Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1141061 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (1821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

I've always said I'm willing to debate and support the argument that Modric is at least on par with Xavi and Iniesta even on the Barca thread but all I get in return are insults and trolling. Maybe yours might be - a bit - different so are you willing to do an intelligent debate on it or are you the type that's had his mind made up?
let us debate?
Iniesta and Xavi are greater than Modric in all levels.
The only thing Modric has is more longeativity which isn't the criteria for greatness.
If not then Zlatan Ibrahimovic is greater than Thierry Henry if we want to go by longeativity but we all know that's not true.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
grin grin
Iniesta in world cup final vs Modric in world cup final.

Vawulence grin

Iniesta played that final with players who are either the bet in their position in the world or arguably the best or up there with the best while Modric had no such supporting cast. The fact that Croatia made world cup final against all odds and even put up a fight and he (Modric) got the player of the tournament award something Iniesta didn't win despite scoring the winning goal at the world cup speaks volumes of Luka's quality. Put Modric in that same Spanish squad in place of Iniesta and they can only get better. put Iniesta in that Croatia squad in place of Modric and they would do way worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
let us debate?
Iniesta and Xavi are greater than Modric in all levels.

Tell us those levels bro. you don't get to make such blanket statements in a debate and call it a point. for instance all I have to do is say Modric has more UCL goals. more club goals than Iniesta, more club career goals, more national team goals, more balon d'Or and many other "levels" he's better than Iniesta to show that your statement is factually wrong

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Iniesta played that final with players who are either the bet in their position in the world or arguably the best or up there with the best while Modric had no such supporting cast. The fact that Croatia made world cup final against all odds and even put up a fight and he (Modric) got the player of the tournament award speaks volumes of his quality. Put Modric in that same Spanish squad in place of Iniesta and they can only get better. put Iniesta in that Croatia squad in place of Modric and they would do way worse.
Lol the same Croatia side with Rakitic, perisik, kovacik, loveren, Brozovic.
These are players that were starters in their various clubs and who were very dangerous.
It's like you didn't watch Iniesta play football.
Someone that dances with the ball on the field, Iniesta isn't just about assist, the Beauty of how he plays football was even added to play station, on how you can turn away from opponents in an instant. Iniesta that uses his body to dribble opponents.
Xavi that was said to have eyes at the back of his head.
Do you watch how Xavi will turn a defenders round like a circle with the ball on his feet before giving the final pass.
It was a joy and beauty to watch.
A simple YouTube video will clear your doubt.
You said Iniesta played in a good Spanish squad, have you forgotten who they played against?
A Netherland squad with Robben, van Persie, snieder and co.
This disrespect of Iniesta and Xavi are uncalled for.

Saying Iniesta wont do well in Croatia isn't how to debate football.
It's like saying Lukaku is better than David Villa because David Villa played in a better Spanish squad.

It doesn't really make sense.
We are talking about individual play here and achievements.
Do you know that Iniesta is the greatest footballers ever in the history of Spain and Modric isn't even top three of the greatest footballers in Croatia?

So you see how disrespectful it is to compare Modric and Iniesta.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
Lol the same Croatia side with Rakitic, perisik, kovacik, loveren, Brozovic.
These are players that were starters in their various clubs and who were very dangerous.
seems you just reply without reading and understanding the point. They were NEVER regarded to be the best in their positions or one of the best. maybe Rakitic was up there with the best but that's it! compare that to the Spain squad of 2010 which had Casillas, the best keeper in the world. Pique and Puyol who were probably the best defense combination that just won the treble at Barcelona. Sergio Busquets who at the time was regarded as the best CDM in the world. Xabi Alonso who's arguably the best in the world alongside him. they subbed Alonso off in the final and brought in fabregas. David Villa who was arguably the best striker in Laliga at the time alongside a Torres who was tearing it up for Liverpool in England. Let's not talk about David Silva, Juan Mata, Javi Martinez, Fernando Llorente

compare that to Croatia squad. who had Subasic in goal who you'd probably mention about 25 or so keepers before remembering he exists. Lovren who was a bench warmer at Liverpool and the kop couldn't wait to see the back of him. Vyda who just signed for a Turkish club. Strinic who barely starts for Sampdoria, Rebic who was getting loaned around by fiorentina, Matteo Kovacic who was a bench warmer at Madrid. Marko Pjaca who couldn't cut it at juve.

in fact I'd go on limb and say Many of the Spanish players who couldn't make the 25 man squad for Spain would start for 2018 croatia

It's like you didn't watch Iniesta play football.
Someone that dances with the ball on the field, Iniesta isn't just about assist, the Beauty of how he plays football was even added to play station, on how you can turn away from opponents in an instant. Iniesta that uses his body to dribble opponents.
something Modric does all too well. and guess what? he's still doing it till today. Modric is not an assister or a goalscorer either, that's just the icing on the cake

Xavi that was said to have eyes at the back of his head.
Do you watch how Xavi will turn a defenders round like a circle with the ball on his feet before giving the final pass.
It was a joy and beauty to watch.
something Modric does too. I fail to see anything you've said that favours Xavi and Iniesta but doesn't favour Modric and Modric on top of it defends and tackles better than Xavi and Iniesta can ever dream of at their best

A simple YouTube video will clear your doubt.
yeah. I'd do you one better. I'd not only refer you to go to a simple video. I'd give you the link ht tps://ww w. daily motion.com/video / x2gvusx Remove the spaces

You said Iniesta played in a good Spanish squad, have you forgotten who they played against?
A Netherland squad with Robben, van Persie, snieder and co.
This disrespect of Iniesta and Xavi are uncalled for.
Spain squad at the time was better than that of netherlands. it's not even arguable. whereas the gap in quality between France and Croatia is night and day. you might disagree with my netherland point but only a troll would think the gap in quality of france and croatia in 2018 is close.

Saying Iniesta wont do well in Croatia isn't how to debate football.
It's like saying Lukaku is better than David Villa because David Villa played in a better Spanish squad.
I didn't just make the point. I supported it with the fact that Modric won the player of the tournament in 2018 despite losing the final with a far inferior squad while Iniesta didn't win any individual award I'm aware of in the tournament he won despite scoring the winning goal

It doesn't really make sense.
We are talking about individual play here and achievements.
Do you know that Iniesta is the greatest footballers ever in the history of Spain and Modric isn't even top three of the greatest footballers in Croatia?
source?

So you see how disrespectful it is to compare Modric and Iniesta.
I agree it's disrespectful to Modric to compare him to lesser player like Iniesta

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Tell us those levels bro. you don't get to make such blanket statements in a debate and call it a point. for instance all I have to do is say Modric has more UCL goals. more club goals than Iniesta, more club career goals, more national team goals, more balon d'Or and many other "levels" he's better than Iniesta to show that your statement is factually wrong
lol Iniesta has
1) 4 UEFA champions league
2) 9 Spanish laliga
3) three FIFA club world cup.
4) two European championship with Spain.
5) one world cup
6) one UEFA best player award.
7)7 Spanish cup.
cool 6 Spanish super cup.
9) 3 UEFA super cup
10) 1 best player of the year in 2009
11) under 17 champions for Spain
12) under 19 champions for Spain
13) one world cup confederation cup
14) he won three trophies in Japan when he left Barcelona.
Iniesta played 669 games.
57 goals, 141 assist and 31 trophies.

Alright bring the stats of achievements of Modric and let me see.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
seems you just reply without reading and understanding the point. They were NEVER regarded to be the best in their positions or one of the best. maybe Rakitic was up there with the best but that's it! compare that to the Spain squad of 2010 which had Casillas, the best keeper in the world. Pique and Puyol who were probably the best defense combination that just won the treble at Barcelona. Sergio Busquets who at the time was regarded as the best CDM in the world. Xabi Alonso who's arguably the best in the world alongside him. they subbed Alonso off in the final and brought in fabregas. David Villa who was arguably the best striker in Laliga at the time alongside a Torres who was tearing it up for Liverpool in England. Let's not talk about David Silva, Juan Mata, Javi Martinez, Fernando Llorente something Modric does all too well. and guess what? he's still doing it till today. Modric is not an assister or a goalscorer either, that's just the icing on the cake
something Modric does too. I fail to see anything you've said that favours Xavi and Iniesta but doesn't favour Modric and Modric on top of it defends and tackles better than Xavi and Iniesta can ever dream of at their best yeah. I'd do you one better. I'd not only refer you to go to a simple video. I'd give you the link ht tps://ww w. daily motion.com/video / x2gvusx Remove the spaces

Spain squad at the time was better than that of netherlands. it's not even arguable. whereas the gap in quality between France and Croatia is night and day. you might disagree with my netherland point but only a troll would think the gap in quality of france and croatia in 2018 is close.

I didn't just make the point. I supported it with the fact that Modric won the player of the tournament in 2018 despite losing the final with a far inferior squad while Iniesta didn't win any individual award I'm aware of in the tournament he won despite scoring the winning goal
source?

I agree it's disrespectful to Modric to compare him to lesser player like Iniesta
This sums it all.
Lmao
Check image below

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Krasid(m): 11:42am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
This sums it all.
Lmao
lol. 2016 grin That was before he achieved 90% of his accolades. I'm sure Xavi and Iniesta will be happy to be compared to him now.

2 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
This sums it all.
Lmao
Check image below

This is a debate. seems you can't hold one down and have resorted to cheap shots. typical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:45am On Apr 13, 2022
Krasid:
lol. 2016 grin That was before he achieved 90% of his accolades. I'm sure Xavi and Iniesta will be happy to be compared to him now.
Before 2016.
Xavi and Iniesta were already greater than the Modric of 2022
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

This is a debate. seems you can't hold one down and have resorted to cheap shots. typical
lmao the man in question is telling you Iniesta Is his idol and you are here arguing.
Lol please rest in Jesus name
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
lol Iniesta has
2) 9 Spanish laliga
5) one world cup
7)7 Spanish cup.
9) 3 UEFA super cup

Cc hopefulandlord

I am still waiting for a reply
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
lol Iniesta has
2) 9 Spanish laliga
5) one world cup
7)7 Spanish cup.
9) 3 UEFA super cup

About 90% of these are just Iniesta being in a better team. for instance he won 4 UCL's but everyone knows he was a nonfactor in the 2006 UCL win whereas Modric's role in all 4 UCLs he won are regarded as extremely important.

if I do list Modric's it would prove he's no slouch either. Iniesta moved from playing with Xavi Pique Alba Busquets fabregas Villa Pedro etc in Barcelona to playing with them in Spain whereas Modric goes to the Croatian squad to play with totally different and inferior players at Croatia but despite all the odds he still dragged them to world cup final. won player of the tournament and got a balon d'Or to top it off

Modric however won the balon d'Or. only non Messi or Ronaldo player to have done that since 2008

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
lol Iniesta has
2) 9 Spanish laliga
5) one world cup
7)7 Spanish cup.
9) 3 UEFA super cup

Most of all these are collective are collective accolades tongue

Did he win ballon d'or ? No
FIFA best ? No
Golden ball world cup ? No
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bacteria8:

Most of all these are collective are collective accolades tongue

Did he win ballon d'or ? No
FIFA best ? No
Golden ball world cup ? No
Lmao you guys are Clowns.
The way you guys argues ehn;;!! Chai!!! Shame on you!!
If that's the cases then Modric is greater than legendary Zico and Pirri of real Madrid who are midfielders too.

I am not even sure you know who Zico and pirri are.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
Lmao you guys are Clowns.
The way you guys argues ehn;;!! Chai!!! Shame on you!!
If that's the cases then Modric is greater than legendary Zico and Pirri of real Madrid who are midfielders too.

I am not even sure you know who Zico and pirri are.

Yes bro Modric is greater than all these antique players you mentioned grin

Same way Ronaldo is the greatest in our club history... And Messi the same for you culers

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

About 90% of these are just Iniesta being in a better team. for instance he won 4 UCL's but everyone knows he was a nonfactor in the 2006 UCL win whereas Modric's role in all 4 UCLs he won are regarded as extremely important.

if I do list Modric's it would prove he's no slouch either. Iniesta moved from playing with Xavi Pique Alba Busquets fabregas Villa Pedro etc in Barcelona to playing with them in Spain whereas Modric goes to the Croatian squad to play with totally different and inferior players at Croatia but despite all the odds he still dragged them to world cup final. won player of the tournament and got a balon d'Or to top it off

Modric however won the balon d'Or. only non Messi or Ronaldo player TO have done that since 2008
So you are saying Modric is better than Iniesta because he win a golden ball in a world cup?
Please no offence, but how old are you?

Because by your stupid logic, it mean Jamie vardie of Leicester is better than wayne Rooney because vardie played in a lecester team with mediocre players and won the premier league with them unlike Rooney that played in a Manchester United team with great footballers.

So you mean Kanu kwakwor of Nigeria is better than Samuel eto because Kanu won a champions league with small Ajax unlike Etoe that won in a better Barcelona and inter Milan.

So you mean morhino is a better coach Than Alex Ferguson because he won a champions league in Porto unlike Ferguson that won in a better Manchester United.

So you are saying the Nigeria Army are better individually than USA armies Because USA has more military technology and weapons?

See! Your logic is naive and not intelligent at all.
I am done with you guys.
Bye!!!!!

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by OhBritannia(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bacteria8:

Yes bro Modric is greater than all these antique players you mentioned grin

Same way Ronaldo is the greatest in our club history... And Messi the same for you culers
Jesus Christ!!!
a Madrid fan saying Modric is greater than Zico and pirri.

I am just going to wait for a old Madrid fan that actually knows the history of Madrid to reply you.
I am done with you for good.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
Jesus Christ!!!
a Madrid fan saying Modric is greater than Zico and pirri.

I am just going to wait for a old Madrid fan that actually knows the history of Madrid to reply you.
I am done with you for good.

Oshey metusela grin grin grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
OhBritannia:
So you are saying Modric is better than Iniesta because he win a golden ball in a world cup?
Please no offence, but how old are you?
I'm 12, and you?

Because by your stupid logic, it mean Jamie vardie of Leicester is better than wayne Rooney because vardie played in a lecester team with mediocre players and won the premier league with them unlike Rooney that played in a Manchester United team with great footballers.

So you mean Kanu kwakwor of Nigeria is better than Samuel eto because Kanu won a champions league with small Ajax unlike Etoe that won in a better Barcelona and inter Milan.

So you mean morhino is a better coach Than Alex Ferguson because he won a champions league in Porto unlike Ferguson that won in a better Manchester United.

So you are saying the Nigeria Army are better individually than USA armies Because USA has more military technology and weapons?

See! Your logic is naive and not intelligent at all.
I am done with you guys.
Bye!!!!!
no! you won't get off that easily

I'm saying he played at the world cup final and got the golden ball which means he was regarded as the best player at the world cup despite losing the final. while the fact that Iniesta couldn't win any world cup individual award despite winning it and scoring the winning goal showed that iniesta's performance at 2010 world cup pales greatly in comparison to Modric's performance at 2018 world cup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I'm 12, and you?
no! you won't get off that easily

I'm saying he played at the world cup final and got the golden ball which means he was regarded as the best player at the world cup despite losing the final. while the fact that Iniesta couldn't win any world cup individual award despite winning it and scoring the winning goal showed that iniesta's performance at 2010 world cup pales greatly in comparison to Modric's performance at 2018 world cup

God bless you bro kiss

That nigga has twisted logic...and funnily enough he doesn't know it

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bacteria8:

God bless you bro kiss

That nigga has twisted logic...and funnily enough he doesn't know it
I'm starting to conclude that guy doesn't read to understand at all.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
It is not about longevity

It is about still being able to play world class football in a world class team...at age 36 ! smiley

Ibrahimovic is 40. Ok but is he in a world class club... playing world class football in Champions League week in week out ? Hell no !

So we ain't just talking about age. We talking quality football at the age when others were already wearing pampas.

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Bacteria8:
It is not about longevity

It is about still being able to play world class football in a world class team...at age 36 ! smiley

Ibrahimovic is 40. Ok but is he in a world class club... playing world class football in Champions League week in week out ? Hell no !

So we ain't just talking about age. We talking quality football at the age when others were already wearing pampas.

Okay like this now
Modric >> Zidane
Na wetin u dy talk shocked
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
I’m really happy that Marcelo was able to participate in one of his last big major games! Must be especially sweet for him
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by ItisHi: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Clowns comparing Midric to the great Iniesta. Crazy things are happening

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
That's our 10th semifinals in 12 years.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Am watching their goals. Mendy and Casemiro act brain dead sometimes. How Casemiro just slides in like a headless chicken (not the first time) and how Mendy thinks he is prime Marcelo (not the first time) where as he is not that good on the ball.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Jodera: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
ItisHi:
Clowns comparing Midric to the great Iniesta. Crazy things are happening
But modric can be compared to iniesta na. Talk about iniesta individual achievements that drowns that of modric let's hear.

Passes, assists, big game impacts, goals, individual awards, dribbling? Name it and let's see the ones iniesta drowns modric that you think they can't be compared
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Melvyn11:
That's our 10th semifinals in 12 years.

Hmmmm angry
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Devvy4: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
These foolish barka clown are trying to spoil our Ucl victory we had yesterday by bring up this lame ass Godric vs inesta

Pained dumbos

6 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Devvy4:
These foolish barka clown are trying to spoil our Ucl victory we had yesterday by bring up this lame ass Godric vs inesta

Pained dumbos

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) ... (1821) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.