Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,281 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1168548 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2018
Yonce:

Tell me about it.
And that hopefultentant said he was mad that everyone was going on and on about how if we had the GOAT we wouldn't have lost because he prides himself in thinking outside the box undecided

We conceded 4 goals.
Ramos came from the back to take a penalty. grin
Midfield collapsed.
We only scored one goal. . . .in a bloody final.

Zidane and Ronaldo seem to have taken our best years with them. No use sugarcoating the truth.

I was angry.

Why Ramos and not Benzema not even Bale
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2018
Eyedea:
Na wa o you guys should calm down

@LordAdamX
@Yonce
@LosVikingos
@hopefulLandlord
@Monerozi5590

please let us all let go of the matter.

We are all pained if not by CR but at least by the loss to ATM and especially that thug called Simeone (I dislike that dude and his assistantangry )

The season is here lets start looking forward towards a successful outing with whatever squad we eventually have

6 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2018
Thank God Casemiro is back training. Winning our first Laliga match tomorrow is very important.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

@LordAdamX
@Yonce
@LosVikingos
@hopefulLandlord
@Monerozi5590

please let us all let go of the matter.

We are all pained if not by CR but at least by the loss to ATM and especially that thug called Simeone (I dislike that dude and his assistantangry )

The season is here lets start looking forward towards a successful outing with whatever squad we eventually have

Let me repeat what I typed on the 4th...

"Every fr**king player and the coach gets a free pass from me this season. Benzema misses a sitter, Great. Casemiro misplaces a pass that leads to a goal, Perfect. Navas makes a howler, anyone who doesn't like it can go man the post. Kroos catwalks while the opposition is racing towards goal, let him be. Lope makes a selection that later proved costly, so be it. I did not almost have a heart attack during the Juve and Bayern UCL 2nd leg games to have the naughty board put me through that same nonsense again after they made everyone believe they'd solve the glaring issues we have this summer. If the board is immune to criticism, the players should be too."

For years now the end has justified the means. That stops this summer.

I expect the players to get back on track against Getafe tomorrow. It's a match they should win convincingly even if Lope puts only the youngsters on the pitch. What I absolutely abhor is that we are in a position where if we meet Man City, PSG, Bayern, or Juve we'd be collectively sh*tting our pants because those teams could potentially make Wednesday seem decent.

So yea, I'm hopeful that we have an amazing season, but I'm saying it now that it wouldn't be because of the st*pid decisions from management; it'd be because Lope and the boys performed miracles. They simply do not deserve to be in this position going into the new season.

That's why I said nothing about the defenders' gaffes in the Super Cup match. They were to be expected because it has historically being a part of our play. Anyone here who didn't think that was possible is out of his mind. In fact, those gaffes are bound to happen again, unless something is done about our defensive structure. There's no escaping it.

These anti-CR7, fake-Madrid-first posturers are expecting me to bury my head in the sand, I wouldn't. So going forward, whatever they want to do or say, they should keep CR7 fans out of their misery. If they're making excuses for the board, they should be able to live with the repercussions. Kapiche!

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

I was angry.

Why Ramos and not Benzema not even Bale

I'm just observing the drama going on without interfering but I think I need to talk about this one

There's no winning for this coach. is there?

Ramos took PK in our 3-3 draw in copa del rey against Sevilla. I'm not sure if Bale played that game but I'm 100% sure Benz was there cuz he scored the equalising goal with a nice dribble move to get away from 2 players.

Ramos takes PK for La Roja too and I'm sure he's taken more than the Sevilla example I gave up there. that Bale and Benz you guys think should be taking it didn't show any sign of being disappointed at not taking the PK makes me wonder why you guys are the ones complaining in their stead. these guys train together and knows more about team instructions including penalty hierarchy than we do. who knows if those other players are not in the frame of mind to take the PK? (see Thiago Silva crying and asking to be put last in PK even behind Fuuking Julio Cesar). Like I keep saying. many madridistas can't wait for this coach to fail so everything that happens from now on would be used as opportunity to shiit on him so they can say "I've always said it bla bla bla" if he fails

Whether Navas (Courtois) or Casimiro or Varane or Vallejo or Odriozola becomes the designated PK taker makes no difference to me so long they score the PK and everyone who cares for the team should share this sentiment

PK was awarded, Ramos stepped up and dispatched it but you guys are still complaining. makes me wonder what would've happened if he missed. I guess if he missed it would've been the golden opportunity for "some Madridistas" to blame our sale of Ronaldo for the miss too (yes, I brought him up again) and/or say he's favouring "Spanish players" to the detriment of the team. he scored and that still doesn't stop the complain

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm just observing the drama going on without interfering but I think I need to talk about this one

Ramos took PK in our 3-3 draw in copa del rey against Sevilla. I'm not sure if Bale played that game but I'm 100% sure Benz was there cuz he scored the equalising goal with a nice dribble move to get away from 2 players.

Ramos takes PK for La Roja too and I'm sure he's taken more than the Sevilla example I gave up there. that Bale and Benz you guys think should be taking it didn't show any sign of being disappointed at not taking the PK makes me wonder why you guys are the ones complaining in their stead. these guys train together and knows more about team instructions including penalty hierarchy than we do. who knows if those other players are not in the frame of mind to take the PK? (see Thiago Silva crying and asking to be put last in PK even behind Fuuking Julio Cesar). Like I keep saying. many madridistas can't wait for this coach to fail so everything that happens from now on would be used as opportunity to shiit on him so they can say "I've always said it bla bla bla" if he fails

Whether Navas (Courtois) or Casimiro or Varane or Vallejo or Odriozola becomes the designated PK taker makes no difference to me so long they score the PK and everyone who cares for the team should share this sentiment

PK was awarded, Ramos stepped up and dispatched it but you guys are still complaining. makes me wonder what would've happened if he missed. I guess if he missed it would've been the golden opportunity for "some Madridistas" to blame our sale of Ronaldo for the miss too (yes, I brought him up again) and/or say he's favouring "Spanish players" to the detriment of the team.

You're a f*cking disgrace!

Pray tell what was the reaction here when Ramos played the PK against Sevilla last season. You can scroll to the page on that day and read through the replies. I really wonder why I bother to reply you sometimes.

There's not a single analyst who looked at Ramos taking that PK and didn't go WTF! Not one. You can go do your research. I spent an hour watching post-match analyses and reading post-match reviews to see if someone had a decent explanation for that. Didn't read any. I don't care about his PK scoring rate, you don't have strikers on the team who need the goals to boost their confidence & tally, and have a defender take penalties.

It is distasteful. Especially when both strikers are excellent PK takers.

Bale is the talisman in the team, he should take the PKs. Barring that, there's Benzema. If Lope can't set his foot down on that, then there's a problem. Because we all know Bale and Benz are too meek to go at Ramos for that.

That's how Bale was taking corner kicks in the late stages of the game when he was needed in the box attacking said crosses.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by diadem10: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2018
See wailing. Lol.

Personally, I think Lope's love for Isco will be the end of him because I see no reason why Asensio was substituted while Isco was still allowed on the pitch. At least, Asensio gave Madrid a threatening look at times and had his moment irrespective of him missing a huge chance to score but Isco on the other hand was just plain useless.

I don't even know why Isco was deployed in the midfield sef 'cos he offers nothing there. If he was on the wing, at least his dribbling would have taken the focus from others but in the midfield, he's simply useless. Ceballos should have debutised for Modric, not Isco. Better still, Isco should have been subbed off earlier in the game, not Asensio.

Another was subbing on an attacking midfielder for the injured Casiemiro when it should have been either Valverde or Llorente. I think that mistake opened the floodgate for Atletico 'cos Kroos had to focus more on defending than controlling and we all know he's not great in that aspect of his game. And the worse was even subbing Kroos off for Mayoral. Lol I laughed out loud when I saw that.

In essence, Lope's love for these spanish cunts, most especially Isco will be the end of him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
diadem10:
See wailing. Lol.

Personally, I think Lope's love for Isco will be the end of him because I see no reason why Asensio was substituted while Isco was still allowed on the pitch. At least, Asensio gave Madrid a threatening look at times and had his moment irrespective of him missing a huge chance to score but Isco on the other hand was just plain useless.

I don't even know why Isco was deployed in the midfield sef 'cos he offers nothing there. If he was on the wing, at least his dribbling would have taken the focus from others but in the midfield, he's simply useless. Ceballos should have debutised for Modric, not Isco. Better still, Isco should have been subbed off earlier in the game, not Asensio.

Another was subbing on an attacking midfielder for the injured Casiemiro when it should have been either Valverde or Llorente. I think that mistake opened the floodgate for Atletico 'cos Kroos had to focus more on defending than controlling and we all know he's not great in that aspect of his game. And the worse was even subbing Kroos off for Mayoral. Lol I laughed out loud when I saw that.

In essence, Lope's love for these spanish cunts, most especially Isco will be the end of him.
How dare you say spanish players are favoured!!!!

Bloody CR7 FAN! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2018
diadem10:
See wailing. Lol.

According to them, all of that is in our heads. It's not real.

liveLongNprospa:

grin grin grin

/s

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by diadem10: 2:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
liveLongNprospa:

lol. You're being sarcastic right?
Tbh, I don't see what Isco offers in the team. The only spanish midfielder/attacker that looks relevant is Ceballos. Asensio is good on his days but could be selfish. I still prefer Asensio to Isco though.

The funny thing is why Vinicious Jnr wasn't put on while Vasquez, Mayoral, Isco were given enough time to stink everywhere with their nonsense. Even Odegaard ought to be above these 3 in the pecking order.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordAdamX:

You're a f*cking disgrace!
You're free to call me anything you want bro

I don't care about his PK scoring rate, you don't have strikers on the team who need the goals to boost their confidence & tally, and have a defender take penalties.
Bale is the talisman in the team, he should take the PKs. Barring that, there's Benzema.
Good to know you don't care how good they are at PKs, you care more who's taking them. I'm sure the Sao Paulo strikers fume whenever they see Rogerio Ceni (a goalkeeper) coming from his own eighteen to score penalties whenever they're awarded one. I'm sure the Sao Paulo fans too fumed for close to 2 decades wondering why he's stepping up to score penalties when there are "talistman" strikers in the team and some players who needed "confidence"

If Lope can't set his foot down on that, then there's a problem.
If Lope doesn't do exactly as you want then there's a problem. makes me wonder why you're not the one in the dugout. You my good sir are a special snowflake, aren't you?

Because we all know Bale and Benz are too meek to go at Ramos for that.
I'm sure you're in their head to have known that.

That's how Bale was taking corner kicks in the late stages of the game when he was needed in the box attacking said crosses.

-Lord

The way people talk sometimes makes me wonder why we hired Lope instead of them with all the tactical knowhow they display here
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by diadem10: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordAdamX:

According to them, all of that is in our heads. It's not real.

grin grin grin
/s
-Lord
lol. It wouldn't be a problem if they were good sef.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2018
Julen Lopetegui confirms Real Madrid will have 3 goalkeepers this season, so that means two goalies will leave.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Good to know you don't care how good they are at PKs, you care more who's taking them. I'm sure the Sao Paulo strikers fume whenever they see Rogerio Ceni coming from his own eighteen to score penalties. I'm sure the Sao Paulo fans too fumed for close to 2 decades wondering why he's stepping up to score penalties when there are "talistman" strikers in the team and some players who needed "confidence"

If Lope doesn't do exactly as you want then there's a problem. makes me wonder why you're not the one in the dugout. You my good sir are a special snowflake, aren't you?
I'm sure you're in their head to have known that

The way people talk sometimes makes me wonder why we hired Lope instead of them with all the tactical knowhow they display here

my chest grin grin grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2018
Miremoses1:
Julen Lopetegui confirms Real Madrid will have 3 goalkeepers this season, so that means two goalies will leave.

Luca and Casilla should not let the door hit them on their way out

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
Vini and Bale in training today.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Good to know you don't care how good they are at PKs, you care more who's taking them. I'm sure the Sao Paulo strikers fume whenever they see Rogerio Ceni (a goalkeeper) coming from his own eighteen to score penalties whenever they're awarded one. I'm sure the Sao Paulo fans too fumed for close to 2 decades wondering why he's stepping up to score penalties when there are "talistman" strikers in the team and some players who needed "confidence"

I'm sure you're in their head to have known that.

So you took an outlier from a Y-team and want to use that as justification for a practice that runs affront to European standards. Really smart of you! And what about the analysts opinion? No reply to that I see, I'm pretty sure you're smarter.

No, Ramos should not take it. Navas should come and take it as well.

Shebi Lope smartly placed Ceballos as a replacement for the injured Casemiro and we conceded 3 goals ba. That's the special step to take, since him being in the dugout means he is an infallible AI.

And it's impressive that you can talk about being a special snowflake with a straight face since you're oblivious to the irony. Who was it that came on this thread and started "pre-emptively" attacking CR7 fans because he was enraged by reactions at an offline viewing center? Yea, it's me right.

Continue disgracing yourself. It's in you!

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
Miremoses1:

Thank you J Lo.

I no 1 hear say na loan o especially on top that Casilla matter.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordAdamX:

So you took an outlier from a Y-team and want to use that as justification for a practice that runs affront to European standards. Really smart of you! And what about the analysts opinion? No reply to that I see, I'm pretty sure you're smarter.

No, Ramos should not take it. Navas should come and take it as well.

Shebi Lope smartly placed Ceballos as a replacement for the injured Casemiro and we conceded 3 goals ba. That's the special step to take, since him being in the dugout means he is an infallible AI.

And it's impressive that you can talk about being a special snowflake with a straight face since you're oblivious to the irony. Who was it that came on this thread and started "pre-emptively" attacking CR7 fans because he was enraged by reactions at an offline viewing center? Yea, it's me right.

Continue disgracing yourself. It's in you!

-Lord

Those analysts are analysts for a reason. If they have Lope's knowledge they wouldn't be analysts. analysts are just barely more knowledgeable than the average fans only they get to spill their opinion to many others

and what has Europe got to do with anything? are they playing handball or Golf at Sao Paulo FC? what about Everton that Leighton Baines is their penalty taker? or is Everton an African club or Baines a striker? Was Liverpool an Asian club when Xabi Alonso was their designated PK taker the season they won UCL or was Xabi a striker

I never called Lope infallible, I said he knows better than you and that's a fact. He trains with these players, watch them take PKs in training and chose to let Ramos take the high stake PK which he dispatched. You have never been to Ciudad or even Valdebebas let alone watch them train PKs but you think you know better about real Madrid's best PK taker? Professor Charles Xavier who also knows Benzema and Bale are too timid to complain

Navas might as well take the PKs, I don't care if he's the one taking it or even Odriozola. I care more if the ball end up in the back of the opponent's posts and that's how coaches too think unless the game is far gone so they can get sentimental like Mourinho screaming for Chelsea players to let Kezman take PK, Ronaldo handling Benzema PK to score and get confidence, Messi passing to Suarez, Henry passing to Pires etc. When the PK is an important one sentiments are thrown out and rightly so

If Bale and Benz are looking for confidence then let them wait till an unimportant PK comes up or if they think they're better than Ramos at PKs then let them show it in training or complain to the coach and/or Perez themselves. Absence any of these, anyone who's hating the coach under the guise of feeling bad for our strikers who "need confidence" should get their coaching badges and unseat Lope
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

PK was awarded, Ramos stepped up and dispatched it but you guys are still complaining. makes me wonder what would've happened if he missed. I guess if he missed it would've been the golden opportunity for "some Madridistas" to blame our sale of Ronaldo for the miss too (yes, I brought him up again) and/or say he's favouring "Spanish players" to the detriment of the team. he scored and that still doesn't stop the complain

Its amazing how you reach some conclusions.

Where did I or anyone accuse or blame Lope of letting Ramos take the penalty.

All comments so far is just around the fact that its not normal for a defender to be the first penalty taker in the team when you have able super star strikers in the same squad.

A striker scoring a penalty boosts his confidence levels. What is the reason for a defender?

And you still had to link it to your arch Nemesis. What an irony that CR is the problem to a so-called Real Madrid fan even after he has left.
smh. *sighs

You are highly imaginative, sadly in an absurd and unexpected direction.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2018
diadem10:
See wailing. Lol.

The only fault I have for Lope is bringing on Ceballos for Casemiro. Thus leaving the defence open to ATM attacks.
Llorente is still Spanish so blaming him for bringing on Spanish players is just to mock him for his undying love for Spanish gems grin

I have forgotten who said he brought 7 Spanish players to Porto in his term there. Pls can anyone confirm this too. That is the reason for him being accused of sentimentally selective of Spanish players I guess. cheesy

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2018
diadem10:

lol. You're being sarcastic right?
Tbh, I don't see what Isco offers in the team. The only spanish midfielder/attacker that looks relevant is Ceballos. Asensio is good on his days but could be selfish. I still prefer Asensio to Isco though.

The funny thing is why Vinicious Jnr wasn't put on while Vasquez, Mayoral, Isco were given enough time to stink everywhere with their nonsense. Even Odegaard ought to be above these 3 in the pecking order.

He is being sarcastic, if you follow thebteend of the thread

The Odegaard issue is sad though
Really sad.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
Miremoses1:
Navas
Courtois
Lunin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

Its amazing how you reach some conclusions.

Where did I or anyone accuse or blame Lope of letting Ramos take the penalty.

All comments so far is just around the fact that its not normal for a defender to be the first penalty taker in the team when you have able super star strikers in the same squad.

But he scored! why is that a reason to complain again? It might be unusual but so long he scored it shouldn't accompany complains on how we lost the match!

A striker scoring a penalty boosts his confidence levels. What is the reason for a defender?
Maybe he's better than them at PKs and showed it in training? I mean as a fan I don't care who takes high stake PK so long they score at the end. it could be goalkeeper for all I care

also, a striker trying to build confidence with a high stakes PK but misses it would have his confidence shattered further. let's not act like its a given for Bale and Benz to score just because Ramos scored. There are times to give penalties to players trying to boost confidence like when the lead is unassailable not in a cup final when the score is level against fukking atletico
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
LordAdamX:

I think he left for multiple reasons.

-Lord

That's the word.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Those analysts are analysts for a reason. If they have Lope's knowledge they wouldn't be analysts. analysts are just barely more knowledgeable than the average fans only they get to spill their opinion to many others

and what has Europe got to do with anything? are they playing handball or Golf at Sao Paulo FC? what about Everton that Leighton Baines is their penalty taker? or is Everton an African club or Baines a striker? Was Liverpool an Asian club when Xabi Alonso was their designated PK taker the season they won UCL or was Xabi a striker

I never called Lope infallible, I said he knows better than you and that's a fact. He trains with these players, watch them take PKs in training and chose to let Ramos take the high stake PK which he dispatched. You have never been to Ciudad or even Valdebebas let alone watch them train PKs but you think you know better about real Madrid's best PK taker? Professor Charles Xavier who also knows Benzema and Bale are too timid to complain

Navas might as well take the PKs, I don't care if he's the one taking it or even Odriozola. I care more if the ball end up in the back of the opponent's posts and that's how coaches too think unless the game is far gone so they can get sentimental like Mourinho screaming for Chelsea players to let Kezman take PK, Ronaldo handling Benzema PK to score and get confidence, Messi passing to Suarez, Henry passing to Pires etc. When the PK is an important one sentiments are thrown out and rightly so

If Bale and Benz are looking for confidence then let them wait till an unimportant PK comes up or if they think they're better than Ramos at PKs then let them show it in training or complain to the coach and/or Perez themselves. Absence any of these, anyone who's hating the coach under the guise of feeling bad for our strikers who "need confidence" should get their coaching badges and unseat Lope

Tell me a top 5 team that their prime penalty taker is a defender in any top European league.

Xabi Alonso is not a defender.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

But he scored! why is that a reason to complain again? It might be unusual but so long he scored it shouldn't accompany complains on how we lost the match!

Maybe he's better than them at PKs and showed it in training? I mean as a fan I don't care who takes high stake PK so long they score at the end. it could be goalkeeper for all I care

also, a striker trying to build confidence with a high stakes PK but misses it would have his confidence shattered further. let's not act like its a given for Bale and Benz to score just because Ramos scored. There are times to give penalties to players trying to boost confidence like when the lead is unassailable not in a cup final when the score is level against fukking atletico

Yes he scored.
No issues at that.

But to what end would you have a striker on the pitch that is yet to score and it is he defender that is committing blunders that steps up to take the Penalty kick.

Is it to boost his confidence too?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

Tell me a top 5 team that their prime penalty taker is a defender in any top European league.

Xabi Alonso is not a defender.

Xabi Alonso was not a striker and that's my point! they had strikers in the team and even Gerrard was there but he was the one taking them despite being a defensive midfielder or would Casimiro taking it have been more okay for you guys?

I don't see the relevance of your question though. if any of those top 5 European teams are not using defenders then it means their defenders are not their best penalty takers. BTW Ramos takes PK for La Roja too or is La Roja not a top European team? if your defender shows he's better at PKs than your strikers then the defender should take the duties regardless of the position he plays because at the end that he scores is what matters.

Honestly, you guys are just dragging this discussion unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by diadem10: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

The only fault I have for Lope is bringing on Ceballos for Casemiro. Thus leaving the defence open to ATM attacks.
Llorente is still Spanish so blaming him for bringing on Spanish players is just to mock him for his undying love for Spanish gems grin

I have forgotten who said he brought 7 Spanish players to Porto in his term there. Pls can anyone confirm this too. That is the reason for him being accused of sentimentally selective of Spanish players I guess. cheesy
The thing is he knows Ceballos can do much more based on his pre season performance and that was why he brought him in but the question is at whose' expense? It should be at the expense of Isco who had a horrible preseason (not like I think he can offer anything even if he didn't have a poor preseason) but the point is Lope wanted to have his cake and eat it as well.

Personally, I think the team that started against Juve excluding Isco should have played against Atletico. The likes of Marcelo, Isco, even Casimero et al were still unfit. Besides, Isco shouldn't be starting in top matches. His uselessness is getting exposed nowadays especially when the team isn't winning.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2018
usbcable:

Yes he scored.
No issues at that.

But to what end would you have a striker on the pitch that is yet to score and it is he defender that is committing blunders that steps up to take the Penalty kick.
Because that he committed blunders doesn't suddenly diminish his PK taking abilities. If Ronaldo misses 5 sitters in a match and his team gets given PK he would still be the one to take it (see: league match against malaga 2014 which he missed 5 sitters, got pk then scored and apologised to the fans for his earlier misses)
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're now comparing us to Everton? And Alonso is now a defender? All of these are outliers. Are you familiar with that concept?

So what Thiago should take the penalty instead of Neymar or Cavani in PSG. Kompany instead of Aguero. Hummels instead of Lewandowski, Ribery, or Robben? If Messi isn't on the pitch, Pique should take it?

Do you even read what you type? Benzema had 11 goals in total last season. CR7 even had to give him a PK to score at some point. Now he gets a good thing going for him and should have had a double considering he even helped draw the penalty foul and a defender gets to take a penalty while he is on the pitch. Let's not talk about Bale who was our star player on the pitch and should have had a goal after such a performance. We just lost a 50-goal player and we're expecting these attackers to pitch in with more goals. Penalties is their bread and butter, and you are going to give our penalties to a defender. Same defender whose errors were partly responsible for 2 goals.

Seriously, are you feeling okay?

Then you talk about him scoring the penalty. I've seen Benzema score better penalties.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Because that he committed blunders doesn't suddenly diminish his PK taking abilities. If Ronaldo misses 5 sitters in a match and his team gets given PK he would still be the one to take it (see: league match against malaga 2014 which he missed 5 sitters, got pk then scored and apologised to the fans for his earlier misses)

Great and Ronaldo is a defender too right?

-Lord

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1833) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman, cephasdultimate and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.