Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1161878 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
It's surprising how reluctant
Florentino Perez has been to create a big splash with a new signing, while Zidane - who has earned the right to do as he pleases - continues to make strange decisions which never cease to amaze.

More people have started seeing the light.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by airmark(m): 5:16am On Jul 28, 2019
usbcable:
he is an Arsenal fan right?

Barcelona fan. Most of them are dull like that.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:51am On Jul 28, 2019
Obviously, Zidane has been the subject of criticism too. The season is yet to start, but Madrid already appear to be rowing against the current.

Copied that part from Marca.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 6:13am On Jul 28, 2019
Yeah that’s one of the biggest debates on this sub right now. Many people who are defending Zidane are only doing so because he’s won with us in the past. A lot of those people can’t even tell us the current or past tactics that Zidane uses. Talking about the past isn’t going to win for us now.

That up there was someone's post on reddit.

I guess i am not the only one criticising the tactless apari coach.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 6:26am On Jul 28, 2019
Miremoses1:
just get Van de beek ffs. I have been sending mails to our club email address, telling them how good the lad is and that he will add energy to that midfield grin

I dont know if uts VDB oooo. But we surely need energy in that mifield. Young vibrant energetic person and that surely would not come from Pogba that coach is chasing upandan doing like a rich Arsene Wenger
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2019
airmark:

Barcelona fan. Most of them are dull like that.

Yea most (especially those bearing players monikers) are truly dumb
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Modric is injured
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by CrystalTiger(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
Why exactly did Madrid sell Kovacic?..Also very willing to bin James, two good talents that they could use to revamp their midfield..
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
Bale's move to china has been cancelled. cheesy
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by andrew444(m): 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Miremoses1:

After Cr7 Na this guy for Madrid ,zidane can only misbehave but can't take it away from him

I will take hazard serious when he gets bale Madrid stats within 4 seasons ,just 78 league goals should not be much for a world class winger in 4 seasons ,an injury free player for that matter

Football is not all about dancing ,get the goals and get the assists.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Miremoses1:

monerozi5590 you happy bout this now right?! cheesy
so now will you give our coach a lil time (few match weeks) before calling for his head?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
CrystalTiger:
Why exactly did Madrid sell Kovacic?..Also very willing to bin James, two good talents that they could use to revamp their midfield..

We can’t keep everyone, too bad
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
FergieRaww:

monerozi5590 you happy bout this now right?! cheesy
so now will you give our coach a lil time (few match weeks) before calling for his head?

FergieRaww, is not about Bale. I am calling for his head because he has no tactics.

Everything about this our team is wrong. The midfield trio of Modric, Casemiro and lazy Kroos can't win spoon in Europe anymore.

We will be overrun in midfield, watch and see.

We will concede goals like basketball this season. A coach that depends on cross and nod football alone. Nonsense!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:

FergieRaww, is not about Bale. I am calling for his head because he has no tactics.

Everything about this our team is wrong. The midfield trio of Modric, Casemiro and lazy Kroos can't win spoon in Europe anymore.

We will be overrun in midfield, watch and see.

We will concede goals like basketball this season. A coach that depends on cross and nod football alone. Nonsense!

We’re definitely getting a quality midfielder this summer plus you can’t just throw away all the midfielders out and get new ones all at once, it takes time (Rome wasn’t built in a day)

Zidane won’t stay in Madrid forever, for the mean time let’s show support, pls this someone’s job we’re praying to get fired lol grin mehn! life ain’t fair!
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
FergieRaww:

We’re definitely getting a quality midfielder this summer plus you can’t just throw away all the midfielders out and get new ones all at once, it takes time (Rome wasn’t built in a day)

Zidane won’t stay in Madrid forever, for the mean time let’s show support, pls this someone’s job we’re praying to get fired lol grin mehn! life ain’t fair!

I understand now sir. I pray we buy midfielders.

Thanks.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:
Lemme echo what other people are saying. CR7 gave Zidane a career.
by "Other people" you mean "Ronaldo fans"
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:
A lot of those people can’t even tell us the current or past tactics that Zidane uses. Talking about the past isn’t going to win for us now.

That's what makes Zidane special. he switches tactics based on the game.

he can suddenly pull a possession game one match and counter the other. short fast passing in one and long balls the other. check out all our UCL wins especially the 2016/17 league matches and see for yourself. this bullsheet about him not being tactical is simply stupid and idiotic revisionism especially by fools who think any coach not as rigid as Pep Guardiola must lack tactics. This is why he took over a treble winning side only to lose 4-0 at home to Answerlotti while his team spent the game passing around. You think a coach that won 3 UCL in a row - something that's never been done before even by coaches who are regarded to be tactical- is tactically unsound? 3 straight years of everyone trying to one up him and need I say he's still never been dumped out of UCL in his coaching career?

ZZ has some faults here and there but saying he lacks tactics is stupidity

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

That's what makes Zidane special. he switches tactics based on the game.

he can suddenly pull a possession game one match and counter the other. short fast passing in one and long balls the other. check out all our UCL wins especially the 2016/17 league matches and see for yourself. this bullsheet about him not being tactical is simply stupid and idiotic revisionism especially by fools who think any coach not as rigid as Pep Guardiola must lack tactics. This is why he took over a treble winning side only to lose 4-0 at home to Answerlotti while his team spent the game passing around.

ZZ has some faults here and there but saying he lacks tactics is stupidity

hopefulLandlord, truth be told we don't know how to play either possession football or counter attacking football. Zidane uses only cross and nod.

Zidane lacks tactics. Our football is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:

hopefulLandlord, truth be told we don't know how to play either possession football or counter attacking football. Zidane uses only cross and nod.

Zidane lacks tactics. Our football is nonsense.
Modrić after beating Rubentus in the UCL final said the reason they won is that Zidane decided not to cross through the air as the Rube players are very good at it. so they spent sometime in training practicing low crosses and flat passes. take a look at three of those goals.

1. Carvajal dummied like he was gonna cross then drilled a low ball to Ronaldo who slotted home with help of a slight deflection

2. Ronaldo's second goal in which Modrić drilled it low to an unmarked Ronaldo when the whole Juve defense was expecting a high cross

3. Marcelo drilling a low pass to Asensio when the whole Juve defense was thinking he'd go to the byline and cross

ZZ pulled several cross and nods because when you have players like Ron, Benz and Bale with Ramos overlapping you stand a very good chance of beating a deep defense.

If its all cross and nod then how come no UCL team has been able to one up him in a knockout competition in 3 straight years? all they need do is manmark players whenever the ball is wide and prepare for crosses but guess what keeps happening?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Modrić after beating Rubentus in the UCL final said the reason they won is that Zidane decided not to cross through the air as the Rube players are very good at it. so they spent sometime in training practicing low crosses and flat passes. take a look at three of those goals.

1. Carvajal dummied like he was gonna cross then drilled a low ball to Ronaldo who slotted home with help of a slight deflection

2. Ronaldo's second goal in which Modrić drilled it low to an unmarked Ronaldo when the whole Juve defense was expecting a high cross

3. Marcelo drilling a low pass to Asensio when the whole Juve defense was thinking he'd go to the byline and cross

ZZ pulled several cross and nods because when you have players like Ron, Benz and Bale with Ramos overlapping you stand a very good chance of beating a deep defense.

If its all cross and nod then how come no UCL team has been able to one up him in a knockout competition in 3 straight years? all they need do is manmark players whenever the ball is wide and prepare for crosses but guess what keeps happening?

I am no CR7 fan but Real Madrid highest goal scorer in CR7 made it happened.

Let's not say further, Zidane will be exposed this season.

My hopes are low. Let's see what he can do without the miracle worker in CR7.

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by patrickmuf(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Maybe you should rather say pattern of play rather than tactics but even then, Madrid under stay employs a variety of patterns depending on the opponent.
I am not of fan of Zidane but saying he isn't tactical or his team doesn't have a pattern of play is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
patrickmuf:
Maybe you should rather say pattern of play rather than tactics but even then, Madrid under stay employs a variety of patterns depending on the opponent.
I am not of fan of Zidane but saying he isn't tactical or his team doesn't have a pattern of play is ridiculous.

Oga kindly tell me our pattern of play. You watched the end of last season and this preseason thus far. Can you tell me our pattern of play. Is it possession or counter attacking football. Because i don't know.

Can you please kindly tell me the tactics Zidane is trying to bring in to the season based on our preseason matches thus far.

Post CR7 era only please.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by hopefulLandlord: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:

Makes me wonder why he didn't "made it happened" for his 3 years under Mou who just won the same competition at inter before taking over a Ronaldo led Madrid

if it were all down to him I wonder why he took a team that made 2 UCL finals in 3 years only to be dumped out in the quarters

could it be there's more to winning UCL than Ronaldo?

7 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
This should be fun...

*grabs popcorn*

@usbcable, Miremoses1; please make space on the couch!

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Makes me wonder why he didn't "made it happened" for his 3 years under Mou who just won the same competition at inter before taking over a Ronaldo led Madrid

if it were all down to him I wonder why he took a team that made 2 UCL finals in 3 years only to be dumped out in the quarters

could it be there's more to winning UCL than Ronaldo?

You can't win it every year but at least you saw his impact at Juventus. Let's see whether Zidane can win it without CR7.

Between i owe this Madrid recent successes to Mourinho.He laid the ground work.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
My criticism of apari started few weeks after he came back.

I even posted Lopetegui, Solari and Zidane statistics after apari returned.

And i asked, why then did we sack Lopetegui?..

Here is what Perez and the Madrid Board said below

The board understands that there is a great difference between the quality of the Real Madrid squad, that has eight players nominated for the Ballon d’Or, unprecedented in the history of the club, and the results achieved until now,” read the club statement.

Zidane came and the results remain the same. If he is so good, why didn't he turn the situation around or why didn't the board sack him?...

CR7 made me believe Zidane was special... can't buy that anymore.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
LordAdamX:
This should be fun...

*grabs popcorn*

@usbcable, Miremoses1; please make space on the couch!

-Lord

Abeg,

i am not interested in a conversation that one persons adrenaline rises and focus about the start of a discussion gets lost, at the mention of one player.

I have stood up you can sit down.

let me enjoy adoring my GOAT in Real Madrid sanctimonious serenity and peace
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:

You can't win it every year but at least you saw his impact at Juventus. Let's see whether Zidane can win it without CR7.

Between i owe this Madrid recent successes to Mourinho.He laid the ground work.

you have not finished eating CR7 wahala you want to drink Mourinho to wash it down.

You like destroying tables grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
monerozi5590:

Let's not say further, Zidane will be exposed this season.

My hopes are low. Let's see what he can do without the miracle worker in CR7.

I don agree nor support the bolded part.

May Zidane bring us joy and happiness with trophies and victories this season
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
usbcable:

Amen
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
usbcable:

Lol. With what i am seeing!.. Where are the midfielders?.

Lazy kroos, aging Modric and one way traffic Casemiro. I just the laugh.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thank you sir sad
let someone get that 7 cleaned up pls
we can’t be letting any juuuu man cheesy wearing that anyhow biko! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1826) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.