Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (41099 Views)

Why Is President Jonathan Overly Obsessed With His Fedora Hat (PICS) / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu

Though they do possess some similarity of tongue. I would understand some Ijebu and some Ishekiri. Ijebu is however more mutually intelligible to me than Ishekiri.

shikena.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by bittyend(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:
Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu
Though they do possess some similarity of tongue. I would understand some Ijebu and some Ishekiri. Ijebu is however more mutually intelligible to me than Ishekiri.

Interesting stuff! But can we classify Ishekiris as Yorubas?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu

Ilaje44:

Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu

Ilaje44:

Ishekiri are Ishekiri
Ilaje are Ilaje
Ijebu are Ijebu

The bold sums it up.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: [b][/b]
The bold sums it up.

I am not done with you yet

Tell us the Kalabari speaking Igbos ? Words etc that is Igbo
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
bittyend:

Interesting stuff! But can we classify Ishekiris as Yorubas?

That I would never say. You have to ask Ishekiri people. Just as I do not want any one who is not Ilaje to tell me who I am, I would never claim to be Spokesperson for the Ishekiri people. All I know is, I can understand Ishekiri to some degrees.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
if awori is awori

ilaje is ilaje

ijebu is ijebu

etc what does that tell you ? eh andre uweh aka cheta
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

I am not done with you yet

Tell us the Kalabari speaking Igbos ? Words etc that is Igbo
In Andonni, large percentage of them speak Igbo despite not being Igbo. In Bonny and Opobo, Igbo is also widely spoken yet it is not an Igbo territory. That is how Nigeria is. In Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa etc, some non Hausa communities out there speak Hausa yet not Hausa. Same applies to Ilaje where Yoruba is also spoken. I hope this will now settle in your over-sized cranium.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
these are the yorubas

1. Ahori
2. Akoko
3. Ana (also known as Ife in Togo)
4. Awori
5. Bunu
6. Egba
7. Egbado
8. Egun
9. Ekiti
10. Gbede
11. Ibarapa
12. Ibolo
13. Idasa
14. Ife
15. Ifonyin
16. Igbomina
17. Ijebu
18. Ijesa
19. Ikale
20. Ikiri
21. Ilaje
22. Itsekiri
23. Itsha
24. Jumu
25. Ketu
26. Mahin
27. Ondo
28. Oyo
29. Owe
30. Owo
31. Oworo
32. Popo
33. Sabe
34. Yagba

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
Add this to the list. Lome, Accra, bamako, Dakar, Uromi, Afuze, Bini, Igbanke, Agbor, Okpe, Abraka etc.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
In Andonni, large percentage of them speak Igbo despite not being Igbo. In Bonny and Opobo, Igbo is also widely spoken yet it is not an Igbo territory. That is how Nigeria is. In Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa etc, some non Hausa communities out there speak Hausa yet not Hausa. Same applies to Ilaje where Yoruba is also spoken. I hope this will now settle in your over-sized cranium.

[size=14pt]DUDE, IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE LANGUAGE [/size] history comes to play as well.

Have you heard of the yagba history ? Yes or no ? Bini people as well nko

Have you heard asokoro people history ? I can keep going on and on.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo: Add this to the list. Lome, Accra, bamako, Dakar, Uromi, Afuze, Bini, Igbanke, Agbor, Okpe, Abraka etc.

Apparently you are getting daf,ter by the day. It hurts you that your propaganda with ur ideeeiotic partner beaf has gone to the drain. it defects the purpose of calling yorubas parasites right ? LOL this is getting better by the day grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
BTW andre Uweh, how is your family na ? Hope they are ok ? smiley
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
Chai !!!! Ilaje yoruba fishing people of the Niger-delta shocked shocked shocked

Andre no die o http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Ilaje.html?id=YocuAQAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Apparently you are getting daf,ter by the day. It hurts you that your propaganda with ur ideeeiotic partner beaf has gone to the drain. it defects the purpose of calling yorubas parasites right ? LOL this is getting better by the day grin grin grin grin
I don't know why you have this imbecilic manner of always insulting posters who do not insult you. If you have to insult someone here, it should be the posterand the earliest posters not me. Must you continue to be the forum's clown?.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:

ALL Ilaje people born and bread in ILAJE Land (or water, since we are a riverine people) speak Ilaje! A language in the Yoruba dialectical continuum. There is not some, a bit, a few. We wholly speak Ilaje.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
I don't know why you have this imbecilic manner of always insulting posters who do not insult you. If you have to insult someone here, it should be the posterand the earliest posters not me. Must you continue to be the forum's clown?.
cry cry cry cry eh yah sorry eh cry
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: Chai !!!! Ilaje yoruba fishing people of the Niger-delta shocked shocked shocked

Andre no die o http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Ilaje.html?id=YocuAQAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y
Call me any Igbo name here, no problem, I will not insult you. But call me any non Igbo name like bluetooth etc, then you will see me draw my sword. Udele.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

ALL Ilaje people born and bread in ILAJE Land (or water, since we are a riverine people) speak Ilaje! A language in the Yoruba dialectical continuum. There is not some, a bit, a few. We wholly speak Ilaje.

Thank you jare Egbon mi. E gbadun oma-ilaje ka le o !!! Amin

Please tell help me tell the slowpoke
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by oturugo(m): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

No be so naa, wetin?.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
Call me any Igbo name here, no problem, I will not insult you. But call me any non Igbo name like bluetooth etc, then you will see me draw my sword. Udele.

Udele or not, both bluetooth, beaf, arole odua, nchara, odua solja and you are all birds of a feather. I categorise you all as the same. Go figure
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: these are the yorubas

1. Ahori
2. Akoko
3. Ana (also known as Ife in Togo)
4. Awori
5. Bunu
6. Egba
7. Egbado
8. Egun
9. Ekiti
10. Gbede
11. Ibarapa
12. Ibolo
13. Idasa
14. Ife
15. Ifonyin
16. Igbomina
17. Ijebu
18. Ijesa
19. Ikale
20. Ikiri
21. Ilaje
22. Itsekiri
23. Itsha
24. Jumu
25. Ketu
26. Mahin
27. Ondo
28. Oyo
29. Owe
30. Owo
31. Oworo
32. Popo
33. Sabe
34. Yagba

This is what I mentioned in the first post. Mahen or Mahin in the standard Yoruba is a town and a Kingdom in ILAJE land. Mahin people are Ilaje just like UGBO, AHERI etc.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
oturugo:
No be so naa, wetin?.

wetin what ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

This what I mentioned in the first post. Mahen or Mahin in the standard Yoruba is a town and a Kingdom in ILAJE land. Mahin people are Ilaje just like UGBO, AHERI etc.

same na ni egbon mi, Mahin, Ugbo, Aheri

Just trying to get all the towns out
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

same na ni egbon mi, Mahin, Ugbo, Aheri

Just trying to get all the towns out

Alhaji alaya yi yeye, kon ti gha o? E buru sha.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Alhaji alaya yi yeye, kon ti gha o? E buru sha.
grin grin grin grin

E mi mo na pe mo buru grin grin grin But egbon mi no be my fault. These people fit make person mad at times.

The poster Oturugo is the same as Ngohagaha1, also Andre Uweh aka Abadaba.

BTW Egbon, Awon Ilaje na wa le eko ? Abi ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem: grin grin grin grin

E mi mo na pe mo buru grin grin grin But egbon mi no be my fault. These people fit make person mad at times.

The poster Oturugo is the same as Ngohagaha1, also Andre Uweh aka Abadaba.

BTW Egbon, Awon Ilaje na wa le eko ? Abi ?

Alaigbedegrin! E buru ni Ilaje = Ko buru ni Yoruba.

English phone: Ay booroo.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Wily2wily: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
Other Yoruba Clan don't like to help Ilaje, they only want them because of oil.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

Alaigbede! E buru ni Ilaje = Ko buru ni Yoruba. grin

Sorry I don't understand Ilaje that was why grin grin grin thanks for the correction egbon. smiley
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Other Yoruba Clan don't like to help Ilaje, they only want them because of oil.

Same as awori, they want aworis because of lagos right ?
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Wily2wily: Other Yoruba Clan don't like to help Ilaje, they only want them because of oil.

If wily2wily is a woman, I would really like to lipsrsealed... Dont call me agbaiya o. I like how she comes in a little, pushes it, then hold her breath, then chip it in until it gets to a point of no return. It would be a threat nati gbe irun nino irun re bo ba je obinren o gha rin. Mo ma pe igogo aghan oma Ibo mi lala sodidi sodidi tongue.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by Ilaje44(m): 2:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
alj harem:

Sorry I don't understand Ilaje that was why grin grin grin thanks for the correction egbon. smiley

All the same, o badt gan grin. Okiki e ti kan kaakiri Kobo- ati Nairaland. Koda, awon ara "B. Poundland" gan mo e daadaa. Sha maa se ore re omo Nna Oluyole aka "Anderu Ibadan" jeje sha.
Re: Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? by aljharem(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ilaje44:

All the same, o badt gan grin. Okiki e ti kan kaakiri Kobo- ati Nairaland. Koda, awon ara "B. Poundland" gan mo e daadaa.

Mo'n gbadun yin egbon

E gba si be egbon cheesy grin Gbosssa !!!

"B" poundland ke, awon Baifran re grin grin grin Although mo like won sugbon, E kan kan mo la ti ma deal pelu won.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / Throwback Photo Of Abdulmumin Jibrin & His Brother: "Babes Were Dying Over Me" / Edo Modular Refinery In Pictures: A Product Of MOU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.