Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,617 members, 7,861,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1174242 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

You'd first ask if he watched the match. A team that took their chances would have scored. Same way we should have had more goals.

This is what they'd do throughout this season. Every unfavorable informed prediction must be from a hater. Ignore when you can.

-Lord

You're funny, where did I call Miremoses a hater?
I gave a playful banter at his prediction having had the benefit of hindsight and even he saw the humour in it judging by his reply.

Why so serious?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

Interestingly, we may not do worse in the goal scoring department in the league. CR7 only scored 26 goals in La Liga as he played fewer games than usual and had a bad run for some time. As long as Bale stays fit, Benzema retains his sharpness, and the others pitch in (Asensio and co.), scoring goals shouldn't be our problem against Spanish opposition. We now play free-flowing possession football which has been Barca's secret in winning the league. You keep the ball, opposition get fewer chances.

I have high hopes for Lope and the team, just wish the board will give him the additional striker (sic squad depth) he desperately needs. We don't need CR7 to win 70+% of our matches.

-Lord

Bale staying fit and Benzema retaining his sharpness is a big ask though and that's the problem that would hit our goalscoring stats but I agree if Benz keeps this up and Bale is available for about 90% of our league matches we would score a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2018
Ya we won, against a Getafe side that looked less concerned about moving forward.

Also no one is talking about getting a new striker,we only managed to get 3 shots on target in the whole 90mins. We need a striker, we can't keep our hopes on benzema, we still have a long way to go.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You're funny, where did I call Miremoses a hater?
I gave a playful banter at his prediction having had the benefit of hindsight and even he saw the humour in it judging by his reply.

Why so serious?

I don't remember such a playful banter after the UCL final when many here wanted to crucify Zizzou for not starting Bale, only for it to turn out fine in the end. Eventually, some of us were like "eesh, that was a close one."

It's a prediction, what's the use of the banter (playful or otherwise). Are we really getting to a point where folks can't make predictions without expecting a knock (cheeky or not) afterwards?

You also did the "Spanish" thing. That's a playful banter too?

The way you guys will be tiptoeing. And when someone turns on the light, you'd go like "no I wasn't heading to the kitchen, I was just heading to the bathroom which is in the opposite direction..."

grin

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
Ya we won, against a Getafe side that looked less concerned about moving forward.

Also no one is talking about getting a new striker,we only managed to get 3 shots on target in the whole 90mins. We need a striker, we can't keep our hopes on benzema, we still have a long way to go.

I think everyone regardless of whatever section of the fanbase they're in knows we need a striker. hopefulLandlord has said so times with number, and he's our resident chief fringe fan. Only Perez and Sanchez would be surprised about that stat you quoted.

The rest of us are like what are you expecting.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:08am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

Interestingly, we may not do worse in the goal scoring department in the league. Last season was one of our worse yet in terms of goal scoring. CR7 only scored 26 goals in La Liga as he played fewer games than usual and had a bad run for some time. As long as Bale stays fit, Benzema retains his sharpness, and the others pitch in (Asensio and co.), scoring goals shouldn't be our problem against Spanish opposition. We now play free-flowing possession football which has been Barca's secret in winning the league. You keep the ball, opposition get fewer chances.

I have high hopes for Lope and the team, just wish the board will give him the additional striker (sic squad depth) he desperately needs. We don't need CR7 to win 70+% of our matches.

-Lord

Anyone who reads that post directed at Miremoses would know its playful banter. its pretty obvious that it doesn't even need all these sermon of yours and I said it because he used "10/10". Don't be so stuck up. even he saw the humour

Yes, the post about favouring Spanish players was a sarcastic dig at people who would've brought it up had we lost or drew the match
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

I think everyone regardless of whatever section of the fanbase they're in knows we need a striker. hopefulLandlord has said so times with number, and he's our resident chief fringe fan. Only Perez and Sanchez would be surprised about that stat you quoted.

The rest of us are like what are you expecting.

-Lord
lets wait and see. Btw papa p still wants to bring in Neymar before the transfer window closes, that is if UEFA finds PSG guilty for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
lets wait and see. Btw papa p still wants to bring in Neymar before the transfer window closes, that is if UEFA finds PSG guilty for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations.

Neymar is not happening this season and Neymar isn't really a striker we need

we need a complete striker with amazing finishing ability. a player like Harry Kane
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2018
Toni Kroos had 98% passing accuracy.
He attempted 119 passes and had 117 successful passes.
Attempted 16 long balls and completed all of them.

Maestro Kroos cool

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
Toni Kroos had 98% passing accuracy.
He attempted 119 passes and had 117 successful passes.
Attempted 16 long balls and completed all of them.

Maestro Kroos cool

the highest percentage of any Real Madrid player in a La Liga game with 100+ passes attempted (since 2005/06). Control. - OptaJose on Twitter

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

the highest percentage of any Real Madrid player in a La Liga game with 100+ passes attempted (since 2005/06). Control. - OptaJose on Twitter

Awesome. Our play yesterday was nice in terms of possession and how quickly we recoverd possession immediately we lose it especially in the first half.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Anyone who reads that post directed at Miremoses would know its playful banter. its pretty obvious that it doesn't even need all these sermon of yours and I said it because he used "10/10". Don't be so stuck up. even he saw the humour

Yes, the post about favouring Spanish players was a sarcastic dig at people who would've brought it up had we lost or drew the match

That's half my issue with you. If we had lost or drew the match, some section of the fanbase would have shone a spotlight on his team selection, and rightly so. For many before the game, the experiment was unnecessary knowing that we just got humiliated by our bitter city rivals, and we needed an unequivocally strong start to the league in light of our competition and how last season started.

Lope's Spanish favoritism isn't an urban myth. It's factual. So he's lucky it went well in the end. If it didn't, he'd have been taken to the chopping block and for good reason. And this is not exclusive to Lope. Many here last season decried Zidane's stubbornness, and if he hadn't won the UCL; he prolly would have been sacked. And that's a coach that gave us a B2B UCL and double in decades.

Everyone knows Lope isn't getting any favors from the board's insistence on not strengthening the squad depth; but that doesn't mean he gets free rein to pursue a Spanish bias. And a million sarcastic digs from you wouldn't change that. Better get used to it; like we've gotten accustomed to the fact that you're anti-CR7.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:18am On Aug 20, 2018
Good Morning here... I want to inform you guys.

Im off to Juventus... It was a great time here.

#ForzaJuve

I will miss Marcelo, Modric, Vasquez and Big Benz. grin grin

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1... LordAdamX... And others see you in the UCL

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:

Perez is in a very comfortable position. Nothing is remotely threatening his Presidency from the politics side of things. Then even if we still had CR7 and the squad was beefed up, a UCL trophy is not assured and Barca could theoretically still top us by three or less points in the league as has often been the case in recent years; and we don't really need a special squad to win the CdR.

So from where they sit, crisis is only when we don't make the UCL SF, not finish in the top 2 for the second time, and not win the CdR this season. And even with the loss of CR7 and our relatively shallow squad; the possibility of all 3 happening this season is slim.

All of this is compounded by the fact that a section of the fan base don't want to tackle the board.

And that's the conundrum. We'd need to have a sh*t season first before this board starts seeing the obvious. Because all it takes for this behavior to continue next summer is for us to win a CdR, or finish in the top 2, or have a UCL SF. Only one is enough.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Au Revoir. It was nice having you around.

I'm hoping Real Madrid and Juventus do not meet in the UCL; it'd be like a Portugal-Nigeria or Spain-Nigeria fixture to me.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Topmaike007(m): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2018
monerozi5590:
I am so happy for the clean sheet. Nice performance boys.
also happy that we played well
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

Au Revoir. It was nice having you around.

I'm hoping Real Madrid and Juventus do not meet in the UCL; it'd be like a Portugal-Nigeria or Spain-Nigeria fixture to me.

-Lord

I hope so too... But I hope you win Laliga and Copa Del Rey. grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Topmaike007(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
I'm really against the last hours la liga matches are been played, the chief and the board of liga should do something about that.

Even tony kroos is against it too.
I am also against it
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:35am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

That's half my issue with you. If we had lost or drew the match, some section of the fanbase would have shone a spotlight on his team selection, and rightly so. For many before the game, the experiment was unnecessary knowing that we just got humiliated by our bitter city rivals, and we needed an unequivocally strong start to the league in light of our competition and how last season started.

Lope's Spanish favoritism isn't an urban myth. It's factual. So he's lucky it went well in the end. If it didn't, he'd have been taken to the chopping block and for good reason. And this is not exclusive to Lope. Many here last season decried Zidane's stubbornness, and if he hadn't won the UCL; he prolly would have been sacked. And that's a coach that gave us a B2B UCL and double in decades.

Everyone knows Lope isn't getting any favors from the board's insistence on not strengthening the squad depth; but that doesn't mean he gets free rein to pursue a Spanish bias. And a million sarcastic digs from you wouldn't change that. Better get used to it; like we've gotten accustomed to the fact that you're anti-CR7.

-Lord

You think he's favouring Spanish players, I disagree. I think we've argued this before so no need for that again

many of those that think he's favouring Spanish players would look at that lineup and make a mental image of bringing it up if we didn't win or play well. we won so they couldn't bring it up

Anytime we lose or draw it would be brought up over and over again so those times we win is an opportunity for me to take digs at those that would've brought it up otherwise. Let me enjoy those moments in peace.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Topmaike007(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

Interestingly, we may not do worse in the goal scoring department in the league. Last season was one of our worse yet in terms of goal scoring. CR7 only scored 26 goals in La Liga as he played fewer games than usual and had a bad run for some time. As long as Bale stays fit, Benzema retains his sharpness, and the others pitch in (Asensio and co.), scoring goals shouldn't be our problem against Spanish opposition. We now play free-flowing possession football which has been Barca's secret in winning the league. You keep the ball, opposition get fewer chances.

-Lord
I agree with you bro, just want to see vinicius jnr play
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2018
KinzyeWriter:
Good Morning here... I want to inform you guys.

Im off to Juventus... It was a great time here.

Good riddance! I like your sincerity
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Topmaike007(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

I don't remember such a playful banter after the UCL final when many here wanted to crucify Zizzou for not starting Bale, only for it to turn out fine in the end. Eventually, some of us were like "eesh, that was a close one."

It's a prediction, what's the use of the banter (playful or otherwise). Are we really getting to a point where folks can't make predictions without expecting a knock (cheeky or not) afterwards?

You also did the "Spanish" thing. That's a playful banter too?

The way you guys will be tiptoeing. And when someone turns on the light, you'd go like "no I wasn't heading to the kitchen, I was just heading to the bathroom which is in the opposite direction..."

grin

-Lord
funny you
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You think he's favouring Spanish players, I disagree. I think we've argued this before so no need for that again

many of those that think he's favouring Spanish players would look at that lineup and make a mental image of bringing it up if we didn't win or play well. we won so they couldn't bring it up

Anytime we lose or draw it would be brought up over and over again so those times we win is an opportunity for me to take digs at those that would've brought it up otherwise. Let me enjoy those moments in peace.

Fair enough.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Hopefully we meet in final so I can watch Ramos lift the big eared trophy again only this time Ronaldo would look on with disappointment. its a pity Ronaldo and Kovačić would not join the likes of Isco, Benz, Bale, Ramos, Marcelo etc as players that won 4 straight UCL titles
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Topmaike007(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2018
Miremoses1:
but to say the truth do we still need neymar, why not get someone like Kane that thirst to score goals
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2018
In as much as I would have loved him to stay...

It was a perfect decision for him.. And favors both RM and CR7

We know Real Madrid don't hold old players... And Cr7 doesn't want to leave Europe any time soon... He had to leave for where he can get that chance of staying as long as he wishes.

Zizou left, Perez wahala and tax problem... He's won everything... There is absolutely nothing to left to achieve in RM... He needed new challenges, he wants to feel like he is just starting out again.

I don't know if he holds the agenda of trying to prove himself in Italy but if he can it will be an addition to his great career.

Real Madrid are gonna be fine... Especially with a new coach and a new team sitting... If Perez can spend on big players up front you won't miss the GOAT.

I wish you Success against any team but not against Cr7 Juve wink
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefully we meet in final so I can watch Ramos lift the big eared trophy again only this time Ronaldo would look on with disappointment. its a pity Ronaldo and Kovačić would not join the likes of Isco, Benz, Bale, Ramos, Marcelo etc as players that won 4 straight UCL titles

I hope if the fans leaving screenshot this statement and use it to troll us if this doesn't happen, you'll call it playful banter?

I wonder why everything has to be confrontational.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2018
LordAdamX:

I hope if the fans leaving screenshot this statement and use it to troll us if this doesn't happen, you'll call it playful banter?

I wonder why everything has to be confrontational.

-Lord

How dare I "hope" something awesome happens to a club I support?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Wha?

[img]https://media./images/86f3b65249fbaca12e142281558c06ac/tenor.gif[/img]

One advice for JP.. He should play the Zizou way against Juventus and not the barca way... Because possesion football no dey fear Juve. This one you dey pass pass pass just to get 3 shots on target no be am o... My one cent grin

[img]https://media1./images/483c3c8663ba92a2d30d29d9a6f27d73/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Na Zizou and Cr7 Madrid dey beat Juve... Be your strikers to turn up against the very best defence in the world Chiellini and Bonucci

Let's see what Lope Madrid can do
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Wha?
One advice for JP.. He should play the Zizou way against Juventus and not the barca way... Because possesion football no dey fear Juve. This one you dey pass pass pass just to get 3 shots on target no be am o... My one cent grin
I'm okay with 3 shots on target if we score at least 2 of them and not concede more than one

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.