Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? (2790 Views)

How Fani-kayode Defended Obasanjo Against Jonathan 14 Months Ago (see Photo) / Bode George, Kashamu Warn Obasanjo Against Attacking Jonathan / “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by nobody2: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2006
our destiny is always in our palms. count how many of us here who need the us and uk to help stop the bulldozer.
why is it that we have eyes and we cannot see? we have mouth and we cannot talk?
Africans especially Nigerians out of proud will always end up dying in silence.Zimbabwe as a case study is experiencing a tough time but they do not need any help according to their mouth peace.
does is matter if God make the us and Uk to be great? why can't we accept our fate and pray that God will make us be like them.
we need them to be great, we need them to stop this unstoppable OBJ. we need them to avoid the disaster that is likely to come. we need them more than they need our resources.
we wanted them out of our lives early to manage our resources yet we cannot boost of electricity and water after 46 years.
OBJ, with much respect, now that you are yet to decide, please say no to third term and save our lives.
remember gone are those old days when presidents remain secred sheeps. if you are not ready to listen to voice of the people be ready for a turn arround - taylor in involved.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2006
chrischidi:

we need them more than they need our resources.
we wanted them out of our lives early to manage our resources yet we cannot boost of electricity and water after 46 years.

and you think they'll come and give you democracy? think again. you need to understand how these people operate. they think of themselves 1st. the US has no free gift for anybody. they removed sadam, brought in chaos and took away oil. they went to vietnam to help,when it got tough they abandoned the vietnamese to the communists and genocide. they gave dangerous advice in iraq that lead to the 1991 uprising and consequent genocide. the list can go on.

if they want to help, why didn't they help somalia,(they left when they saw it was not easy, but they could have done better)liberia(they left nigeria to do the job and came when the job was done to claim taylor), rwanda(they showed a shameful selfishness in this case) so why should they "help" us?

true they can help, they know it better, but they'll rather come for our oil. that is a fact. belive me

cheers
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by pmtarget: 11:31pm On Apr 12, 2006
hi is emmanue from ghana who is very serious and i will like to be ur friend
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2006
Reverend:

I am British and I personally think that we should take out Obasanjo. He is a common criminal and should be treated like a rabid dog! he is no better than Saddam Hussein or any other dictator!

I say it is time that the Nigerian people stop suffering because of this corrupt criminal!

I have to disagree with you on that. Obasanjo has done so much good for the country since 98 (When I arrived Nigeria from UK), he can not be held fully accountable for corrupt SG or LG in the country. I'm not saying his hand is not in the pot (I'm sure it is), all I can comment on is the changes that are taking place at the moment. Will the next President be as affective as OBJ? I doubt it!!!!!

What about the Paris Club? Is that not a big tick on OBJ resume??

Nigerian's are not suffering from OBJ rule, they are suffering from past rulers and present SG's & LG's longest throats!!!

I do not believe that OBJ will or should stand for the 3rd term. He has had his time and done very well as a whole, time to move on!! Pray for a new leader in 2007!
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Idekeson(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2006
Since I posted this question, the price of crude oil has continued to skyrocket. Instability in Iraq and Nigeria has been blamed by the western media. I guess the issue for them now is wether a 3rd term for Obasanjo or change of government will guarantee stability in Nigeria. An unstable Nigeria will cause a lot of problems for the western economy, not to mention the effect on an already fragile West Africa.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Missworld(f): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2006
Yes! Obasanjo has not done much since he rigged his way to that post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pdp Is The Problem Of Nigeria -ibb / Nigerian Indicted In $42m Fraud In Us / Who Is The Shortest Gov. In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.