Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? (16213 Views)

Why Do Women Really Hate Football? / Won't You Hate Football If Lionel Messi Wins The Wopty Awards Again In Barca / Does Any Guy Hate Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Imani: ...Sorry dear....whatever...he is not alone....instead of cheering your own homegrown teams to be international leagues..you cheer European leagues...and they make money out of you......besides there are soo many other sports one can be a fan of...have a nice day! there are soo many other sports one can be a fan of...have a nice day!
Story its about the passion if u don't like it, exercise your power to tap the power button, after all its not like you're forced to watch the match \__(have a seat)
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by toboy: 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
tchaik:
Sounds so GAY! WTF
atually your the Gay here, bringing in something that do not in any way looks faggy! Go get a life for ur self

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by 9zeros(m): 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
Gaggi: Any man who hates football is gaaaaaay.
f*ck u. i hate football n if tink m gay, bring ur girl 2 ma crib...i'l bleep her till her nose bleeds.
2 every1 who tinks its odd 2 hate football, f*ck y'all.
i hope y'all makin football money too, otherwise y'all stu'pid as sh'it.
ma hobby is d**g dealin, dats how i made it. #street-rich!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Akshow: 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Fellywood: With the way Chelsea is shouting the house down just because for the VERY first time they defeated the great Barca with WACK football, who will not hate football? grin grin grin
mumu, chelsea az alwez bin defeatin barca. Tis nt d 1st tym
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by ideamaster(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
Op, u ar not alone.i wonder how they manage to cram all d names of d leagues, clubs and players.then,they now discuss it from mornin till evenin.its fun watchin this pple who actually av time for club or league football...
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Esinwaju: 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
Na who say ball no sweet? Did you guys watch tonights game? Football for lifeeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by coded777: 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
@TOPIC,
dont hate it but dont get addicted to it like a mad man.
Another annoyin thing is every tom dic k and harry wants to be a football fan even when they dont know shi.t about footballing.
my neigbor gave birth d other day and the 2days old baby halla Up chelsea, so pissin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nasri100(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
Sigh what a dumb topic....OP so people who hate basket ball and cricket are less of a man too? As somebody clearly said football is all about fun fun fun!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by bolargeez(m): 12:29am On Apr 26, 2012
Emphasis: @poster wow a lot of ladies are already tripping for u... How does that make u feel?
Its amazing how much u know about football, yet u claim to hate it. Football is a game, and people do make a career out of it, like any other game its entertaining, informative and educative. Its a social forum, affords u the avenue to get to meet people, etc. The importance/impact of football can not be over emphasized... People pay to be entertained, so i see no big deal in paying to watch matches @ viewing centre.
What exactly is ur area of interest? Nigerian movies? Gossiping? Anyway u claim to rather spend ur football time on productive/intellectual things, what have u really invented/created? Why is ur name not heard in politics/business? I know great achievers in life who are football lovers, yet there are equally excelling in their careers.
Did i hear u ask if u are alone? No u aren't alone, the ladies are all over ur side... And thats where u belong.

FOOTBALL fanatic or is it terrorist? Simply because I don't dig your game and you totally change my gender. Now you are calling me a girl, just because most ladies agreed with my sentiment. As you rightly asked, I am very successful in my field. I am versatile and dynamic, I am too intellectually endowed and busy to be using my precious time watching some games that add almost nothing to my being.

I am bold enough stating my opinion, at least I stand for something. What is your own worth? Are you bold enough to rock the boat? Careful my guy, bodi na stone, u fit sink.
www.zealetmultimedia.com

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 26, 2012
[quote author=BABE!]

I remember this dude. I see you've turned a new leaf. They've baptized you with holy water in the family section.

There's a rise in popularity. Ok. You can't compare that to NFL/NBA status, can you?. . . or even MLB. . .

Stop ten Americans on a street in NY today, and ask them to choose between Soccer or Football. 9 out of 10 will choose Football.

@BABE!,
I think I remember you too.
Love your sarcasm,but in future,I suggest you keep to things you know about...like clothes,shoes,cosmetics and other paraphernalia of the fashion section.
grin

grin
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:55am On Apr 26, 2012
For you to question your sexuality, I think you have real issues bros. Go see a shrink
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 26, 2012
u are not alone, i doubt if you hate football as much as i do...its so senseless and people are allowing it to control thier lives.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by mgolo(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

I hope I am not alone, blunt and candid opinions are welcomed.

Thank you for this observation.
I am sure you like football but the it is the fanatical attitude of Nigerians in the recent years when cable became cheaper that is alarming to say the least.
Seriously,I played in the 70's and I love it very much as a young student. And that was it.
Today,it has become an escapist affair from the real challenges of life in Nigeria,even if its for the duration of these matches.
It is irrespective of your status in life...rich or poor.
It is now an opium which must be replenished.
I simply enjoy watching,when I rarely choose to do so.
And the clubs we talk about are transitional since players come and go in a team.
So what the heck?
Maybe people like with a modest interest in these games and teams need our heads examined,maybe.
So many terrible things have happened because of this foreign wahala.
I enjoy it and I tell friends that if I must choose foreign,then I pick Hull City,down the table.
I have never seen them play o,o,o
And lastly the one that shocked me:
I was going to know the office of a friend near Emirate stadium,and I just felt...let me take picture of the exterior and I did. And I didnt think about it again.
In Lagos,my kids went through the cheap camera flicking through then suddenlyu they screamed...daddy! You mean you saw Emirate!!! I said yes.
They said...wao...thats arsenal stadium...I said really?
I wont forget the look on their faces...
Foreign stuff addiction....ummggh
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Zenanted(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2012
bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless. Why would I waste my two hours watching a game that would soon fizzle out of my memory like a scoop of ice cream. The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding. Aside the crowd mentality syndrome invoke by the game, the game has programmed the people's mind to accept it as a modern day gladiators spectacle.

The shout and war of colours are so maddening. Up Blues, Red for life, I wonder what happens to Green for life. We are so engrossed with foreign own sports we neglect our own local league. Many homes are in jeorpardy simply because the bread winner has turned viewing center to his second home. A guy in my area has turned to complete Chelsea Brand Ambassador. Whereever, he his ready to flunt his blue car, sneekers, jersey, bandana, muffler and his blue girlfriend.

I beg dont discuss with me the game of yesterday, I have a more potent dough of today to make.
FOOTBALL HATERS INC.

I hope I am not alone, blunt and candid opinions are welcomed.
A woman is better than u!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by antartica(m): 8:03am On Apr 26, 2012
Football is bu.llshit when are not a player. I am beginning to notice that it is another form of religion that is mentally entraping gullible africans that are genetically encoded to follow and be submissive. I cant understand why they are so crazy about european clubs that regard them as monkeys when they have their own clubs to develop and tap into financially like oyinbos. I have never seen any news of nigerian clubs on the front page of this forum. But the way news about european clubs are published here,it feels like an european forum.

Wise up muderfuckers,the game is way more than tapping football. The more u follow them,the more money they make and the more they u are monkeys.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by oomen(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2012
[quote author=kilimanjaro]
It's proven,a mad man would first accuse the sane man of being insane.Figure it out! You are the type that has never kicked a football once,just developed pseudo passion for it inorder to feel among at viewing centers.Real footballs fans that i know don't write about people like you just did.Find your real hobby, it's not difficult to do.It's an advice!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Pukkah: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2012
What I cannot stand in football fans in Nigeria is fanaticism. Pray, why would any sane person go to the extent of killing another or himself just because some club that does not even know him won or lost a match?

It's in the papers today. At least three persons have died in Lagos as a result of the Chelsea/Barca match! What nonsense is that? http://www.punchng.com/metro/one-killed-as-barca-chelsea-fans-clash-in-lagos-two-die-celebrating/
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by omosexy1: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2012
This is a sick post. I just don't get it. does the poster hate football as a sport or does he hate the idea of supporting foreign clubs? It is your choice to hate or love a sport. Why don't you channel your interest in loving what you love and talk about it rather than talk about what you hate. Now that makes you lesser of a man because you are spending time hating and talking about what you hate without any logical reason. Go and rest on your sick bed jor

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by femionasan(m): 8:54am On Apr 26, 2012
omosexy1: This is a sick post. I just don't get it. does the poster hate football as a sport or does he hate the idea of supporting foreign clubs? It is your choice to hate or love a sport. Why don't you channel your interest in loving what you love and talk about it rather than talk about what you hate. Now that makes you lesser of a man because you are spending time hating and talking about what you hate without any logical reason. Go and rest on your sick bed jor

Beautiful. GBAM! Case closed.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by Kahwayy(f): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2012
Football is so overrated + i have always associated it with hooligans so no,your not less of a man because you dnt like it
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by macen(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2012
OMG! i hate european football with a PASSIOM,why would i involve myself in a game that encourages thuggery,especially those chelsea fans that act like guerrillas at war.i would rather watch the WWE, monday night raw,friday night smackdown, raw supershow,afterburn,bottomline or any PPV. If i were to watch soccer at all,i would rather watch the super eagles(even though they are not worth it)
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by WhyAWhy(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2012
[size=13pt]What's the correlation between FOOTBALL and being More or Less a Man, Are you telling me that only Women walked the earth pre 1000BC?

Anyone that says LOVE of FOOTBALL = A Test for "MANHOOD" needs his brain thoroughly examined, I could bet your I.Q closes in on 15.

If football were not invented, what would you make out of defining your life? mschew.

I love most sports except football, I just lost interest over the years infact, I would most likely doze off while watching a major match.

I could spend hours watching a racing game (Formular One) but would not consider anyone that doesn't watch it less of a man. WHAT THE *F*U*C*K* is wrong with people?!!![/size]
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by femionasan(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2012
^^^^^ this is what is wrong with people.

bolargeez: Football is a crowd sport, and I believe crowd is senseless.

People who watch football and any other sport must be senseless in other words, tell me one sport that does not attract a crowd during its season.

The time is better spent doing something more intellectually rewarding.

Obviously our OP is not a sports lover because it is not intellectually stimulating. It is your choice not to love football or any other sport but please do not in any way look down on people that like or love it, it is their choice to watch. Oh and there are very many sane bars where you can watch a game with a decent crowd, You dont have to go to a viewing center
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2012
@op, for any unpalatable responses you get, na you go find trouble.

If you think there's nothing to be gained from watching football, you're wrong. I love Italian football, i'm a fan of Juventus, actually. Back then, I always wanted to read club news on the club's website but the website was completely in Italian, without an English version. Using google translate was too much of a bother. What did I do? I LEARNT the language! That's right, i learnt italian because of football and that has encouraged me to learn other languages. Currently on spanish. See at least one benefit? Watching matches on RAI Internazionale has enhanced my ability to speak italian because the commentary is in Italian. I'm grateful, football.
(Juve's website now has an English version now)
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by sandysprax(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2012
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by sandysprax(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2012
See what i mean.Nigerians have been made zombies by this rubbish they call "Fanatism".Channels news reports that 3 were killed in a Barca and Chelsea fans clash.Just imagine the level of obsession and stupidity.Read about it here. http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/26/three-die-as-barca-and-chelsea-fans-clash-in-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by tiny123: 10:22am On Apr 26, 2012
Vikin: OP, most ppl supporting you here are Ladies...so what does that tell you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lol, well he sure has alot of ladies supporting him,but i am a lady and i am a die hard fan of Barcelona and besides the question he asked if the fact he doesn't watch football makes him a less man, to me YOU ARE, Can't ever cope with a guy who doesn't watch football, its just an interesting game, the fact you don't like it doesn't mean you spit at those who do, this is a matter of choice ok? If any game is up you can put off your tv or tune it to some thing different and not crucify those who like it, you seem to be one of those boring guys we have out there... No offenses man just enjoy what you love to do ok ? THE GAME FOOTBALL IS FUN!!!
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by profyle: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2012
personally hate football myself ithink the game sucks.that u hate it doesnt make u less of a man.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:27am On Apr 26, 2012
that some silly ass people decided to attack each other is not football's fault. They're just expressing their innate stupidity and foolishness behind the mask of football fanaticism. Take away football and they'll find something else to fight and kill themselves over. Maybe basketball, tennis or even golf. How is it football's fault that some people are just plain silly? Like you don't know that many Nigerians are given to taking things to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by smudge2079(m): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2012
football is probably one of d best thing dat has eva happened 2 me. Poster u suck!. BORING DUDE. Infact guys like u are women wrappers.
Re: I Hate Football, Does That Makes Me Less Of A Man? by antartica(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2012
Sports like football,cricket. Christinity,fashion and language were used by the british to civilize the people they termed the prehistoric natives,i.e, africans and indians. And u guys are disappointing, u seems to have been taken in by oyinbo magic,forgetting that is about who initiates,creates and indoctrinates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Uk Pool Week 21 4/4 Live Draws / Mikel Obi Speaks On Cameroon Game And Nigeria’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.