Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10481762 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9762) (9763) (9764) (9765) (9766) (9767) (9768) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
cry

I don't know why anyone would ever choose a fully fit Barkley over an injured RLC.

Boy is a beast when he's fit. Bar this injury that kept him out before he returned, I doubt if anyone would be challenging his position in the first team.

We all saw him at Palace, and then 2 seasons ago. He was unplayable.

Same Barkley that has zero reading of the game, can barely keep up with the tempo of the game, and acts like he has a 25kg iron on his waist? Come on man. RLC any time of the day.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
Never liked Barkley....When is he leaving
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
VargasVee:
cry

I don't know why anyone would ever choose a fully fit Barkley over an injured RLC.

Boy is a beast when he's fit. Bar this injury that kept him out before he returned, I doubt if anyone would be challenging his position in the first team.

Same Barkley that has zero reading of the game, can barely keep up with the tempo of the game, and acts like he has a 25kg iron on his waist? Come on man. RLC any time of the day.

All the people who say that never watched him at Palace.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
CapitalCee:

The truth is nobody is sure of the amount. English media is saying £71m max/€80.
German media is saying £90m/€100m.
Chelsea official site said he is the record signing.
Leverkusen official is saying €100m.
The fee just like some transfers are undisclosed.

Till today nobody knows how much barca paid for Neymar, Van der sar and Evra to Man United. Only yesterday we knew how much madrid paid for Hazard, Madrid denied it though. So its undisclosed.
Moreover if he plays well nobody will remember the amount. Goodluck to him
I had to check the handle twice. This is a great post.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Botfuss: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
“ we didn’t sign anyone” excuse is over. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Segedinho:

Wey Rudiger

I take God beg you

No invoke thunder upon yourself ooo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
nateevs:

Honestly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
CapitalCee:

The truth is nobody is sure of the amount. English media is saying £71m max/€80.
German media is saying £90m/€100m.
Chelsea official site said he is the record signing.
Leverkusen official is saying €100m.
The fee just like some transfers are undisclosed.

Till today nobody knows how much barca paid for Neymar, Van der sar and Evra to Man United. Only yesterday we knew how much madrid paid for Hazard, Madrid denied it though. So its undisclosed.
Moreover if he plays well nobody will remember the amount. Goodluck to him
wow shocked such true and intelligent words cheesycheesy

Seriously, you are completely right grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Unlimited22:

you self cheesy I been think say person don hack him account cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
VargasVee:
cry

Unplayable.

The bar is so low these days.

Barkley in his worst seasons is RLC level or better.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
Unlimited22:

Banter aside Chelsea made great signings this season. The problem is will Chelsea fans allow the players to settle in? Would they be listening to banters from rival fans and give up on promising young players? Some players take up to 2 years to bed in, some hit the ground running. Among Chelsea signings I see Ziyech and Werner hitting the ground running, Costa will just be normal but will bring experience. Havertz might take little time, so Lampard should rotate him with Mount and take pressure off him, he still have time he is just 21. Imagine if all these Chelsea signings become hit, even if its next year. Lol. We are all dead.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Unplayable.

You're completely right.

The bar is so low these days because we have to look up Goals and Assists to determine who performed better unlike the good Ol' days.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thazard:

Hmm deep

But I can't think of letting RLC leave.

After Eden Hazard,he is my favorite player.
are you talking about midfield(ders) or entire squad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
raumdeuter:
I dey hope say UEFA can pair Chelsea with Bayern again

You better becareful of what you wish for yourself oooo............He go just do you like allianz arena 2012 may 19th to be prrcised.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
popizaino:

I take God beg you

No invoke thunder upon yourself ooo grin
grin grin grin
Is it from God or Armadioha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
Just a reminder for future reference, cool postdigger take note

Just as City replaced players when Pep came, Chelsea is replacing Hazard,Pedro,Willian,Costa with Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner and they need time to gell cheesy

It takes time to go from
Hazard
Hazar
Haza
Haz
Ha
Hav
Have
Haver
Havert
Havertz

grin

four completely new attackers to new team mates, in a new team and a new league. They will need gelling time cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Unplayable.

Apples and Oranges. If Barkley grew up as a Chelsea player, nobody will know zilch about him. Barkley's "acclaimed" success is largely due to the faith that Everton put in him as a young player, a chance that RLC never had Chelsea.

RLC scored 11 goals from midlfield at Chelsea in his first full season. It was even full because he got injured. And he's been recovering ever since. In that time Barkley has been playing alognside upgraded talent compared to his Everton days, and has had the chance to establish himself himself as the number one Chelsea midfielder but everyone's first 11 now includes Mount before Barkley. So much for all the talent.

Let RLC 2 seasons under his belt at Chelsea, then we can judge fairly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
VargasVee:

You're completely right.

The bar is so low these days because we have to look up Goals and Assists to determine who performed better unlike the good Ol' days.

In the old days, we didn't know how to measure stats.

We also didn't have the technology to do so.

RLC has never been unplayable in the senior men's game.

This argument should not even be resurrected. I won't forget when BigKesh, Mr Youth himself, the the biggest proponent of the Chelsea youth system on this thread bar maybe Nateevs denounced the same RLC he had been championing for 3 or 4 years.

It's always easy to look back with rose-tinted glasses, but comparing RLC at Palace to Barkley at Everton where he was a regular England international is very wrong mehn.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
For me nothing to be too excited about,Maybe if wa sign Thiago and i see Rudiger and kepa taking the exit door from the club I can finally join the excitement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
nateevs:

Apples and Oranges. If Barkley grew up as a Chelsea player, nobody will know zilch about him. Barkley's "acclaimed" success is largely due to the faith that Everton put in him as a young player, a chance that RLC never had Chelsea.

RLC scored 11 goals from midlfield at Chelsea in his first full season. It was even full because he got injured. And he's been recovering ever since. In that time Barkley has been playing alognside upgraded talent compared to his Everton days, and has had the chance to establish himself himself as the number one Chelsea midfielder but everyone's first 11 now includes Mount before Barkley. So much for all the talent.

Let RLC have 2 seasons under his belt at Chelsea, then we can judge fairly.

You know Barkley was injured for an entire season before he started at Chelsea.

Infact he signed for Chelsea from the sick bay.

He came back from fitness to play under one of the most useless coaches Chelsea has had the misfortune of hiring in recent years.

He has really played one good season under a decent manager, and even in this season he was out for like 2 months with injury....and then Corona happened.

Even in such dire conditions, RLC cannot out-stat him....let alone when he was at Everton playing under defensive coaches like Moyes or complete nut-jobs like Martinez.

Let me be very clear, Barkley has suffered serious setbacks to his career over the last 2 seasons, but at his peak he's still a better player than Cheek abeg.

RLC stats in the decent season that you mentioned are the same as Barkley's in his worst

Numbers don't lie

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
Barkley Christensen and one crate of Heineken in exchange for upamecano smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
popizaino:

You better becareful of what you wish for yourself oooo............He go just do you like allianz arena 2012 may 19th to be prrcised.

Since this time,Bayern has won 2 or 3 UCL and if not for FRAUDiola they would have won 5 now but you chelshit fans are still refering to one of the most one sided UCL final ever with only one shot on goal and was decided with a lottery pk

THIS IS WHAT CLUB WITHOUT HISTORY DO SHA....YOU WILL NEVER WIN UCL EVER AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
popizaino:
For me nothing to be too excited about,Maybe if wa sign Thiago and i see Rudiger and kepa taking the exit door from the club I can finally join the excitement.

What thiago? MAKE UNA GO STEAL AM NA...UNA THINK SAY NA EVERYTHING UNA DIRTY MONEY FIT BUY undecided

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Skimpledawg:

Exactly why RLC should vamoose. I'd keep Barkley instead of RLC to be honest.

Guys should stop mentioning Rice here. Ampadu can deputize for Kante. We still have fine boy Gilmour on the bench too.
Barkley has nothing on Loftus Cheek. That is all I have to say.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2020
Unlimited22:

You'll Keep Barkley ahead of RLC?

Sir I think you need to end that fast. Your brain needs some glucose grin

I am in total agreement about Rice though. I no dey follow anybody argue again, and if we sign him I'll back him just like Chilwell, but we don't need him
Tell him o before he goes outside to say it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
MorataFC:
grin grin grin
Is it from God or Armadioha

From God off course
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
nihilistjnr:

You know Barkley was injured for an entire season before he started at Chelsea.

Infact he signed for Chelsea from the sick bay.

He came back from fitness to play under one of the most useless coaches Chelsea has had the misfortune of hiring in recent years.

He has really played one good season under a decent manager, and even in this season he was out for like 2 months with injury....and then Corona happened.

Even in such dire conditions, RLC cannot out-stat him....let alone when he was at Everton playing under defensive coaches like Moyes or complete nut-jobs like Martinez.

Let me be very clear, Barkley has suffered serious setbacks to his career over the last 2 seasons, but at his peak he's still a better player than Cheek abeg.

RLC stats in the decent season that you mentioned are the same as Barkley's in his worst

Numbers don't lie

I think you have just not liked RLC as a player. RLC's full debut as a Chelsea player with 11 goals from midfield was at 22. He was at Palace as 21. Everything he's been judged on so far, is his playing career until 22. Who gets judged like that?

That's not even close to his best. So this comparison to "Barkley's best" is a needless point really.

In fact, I could extrapolate based on his output and tell you that if he did not get injured, and the consistency continued under Lampard; with the chances we create now, RLC would have been hitting 15/16 goals steady per season, a feat that Barkley will have to sell his talent to achieve at his very best. Barkley has an awkward turn of pace, he can be clumsy, has very poor decision making the final third, and ultimately not very compatible with the Lampard style of football. Where Barkley excels is in counter-attacking football. We don't play that way.

These are the key indices where RLC is head and shoulders above him. RLC can play counter-attacking football, but on top of that is an intelligent footballer that is quick on his feet, crisp and sharp in his passing, deceptively quick, serious goal threat, has defensive presence in set-pieces, serious build and size, can play multiple positions, serious presser in midfield, and a very decent fit for Lampard's tactics.

Barkley can stay. It's okay. We would always need all the legs we can get. But when it comes to giving a talent a chance, it's got to be RLC getting that spot, if he's shown in training that he is up for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
nihilistjnr:

In the old days, we didn't know how to measure stats.

We also didn't have the technology to do so.

RLC has never been unplayable in the senior men's game.

This argument should not even be resurrected. I won't forget when BigKesh, Mr Youth himself, the the biggest proponent of the Chelsea youth system on this thread bar maybe Nateevs denounced the same RLC he had been championing for 3 or 4 years.

It's always easy to look back with rose-tinted glasses, but comparing RLC at Palace to Barkley at Everton where he was a regular England international is very wrong mehn.

There's no denying that he's had a better career than RLC owing to the fact he got a shot in the first team early.

Barkley is the height of inconsistencies even in his best days. He loses the ball way too easily and can barely make a split sec decision when it is required.

Not saying RLC is the finished product but he is a far better choice than Barkley and he's shown the promise time and time again.

One angle you should definitely look at is, "Has Barkley improved over the years?, Is there even a chance that he'd?"

I'd take the younger Barkley over this one any day. Dude is on the decline.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by postdigger(m): 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Just a reminder for future reference, cool postdigger take note

Just as City replaced players when Pep came, Chelsea is replacing Hazard,Pedro,Willian,Costa with Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner and they need time to gell cheesy

It takes time to go from
Hazard
Hazar
Haza
Haz
Ha
Hav
Have
Haver
Havert
Havertz

grin

four completely new attackers to new team mates, in a new team and a new league. They will need gelling time cheesy

Aghh, the Gelling card cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
VargasVee:
cry

The bold is so on point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
nateevs:

I didn't watch him at Palace. The boy was a beast under Sarri.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Depth cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9762) (9763) (9764) (9765) (9766) (9767) (9768) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oliverano, afrodoc2 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.