Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy (3889 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Girl Your Know A Friend Has Slept With? / My Good Friend Has Slept With The Girl I Want To Marry, What Should I Do?‎ / My Friend Has Been Seducing Me- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
i am writing this because i am not sure if my view on this matter is right or not. my friend has been dating this guy for over four years and all through this time, she has been the one taking care of him even when she had no job. its not as if he hasnt been trying to get one but even after all his struggles, it was very tough on him. she has been taking care of him as everyone abandoned him even his parents. he is a good guy in d sense that he doesnt womanise, smoke but drinks moderately. the only problem i have with him is his strict nature. he has an attitude problem, he disagrees with alot of things. he is still a nice person and he appreciates what shes been doing for him but i still feel that it gets to him because she dares not raise her voice at him, or insult him even jokingly or else his conclusion will be that shes raising shoulders because shes been d one taking care of him. he loves her very much because of her kind heart towards him. sometime ago she wanted to leave him but he begged so much and shared alot of tears she was having too many suitors come her way but she was always cutting them off, rich good looking guys. and shes a beauty too. sometimes i feel so sorry for her because she doesnt deserve what shes been through she is such a good girl. she decided to stick with him after all the pleading. but sometime last year, she assisted him with some loan for a business but he said it was quite little so he gave it to his friend who already had an ongoing business to be returned with interest after 3 months but the business went bad and his friend lost all the money, almost a million naira. it is seriously affecting her salary as she now repays the loan through it. she has been so worried but he isnt finding her complaints easy he said she should stop complaining like this all the time that he doesnt like it that she just has to be strong that it will be well this was what he said when she paid 200k for a visa that went bad that money was lost. this led to a very slight misunderstanding and because of that, he hasnt called her for a week now. about 2 pastors telling her that that guy is her husband even a stranger walked up to her one day and said the same thing and also told her that the guy has a very bright future but do these prophecies come to pass all the time? why will she be going through this pains with someone who is supposed to be the husband she is 30years now and the guy 32. he has a job now though a small one but no plans for marriage yet and she has like 3 marriage proposals pending, one from a top rich lawyer in abuja shocked i know money is not everything but this gal deserves to enjoy I have had to assist her financially countless times too pls what do u think? i need your honest comments here
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Osama10(m): 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2012

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ osama i didnt ask for an exclamation mark i need a response pls.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kilimanjaro(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
If she's 100% convinced that the guy is a nice guy, i will suggest she stick with him. He seems a guy of substance according to your writes. But then, he could be putting up a pretence.
I don't believe all these prophets, most of them are gamblers!
Btw, why did his family abandoned him?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Dyt(f): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2012
the only problem i have with him is his strict nature

clears throat

well
since ur pastors has said he is d ryt man, wait wit him till u r 45
it is well wit u both
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
it seems this story is about you.

ANyway, over four yrs and nothing to show for it. 30+yrs..bankrupt..nyou said it all. Drop dat bro!
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kpolli(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2012
God has used style to tell her he isn't the one with the many issues that he has thrown their way. . . Pastors n stranger is telling her otherwise. . . Who does she listen to? undecided
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Booty4me: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
Op if it is you and you are here telling us dat it is ur freind, then go and

Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by TroyJay(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
xxhoney: i am writing this because i am not sure if my view on this matter is right or not. my friend has been dating this guy for over four years and all through this time, she has been the one taking care of him even when she had no job. its not as if he hasnt been trying to get one but even after all his struggles, it was very tough on him. she has been taking care of him as everyone abandoned him even his parents. he is a good guy in d sense that he doesnt womanise, smoke but drinks moderately. the only problem i have with him is his strict nature. he has an attitude problem, he disagrees with alot of things. he is still a nice person and he appreciates what shes been doing for him but i still feel that it gets to him because she dares not raise her voice at him, or insult him even jokingly or else his conclusion will be that shes raising shoulders because shes been d one taking care of him. he loves her very much because of her kind heart towards him. sometime ago she wanted to leave him but he begged so much and shared alot of tears she was having too many suitors come her way but she was always cutting them off, rich good looking guys. and shes a beauty too. sometimes i feel so sorry for her because she doesnt deserve what shes been through she is such a good girl. she decided to stick with him after all the pleading. but sometime last year, she assisted him with some loan for a business but he said it was quite little so he gave it to his friend who already had an ongoing business to be returned with interest after 3 months but the business went bad and his friend lost all the money, almost a million naira. it is seriously affecting her salary as she now repays the loan through it. she has been so worried but he isnt finding her complaints easy he said she should stop complaining like this all the time that he doesnt like it that she just has to be strong that it will be well this was what he said when she paid 200k for a visa that went bad that money was lost. this led to a very slight misunderstanding and because of that, he hasnt called her for a week now. about 2 pastors telling her that that guy is her husband even a stranger walked up to her one day and said the same thing and also told her that the guy has a very bright future but do these prophecies come to pass all the time? why will she be going through this pains with someone who is supposed to be the husband she is 30years now and the guy 32. he has a job now though a small one but no plans for marriage yet and she has like 3 marriage proposals pending, one from a top rich lawyer in abuja shocked i know money is not everything but this gal deserves to enjoy pls what do u think? i need your honest comments here
She doesn't deserve to enjoy. . . She deserves to be happy. If you are her friend, advise her on whatever she knows will make her happy. You can't really choose for her now, can you? You can only show concern and advise her as a friend, but leave her to make her decisions. She'll live with the consequences. Make sure you tell her the advantage and the disadvantage of a particular course she's thinking of taking. Be careful how you go about it, cos sometimes, people are quick to point fingers at the person who gave them advice as the cause of their misfortune, when things eventually go sour. Thread carefully
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
I wouldnt be suprised when the guy makes it big and finds another worthy lady. Fact is, MOST men dnt settle with women that are breadwinners. If u still find them around, it simply means the guy never chop belefull, once dey bé

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by peziz(f): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
This post is worisome. Op if she truely loves that dude and herself, she should seek d face of God herself and i knw God answers. All them prophet ish na wash ooh! Let her pray 4 herself and ask 4 divine direction oh! Jare! Prophet ko! Doom ni!
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Onegai(f): 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
Human beings! I don't know why we exist. This is a sad case of right woman, wrong man. I had the same problem, my salary was even smaller than my ex's, but I was more generous and invested in his future. He would hala over lack of anything, and kept worrying I would blame him if the rel ended. Then he pulled away and when I tried to remove him off my bb or I don't reply his msg, he loses his shi.t. When I try to fix things, he doesn't want to talk.
This man is taking advantage of a good woman. And he's not calling her. Let her stop, don't beg. Pray. Ask God for help. Pastors are not infallible, so they could have misunderstood God's intentions to her. She's proved herself, and it's still not enough for him. Some people cannot accept love when it comes because they're used to rubbish. So let him find her. She's been his blessing, and let her remember, Jacob wrestled an angel for his blessing. I've seen good women end up marrying fellows like this and the man cheats, because he has from Day 1 never been able to appreciate his blessing. Yes, they will cry when you want to leave, the lady I know in this situation, her hubby calls her mum when she wants to leave after 13 years of marriage. But he doesn't want to stop cheating. Let her be careful.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
please tell her to move on with her life.... Some guys have a very good way of wasting a ladies time... Especially when the lady is in love and kind hearted... Believe me when things start turning for the better for him then he will remember she s too old for him...
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
This woman needs to move on.He does not deserve her. she needs to learn to love herself. If he is already treating her like this how will he treat her when they get married? he is never going to change. Can she live with that? but love can happen with the wrong person and you just have to always remember to love yourself more.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2012
@OP. Life is not a smooth road. Life is not what you decipher with the physical things you see around. I feel your pain & i share it. The road may seem bad now but it would surely become smooth. All you need now is to counsel your friend to be patient and put her trust in God. In life, everybody has his own challenges. That is your friend's challenge. Though the sorrow may last for the night but joy comes in the morning. I would say your friend should stick to that guy. Because he's down today doesn't mean he would be down forever. And when the guy find's his feet. He will be up till eternity. Look at all the great men we have today, their road wasn't smooth, it was rough and very rocky. But look at them today. Living life large. Adenuga,otedola,obasanjo,bill gates e.t.c they are too numerous. Just ask her to grab the biographies of this people or you can get it for her to read. It will comfort her a bit.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Sweetlemon(f): 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
I don't know but something tells me that all those "prophecies" were planned out by the boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2012
@ sweetlemon, d guy didn't know any of d pastors but she did. And d stranger was even in another state. I agree with d previous posts as I do not completely believe in pastors prophecies especially when it has to do with right husband/wife. I believe everyone shud be able to seek Gods guidiance & direction on his or her own. Thanks u guys for all your responses, keep em coming.... Would like to see more. :-)
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Samxiulee: 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2012
I think she should move on,poor guys are always nice when they don't have money,they pretend to be nice,once they have money it's either they stick with cos they think that they owe you, basing the relationship on self pity and debt etc.when the money comes thats when you see the real character.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Sweetlemon(f): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
xxhoney: @ sweetlemon, d guy didn't know any of d pastors but she did. And d stranger was even in another state. I agree with d previous posts as I do not completely believe in pastors prophecies especially when it has to do with right husband/wife. I believe everyone shud be able to seek Gods guidiance & direction on his or her own. Thanks u guys for all your responses, keep em coming.... Would like to see more. :-)
You sound naïve. Like seriously! What makes you think the guy did not ask someone he knows in that state to prophesy to her since he knew she would be going there? What makes you so sure he doesn't know the pastors? Because he told her doesn't know them? My dear, there are many fake pastors in Nigeria! I'm not completely ruling the boyfriend out but I take God beg her, make she shine eye. Abeg! Let her not be carried away with any tear he sheds for her. Like I said in another thread, broke guys are very 'loving' in nature they cling to you and do stuffs to make you feel they really love you. But the gospel truth is that they are just using it to cover up their in securities. This guy is already insecure as a man because he doesn't have money. If your friend leaves him, it will be the final blow to his ego, hence the tears when she tries to leave. Like I said, I'm not ruling him out but if she knows in her heart that what she feels for him is just pity and not true love, and if she happens to meet someone else who happens to show her love and if she loves him too, then let her not waste a second more with her current bf. But then again, the more time she spends with him, the more likely he is to cling to her and even threaten murder or suicide if she leaves him. Just think about it and let God help.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by 190: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
wow for a nigerian woman - Im impressed embarassed embarassed
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
- unless she was forced into doing all what she did, then i see no problem here. when men are doing the same thing, nobody sees anything wrong in the act, so why should this be any different?
- why do you think people should raise their voices or insult their partner? is it because she has money that you think she has the right to do such low life act? people who have ABSOLUTELY no class do such thing, at least she is showing some maturity.
- how do you know that the reason he loves her is simply because of her kind heart?
- people should take ALL of their pastors prophecies, or none......but taking only the ones that suits you is definitely WRONG!
- thinking that happy people dont go through pain/suffering is also a sure way to fail in life.
- the fact that you want them to marry when they have nothing SECURE in place, shows us all YOUR level of desperation/irresponsible nature.
- nothing this guy does is good for you, yet they have been together for 4yrs. when are you going to realize that your views do NOT matter, and that you probably should accept their r/ship?.

we can all understand from your post that you would rather marry her off quickly (out of desperation) to any strangers out there........but maybe you should LISTEN to your friend, and be there for her. not everyone out there want to marry donkeys, just out of desperation for marriage.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kilimanjaro(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
Dyt: the only problem i have with him is his strict nature

clears throat

well
since ur pastors has said he is d ryt man, wait wit him till u r 45
it is well wit u both
Being strict is way better than womanising. It only shows the guy has policy!
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kilimanjaro(m): 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
Sam xiu lee: I think she should move on,poor guys are always nice when they don't have money,they pretend to be nice,once they have money it's either they stick with cos they think that they owe you, basing the relationship on self pity and debt etc.when the money comes thats when you see the real character.
Not all poor guys! Some are very appreciative. One of the reasons i like Dele Momodu.
Btw, are u related to Bruce lee or Jet li?
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2012
the guy is lucky o! i have never really dated any girl that gives me money, or do they think i am Bill gates? He is quite a lucky man and he enjoys free punny too.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 24, 2012
@ sweetlemon errr... I never mentioned dat he knew she would be going there undecided keep d post coming guys I appreciate ur responses whether nasty or informative I still appretiate
grin
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by agiboma(f): 1:52am On Apr 24, 2012
IMO this is a no brainer she needs to move on with her life marry the lawyer, forget this boy let him put himself together.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Onegai(f): 5:33am On Apr 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY: - unless she was forced into doing all what she did, then i see no problem here. when men are doing the same thing, nobody sees anything wrong in the act, so why should this be any different?
- why do you think people should raise their voices or insult their partner? is it because she has money that you think she has the right to do such low life act? people who have ABSOLUTELY no class do such thing, at least she is showing some maturity.
- how do you know that the reason he loves her is simply because of her kind heart?
- people should take ALL of their pastors prophecies, or none......but taking only the ones that suits you is definitely WRONG!
- thinking that happy people dont go through pain/suffering is also a sure way to fail in life.
- the fact that you want them to marry when they have nothing SECURE in place, shows us all YOUR level of desperation/irresponsible nature.
- nothing this guy does is good for you, yet they have been together for 4yrs. when are you going to realize that your views do NOT matter, and that you probably should accept their r/ship?.

we can all understand from your post that you would rather marry her off quickly (out of desperation) to any strangers out there........but maybe you should LISTEN to your friend, and be there for her. not everyone out there want to marry donkeys, just out of desperation for marriage.

No-one is saying bounce him because he's broke. He's treating her badly now and we've seen cases like this where the man doesn't change for better, and it gets worse, money or no money. So she should be careful. Some people are negative, no matter their condition. You can't pls them. because this man is insecure abt the money, he'll start seeing bad things she's doing in every statement she makes, when it's not true. because you're the sweetest, most loving person doesn't still mean you are right for some people as spouse.
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2012
@ OP:
You are a F-O-O-L!
A woman does not spend money on a man that is not her husband!
If ur so called boyfriend hits small money, he'd forget u so quickly.
And who are these so called prophets telling u that the godforsaken man is your husband? Will they live with you in the marriage?
Rubbish!
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kpolli(m): 9:35am On Apr 24, 2012
Onegai: Human beings! I don't know why we exist. This is a sad case of right woman, wrong man. I had the same problem, my salary was even smaller than my ex's, but I was more generous and invested in his future. He would hala over lack of anything, and kept worrying I would blame him if the rel ended. Then he pulled away and when I tried to remove him off my bb or I don't reply his msg, he loses his shi.t. When I try to fix things, he doesn't want to talk.
This man is taking advantage of a good woman. And he's not calling her. Let her stop, don't beg. Pray. Ask God for help. Pastors are not infallible, so they could have misunderstood God's intentions to her. She's proved herself, and it's still not enough for him. Some people cannot accept love when it comes because they're used to rubbish. So let him find her. She's been his blessing, and let her remember, Jacob wrestled an angel for his blessing. I've seen good women end up marrying fellows like this and the man cheats, because he has from Day 1 never been able to appreciate his blessing.[i][/i][size=18pt][/size] Yes, they will cry when you want to leave, the lady I know in this situation, her hubby calls her mum when she wants to leave after 13 years of marriage. But he doesn't want to stop cheating. Let her be careful.

Females should remember this
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by Okijajuju1(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2012
Uwa wu paw-paw men!!!! YAWWW!

Whats all this nonsense!!?

So what if the boy is strict?

So what if the girl is the one paying his bills and earning the bread?!

So what if he has been dating her for four years?!

Did anybody here miss the part that he is a nice faithful guy?!

SO he made a few bad investments and lost her money. . is that grounds for a break-up?!

@O.P: The truth is that with relationships, getting advice from third parties can be tricky especially as the facts can never be 100% straight and is always one-sided (except this is couples counselling). Heres my advice (if you are the person in question), Take a trip for like two weeks, nice relaxing place. . (Obudu is nice), calm down, clear your head, mind and all and think indepthly about your relationship. Weigh the pros and cons, think of the good, the bad and the ugly. . . Put everything out there and CRITICALLY think about it. . DO you love this man enough to carry him until he finds his feet?! Does he give up the vibe that he would flip when money comes and starts acting a fool?! Is he appreciative of the things you are doing for him?! Can you keep doing this for another 5 years?! Do you see yourself spending a lifetime with this man without regrets?! What exactly are you doing dating this man?! ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?!

These are questions only you can answer. . . I would share my story but this isnt about me but about you(your friend). . You dont wanna make a decision in a hurry that you would later regret. . .

LOVE conquers all. . . except money. lol

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by seedord247(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2012
190: wow for a nigerian woman - Im impressed embarassed embarassed

how you tey know say naija woman . . she may be Togolese or Ghanian living nigeria. grin
Re: Help!!! My Friend Has Gone Bankrupt For A Guy by kilimanjaro(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2012
madambini: @ OP:
You are a F-O-O-L!
A woman does not spend money on a man that is not her husband!
If ur so called boyfriend hits small money, he'd forget u so quickly.
And who are these so called prophets telling u that the godforsaken man is your husband? Will they live with you in the marriage?
Rubbish!
You sound crazy to me! Are u crazy? How could u say is only fool that spend on a man!
Bloody gold-digger!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Ladies Like Hairy Guys? / . / Have U Eva Had A Crush On Someone Older Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.