Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,313 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10683385 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9975) (9976) (9977) (9978) (9979) (9980) (9981) ... (19345) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Chelsea need a new coach. Lampard is not fit to lead the team. He is always changing CB partners and we expect goalkeepers to be in their best

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Omo we are 6 inside this shop.
Under UK law we are not allowed any more people.

Try another shop bro

Mad man! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thank God we salvaged 1 point sha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
hensben:
Chelsea need a new coach. Lampard is not fit to lead the team. He is always changing CB partners and we expect goalkeepers to be in their best
I pray he's learnt a great lesson today..d defence is not like attack dat is tweaked anyhow

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
DExponential:

I'll always support Lamps but not this time. How did Alonso perform in our first two matches? Why give him another start? Why pair Silva and Chris just like that? If he was ok with the team, why did he remove Alonslow and Kovacic after the first half. Lampard has been making selection blunders, it's ok to blame him for this.

Alonso is the only natural LB in the match day squad, so who else will he play there? Don't tell me Azpi because even a 2 year old child must have noticed that Azpi is being eased out of the starting XI gradually. No one knows why Emerson and/or Chilwell isn't in the team.

Why can't Silva be paired with Chris? Is anything wrong with it? And what do you mean by "just like that"? Have you watched the partnership before, to know that it's a bad selection? And do you think Zouma is just left out of the match day squad just like that?

And the bolded is just laughable. If every coach is okay with his selection, then there won't ever be tactical substitutions during matches. One of the qualities of a good coach is the ability to identify his teams deficiency and make the needed change to achieve a desired result AND that is exactly what Lampard did.

Not all coaches will have the balls to make the changes Lampard made to turn the game around. Ineffective Alonso went off for Azpi. Kova off for CHO (we all saw his impact) and Mount came in the middle....only that tactical change produced 2 goals. Still pushing for goals, he took off Silva for Giroud and went for a back 3 of Azpi, Chris and James (imagine that back 3). We kept pushing till the 3rd goal came.

This is what a bold coach is made of. I don't know why the blame.

Against Liverpool, Lampard's tactics was working spot on till the red card.

Why exactly are people blaming Lampard?

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Skimpledawg:

I can literally feel you yelling grin

Baba, calm down.

Some kind posts here dey make person vex walahi...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bville02:

Mad man! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thank God we salvaged 1 point sha.
Azin ehn...1point today felt like 3,,coming from 3goals down
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:16am On Sep 27, 2020
I can't give a verdict on a game I did not watch.

But of what use is a pressing midfielder if you still end up conceeding goals ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Ibime's favourite show THE NFL SHOW currently on my screen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:

As long as we get the wins cheesy

You be madt man

VAR's wins.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:28am On Sep 27, 2020
popizaino:

None of the goals were through midfield but defender brainfarts and a setlpiece.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Ibime:

None of the goals were through midfield but defender brainfarts and a setlpiece.

Ok....Thank you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 1:56am On Sep 27, 2020
DExponential:
Tammy may score some great goals but he looks like a complete poacher to me. He always gets into great positions for tap-ins and errors.

Strikers that can do this will easily score 10 goals this way every season.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:28am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
Una don start again

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:40am On Sep 27, 2020
timbros:

Alonso is the only natural LB in the match day squad, so who else will he play there? Don't tell me Azpi because even a 2 year old child must have noticed that Azpi is being eased out of the starting XI gradually. No one knows why Emerson and/or Chilwell isn't in the team.

Why can't Silva be paired with Chris? Is anything wrong with it? And what do you mean by "just like that"? Have you watched the partnership before, to know that it's a bad selection? And do you think Zouma is just left out of the match day squad just like that?

And the bolded is just laughable. If every coach is okay with his selection, then there won't ever be tactical substitutions during matches. One of the qualities of a good coach is the ability to identify his teams deficiency and make the needed change to achieve a desired result AND that is exactly what Lampard did.

Not all coaches will have the balls to make the changes Lampard made to turn the game around. Ineffective Alonso went off for Azpi. Kova off for CHO (we all saw his impact) and Mount came in the middle....only that tactical change produced 2 goals. Still pushing for goals, he took off Silva for Giroud and went for a back 3 of Azpi, Chris and James (imagine that back 3). We kept pushing till the 3rd goal came.

This is what a bold coach is made of. I don't know why the blame.

Against Liverpool, Lampard's tactics was working spot on till the red card.

Why exactly are people blaming Lampard?
No mind them

People will just open their mouth just to talk without taking things into consideration.

Blaming lampard for xterday game is just being careless.

We played very well till d mistakes

had good chances n still played better.

Some deficiency was spotted n covered up in d 2nd half n we pinned them to to thier half.

People are just busy typing even after they knew we are short of first team players.

We had a very good game last night,there was no head down even after 3

The mentality n belief was there.

Silva n Chris were good except those mistakes.

Not playing odoi was a very good decision cos he has been a mess who needed to redeem himself.

I wonder how people watch matches self.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:45am On Sep 27, 2020
popizaino:

They goals were avoidable mistakes

Were defenders were giving opponent striker gift of goals

The 1st n 2nd were gifts.

The 3rd was a Set piece.

In all caba was extremely poor,an average keeper would save one of the goal from d mistake..

U can get d highlights from YouTube though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2020
Segedinho:

No mind them

People will just open their mouth just to talk without taking things into consideration.

Blaming lampard for xterday game is just being careless.

We played very well till d mistakes

had good chances n still played better.

Some deficiency was spotted n covered up in d 2nd half n we pinned them to to thier half.

People are just busy typing even after they knew we are short of first team players.

We had a very good game last night,there was no head down even after 3

The mentality n belief was there.

Silva n Chris were good except those mistakes.

Not playing odoi was a very good decision cos he has been a mess who needed to redeem himself.

I wonder how people watch matches self.
What do you expect against west Brom.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
Our off ball movement and recovery are average and it is Lampard’s fault.
How do you mean off ball recovery

Who had a better game bw both clubs.

The tactics was spot on.. we created chances,they didn't had any chance troubling caba.

We pinned them to thier half in d 2nd half.

Mistakes of such calibre would ruin the players mentality n definitely lead to a loss.

Tell me how many chances they had using Chris n Silva partnership as a yardstick.

You blv lampard isn't ok tactically but pep's agnst wolves were spot on abi.

Xterday alone Brighton had 5 balls against d post..

these 2 examples to me shows more concerned than lampard vs west Brom in terms of tactics.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 6:55am On Sep 27, 2020
We played well. 1 point gained from losing position.

Came back from 3 goals down in the first half to getting a point is not easy.

Changes were spot on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
What do you expect against west Brom.
What we expected was actually what we got

But u are putting individual horrendous mistakes on Lampard....

Is it tactics that played the ball twice to their strikers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 6:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Chelsea try yesterday ooo

3 goals down from silly mistakes

I nvr expected them to even draw the match

Dm try abeg

We move

If time still dey we go win that match.. Westbrom pack bus tire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Obere4u:
We played well. 1 point gained from losing position.

Came back from 3 goals down in the first half to getting a point is not easy.

Changes were spot on.

The most important thing is d way we conceded d goals.
It wasn't based on the play but from individuals.

This would have ruin the game totally.

But we scored 3 beautiful goals in 45 mins despite the head down, despite their crowded defence.

Blaming lampard is just careless.

Havertz plays a very good role in creating spaces

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2020
chic2pimp:
Ibime's favourite show THE NFL SHOW currently on my screen.
Bro when last did you hear from ibukun, hope she's fine
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2020
macjireh:

he didn't change wings,,he was asked to play there
did you watch the match?
he started on the right wing and changed to the left later in the game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2020
Segedinho:

What we expected was actually what we got

But u are putting individual horrendous mistakes on Lampard....

Is it tactics that played the ball twice to their strikers
It is his instruction and tactics that make chelsea defenders and keepers to always pass at the back thereby leading to errors.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
It is his instruction and tactics that make chelsea defenders and keepers to always pass at the back thereby leading to errors.
Is starting attacks from the back a poor tactics.

This is exactly what modern football requires .

Those goals from mistakes weren't from pressures but just silly mistakes not cos it is "passing from back" tingy

U kick a ball out under pressure.

Lamp doesn't deserve any fault from xterday

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:22am On Sep 27, 2020
Segedinho:

Is starting attacks from the back a poor tactics.

This is exactly what modern football requires .

Those goals from mistakes weren't from pressures but just silly mistakes not cos it is "passing from back" tingy

U kick a ball out under pressure.

Lamp doesn't deserve any fault from xterday
Lampard contributed to the fault, he likes to try new thing all the time, always experimenting, I mean why give sylva captain arm band. What do you expect sylva to feel like with that move.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
Lampard contributed to the fault, he likes to try new thing all the time, always experimenting, I mean why give sylva captain arm band. What do you expect sylva to feel like with that move.
Now it is all about the hand band.

1st captain was absent

Assistant was absent

Kante is a quite guy and You need a more rugged player.

I would have wanted kante though but wat have captain band have to do with tactics.

Did d captaincy made them loose focus?

I see u are just trying to bend everything cos there is no correlation bw captaincy n tactics.

Bw Aguero n KDB who deserve d band?

Bw magwaya n Pogba who deserve d hand.?

You see,it is not all about how long....it is about what the coach see.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:44am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
I'm tempted to ask.. Did you watch the match?
Cos the way you're going about this, seems you just want to blame lampard cos of the scoreline without even watching the match

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2020
Jodera:
I'm tempted to ask.. Did you watch the match?
Cos the way you're going about this, seems you just want to blame lampard cos of the scoreline without even watching the match
I watched the match. Lampard approach to game is rubbing on our results and the way the team play. Don’t be surprise Kepa is not that bad but his consistent changing of CB partners is a weakness to any goalkeeper. See how Arteta organize arsenal to play, he already has his winning team and tactics and he is building on that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2020
hensben:
I watched the match. Lampard approach to game is rubbing on our results and the way the team play. Don’t be surprise Kepa is not that bad but his consistent changing of CB partners is a weakness to any goalkeeper. See how Arteta organize arsenal to play, he already has his winning team and he is building on that.
What is your preffered line up and why

Let start from there.

It is now Arteta.......not captaincy again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Segedinho:

What is your preffered line up and why

Let start from there.

It is now Arteta.......not captaincy again

Its not just line up for Lampard but his tactics and approach to games, his selection too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9975) (9976) (9977) (9978) (9979) (9980) (9981) ... (19345) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueMann, Agadinaagwuofe, bolu96(m), BlueAngel444, cephasdultimate, Bluelines69 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.