Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully (60601 Views)

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments / The Role Of Land Surveyors In Nigerian Real Estate / Fraudulent Land Sale, What Do I Do To Get My Money Back From The Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by ADDSGRP: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2012
the great lawyer.please help confirm the status of this land before i start to develop.attached is the survey plan.thank you

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Greatsteps: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
I think the Lawyer will do well to ignore this surveyor. As you can see, this man is a distraction. I am richly blessed by our moderators education.
I want to ask a question though. My question is:
A) A bought ten plots of land at Oke Agbo, Ikorodu. I need the Land as farmland but meanwhile I want it surveyed. Please what range of Surveyors fee should I prepare for?
B) Will the fees be cheaper if I request that the 10 plots be lumped together and not separated plot by plot? Please I will appreciate any education in this regard. grin
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Greatsteps: I think the Lawyer will do well to ignore this surveyor. As you can see, this man is a distraction. I am richly blessed by our moderators education.
I want to ask a question though. My question is:
A) A bought ten plots of land at Oke Agbo, Ikorodu. I need the Land as farmland but meanwhile I want it surveyed. Please what range of Surveyors fee should I prepare for?
B) Will the fees be cheaper if I request that the 10 plots be lumped together and not separated plot by plot? Please I will appreciate any education in this regard. grin

LOL. U r just too impossible. I am a distraction indeed. Thats why you are asking a lawyer what fees a Surveyor should charge. You are funny. oops - kindly ignore me o. Next time you need the services of an engineer - ask from a lawyer how much he should charge. LOL. Some people need to go back to primary school.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Greatsteps: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
l REALLY WILL NOT APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION FROM A first class surveyor graduate from UNILAG or any quack for that matter. Nigera will be a better place without some of these egocentric undecided undecided"qualified" quacks.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
Greatsteps: l REALLY WILL NOT APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION FROM A first class surveyor graduate from UNILAG or any quack for that matter. Nigera will be a better place without some of these egocentric undecided undecided"qualified" quacks.

LOL. We deal with better people than you. LOL. Get your Lawyer to survey your property from you. Egocentric ko - melodrama ni.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by honmusa(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello,
I need the service of a reliable register ed surveyor to survey a plot of land in ikorodu,agbede side.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
call me on 08025140064 HONMUSA.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by maryswags: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
werepeLeri: I am a Surveyor and I must tell you all you have written above is gibberish. Most of the atrocities you have tried to highlight above are actually carried out by fake lawyers who have turned from court room lawyers to charge and bail lawyers and land speculators. Most of your insinuations are false. - Example - using GPS to get coordinates, this is totally wrong, not allowed and untrue. If you say people should use GPS to get coordinates, then you are indirectly promoting fake practice.

You also mentioned about people having software to read coordinates from - while you are not totally right there, there is nothing wrong in accurately getting coordinates of plots or boundary points off satellite Imagery which I think is what you are referring to.

As per putting free from government acquisition stamps - please note that this is not mandatory on all surveys - do your research very well, and because a land is not free from government acquisition does not mean you are buying a fake property or that your surveyor is fake - please research into what happens to you when your property is under government acquisition.

A beacon is not a stone - please this is hilarious - you need more research. You dont produce the survey before the beacons and numbers are placed, it is the other way round. LOL

Back dating - there is a legal reason for back dating survey plans - dont make it seem like all back dated plans are rubbish. You too get mouth.

It is a shame that you speak so deceitfully about a profession that is one of the oldest in Nigeria - every profession has bad people - if I research into you properly, I am sure I will find out you are a rubbish lawyer as well.

We will also do an expose on lawyers - including the hungry, charge and bail lawyers, the ones who will ask for money before they hear your brief, the ones whose white collar shirts are as dirty as my butt, the ones who fake documents and many more.

You are a suspect!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by honmusa(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2012
Is it possible for more than a person to have in their possession original survey plan to the same land ?
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
maryswags:

You are a suspect!

MUMU
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by jidebobo: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
what is deed of assignment. We need a real definition of this question. Thanks
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by jidebobo: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
House pls help me out ooo. I bought a plot of land through a lawyer with a tipper of sand by May, 2012.I was surprise on getting to my Land I saw 3 shops built and even used the sand on it. Please what can I do?
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
jidebobo: House pls help me out ooo. I bought a plot of land through a lawyer with a tipper of sand by May, 2012.I was surprise on getting to my Land I saw 3 shops built and even used the sand on it. Please what can I do?

Hmmm. a tight-knot indeed, perhaps you should ask @werepeLeri he is the expert on these sort of things grin grin grin
but seriously, what is the genesis of this Land Purchase, What Agreements did you sign, are they valid. embarassed
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by werepeLeri: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Hmmm. a tight-knot indeed, perhaps you should ask @werepeLeri he is the expert on these sort of things grin grin grin
but seriously, what is the genesis of this Land Purchase, What Agreements did you sign, are they valid. embarassed

LOL. No - let him ask the lawyer - he is used to all these sort of things.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by kemola2: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2012
hi d law.thanks for your expose.really appreciate it.am about buying a land around ibeju-lekki.kindly send ur e-maila dd or number to me very urgent.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lawyer(m): 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
kemola2: hi d law.thanks for your expose.really appreciate it.am about buying a land around ibeju-lekki.kindly send ur e-maila dd or number to me very urgent.
Thanks Kemola2. I appreciate your kind words. My number is 08077943514 and email is nairalandlawyer@ yahoo.com

Cheers
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Venchy: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
Very very interesting Topic, very educating...Thanks the Law for all your effort and making the world a better place.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by ugoani(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
Please can someone give me the web address of Rivers state ministry of land and housing
i want to confirm a particular peace of land is duly registered
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by opecis: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2012
tanks 4 dis piece
lawyer: Quite a while peeps. Una don wahala me tire to write articles, so as a servant to the people I must heed that clarion call. wink

This article to me is the most important Land related Article I am writing to date and I really would love all of you interested in buying properties or those that have bought lands to take this article very seriously. It has to deal with SURVEY PLANS and why it is a very important document that can either make you bankrupt or successful in a land purchase.

I am exposing this because I have also been a victim of terrible and wicked surveyors who would go to any length to lie, cheat and produce fake Survey plans having problems hereby leading to so many land purchase wahalas.

In fact the number one land problem in Lagos today isn’t the famed Omoniles as we all choose to believe but dangerous and dodgy surveyors. Most of them parading themselves are Quacks and not registered Surveyors and they collude actively with omoniles and Land fraudsters to cause mayhem. They distort survey plans, forge signatures, steal (Free from Acquisition) Stamps, Fabricate square meters to make it look big but by the time they measure it its some hundred meters short, they fail to put the beacon numbers on the floor to reflect the points where the property starts and stops, they create fictious existing roads and generally destroy the plan of the whole community.

The greatest crime these surveyors do is to carry out fake coordinates and that to me kills the potential buyer. Naturally a surveyor should take coordinates of the area using their GPS machine and compare it with the master plan obtainable at the Surveyor general’s office, instead these Terrible surveyors bank on the ignorance of everyone, take fake coordinates and tell you it is free from acquisition and we accept it without asking questions. By the time buyers take it for their governor’s consent or Ratification, you will get a letter from Alausa querying it saying the property is not free from Government acquisition or that a land which is ordinarily should be located in Ogombo will be showing Ibeju Lekki on the master survey plan at Alausa.
The truth here too is that we the buyers also encourage these dodgy surveyors to do a lot of fraudulent things because we don’t pay their search money or do the proper thing like obtaining Land information to show the true status of the property.

I have been involved countless times on behalf of clients who are not ready to pay lets say N30,000 to a surveyor to do a proper search result and document it from their office. They will rather give the surveyor N3,000 for fuel and they expect the surveyor to give them a proper result for a property worth over N1Million Naira. Even me sef, Una de pay me well to do search? angry

( We Nairalanders sef get our own for bodi) undecided
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Dpontiff(m): 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
such a wonderful exposure,Lawyer pls a boght a land at Eputu and i have done the survey plans with these your information it is an original survey plan because it has all you indicated here,but the problem now is that it was initially sold to somone before me though the person didnt do the survey and deed of assignment before it was sold to me.i have done the survey plan and agreement but on getting olto the site to start work i saw a foundation of blocks ,that was when i learnt that the land was sold to one man but the transaction was onot done tru the family that owns the land ,rather of the isons in the family, Now the family resolved to give me another land at the back close to the initial one .MY QUESTION IS -CAN I STILL USE THE SAME SURVEY PLAN ? I WAS TOLD THAT THE NUMBER COULD BE CHANGED OR MUST I DO A NEW SURVEY? NOTE THE NEW LAND IS JUST 4POLES AWAY FROM THE INITIAL ONE. PLS ADVICE.
THANKS
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by chukstel(m): 1:00am On May 01, 2013
werepeLeri: LOL.

Not bragging at all. With a First Class degree from the University of Lagos in Surveying, I probably dont know what I am talking about. And if it pains you more that I said I have a First Class degree and sound in my profession - then, go jump in a lake, because I know some witches will leave the subject matter and dwell on that. All said, I dont know the lawyer - and he himself can not in any way say he knows absolutely everything about surveying and surveyors. My point is- he made some submissions which were too generalising about surveyors and surveying. Take it or leave it, thats my issue with the write up.

Anyone who wants any follow up can go to Alausa Ikeja- armed with the points and get correct briefs from government officials, can also contact private surveyors and get correct briefs from private surveyors on the points raised.

The issue remains - Surveyors do not sell lands - you call them in to come and work for you after you have decided to purchase your property - do not mix activities of omo oniles and fraudulent land speculators with the noble surveying profession.

You are a lawyer - please within the law - define for us who a Quack Surveyor is. This question is usually asked year one students of surveying in the University - so- please, for us to take you more seriously - Define who a quack surveyor is. LOL I bet you will say all un registered surveyors are quacks? LOL. Please also tell us which part of the Nigerian constitution deals with survey and surveying matters in Nigeria - send readers there if you know, because it addresses all the issues you attempted to talk about. If you know it.

Call me any name - land scammer - fool, eediot, lowlife, quack - Na you get your mouth. Those names goes back straight to you.

Point.

@ wei...
Please i expect you as a surveyor to contribute constructively to what the lawyer has said, maybe if there is error in any statement you should have corrected the information For us readers instead of word exchange.

Please can you educate us why the survey plan should be backdated? And where/Office someone should crossckeck survey plans if they are registered with dept that handles lands issues/registration. Please correct me.

And more contribution from you as a surveyor regards what to do to get a good/registered survey plan please.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by donchichi: 6:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Guys,

Please i have a question. When you pay for 2 or more adjoining plots and also pay for the same number of survey plans(i.e. 2 or more depending on the number of plots), Do the survey plans show each plot's individual dimensions/coordinates or would they show all show one plot as the sum of the individual plot dimensions?

Please let me know.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by donchichi: 6:10am On Jul 18, 2013
lawyer:

It depends on how you want the survey to split it for you. Some want it done individually so that they can live in one and resell the other while some want it co joined. It's the buyers choice at the end of the day

Thanks.

I've come accross a scenario where there were 3 plots and 3 survey plans but ALL 3 plans looked the same and the plots shown on them had the 3 plots joined together to resemble a single plot. Is this normal?

Please let me know.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by ny11: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hi Surveyors,

What's the procedure for registering a survey to a new buyer where the former has a consent? Do u need an instruction from the seller to the office of surveyor General for a change?, does the surveyor of the buyer need to liaise with the surveyor of the seller before a change can be made? Is it possible to have a land with two different titled surveys at the Surveyor General's Office? Where does Change of Name apply as against Governor's Consent (On Lagos State Government's Ministry of Lands website, there's reference to Change of Name but not much on when it's applicable.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by ny11: 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
Hi Surveyors,

What's the procedure for registering a survey to a new buyer where the former has a consent? Do u need an instruction from the seller to the office of surveyor General for a change?, does the surveyor of the buyer need to liaise with the surveyor of the seller before a change can be made? Is it possible to have a land with two different titled surveys at the Surveyor General's Office? Where does Change of Name apply as against Governor's Consent (On Lagos State Government's Ministry of Lands website, there's reference to Change of Name but not much on when it's applicable.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Injector: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Oluwa4Sure: grin I am very certain, my next property(Mega) will come through "Lawyer"
Man, you have giving me a lot of Confidence in you!!!!

Though OLUWA Remains The CHAMPION!!!!

Anyways, I remembered calling you like 10months back, about getting a Governor's Concert on a property,
you gave me one Bola or Biola number - lol!!!!
The lady was 1: VERY RUDE ON PHONE
And 2: She think say she don see MUGUN!!!!! 300k to 600k for processing a Governors concert, OMG
Anyways, I got it done for 80k!!!!! - thief no dey thief thief!!!! grin

I am telling you this in advance, so if I eventually call you, you must remember to give me a very good price or. . . . .

OLUWA CHAMPION!!!!!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by geomatics: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
ny11: Hi Surveyors,

This is simple. Having acquired the land from the former owner, the next step is to change the title of the survey plan. When you consult a REGISTERED SURVEYOR with the old survey plan, he goes to the land to make all necessary checks, COORDINATES, DIMENSIONS and AREA. Before this stage he had confirmed the originality of the old survey plan with the office of the surveyor general as advised by "Lawyer" above. When all these checks have been made, then a NEW survey plan(with NEW plan number) will be produced by the registered surveyor that will bear YOUR name. Most importantly, the new plan will have a footnote which states that "This Plan Supersedes Plan No:............(quoting the old survey plan number)". This new survey plan now becomes the only current legal document over that land. Now take this plan to your Lawyer who prepares the Power of Attorney with it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by geomatics: 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dpontiff: such a wonderful exposure,Lawyer pls a boght a land at Eputu and i have done the survey plans with these your information it is an original survey plan because it has all you indicated here,but the problem now is that it was initially sold to somone before me though the person didnt do the survey and deed of assignment before it was sold to me.i have done the survey plan and agreement but on getting olto the site to start work i saw a foundation of blocks ,that was when i learnt that the land was sold to one man but the transaction was onot done tru the family that owns the land ,rather of the isons in the family, Now the family resolved to give me another land at the back close to the initial one .MY QUESTION IS -CAN I STILL USE THE SAME SURVEY PLAN ? I WAS TOLD THAT THE NUMBER COULD BE CHANGED OR MUST I DO A NEW SURVEY? NOTE THE NEW LAND IS JUST 4POLES AWAY FROM THE INITIAL ONE. PLS ADVICE.
THANKS

@Dpontiff, It depends on what stage the survey plan is now. If you have not registered the land with Ministry of Lands, then there is hope not to do a new survey. Transmit this problem to your surveyor. He will formally write to the surveyor general who will give him a go ahead. Everything on the plan changes except your name and location (depends on proximity). Alterations on the beacon numbers depend on the outcome of the field surveys. Change of the plan number is absolutely at the discretion of the surveyor. But if the survey plan is awaiting C of O, my brother na another "party" you wan organise be dat. Just go back to your surveyor and be open to him. Don't go empty handed ooo!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Injector: 6:58am On Dec 29, 2013
I really don't know how To use this site, but can anyone tell me how to get/obtain a C of O, I guess u guys understand me, cuz lately I have been using money for something I don't know.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos / Future Architectural Designs (check it out what do u think nairalander ) / How I Pay My Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.