Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (48650 Views)

D'banj Finally Speaks On Olamide Stealing His Musical Ideas / D'banj Finally Speaks On The Report That Amber Rose Walked Out Of His Party / Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
iykay4455: [size=28pt]It's only in Nigeria that we celebrate a mediocre like dbanj.I can't wait to see him dumped by Kanye West.[/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by sweetcocoa(f): 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
olawahle: i just wish you best of look.am proud of you d'banj the koko master you will survi inshalahi
You wish him the best of"look"? Hmm that must be something grin.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
sweetcocoa: Nna eh na wa o,please what's the biggy in attaching "don" to the name "jazzy"? For all we know "jazzy" could be what dbanj calls him as per brothers level.

I hardly call him don jazzy sef,"jazzy" sounds much easier. People sha,una can sabi find faults in what another person does,may God help us.

Let them hit their heads against the wall.Dbanj is getting blessed,all fu'cking haters should keep stressing ! Singing mobolowon by Oskiibanj himself ! cheesy grin
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by probably: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2012
Good luck Dbanj, good luck Don jazzy. The world is big enuf for u 2. Just go sing and make money.

Ps: bluetooth chill small u are really making me laf wit ur strokes. Ahhhhhh
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2012
Singing Damiduro chorus by Davido :

E ma dami duro,Emi omo baba nawo.
A ni won fe damiduro,e wo won fe ba mi na owo.

grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by vanstanzy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
The Story was too long. Anyways i wish D'banj and Don Jazzy the best of luck. Dont mind haters that want to ruin your names with fake "illuminati" fabble.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by cynthiafred67(f): 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
Abegi Enough of all this don jazzy and dbanj shit joor. undecided undecided
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
vanstanzy: The Story was too long. Anyways i wish D'banj and Don Jazzy the best of luck. Dont mind haters that want to ruin your names with fake "illuminati" fabble.

illuminati is bullsh'it and conspiracy theory ! cheesy that cant even stop my homie nor stop his enemy from buying his cds. grin
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2012
Dbanj again? na so the break up pain nam reach tongue grin

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 24, 2012

Wtf
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by 9jafreak: 12:12am On Apr 24, 2012
[size=20pt]RESPECT

DBANJ!@@@
[/size]

Some people are too far ahead and the Public can only play catch-up. 5-10 years from now, they'll understand!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ifihearam: 12:17am On Apr 24, 2012
Mcheeeeew
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by playboy19(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2012
fubbyy: I took my time and read thE long story,its true that D'banj is arrogant and so concious of his success but there are truths in what he's saying, my advice to jazzy is to move on,as a good producer who has achieved fame,he can keep his ears on the street just like dre and pick some talented artists and nuture them to something,he's even at a bigger advantage than D'banj because kanye will kick him when he realise his mistakes

@Bolded, did you even read the interview atall? Kanye, kick him out? Are you serious? What they have now is a Joint-Venture (if you don't what that means, then look it up on google), and it'll always be a win-win partnership for either side. And if i take my time to break down the whole possible scenarios of the whole contract to you, then you'd see that Don Jazzy is freaking loosing out for God sake (Hey, remember who brought Guinness Stout, Indomie, Nestle, B.A.T ...et al to Nigeria?). If you don't believe me, read about Jimmy Irvin and Inter-scope Record.

fubbyy: The problem I have with people is this their hasty conclusion,that D'banj said don jazzy was scared,how do we know its true? You people have started slandering don jazzy already,tomorrow if don jazzy said his own all of you will change,all I know is that anybody can say anything,the truth I found in D'banj's statement is that the guy has a big dream for real not running don jazzy down,the guy is still arogant for all I know,mentionig cars he has bought is out of point and so egoish,itS funny he now calls jazzy not don jazzy anymore

Have you have ever bought a N1m car FOR YOURSELF before? I can authoritatively answer NO on your behalf. Cos you if you have, you would know the feelings that comes with spending a whole million naira buying a car for yourself. That being said, let's talk about how many cars he said he bought (majority of which are for his label boys and some ingrate car-crashing idiiots). I can tell you all those cars he claimed he bought (if true) would have set him back with nothing less than a 150 million naira (that's a lot, you'd agree). That includes the 2 Bentleys, the Aston and the 6 Ranges.

Now here is my question to you young man, if you are ever given the chance in life to be in his shoes, spending that much on cars (most of which are not being driven by you), how would you honestly feel/act?

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 12:20am On Apr 24, 2012
adconline: ‘I’m a businessman.’ I learnt from my mom, who’s a very successful businesswoman. So having run and funded Mohits for nine years, I knew we had to move to the next level. And everything we wanted was happening. Finally we could take African music to the world.

[size=18pt]How could you found and run Mohits for 9 years when you had earlier said that you were the VP of Mohits? Even by your 50:50 admission, would it not be fair to say that you " co-founded and and co-ran Mohits for nine years"? Why taking 100% credit?[/size]

‘You can see he has signed already’, he said, showing the agreement with Don Jazzy’s signature. ‘I have full rights to my catalogue and full ownership of my Koko Holdings, while he has full ownership of Mo’Hits, including the artistes and liabilities.

[size=18pt]What happened to their 50:50 ownership when sharing Mohits's assets and liabilities? It's either Dbanj is not telling the truth or his lawyers and advisers allowed him to be cheated by Don Jazzy. He did not get anything from Mohits even though he was a co-founder?[/size] grin grin

Why did you tell Ebony you own Mohits?

My mom advised me not to speak. And the interviewer took it out of context. I co-owned Mohits. We registered the business in 2004, and we owned it 50:50. So I spoke about that, but the interviewer took it wrong and the fans put pressure on them and they corrected it.

The story keeps changing. It seems someone is always speaking before thinking. How about this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUa6n1B9CFY&feature=related.

this story does not really add up, anybody that believes this Ayeni crap can also believe that Osama bin laden died a born again Christian. BTW is Ayeni Dbanj’s new publicist?

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by love4ual: 12:24am On Apr 24, 2012
9jadelta................bandlejay.....i hear u guys...

honestly i knew how bad i felt here in the states seeing how this americans and europeans view africa.........they will never want to give africans a chance till thy kingdom come if we just sit by........i had to show quality nigerian movies to about 120 students to let them know that we should not be seen as dumbs.....i had to go as far as becoming the best student of my department to prove a point........

HAVE YOU ASKED URSELF WHY ASA'S CONCERT IN THE STATES WAS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT...(LESS THAN 70 PEOPLE IN THE HALL)......NNEKA'S PROMOTIONAL TOUR WAS JUST CRAP.....(LESS THAN 30 PEOPLE IN THE HALL...(EXCEPT ON LETHERMAN SHOW,.....U CAN GOOGLE ALL OF THAT).........THEY MAY HAVE HAD SOME CROWD IN EUROPE BUT HAS NEVER BEEN ACCEPTED IN THE STATES........

FAZE, FLAVOUR, EGWEIPAPA 1 OF BAYELSA, 2FACE, ALL HAD LESS THAN 150 PEOPLE IN THEIR TOURS HERE IN TEXAS AND THE REST OF THE STATES.....MAINLY NIGERIANS ANYWAY.............

SO FAR ONLY P-SQUARE HAS HAD A SUCCESSFUL TOUR IN THE STATES......WITH A SOLD OUT CROWD OF ABOUT 5,000 IN EACH OF THE 5 CITIES THEY PERFORMED.........MAINLY IN CITIES WHERE THEY HAVE MANY AFRICANS.....P-SQUARE SUCCEEDED COS AFRICANS AND NOT JUST NIGERIANS LOVE THEM......AND THEY HAVE SOLIDIFIED THEIR AFRICAN FAN BASE OVER THE YRS........

D'BANJ CONCERT IN NEW YORK HAD JUST ABOUT 300 PEOPLE IN THE HALL....

ODINARILY GUYS WOULD IT BE EASY TO CONTROL A HUGE STAR LIKE D;BANJ...BUT HOWEVER.....WHOEVER IS AT FAULT DO NOT MATTER.............

MY WORD FOR EVERY AFRICAN YOUTH WHO IS FEELING THE PAIN OF OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS TO DREAM AS BIG AS YOU CAN...........AGAIN WATCH D;BANJ ON BET LAST YR AND MTV...................HE WANTS TO CHANGE THE GAME.........AND WITH KANYE THIS IS POSSIBLE.............B4 KANYE WILL DUMP HIM, HE WOULD HAVE ACHIEVED HIS DREAM FOR AFRICA......................

I KNOW THAT MANY OF YOU GUYS MAY NOT BELIEVE THIS,..........NIJA MUSIC SOUNDS BETTER THAN WHAT THIS AMERICAN ARTISTS COME UP WITH THIS DAYS..........

AFRICA NEEDS THIS WORLD STAGE OPPORTUNITY.......IF DEF JAM COMES TO AFRICA.......NIJA ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY WOULD EXPLODE LIKE A BOMB...

D'BANJ----GOOD MUSIC
WIZ KID-----KONVICT

WHO KNOWS WHO IS NEXT...........
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by ekwynwa: 12:33am On Apr 24, 2012
love4ual: 9jadelta................bandlejay.....i hear u guys...

honestly i knew how bad i felt here in the states seeing how this americans and europeans view africa.........they will never want to give africans a chance till thy kingdom come if we just sit by........i had to show quality nigerian movies to about 120 students to let them know that we should not be seen as dumbs.....i had to go as far as becoming the best student of my department to prove a point........

HAVE YOU ASKED URSELF WHY ASA'S CONCERT IN THE STATES WAS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT...(LESS THAN 70 PEOPLE IN THE HALL)......NNEKA'S PROMOTIONAL TOUR WAS JUST CRAP.....(LESS THAN 30 PEOPLE IN THE HALL...(EXCEPT ON LETHERMAN SHOW,.....U CAN GOOGLE ALL OF THAT).........THEY MAY HAVE HAD SOME CROWD IN EUROPE BUT HAS NEVER BEEN ACCEPTED IN THE STATES........

FAZE, FLAVOUR, EGWEIPAPA 1 OF BAYELSA, 2FACE, ALL HAD LESS THAN 150 PEOPLE IN THEIR TOURS HERE IN TEXAS AND THE REST OF THE STATES.....MAINLY NIGERIANS ANYWAY.............

[size=28pt]SO FAR ONLY P-SQUARE HAS HAD A SUCCESSFUL TOUR IN THE STATES......WITH A SOLD OUT CROWD OF ABOUT 5,000 IN EACH OF THE 5 CITIES THEY PERFORMED.........MAINLY IN CITIES WHERE THEY HAVE MANY AFRICANS.....P-SQUARE SUCCEEDED COS AFRICANS AND NOT JUST NIGERIANS LOVE THEM......AND THEY HAVE SOLIDIFIED THEIR AFRICAN FAN BASE OVER THE YRS.[/size]....... cool

[size=18pt]D'BANJ CONCERT IN NEW YORK HAD JUST ABOUT 300 PEOPLE IN THE HALL....[/size] tongue

ODINARILY GUYS WOULD IT BE EASY TO CONTROL A HUGE STAR LIKE D;BANJ...BUT HOWEVER.....WHOEVER IS AT FAULT DO NOT MATTER.............

MY WORD FOR EVERY AFRICAN YOUTH WHO IS FEELING THE PAIN OF OUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS TO DREAM AS BIG AS YOU CAN...........AGAIN WATCH D;BANJ ON BET LAST YR AND MTV...................HE WANTS TO CHANGE THE GAME.........AND WITH KANYE THIS IS POSSIBLE.............B4 KANYE WILL DUMP HIM, HE WOULD HAVE ACHIEVED HIS DREAM FOR AFRICA......................

I KNOW THAT MANY OF YOU GUYS MAY NOT BELIEVE THIS,..........NIJA MUSIC SOUNDS BETTER THAN WHAT THIS AMERICAN ARTISTS COME UP WITH THIS DAYS..........

AFRICA NEEDS THIS WORLD STAGE OPPORTUNITY.......IF DEF JAM COMES TO AFRICA.......NIJA ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY WOULD EXPLODE LIKE A BOMB...

D'BANJ----GOOD MUSIC
WIZ KID-----KONVICT

what a shame angry

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by flashit(f): 12:40am On Apr 24, 2012
I just watched the video tongolo by dbanj d don jazzy on youtube and its so painful to see . Why don't friends stay forever? Both of em made magic and revamped the Nigeria hip hop music industry. I wish em the best but truth be told they both bring out the best in one another sad
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by playboy19(m): 12:46am On Apr 24, 2012
love4ual:

D'BANJ----GOOD MUSIC
WIZ KID-----KONVICT

I totally agree with you. First, let me start by saying Kanye will not drop him anytime soon, as this more about a mutually beneficent arrangement between them (I introduce you to America, we make money. You introduce us to Africa, we make money). And there is one important word that keep popping up all over the article which we all over-looked "Business-Man". As a business-man myself, i can tell you D'Banj is not even thinking about his music career with this move, he is more about the money. This is a long-term investment. I for one, see this move as the famous Puff-Daddy/Bad Boy move. You can liking the whole story to Diddy's. Nobody on this planet has ever accused Diddy of being a talented rapper but hey, he's the richest man in hip hop now. He was just a lousy music promoter, now he is music/business mogul.

D'Banj paid his way into GOOD MUSIC, now has the ears of Universal/DefJam. Now the later is planning a move into african market (Good news for african artists), i can tell you that if D'Banj has a good team, he could end up being the Inter-Scope of Nigeria, atleast. And with that, he'd make loads of cash for the rest of his life and beyond. Don Jazzy needs to let go of all egos now and jump on the train. Even if shiit dont work out, it still worth trying. That's what i'd do if i were him (Jazzy).
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 24, 2012
So many asssholes and bootlickers here. . . .now i've got to blaze. tongue tongue Like dr dre said ''All you niggas that said that I turned pop or the firm pop. . .
Y'all are the reason Dre aint been getting no sleep. . .
So fok y'all all of y'all,if y'all dont like me blow me. . .
Y'all are gonna keep fu'cking around with me and turn me back to the old me. . . .
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a buncha gibberish and muthafockas act like they forgot about dre

This is for all d'banj haters ! tongue
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Donmeca(m): 1:03am On Apr 24, 2012
Still looking 4 where Dbanj accused Don Jazzy of betrayal...cant find it yet...guess d writer got d inspiration for d topic while watching London Bridge:/.

Again, Dbanj said dat Jazzy had already bn cheated by JJC...a fellow broda. Jazzy den pitched tents with a broda frm d same 419 squad of JJC....den after 9yrs, dat broda den feels dat d world was waitin n calling....wanted instant expansion 4 "d love of mother Africa"...and fell into d hands of master swindlers...who cud rob them of both dia hard earned reputaions and mayb dia salvation. Jazzy to me, is only bn cautious....u wudnt wanna be eaten 2wice....not wen u know u r doing so well. Once bitten 2wice shy, IMO.

They truly worked 4 each oda but there is nutin wrong with Jazzy choosin to b d poor village chief yle Dbanj becomes d rich yankee houseboy....it's dia choices to make.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by olainfinity(m): 1:13am On Apr 24, 2012
K0ala7: People should actually take time time to read the piece as it gives a much more different view of D'banj than the one we know in the media. I honestly don't know who's side to take (neither do I have any business doing so), but it is kind of an eye opener on how Don Jazzy who is a twitter addict is playing his cards to his advantage.
i really like ur post.for dbanj,u are d bomb,jst b a pathfinder for d upcoming artiste and God shall b by ur syd.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Princesaha: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2012
God will surely c u 2ru ma man. As 4 haters they can jump into Agulu lake. Who cares?
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by olainfinity(m): 1:21am On Apr 24, 2012
Ejiné:

The big deal is that every single Mo'Hits member sucks balls, except Wande Coal! You know it's true grin cool
y excluding wande cole,and ao sure are u?yeye
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Geminilove(f): 1:34am On Apr 24, 2012
I have read the article and in the words of Nelson Mandela "It always seems impossible until its done". I wish Don Jazzy and D'banju all best and hope they reunite. I personally don't believe Don Jazzy was scared maybe he did not think it was good time forthem to
make the move and with the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by olainfinity(m): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2012
Ejiné:

The only part D'Banj 'rocks' is in his stage performance. Outside that, the guy has ZERO game!
Poor lyrics? E dey
Terrible voice nko? E dey

Can you even compare any of those shittty arse "my sweet potato, my sugar banana" songs by D'Banj to the common "Ololufe" by Wande Coal?

Abeg, let's not even go there.
y are u so sentimental,i can see u are talking with full of hatred from ur mind.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by yemiprof(m): 1:36am On Apr 24, 2012
What a̶̲̥̅ long interview. Well į̸̸̨ tink dbanj is making a̶̲̥̅ point. Really do not want ds guys to break up bt what will b will surely be.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by olainfinity(m): 1:43am On Apr 24, 2012
he is even a year older dan him,and he treated him with alot of respect,so what else again abi he want to turn him self to God ni. ;Dhe is even a year older dan him,and he treated him with alot of respect,so what else again abi he want to turn him self to God ni.
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by kelvinuche(m): 1:49am On Apr 24, 2012
nice move bro
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by darebabs2010: 2:08am On Apr 24, 2012
Kunkun! I red this interview and have also seen other story concerning this story. But if u did not take your time in reading this story, you ll just come here and say rubbish and leave so as to know that you wrote something here.
Debang hasn't say any thing since the beginning of the issue but yet knowing fully well that there are two side to a coin, we did not wait but rather throwing stone at d'bang to me, thats not fair. However, reading the interview carefully you ll know that D'bang is not been proud.
Did u ear him, he said he is a year older than Jazzy and on stage without any body telling us. We know how d guy use to do infront of Jazzy. Let say Debang was a lair, he is been proud, he's too arrogant call him any name u want to call him. Has any one investigate this matter to find the whole truth. You as the reporter, we the fan etc.
is it really true that Jazzy mother says those words?.
Is it true that Dee met Konye first?
Did they own the Mo hit 50:50
Did he bought cars?
Did D's mother really sponsor them?
Did Jazzy really manipulate the fan by twee ting those word or wandy was the one? ............................
I can go on and on. I think untill u and I investigate this matter no has the right to point any hinder finger at D'bang but if they are true, Don is to blame not D'bang . Haha!!!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by Impulse80(m): 2:19am On Apr 24, 2012
Dbanj wants to f**k america, is his d**k big enough? Grabing my popcorn!
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by darebabs2010: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2012
ekwy nwa:

You no read at all abi. The first time we they guy go talk una they yan dust. Enemy of progress

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal by jmaine: 2:44am On Apr 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Fvcking arrogant dude . . .All noise in the interview [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emeka Ossai Flaunts His New House (Photos) / Agbani Darego Slays At Indian Wedding [PICS] / Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates His Wife, Jumobi On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.