Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (70675 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Mynd44: 4:35am On Apr 08, 2013
Okay peeps, let's get onw thing straight. I don't give a crap about your beefs....Lawd knows I don't but if anyone thinks I am in the mood to start hiding posts or playing referee on this thread or anyone in this section, that person is high.

There will be no insults....None.
There will be no subtle jabs.....I am serious
you wanna fight and trade words, do it on someone else watch.

Make nobody no say I NO WARN UNA OOOO!!!!

I will be handling out bans without caring if you have a story to upload or not.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2013
Mynd_44: Okay peeps, let's get onw thing straight. I don't give a crap about your beefs....Lawd knows I don't but if anyone thinks I am in the mood to start hiding posts or playing referee on this thread or anyone in this section, that person is high.

There will be no insults....None.
There will be no subtle jabs.....I am serious
you wanna fight and trade words, do it on someone else watch.

Make nobody no say I NO WARN UNA OOOO!!!!

I will be handling out bans without caring if you have a story to upload or not.
#nice one...WORD
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2013
The fact here is dat...nobody is happy things aren't working.

If we had tOok off earlier I would have been a better writer today.
My dad is still angry with me when he sees me writing, my friends still mock me like I made a lot of noise about this dream.

To cut the long story short uniquesty you alone can not rebuild YAN, so you need two or more people.

I know we can still get ten dedicated writers in this house who are committed in forming a formidable team in whom the reading habit of nigeria will be recultured.
In whom they will proper dissemination of members works across nigeria.
In whom critic will be accepted as a medium of building better writers.

Uniquesty, what we all lacks is the aggressive zeal.
My autocratic nature would have led us somewhere. The trio medium I suggested would have been better. Had I known.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2013
See this
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2013
I want to upload more pix

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2013
We need to do something ASAP

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2013
God is in Control.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Mynd44: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2013
2go? Dang this is some serious bull crap
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:07am On Apr 08, 2013
Lol @ Goodnews, goodluck, peaceworld and nigerains SOS.
Well how are we sure they aren't members of other writers association trying to frustrate this...like I know a member here who is also a member of one adult writing stuff.

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:09am On Apr 08, 2013
We all really need to come back together.
Ralph am coming.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2013
Mynd_44: 2go? Dang this is some serious bull crap
my hands on my face...on my kneels.

Awoke all ye YAN'errs its been time we decided.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Mynd44: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2013
This is sad. Like seriously?
shockedshocked
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:36am On Apr 08, 2013
Mynd_44: This is sad. Like seriously?
shockedshocked
you aren't far from the truth.
Its sad how over 150 members of an intended group got dispatched cuz of a leader been BUSY, founder been too Emotional and members been spectators.

It pains me for, because Peaceworld is my friend, I wouldn't usurp him, so the initiatives of DN, I and uniquesty have worked for, stressed because of and risk a journey down to Enugu should die.

It pains me that no single person should harmonise all the long term objectives of this group into an achievable short term program. (Like, the main reasons of tthis is to implement a growing reading culture in nigeria and an improved skills to writing).

Its a sad thing to know that we all are respecter of superiority, friendship, statism and emotions. Wake up from slumber. Please.

Myd-44 thanks for coming around, I promise things going to change soon.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Mynd44: 10:40am On Apr 08, 2013
No need for thanks. I am just here to enjoy the show
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2013
Mynd_44: No need for thanks. I am just here to enjoy the show
you welcome...no wwe champions, we going to succeed the show with energised writers making peace for forward sake.

Crush o no. Crush o. Weak o no weak, let us forget the. Past I beg
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by collins123(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2013
What's going on? Did I miss something?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2013
collins123: What's going on? Did I miss something?
you missed nothing.
Now that you are here?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by channel190(m): 11:54am On Apr 11, 2013
Why are you disturbing ye self. If yan works you can always join them btw y would you need them, get to work dude...I will be completing that stuff during the weekend.

#i will be here waiting for the fighters. Lol
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by ikrumalemonday(m): 1:56am On Apr 12, 2013
We should try and respect our dreams. YAN must come to life with the intensity of our vision and mission. Wake up, warm up, shake away all negative and arrange for the positive.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2013
ikrumalemonday: We should try and respect our dreams. YAN must come to life with the intensity of our vision and mission. Wake up, warm up, shake away all negative and arrange for the positive.
wahoo, welcome.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2013
Signing up
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:51am On Apr 13, 2013
Good
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by ikrumalemonday(m): 3:00am On Apr 14, 2013
@Emyo, thank u
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 1:18am On Apr 15, 2013
@all. Above all sentiments, let us drive this simple idea on its railway to the good of all people.
How do we begin?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2013
My suggestion: i think we need to begin like this is a new idea.Apparently all efforts to build on the old blocks have stumbled.Maybe it's time we try a diffrnt approach........nd pls this time,let's try not to get ahead of ourselves..
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Diamondwriter: My suggestion: i think we need to begin like this is a new idea.Apparently all efforts to build on the old blocks have stumbled.Maybe it's time we try a diffrnt approach........nd pls this time,let's try not to get ahead of ourselves..
to me I suuggest the be centred on improving writing skills, promoting our workkkswithin and across nig (self pub kind of) and revitalising of reading culture in nigeria through enticing creativity. SIMPLE!!! grin
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by NoContract(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
Create a new thread!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Mynd44: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
NoContract: Create a new thread!
Bad idea. This one has caused enough wahala
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Bad idea. This one has caused enough wahala
thank you
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by samzy1: 2:27pm On May 04, 2013
I've been a silent follower of this thread. I watched as you all clamoured for something good but far fetched; I saw you reach out for it only for it to crumble to ashes when it was within reach. So here is a qestion for all: "has it ever occured to you that you might be approaching this association issue from the blind side without enlightenment? Has it ever occured to you that you should put so much effort in personal work before crying blue murder?" Well, I have a lot of things to say, but will have to cap my pen before it blots. For every self acclaimed writer, this is my advice to you: go and work on yourself, your english, your creativity, your plots, your ability to hold readers spell-bound and glued to your piece, whether fiction or fact; these are what you should be doing now (sorry if anyone disagrees), instead of repeating the same words every day for 1 year and 2 - 3 months. Work on your short stories and novels, get trusted friends to read them, venture out and meet good editors and publishers; start from somewhere, there is a space for you at the top. This is from one writer to others. Be unique for your style of writing, don't try to use other writer's words or expression, be UNIQUE!
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by moscotech: 8:31am On May 05, 2013
hahahahahhahahahha......what a nice first hit on writing section.

am interested oo. am a writer

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.