Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (22012 Views)

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Ifloxy(f): 11:08am On Aug 08, 2012
Am in my third trimester,things r strange since its my 1st pregnancy n we got married dis year.I love being pampered but unfortunately my hubby loves being pampered more.he has been by my side though,but after reading some posts here.I wished he could do more.Anyway, i sent this link to him,n i just got d scolding of my life,n him reminding me how he has been by my side
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 02, 2013
tpia@:

i wonder how that tastes.

not even onions?
Funny enough it tastes good.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Bles(f): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
God bless u all 4 sharing ur experiences wit others. I have no regret reading dis thread.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 03, 2013
Analytical: Let me start to recall those days. . .

Wify got pregnant immediately after we got married (probably that very day, but definitely not more than 3 days after- that’s a story for another day!). Novice and inexperienced us; we didn’t even know. Two weeks after, she fell sick. We didn’t even suspect pregnancy, though all the signs were there- nausea, vomiting and all. She had fever and was dehydrated. We got to the clinic and was confirmed pregnant after test. Then started the journey that won me accolades and everlasting admiration of my wife.

Everything became strange. My new wife practically became different. The ever bubbling, hardworking gal I knew became so dull, moody, fuzzy and lazy! I knew this wasn’t my girl. The wonders of hormones! Attempts at preparing food in the kitchen became disastrous. She just couldn’t stand the smell of anything again. Worse still, they trigger off the vomiting.

Who would have thought going out together will be such a trying period? Well, so it became. The smell of car fragrance and fume became allergic. So the first thing she does as soon as she enters the car is to throw up inside the car. She became sad that she was giving me stress. I had to calm her down, that I am in love with her, vomits or not. So, cleaning up the car wasn’t a problem to me. In fact, I counted it all joy that I will soon become a father! I had to provide a special bowl in the car permanently to take care of that.

Because of this, I had to practically go with her whenever she wanted to go out. Thankfully, she was yet to start working then. We visited the clinic for antenatal together. We went to the market together. Do I talk of when the nausea came right there in the market? She tried to suppress it and with my hands massaging her back, urged her to do it right there, with all eyes gazed on this young couple, hubby rubbing wify’s back while she vomits! That was my moment to shine- my own version of Public Display of Affection.

Every morning I had to get up early to prepare food for her before I set for work, rush home during lunch time to check on her and clean-up. I took over the kitchen and became the official cook. And they are special foods- sometimes without salt! No onions, no frying at all. Most times no pepper, no stew, just okro! Very odd demands became the order of the day. After testing my skills in the kitchen, several times the food had to be rejected for upsetting her homones! Chicken and meat became prohibited for her. How I enjoyed those days. I ended up eating as much chicken as I could cool

The first trimester had just ended- two more to go. And this is just the first pregnancy. . .
aww: just feel like getting married already.thank God for men like you
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by albacete(m): 9:06am On Jun 03, 2013
[size=14pt]ANALYTICAL![/size]
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by nonyJ: 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Its been long.... Yes i guess he is, but i don't know if he is a member. he logs in as a gurst. He really showed me pepper, Althjough i did not have any pregnancy yearnings except i vomit and spit. Though i wanted him to listen to me when i talk but he says i talk too much, he tells me i am ugly when i am angry cos i had swollen lips and added more weight then. He didn't sacrifice anything for me. After everything and the 9mths journey i delivered safely but had tears cos of he didn't smooth en down there for me.Felt so angry and i told him my mind, he now said he is sorry that it was because it was his first experience
angry i
davidylan:

are you married to a nairalander?
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by isalegan2: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
chaircover: Roki please dont be scared. I was really pampered & if not that I have high risk pregnancies I wouldn't mind being pregnant every year wink

The way that man treated me during pregnancy has paid upfront for every single "misbehavior or misbehavement" grin that he can ever do to me. He is indeed a gem.

With my last, every morning before he set off for work, he would cook me yam and eggs and every evening it was Amala and okro.
When he gets back in the evening, He would run me a bath, massage my back and my feet. I used to have the most weird cravings and most evenings he will stop by ASDA to pick up my latest request. I wanted my mum to stay with me to look after me but he said no; he got me pregnant and it was his responsibility to look after me.

I suffered from severe Hyperemesis gravidarum during both pregnancies with a quite a number of admissions in hospital for dehydration. I also suffered from painful PGP, however He was always at my side and he attended every single ante natal & physio appointment with me. I had more appointments than normal due to my medical condition, and he soon became a well known face in the maternity unit embarassed

I was a most grouchy, tearful & difficult pregnant woman but he never once lost his temper. No smells were allowed in the house, because it made me feel even more sick so he was not allowed to use any strong aftershave etc but he never complained and I remember the day he decided to add flavor to the okro and added locust beans I nearly committed murder that day.

The guy really tried and I still sometimes feel guilty at the way I behaved embarassed but it wasn't my fault sha . . . it was the hormones.

hahahahahahaha! I stopped reading at "okro."

Seriously, making amala is a pain the arm, and. . . he made it every night? And he didn't even stop there. . .? Are we talking about hubby or mama? tongue

No mind me o. I'm just funning sha. cheesy grin
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by deloby123(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
truth be told, i can count the number of topics i have commented on even though i visit everyday but i just couldn't let this pass. You guys rock.
am still single but trust me, the details from page 1-till present have completely educated me and am most grateful to all you Men who gave these women reason to be grateful. Praying for the strength and grace to do much more when the time comes.
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by lordkayy: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
You guys rock,,,,,,,,thumbs up
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Amhappy(f): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
@ Post
Great thread. Will send hubby this link. He is tryingoooo but need to up his game.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Analytical: Thank you, thank you, thank you all. I said it earlier that I want to feel proud of myself today!

Ok, let me summarize this. . .

The 2nd and 3rd trimesters were full of events and drama as well. Baby was growing and tummy bulging. She was gaining weights and she couldn’t get inside those trim and fitted clothes again. The face became puffy, movements became slow and body became very tender. My angel was fast losing her shape! Oh that was my opportunity to rub anywhere I want, from head to toe and I did a splendid job of it. S.ex had to be rationed! Especially as the tummy grew bigger. Romantic and creative me had to device various positions, so as not to hurt both my babies (wife and the little one!). I knew it was just a matter of time.

During delivery (a protracted one, that almost resulted to C/S), I had to be there in the delivery room and watched live as my baby came out. Finally, I became a father! What a feeling. Gradually, she took over her kitchen and I didn’t get enough of those free chicken and unrestricted access to the kitchen again! Well, until the 2nd pregnancy came a few years after.

That one was a kettle of fish altogether! I won't bore you with the details. I was no longer a novice so I knew what to expect this time around. So I thought! The 3rd pregnancy was a tough one that eventually ended in a C/S. Till today, she tells me no man can beat my show of maturity and love, including my cooking skills cool.

Women need the best their husbands can dish out during such periods. If any man claims to be a man, that is really the time to display how much love you have for your wife. This is my appeal to the husbands and would-be husbands reading this. Please support your wives (and babies during such period). You will actually be sowing by doing such. Yes, it will push you to the limits, if hers is such a tough pregrnancy, and test your endurance because certain things would have to be relaxed during such period. I can tell you however, she will never forget how you were there when she needed you most. The reward you will certainly reap.

God bless y'all.
. 1000likes
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by afm4ever(m): 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nna i have learnt alot from this thread for future use ;DNna i have learnt alot from this thread for future use
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by chayooh(f): 2:46am On Dec 01, 2013
@Ifloxy, you shouldn't have sent him the link. A lot of men don't like to be told they're wrong. Just don't compare him to what you've read so far. Instead encourage him identify things he does specifically and say "so and so you did makes me feel extra special and makes me want to love you more". Just keep being appreciative and before long, things will change.
That being said, my hubby was very supportive. I didnt have morning sickness and all.But he went with me for most ante-natal sessions. He was d only man there. We as always went shopping together and he made me feel So sexy and pretty. We had the most experimental of love making sessions while I was pregnant. So glad I wasn't treated like a porcelain piece.He was right beside me through labour which was Really sweet. I didn't cook till four months after our daughter was born. I thank God for that experience.

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Iranoladun(f): 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
My hubby was never supportive during any of my pregnancies.

In fact, it was so bad after birth that I contemplated divorce. He acted as if he did not care. I can never forget the care of my kid sister though and my strange food requests. The strange efo soko recipe:

No onions, no tomatoes, no seasoning. Just salt, rodo, dried fish and efo soko. Breakfast was pap and my efo, lunch white rice and efo, dinner was amala and my efo all these for the 1st trimesters. I remember my second pregnancy was so bad that I had anaemia. Most times I will be so weak that I won't be able to do anything.

I think men brings out their true colours during wifey pregnancy

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
And to think this thread has been here since 2012..wow! I was like "Awwwwww" for most experiences and felt terrible for others...I guess marriage and pregnancy replaces fantasies with reality(know next to nothing about either of them) but reading this thread made me realize there are still people out there who are worth the stress every step of the way....hmmm when the time is right,I wanna get it all right! Thanks Op for a thread second to non...
Re: How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Analytical: Let me start to recall those days. . .

Wify got pregnant immediately after we got married (probably that very day, but definitely not more than 3 days after- that’s a story for another day!). Novice and inexperienced us; we didn’t even know. Two weeks after, she fell sick. We didn’t even suspect pregnancy, though all the signs were there- nausea, vomiting and all. She had fever and was dehydrated. We got to the clinic and was confirmed pregnant after test. Then started the journey that won me accolades and everlasting admiration of my wife.

Everything became strange. My new wife practically became different. The ever bubbling, hardworking gal I knew became so dull, moody, fuzzy and lazy! I knew this wasn’t my girl. The wonders of hormones! Attempts at preparing food in the kitchen became disastrous. She just couldn’t stand the smell of anything again. Worse still, they trigger off the vomiting.

Who would have thought going out together will be such a trying period? Well, so it became. The smell of car fragrance and fume became allergic. So the first thing she does as soon as she enters the car is to throw up inside the car. She became sad that she was giving me stress. I had to calm her down, that I am in love with her, vomits or not. So, cleaning up the car wasn’t a problem to me. In fact, I counted it all joy that I will soon become a father! I had to provide a special bowl in the car permanently to take care of that.

Because of this, I had to practically go with her whenever she wanted to go out. Thankfully, she was yet to start working then. We visited the clinic for antenatal together. We went to the market together. Do I talk of when the nausea came right there in the market? She tried to suppress it and with my hands massaging her back, urged her to do it right there, with all eyes gazed on this young couple, hubby rubbing wify’s back while she vomits! That was my moment to shine- my own version of Public Display of Affection.

Every morning I had to get up early to prepare food for her before I set for work, rush home during lunch time to check on her and clean-up. I took over the kitchen and became the official cook. And they are special foods- sometimes without salt! No onions, no frying at all. Most times no pepper, no stew, just okro! Very odd demands became the order of the day. After testing my skills in the kitchen, several times the food had to be rejected for upsetting her homones! Chicken and meat became prohibited for her. How I enjoyed those days. I ended up eating as much chicken as I could cool

The first trimester had just ended- two more to go. And this is just the first pregnancy. . .
pls do you have a bro,,,am interested jor...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.