Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1173601 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
monerozi5590:

Navas. We don't need another goalkeeper for now when we we already have Navas.

Maybe you've forgotten that Perez is in charge of transfers and he just hired a yes man who wouldn't give him any troubles with his crazy signing ambitions. We may not need another GK, but Perez is interested in signing one.

Miremoses1:
of course, I'm backing him to do a great, but since his Spanish, he might be partial, like dropping varane for nacho, starting both asensio and isco(which will be disastrous). I just hope he doesn't tamper with Bale's position. Let's also watch how he will handle ronaldo.

The good thing about him making those choices is that everyone knows Asensio and Isco can't carry a team like RM every weekend. Varane has stuck with us through the thick and thin for 7 seasons (doubt the selection choices of a transition coach will faze him. He'd always prove his mettle when called upon). Bale's position doesn't need any tampering, he'd be injured sooner or later (if Perez keeps him). Ronaldo can't physically play more games than he currently does, and who knows if heavy possession style will be good for him switching into a 9.

So unless Lope proves to be annoyingly stubborn, he does have his work cut out of him.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic. But what's the alternative?

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Ksslib(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
Our new coach can be a Messi fan if he likes. Inshort I prefer to use the word 'like" in this context since "fan" makes the situation sound a little too critical . Our new coach can like Messi if he likes. It is allowed I guess. It's only logical that most people will often find themselves choosing between Ronaldo & Messi since both of them have been dominating the football chain for as long as anyone can remember.

The problem I'll have with him being a Messi fan is if it affects how he treats Ronaldo, if it affects his job. Say for example, before a classico, he orders our defenders to allow Messi score two goals. Na there wahala go dey.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
LordAdamX:

Dude, Lope is a stop-gap measure. The plan B I was talking about.

Perez has been wanting to have a Spanish-heavy RM for a while now, so it's no surprise he favored Lope.

I don't think he'd see his contract through (it's 3 yrs). However, it's too early to say if he is a bad choice.

-Lord
with which Spanish players

oh, are you thinking he will bring in Kepa, Odi rb, maybe even thiago or Rodrigo which Spanish player sef
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
I just pray Perez doesn't go mad again. Perez shouldn't touch Navas for now. He is one of the top three goalkeepers in the world right now.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
LordAdamX:

Maybe you've forgotten that Perez is in charge of transfers and he just hired a yes man who wouldn't give him any troubles with his crazy signing ambitions. We may not need another GK, but Perez is interested in signing one.

The good thing about him making those choices is that everyone knows Asensio and Isco can't carry a team like RM every weekend. Varane has stuck with us through the thick and thin for 7 seasons (doubt the selection choices of a transition coach will faze him. He'd always prove his mettle when called upon). Bale's position doesn't need any tampering, he'd be injured sooner or later (if Perez keeps him). Ronaldo can't physically play more games than he currently does, and who knows if heavy possession style will be good for him switching into a 9.

So unless Lope proves to be annoyingly stubborn, he does have his work cut out of him.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic. But what's the alternative?

-Lord
you have spoken well, no alternatives if you ask me.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ksslib:
Our new coach can be a Messi fan if he likes. Inshort I prefer to use the word 'like" in this context since "fan" makes the situation sound a little too critical . Our new coach can like Messi if he likes. It is allowed I guess. It's only logical that most people will often find themselves choosing between Ronaldo & Messi since both of them have been dominating the football chain for as long as anyone can remember.

The problem I'll have with him being a Messi fan is if it affects how he treats Ronaldo, if it affects his job. Say for example, before a classico, he orders our defenders to allow Messi score two goals. Na there wahala go dey.

He respects CR7. At least going by recent comments he made this year. The issue is if he respects Messi too much. Like that nonsense Wenger and Simeone do by saying Messi can't be stopped, then proceed to give him too much playing space (Wenger is most guilty).

Seriously, whether Lope succeeds or not is up to him than any other factor.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
monerozi5590:
I just pray Perez doesn't go mad again. Perez shouldn't touch Navas for now. He is one of the top three goalkeepers in the world right now.
you got jokes man. Perez not to tamper with nava's position. Don't be surprised if he signs de gea tomorrow. With zizou gone(someone who never supported him signing big names)he will surely sign a new GK.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miremoses1:
of course, I'm backing him to do a great, but since his Spanish, he might be partial, like dropping varane for nacho, starting both asensio and isco(which will be disastrous). I just hope he doesn't tamper with Bale's position. Let's also watch how he will handle ronaldo.
Julen Lopetegui would be able to handle the pressure, he did well with it while taking over as Spanish first team coach.

as for starting Isco and Asensio it's very possible

a line up of Carvajal, Varane(Nacho), Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, (Modric)Kross; Vazquez(Bale), Isco(Modric), Asensio; Ronaldo

could work as a 4-5-1 if Bale stays fit he could be a starter RAM, Isco CAM then Asensio LAM
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
MoR2:
with which Spanish players

oh, are you thinking he will bring in Kepa, Odi rb, maybe even thiago or Rodrigo which Spanish player sef

There's Ramos, Carvajal, Nacho, Isco, Asensio, LV already. Ceballos and Llorente are supposed to be the future of our midfield. Odi and De Gea are supposed to be coming.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
So atletico Madrid has agreed a deal to sign lemar. OK, we better start getting our signings as soon as possible.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miremoses1:
So atletico Madrid has agreed a deal to sign lemar. OK, we better start getting our signings as soon as possible.

Yes o.

Since the Board signs without the Coach's input, they should get on with it. But I have a feeling they wouldn't want to stir the pot and be blamed by Spanish press for distracting Lope during the WC.

Suddenly, the WC can't end quickly enough.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miremoses1:
you got jokes man. Perez not to tamper with nava's position. Don't be surprised if he signs de gea tomorrow. With zizou gone(someone who never supported him signing big names)he will surely sign a new GK.

No No No. I don't think he will try that again. I pray Perez doesn't try that again. Navas has earned his place in this Real Madrid team.

Sentiment aside, Navas is my favourite goalkeeper on planet earth.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
monerozi5590:

No No No. I don't think he will try that again. I pray Perez doesn't try that again. Navas has earned his place in this Real Madrid team.

Perez would do whatever he wants. It's not like he is standing for election anytime soon.

Someone that's considering selling CR7. The only reason he gave CR7 an improved contract (which he rejected) was because Zidane resigned and he didn't want to lose both in the same window. As far as Perez is concerned, there is no sacred cow in that team.

If Bernabeu could push out Di Stefano after he won 5 consecutive European cups, why do you think Perez would blink about getting a Navas replacement? We've always had egomaniacs as Presidents.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
monerozi5590:

Perez will sign a new GK. It's an open secret.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
LordAdamX:

Yes o.

Since the Board signs without the Coach's input, they should get on with it. But I have a feeling they wouldn't want to stir the pot and be blamed by Spanish press for distracting Lope during the WC.

Suddenly, the WC can't end quickly enough.

-Lord
but on a serious note, I think signing lope now especially since his the Spanish coach isn't right. Just like you said, he might be distracted, and also Spain's dressing will be divided.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
Miremoses1:
but on a serious note, I think signing lope now especially since his the Spanish coach isn't right. Just like you said, he might be distracted, and also Spain's dressing will be divided.

The Spanish FA is saying he would abdicate his role as Spain's head coach after the World Cup.

In fact, Lope made the decision without talking to the FA. They're as surprised as we are.

Perez and his board ehn, only heaven knows what goes on in their mind. 6 RM players are part of the Spanish contingent going to this WC, RM is Spain's premier club, and then they decide to pull this stunt with the national team coach.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Julen Lopetegui on Bale in 2015,"A player at Real Madrid has to give 100% all the time. If he doesn't then he might as well leave. La liga is totally different to the premier league. A Player like that wouldn't get into my team.

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
LordAdamX:

The Spanish FA is saying he would abdicate his role as Spain's head coach after the World Cup.

In fact, Lope made the decision without talking to the FA. They're as surprised as we are.

Perez and his board ehn, only heaven knows what goes on in their mind. 6 RM players are part of the Spanish contingent going to this WC, RM is Spain's premier club, and then they decide to pull this stunt with the national team coach.

-Lord
perez is full of wonders, you don't want to give ur all time top goal scorer an improved contract, but you want to sign neymar for a mad fee and then pay him double what ur current best player earns.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by mcdreeezy: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
MoR2:
shocked
you supporting Spain?
Yes.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2018
LordAdamX:
One thing I'm excited about Julen's appointment is his preference for possession football.

How successful he'd be with it, seeing we've always been a fast and furious team is anyone's guess.

-Lord

Nah, under Zizou we played all kinds of football
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Lopetegui has been sacked by Spain.

Good call, now let's focus on the signings and pre season.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Miremoses1:

What?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Which signings are you guys talking about? Do we just sign for signing sake.

How many players out there can improve this Real Madrid squad?

You guys should tell us the players you want to see leave Madrid and the players you want to see come to Madrid. They is no way we are going to sign players without us selling some players.

As for me i would love to see Mbappe at RM but i don't know which player will give way for him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:22am On Jun 13, 2018
Our defense is very ok. Ramos and Varane pairing one of the very best in Europe. Marcelo and Carvajal are the best full backs in Europe. Not forgetting Nacho, Theo, Vallejo and Hakimi.

Our Midfield is superb. Kross the sniper, Modric the artist, Casemiro the tank, Kovacic, Isco the disco, Asensio the magician, a big match player, and the rest of the boys.

Attack is very much ok..Bale, CR7, Big Benz and Vazquez the workaholic.

Seriously, i don't know how many players out there can improve this squad.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Nah, under Zizou we played all kinds of football

Under Zizou we were primarily a fast and furious team. The fact that we weren't always counter-attacking like we did under Mourinho doesn't mean we weren't a FnF team.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Miremoses1:

Sth is very wrong with the Spanish.

I may not be supporting their team in this WC, but this is below the belt. This could have been handled better. Much better.

As for Perez, I reserve my comment.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
LordAdamX:

Sth is very wrong with the Spanish.

I may not be supporting their team in this WC, but this is below the belt. This could have been handled better. Much better.

As for Perez, I reserve my comment.

-Lord
Perez might have cost Spain the WC now. I know we were anxious to know the next coach, but we never expected Lope. Perez should have kept it a secret till the tournament is over.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
LosVikingos:

What?
yes bro, you read that right.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
Miremoses1:
Perez might have cost Spain the WC now. I know we were anxious to know the next coach, but we never expected Lope. Perez should have kept it a secret till the tournament is over.

Actually, Perez, Hierro, and Lius cost Spain the WC.

Perez for again thinking the world revolves around him, and Hierro/Lius thinking this was an ego-match with Perez.

Apparently, both Madrid and Barca players begged Lius to keep Lope until the end of the tourney. Lius refused.

Now they have to announce a new coach for a team selected by Lope, trained by Lope, and have played all the friendlies under Lope.

Perez just keeps making enemies for Madrid. Running Madrid like it's his family business. Expect all away games next season to be hostile for us, as I'm sure the media would make this all Madrid's fault. The players would face the music while the board will hide in the shadows.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
LordAdamX:

Actually, Perez, Hierro, and Lius cost Spain the WC.

Perez for again thinking the world revolves around him, and Hierro/Lius thinking this was an ego-match with Perez.

Apparently, both Madrid and Barca players begged Lius to keep Lope until the end of the tourney. Lius refused.

Now they have to announce a new coach for a team selected by Lope, trained by Lope, and have played all the friendlies under Lope.

Perez just keeps making enemies for Madrid. Running Madrid like it's his family business. Expect all away games next season to be hostile for us, as I'm sure the media would make this all Madrid's fault. The players would face the music while the board will hide in the shadows.

-Lord
I just hope all this drama doesn't affect him(Lope) when the season starts. Imagine loosing an away match in Spain, the whole stadium will boo him or if Spain lose to Portugal. The timing of this appointment is bad, very bad.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
Miremoses1:
I just hope all this drama doesn't affect him(Lope) when the season starts. Imagine loosing an away match in Spain, the whole stadium will boo him or if Spain lose to Portugal. The timing of this appointment is bad, very bad.

If I hear say e no affect am. All eyes on him. Even if we win, he'd be seen as a traitor; shortchanging national team glory for club wins. You know how the Spanish behave. The English forgive, not the Spanish.

What I don't understand is why didn't he just suspend talks until end of the WC. It is only 1 month. If they were able to keep the media out of his tail, what about keeping it that way. It's not like he was going to sign players during the WC. The Madrid hierarchy was willing to wait for 1 month, so why not hold the signature until after the WC.

Why did they feel the need to sign it now and angering the FA? Same FA that can make life difficult for us. Perez never thinks anything through.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
LordAdamX:

If I hear say e no affect am. All eyes on him. Even if we win, he'd be seen as a traitor; shortchanging national team glory for club wins. You know how the Spanish behave. The English forgive, not the Spanish.

What I don't understand is why didn't he just suspend talks until end of the WC. It is only 1 month. If they were able to keep the media out of his tail, what about keeping it that way. It's not like he was going to sign players during the WC. The Madrid hierarchy was willing to wait for 1 month, so why not hold the signature until after the WC.

Why did they feel the need to sign it now and angering the FA? Same FA that can make life difficult for us. Perez never thinks anything through.

-Lord
I believe Perez pushed for the deal. He might have been impatient and wanted Lope to sign the deal.

I just pity Lope, imagine going trophyless next season. It won't be funny if Perez sacks him before his contract finishes.

As for the FA, most of them are Catalonia, some of them are also barka fans, I believe they were the ones who wanted Lope sacked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.