Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (70587 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by aceyralph(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
My idea based on building ourselves is basically brief but can be expanded. 1. We need to organize a gathering wherein we shall be taught what being a writer is all about and how to make progress as a writer or as writer. 2. This forum will afford us the opportunity to meet ourselves, discuss ideas facislly and thrash some pertinent issues squarely. To do this, everyone shall be obliged to pay a a sum of money (flat rate) say 2000 for guest instructors and light refreshment. I believe that after such an event, our motivation will gear up ahead. Let me end here for now.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
<Taking down minutes> Nice thought but i don't buy the trio idea. Dismissal of officials?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by sexkills(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2012
Really took out my time to read over this thread.
Mtcheeeeew I don't know wath kept me reading.
I conclude that u all can still make it
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:29am On Dec 25, 2012
aceyralph: Emyo this is a thoughtful write up though, but I do not see a room for opinions. I take it that you admonished us on the right path. Again, what I didn't really digest is about the "trio" I wouldn't want to misinterpret it but if you mean we should all subside while the "trio" carry on the duty, in that case I don't buy the idea nonetheless. Let's sieve and develop ourselve to become a united force, by so doing we can draw more capacity to influence and enthrone our ideas and ideals to the public. Correct me if I go wrong in this post. Gracias
if we all are to enter this new with YAN Community, we are to do away with politics. We are to run away from the talks of power. Only one person can lead us for the time been,,,except through effort recognition, he decide to delegate.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2012
seunpayne: So...that being said...what is the way forward? List them out so we can see.
without much words, I dream and talk of yan every day. Am not saying all tis without agendas to keep us working and writing.

I'd expected the officials set up to have got anthologies ready, done with constructive criticism, critique, got a web based site, and final touch to the constitution among other important activities without money like the setting up our our cooperate account.

Wh*t we ve now is too large, I mean our official needs reduction...three is enough.

Then if I happen to be among the three,

Dailynews will provide us with
1. basic rules
2. New/fresh register of members.
3. Build a blog site, were we wil build communities around our writers and a medium of interecting with them.
4. Get our authors to work, to provide us with short stories.
5. Fill our blog constantly with stories/poems from our authors.
6.Those who show cooperation, readiness and commitment will be give admin status on the blog.
7. Each stories takes it bite of critique...
8. The progress, reformation inter alia from the critique obtained from each author is monitored and observed.
9. Pledgerism is highly monitored.
10. We will be getting to the hearts of the people with good contents.
11. The intent is to build community of writers, and community of readers, fun lovers, critiques, observers and many more curious audience.

After we succeed in that simple task we move to the next step.

Which is...going offline...

In all we are task to write a fresh novel of 500 page with rules, principle and criteria observed and gathered from the critiques of our short stories and the communit?s LECTURE.

This task is to be monitored on an unpublished page.

God is our strength
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Goodjayrecords(m): 6:45am On Dec 25, 2012
I'm happy we're all here once again to do it the monistically (one track mind)'s way! But to take this noble community to the promise land, we all have to be versatile and treats with respect all our brothers and sisters opinions. JUSTUS DANIEL PRIZE 4 SHORT STORIES & POEMS is coming up next year, and Yan Community should be ready to bites it BIG!! ONE LOVE!!!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2012
collins123: SMH.

What is this thread doing on Nairaland?

*vomits on thread and hisses*
it would ve bin too late d minute u realized this could ve helped u.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:00am On Dec 25, 2012
Uniquexty: <Taking down minutes> Nice thought but i don't buy the trio idea. Dismissal of officials?
YAN LEADERSHIP IS TOO LARge wit nothin to show. So dailynews wil b givin us d rules if we agree to d new community, and also appoint two others to work wit him.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
Today is my birthday
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Uniquexty: Today is my birthday

Lolz, was coming to wish you a happy birthday.
Saw your name on the birthday list on Nairaland home page.
Happy Birthday, Xmas baby!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by sexkills(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
Uniquexty: Today is my birthday
hip hip hurrah...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by sexkills(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2012

you are supposed to had been giving a two week BAN
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
*blushing deeply* Tnx a million@ cuddlemi nd Sexkills. I fill so cuddled....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2012
aceyralph: My idea based on building ourselves is basically brief but can be expanded. 1. We need to organize a gathering wherein we shall be taught what being a writer is all about and how to make progress as a writer or as writer. 2. This forum will afford us the opportunity to meet ourselves, discuss ideas facislly and thrash some pertinent issues squarely. To do this, everyone shall be obliged to pay a a sum of money (flat rate) say 2000 for guest instructors and light refreshment. I believe that after such an event, our motivation will gear up ahead. Let me end here for now.
I will arranging for a lecture via thiscount or any other user who can link us up with an experienced writer, teacher, lecturer and an internet user. No more offline meetings till we are capable for it. Am just suggesting, don't u think it a waste of time, effort and resource, while we have the option of doing all this online?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:13am On Dec 27, 2012
Thank you for being part of our online community.
To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic rules for participation.
By joining this community, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules set for this community.
You also agree to abide by all relevant policies and procedures of YAN.
You further agree to reserve posting comments for topics best suited to the medium.
This is a great medium with which to learn about writing, solicit the advice of your colleagues, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, YAN (nairaland or any other platform been in use) reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove any posting deemed as inappropriate or that violates these rules or is otherwise unlawful.
YAN also reserve the right, at its discretion, to suspend, ban or terminate membership for members who violate these rules.

Section 1. The Commenting Rules
A. Do not challenge or attack others. Posting comments is meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
b. Do not post commercial comments or advertisement. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
C• Do not discuss prices, salaries, benefits, fees, specific business transactions, or individual business, books or site, and in particular do not defame, disparage, or criticize any person or his works.
D• Use caution when discussing products or services. Posted comments are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
E• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments are strictly prohibited. Do not post comments that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
F• Remember that YAN and other group participants have the right to reproduce comments that are posted online.
G• Post your comments only to the most appropriate online community or topic(s)

Section 2. Further Posting Rules
1. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments.
2. Do not post any information or other comments protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants YAN COMMUNITY and members of this online group the non exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such comments, information, or other material.
3. Comments should not be posted if they contain, encourage or facilitate members advertisement of books, blogs, website or material inter alia not endorsed by YAN COM" either by express or implied.
4. Alien issue or discussions and negotiation are not to be posted on any YAN COM" site.
5. Sexual explicit contents, stories which may or could lead to unrest, uprising, disintegration and had within its blue prints ills of nigeria is prohibited.

Please ones again I want us to look into the above, I need your say about all of the above.
After my last discussion with Dailynews and few others; he said anything we are to do, should be done in january 2013.
Have been trying to reach him on phone so he sees our readiness and preparation towards that, but all to no avail.

Please I want to reassure us, we gonna make it, this pace will soon be accelerated.

Thank you all, and please do air your minds on all of the above.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2012
Uniquexty: *blushing deeply* Tnx a million@ cuddlemi nd Sexkills. I fill so cuddled....

You are welcome, I so envy u for being an Xmas baby cheesy
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2012

YANboko Haram.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Coolval222(m): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmmm, ok nah! wishing you guys success, since i aint qualified to join, lemme continue riding solo {it pays more}
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Coolval222(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Uniquexty: .
i like the blog in ur signature, its kinda user friendly, i'll visit more often....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
#
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Coolval222: i like the blog in ur signature, its kinda user friendly, i'll visit more often....
tnx dearie. Whoever said i'l let you run solo. Noway. Jst b patient a lil. @sunical, was dat a welcome speech?
sunical: #
Coolval222: i like the blog in ur signature, its kinda user friendly, i'll visit more often....
tnx dearie. Whoever said i'l let you run solo. Noway. Jst b patient a lil. @sunical, was dat a welcome speech?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Means progress is being made. lol
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Coolval222: Hmmmmm, ok nah! wishing you guys success, since i aint qualified to join, lemme continue riding solo {it pays more}
dear, you are very much welcome, wait a second more, we will soon demand for your contact. But first we want to be sure we are ready, and we have to know who among the old hard working members still believes in this new wave of progress. We want to know those serious and ready to sacrifice their time once more. In essence we want to start a new register, no chance for them to creep in
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
sunical: Means progress is being made. lol
happy to see you. They is nothing any one can do without each and every one of us. You've done very well in the past, you've showed you love for progress, union`ship and passion for writing.
Let do it together
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
sunical: Means progress is being made. lol
happy to see you. They is nothing any one can do without each and every one of us. You've done very well in the past, you've showed you love for progress, union`ship and passion for writing.
Let do it together.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
Emyo: happy to see you. They is nothing any one can do without each and every one of us. You've done very well in the past, you've showed you love for progress, union`ship and passion for writing.
Let do it together.

Thanks bro. We will.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by channel190(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2012
1. Groups can arise from almost nothing
The desire to form and join a group is the best thing that can improve ones placement in the society.

2. Initiation rites improve group evaluations
Existing groups don't let others join for free: the cost is sometimes monetary, sometimes intellectual, sometimes physical—but usually there is an initiation rite, even if it's well disguised.

Aronson and Mills (1959) tested the effect of initiation rites by making one group of women read passages from sexually explicit novels. Afterwards they rated the group they had joined much more positively than those who hadn't had to undergo the humiliating initiation. So, not only do groups want to test you, but they want you to value your membership and position in associating with the society

3. Groups breed conformity
After joining a group and being initiated, we have to get a feel for the group norms, the rules of behaviour in that group. Group norms can be extremely powerful, bending our behaviours in ways we would never expect.

4. Learn the ropes or be ostracised
Group norms are extremely pervasive: this becomes all the more obvious when we start breaking them.

5. You become your job
Although groups have norms—rules that apply to everyone in the group—people have roles within groups and corresponding rules that apply to just their position.

6. Leaders gain trust by conforming
A high-profile, high-status role in any group is that of its leader, but where do leaders come from? In some groups, they are appointed or imposed from outside, but in many groups leaders emerge slowly and subtly from the ranks.

A study that has much to teach was carried out by Merei (1949) who observed children at a Hungarian nursery school. He noticed that successful leaders were those who initially fitted in with the group then slowly began to suggest new activities adapted from the old. Children didn't follow potential leaders who jumped straight in with new ideas. Leaders first conform, then only later, when trust has been gained, can they be confident that others will follow. This has been confirmed in later studies (with grown-ups!).

7. Groups can improve performance...
The mere presence of others can make us perform better. The presence of other people seems to facilitate our own performance, but more so when the task is relatively separate to others and can be judged on its own merits.

8. ...but people will loaf{hide under laziness}
In other circumstances, though, people in groups demonstrate a tremendous capacity for loafing. Another social psychology pioneer, Max Ringelmann , found in the 1890s that participants in a tug 'o war only put in half as much effort when they were in a team of 8 than when they were on their own. It seems that when hiding in the group is easy, for example when tasks are additive and each person's contribution is difficult to judge, people will slack off to an impressive degree

I pray this group will fish them out.

9. Groups breed competition
While co-operation within group members is generally not so much of a problem, co-operation between groups can be hellish. People may be individually co-operative, but once put in a 'them-and-us' situation, rapidly become remarkably adversarial.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 9:56am On Dec 28, 2012
@channel 190, u sound like a sociologist. (colleague in the house)
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 01, 2013
I want to first congratulate all of us who made it successfully to 2013, congratulations because it wasn’t easy from the beginning to the end of 2012.

New Year usually come with new ideas, new hope, new dreams, new visions, new targets and new resolutions, so what are your New Year resolutions this 2013? I don’t know what they are, but I am pretty sure you have one- everyone does, including myself.

I want to use this medium and opportunity to apologize to those I may have wronged in the course of carrying out my day-to-day activities in the past year 2012, I sincerely ask for your forgiveness. To those I may have helped in one way or the other, I wish I did more, honestly. And to those who helped me in one way or the other too, I sincerely THANK you so much with love and gratitude.

YAN began its journey earlier last year, and I had great visions and dreams before initiating the association/group, and I still have that great enthusiasm that YAN will be a success. At this point, I want to also thank the pioneer members, in the persons of- Emma Ogiri, a.k.a Emyo, Christiana Eke, a.k.a Uniquexty, George Ukachukwu, a.k.a Peaceworld, Phoebe Ikechukwu, a.k.a Phiozy, Sunical, Aceralph, Happiness Otobo, a.k.a hapi-pearl, Chioma Orji, and to so many others who had been so faithful to this cause right from the beginning, and even at a time everyone seemed to have lost faith and passion in the group, these people stood by YAN, encouraging and motivating others via their emotional and encouraging words that always came at the required time. I want to specially thank Emma Ogiri and Uniquexty, you guys have really proven beyond doubt that you are ambitious young people, and with your spirits, believe me, you guys will go places, please do keep it up, eyes are watching.

Finally to all members, aspiring and intending members of YAN, I welcome you all to 2013, and I want to encourage you all not to lose faith and passion in this cause, because with God as our strength, YAN will succeed because it has come to stay and not to go unnoticed.

Do not be discouraged by the few setbacks, quarrels, and political feuds that took place within YAN some few months back, do remember that FAILURE IS COMMON TO EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSONS IN LIFE, so YAN cannot be an exception, what matters most in life is our ability to overcome our failures and advance gallantly towards victory, of which YAN will by God’s grace.

In this New Year, YAN is going to be redefined to ensure it meets its set goals and targets, and to also benefit its individual members. But note, YAN will not entertain laxity, dormancy, and inactiveness of any member this New Year, so be ready to work, to act and to function with diligence, passion and faith.

In the coming weeks, you will be reading more updates on the activities and plans for the new year, please liven your passion once again for YAN’s sake, let all that happened in 2012 go with 2012 and let us advance harmoniously into 2013.

happy new year YANNERS!

Love from- DailyNews

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by channel190(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2013
DailyNews: I want to first congratulate all of us who made it successfully to 2013, congratulations because it wasn’t easy from the beginning to the end of 2012.

New Year usually come with new ideas, new hope, new dreams, new visions, new targets and new resolutions, so what are your New Year resolutions this 2013? I don’t know what they are, but I am pretty sure you have one- everyone does, including myself.

I want to use this medium and opportunity to apologize to those I may have wronged in the course of carrying out my day-to-day activities in the past year 2012, I sincerely ask for your forgiveness. To those I may have helped in one way or the other, I wish I did more, honestly. And to those who helped me in one way or the other too, I sincerely THANK you so much with love and gratitude.

YAN began its journey earlier last year, and I had great visions and dreams before initiating the association/group, and I still have that great enthusiasm that YAN will be a success. At this point, I want to also thank the pioneer members, in the persons of- Emma Ogiri, a.k.a Emyo, Christiana Eke, a.k.a Uniquexty, George Ukachukwu, a.k.a Peaceworld, Phoebe Ikechukwu, a.k.a Phiozy, Sunical, Aceralph, Happiness Otobo, a.k.a hapi-pearl, Chioma Orji, and to so many others who had been so faithful to this cause right from the beginning, and even at a time everyone seemed to have lost faith and passion in the group, these people stood by YAN, encouraging and motivating others via their emotional and encouraging words that always came at the required time. I want to specially thank Emma Ogiri and Uniquexty, you guys have really proven beyond doubt that you are ambitious young people, and with your spirits, believe me, you guys will go places, please do keep it up, eyes are watching.

Finally to all members, aspiring and intending members of YAN, I welcome you all to 2013, and I want to encourage you all not to lose faith and passion in this cause, because with God as our strength, YAN will succeed because it has come to stay and not to go unnoticed.

Do not be discouraged by the few setbacks, quarrels, and political feuds that took place within YAN some few months back, do remember that FAILURE IS COMMON TO EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSONS IN LIFE, so YAN cannot be an exception, what matters most in life is our ability to overcome our failures and advance gallantly towards victory, of which YAN will by God’s grace.

In this New Year, YAN is going to be redefined to ensure it meets its set goals and targets, and to also benefit its individual members. But note, YAN will not entertain laxity, dormancy, and inactiveness of any member this New Year, so be ready to work, to act and to function with diligence, passion and faith.

In the coming weeks, you will be reading more updates on the activities and plans for the new year, please liven your passion once again for YAN’s sake, let all that happened in 2012 go with 2012 and let us advance harmoniously into 2013.

happy new year YANNERS!

Love from- DailyNews

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by channel190(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2013
DailyNews: I want to first congratulate all of us who made it successfully to 2013, congratulations because it wasn’t easy from the beginning to the end of 2012.

happy new year YANNERS!

Love from- DailyNews

na who be the hold them ba? Welcome, were is that Dude, you guys need to finalize this. Were your people dey? What is next
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:04am On Jan 07, 2013

happy new year YANNERS!

Love from- DailyNews

young man! The suspense is getting too much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (68) (Reply)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.