Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41098 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

What language do the other Ilaje people speak if some speak Yoruba?
A variant of Ijaw and a variant of old Bini.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
Beaf

grin grin grin grin Getting school by an Ilaje man... I told you Ilaje and Itsekiris are my Ijebu cousins... The Ijebus are coming to take our oil in Delta state and send you parasites back to where you came from. The aniomas and isokos can join their ibo brothers across river Niger - but Urhobos can stay with us.. All we need is the Awujaale's approval.

Eweso omo Ijebu gbogbo. grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

STFU!! Do ijaws even have a language, or a culture? All I see are Ijaw men in hats and walking stick. cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

I will never answer such a foolish question. I am not here to say my state is this your state is that. My case is ILAJE should be let alone, not the ILAJE in my state should be let alone. The Ilajes are native to 3 States in Nigeria namely:

1. Ondo
2. Ogun
3. Delta

I can be from any of the above. I really dont care. Leave Ilaje matter alone.

Sir, I really have not been butting into Ilaje matters. I am Itsekiri myself and I allow Ilajes to deal with Ilajes while I simply talk about Itsekiris. Anyway, have fun and welcome to Nairaland.

Beware, people will try their very best to make you lose your temper (as you can see from this thread)! grin grin grin . . . Good luck!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

Ijaw? Can you kindly point out ONE Ijaw word in their language?! I dey wait!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

STFU!! Do ijaws even have a language, or a culture? All I see are Ijaw men in hats and walking stick. cheesy

Here we go again! Must you, for the love of gawd, insult the Ijaws?? What in the world happened to mutual respect?!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
You are the crazy one as the poster actually described you early in his post. Andoni is a Kalabari town in Rivers state but majority speak Igbo, but this does not make them Igbos. I know you have not been to bauchi state but those who have or served there will tell you that there are some commun ities there that are not hausawa but do speak hausa. The two examples here typifies Ilaje.

Shut up, Kalabari in andoni don't speak Igbo, where did you get that from

The groups that speak Igbo in rivers can be Opobo and even at that, some are going back to their Ijaw language again. Don't start this dumb lies here. I am not as ignorant as some others here, I know Igbo history through and through and the more you talk about others the more I know Igbo mentality.

Kalabari DON'T SPEAK ANY FORM OR IGBO

What does dubu mean in Igbo because it is something in Kalabari and infact dubu means the same in yoruba

ebaa or baa mean in Igbo ? you care to answer Baa means tomorrow in both kalabari and yoruba

A yoruba man would say O di baa, which means "see you next time/tomorrow"

What does Iro mean in Igbo ? In kalabari it means false/lies same as yoruba

I can keep going on and on. stop lying to yourself here. Mumu
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

Please show some respect to the Ijaws as they have always respected the Yorubas.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

No sir Ijaws do have a language and a culture which I as a yorubaman am proud of. Infact we aworis share some similarity with Ijaws in terms of dressing etc even language
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
Please show some respect to the Ijaws as they have always respected the Yorubas.

LOL, Andre Uweh! Don't mind him. We have loads of characters on NL, I tell ya!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

STFU, Igboman

Speak kalabari here let us hear
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

LOL, Andre Uweh! Don't mind him. We have loads of characters on NL, I tell ya!

I knew, I was just joking with him till he falls for my trap. The dude is one funny man grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
jason123:

Sir, I really have not been butting into Ilaje matters. I am Itsekiri myself and I allow Ilajes to deal with Ilajes while I simply talk about Itsekiris. Anyway, have fun and welcome to Nairaland.

Beware, people will try their very best to make you lose your temper (as you can see from this thread)! grin grin grin . . . Good luck!

If at my age and my exposure I become enraged by the lies and inuendos of frivolous faceless individuals on a forum like this, then I would need to hit the school of mannerism again. Anyway, wo se oma Ishekiri. Se wo le fo Edekiri?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

Respect to the lousy Ijaws?? Hahahahahahahahahaha... Ijaws don't respect nobody apart from their fishes...

The question is do they have a culture - other than paddle canoe and get drunk?? I may add militancy to their culture. cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

STFU, Igboman

Speak kalabari here let us hear

He is Andre Uweh. Check his previous posts! The guy does not even try to change his typing style sad! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

Respect to the lousy Ijaws?? Hahahahahahahahahaha... Ijaws don't respect nobody apart from their fishes...

The question is do they have a culture - other than paddle canoe and get drunk?? I may add militancy to their culture. cheesy

Are you sure you are even yoruba yourself or another lousy Igboman using Yoruba ID ? if not respect yourself o angry
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:
If at my age and my exposure I become enraged by the lies and inuendos of frivolous faceless individuals on a forum like this, then I would need to hit the school of mannerism again. Anyway, wo se oma Ishekiri. Se wo le fo Edekiri?

Can you please tell us if Itsekiris are Ijebus or not??
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

The groups that speak Igbo in rivers can be Opobo and even at that, some are going back to their Ijaw language again. Don't start this dumb lies here. I am not as ignorant as some others here, I know Igbo history through and through and the more you talk about others the more I know Igbo mentality.

What does dubu mean in Igbo because it is something in Kalabari and infact dubu means the same in yoruba

ebaa or baa mean in Igbo ? you care to answer Baa means tomorrow in both kalabari and yoruba

You are a very useless man. I did not say Andonis are not Kalabaris but said that a very large proportion of Kalabaris in Andoni speak Igbo. I have been there. You should be chatting with the OP who insulted you at the beginning of the thread instead of attacking me. Beast of no gender.

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Lol, sir, I can't speak Edekiri but I understand a bit of Yoruba as I spent 6 yrs in Lagos (secondary school). Born and bred in the UK.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:
Are you sure you are even yoruba yourself or another lousy Igboman using Yoruba ID ? if not respect yourself o angry

I'm Ijebu tokan tokan... My dad is from Iperu remo, and my mum is from Odogbolu.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

Which word ? are are you just saying that out of stu.pidity ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

I knew, I was just joking with him till he falls for my trap. The dude is one funny man grin grin grin

I am glad you realized early! grin grin grin

[size=3pt]why wouldn't you? birds of a feather flock together cheesy wink[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Andoni people are not Igbos but Kalabaris. However, Igbo is widely spoken in Andoni but that does not make them Igbos. Same applies to Ilaje and some groups in the north who are not Hausawa but speak hausa.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by jason123: 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Okay sir. I am out for now. I'll advise you to get ready for Beaf and co! Good day sir and God bless!
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

I'm Ijebu tokan tokan... My dad is from Iperu remo, and my mum is from Odogbolu.

Then if you are yoruba, you learn to respect others as others have respected you. We do not insult others just for the sake of it. You should be able to know an Igboman from an Ijawman.

An igboman spit fire at anything yoruba, whether split, oil, etc he just want the downfall of the yoruba

An ijawman on the other hand is more reasonable and tries to make bonds rather than break it.

Go check Ijaw history, I have a lot as my friend from Opobo to balysea. I know them and their mentality.

They are live and let live people. It is the Nigerian government that made them the way they are today. They are no trouble makers unless of course during land expansionism
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

I see, so you are trying to insult my intelligence and integrity as an Ilaje man isnt it? Anyway, if you knew what you were talking about, you would not have written such a cataclismic blunder. Where have you seen Ilaje people speak Ijon? If whenever an Ilaje speaks Ijon, he speaks it as a second language. We have our own Dialect and there is a meaning to our name too. Dont blab about what you dont know. You are sure to find more Ijon speaking Ilaje than the other way round by the way.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
Andoni people are not Igbos but Kalabaris. However, Igbo is widely spoken in Andoni but that does not make them Igbos. Same applies to Ilaje and some groups in the north who are not Hausawa but speak hausa.

Abegi, go siddon

only minorities in bauchi are non-hausawa and that is the northeast and south of the state.

Being hausawa does not mean you are a muslim. you can be hausa and be Christian as well.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 12:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Then if you are yoruba, you learn to respect others as others have respected you. We do not insult others just for the sake of it. You should be able to know an Igboman from an Ijawman.

An igboman spit fire at anything yoruba, whether split, oil, etc he just want the downfall of the yoruba

An ijawman on the other hand is more reasonable and tries to make bonds rather than break it.

Go check Ijaw history, I have a lot as my friend from Opobo to balysea. I know them and their mentality.

They are live and let live people. It is the Nigerian government that made them the way they are today. They are no trouble makers unless of course during land expansionism[b][/b]

Hmmmmm... It's probably the Ibo blood in Asari Dokubo, that's making him act the way he acts, huh? shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

I see, so you are trying to insult my intelligence and integrity as an Ilaje man isnt it? Anyway, if you knew what you were talking about, you would not have written such a cataclismic blunder. Where have you seen Ilaje people speak Ijon? If whenever an Ilaje speaks Ijon, he speaks it as a second language. We have our own Dialect and there is a meaning to our name too. Dont blab about what you dont know. You are sure to find more Ijon speaking Ilaje than the other way round by the way.

Thank you jare,
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Ilaje44

[size=14pt]Are Itsekiris and Ilajes, Ijebus?[/size]
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

Hmmmmm... It's probably the Ibo blood in Asari Dokubo, that's making him act the way he acts, huh? shocked

Asari is 40% igbo and 60% ijaw according to him (go check his bio). Thus it explains his behaviour. Really I could careless about asari because he was almost killed by awori youths back in the days.

Asari really does not fight for Ijaws but himself. Of course he has many followers who would use propaganda to deceive gullible minds.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend: @Ilaje44

[size=14pt]Are Itsekiris and Ilajes, Ijebus?[/size]

Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu

Though they do possess some similarity of tongue. I would understand some Ijebu and some Ishekiri. Ijebu is however more mutually intelligible to me than Ishekiri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Why Terrorists Couldn’t Have Stolen N82m, $36,000 Cash From Kuje Prison / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / Throwback Photo Of Abdulmumin Jibrin & His Brother: "Babes Were Dying Over Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.