Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? (1837 Views)

Making People HAPPY / Does Marriage Destroy Friendship?: Vote / What Effect Does Marriage Have On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2007
i am really confuse

if u have idea, pls teach

am ready 2 learn and know.

thanks.

one love.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by iice(f): 2:38am On Nov 10, 2007
Either or and neither grin
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by almondjoy(f): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2007
Happy people get married---when they are prepared to do so psychologically.

Sad people get married----when they are not prepared to do so psychologically.

Marriage makes some happy--when they are already happy people before they get married and they get married for the right reasons

Marriage makes some people sad--when they are already sad people before they got married and they get married for the wrong reasons.

For some--it is a combination of all of the above depending on where you are at any given point in your life.

Definitely not for everybody.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by cblow(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2007
@ almond joy:
well said.
kpom.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2007
@ almondjoy. thanks

but someone told me that

marriage is about walking in the spirit.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by SOJ(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2007
walking in the spirit?hmm, well, dont know about dat but i think it works both ways, dear.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2007
SOJ:

walking in the spirit?hmm, well, don't know about that but i think it works both ways, dear.

WHAT BOTH WAYS?
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by fatty27: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2007
@Ufo,

are you married or intends to marry? What does walking in the spirit has to do with marriage?
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2007
fatty27:

@Ufo,

are you married or intends to marry? What does walking in the spirit has to do with marriage?

a counsellor said so.

No!

am still single but soon shall be double.

i really have 2 know now.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by fatty27: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2007
You would soon be double? That is great to know. I hope the lucky guy is a nairalander. Right?

That counselor must have a reason to say that. Did he explained?
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2007
fatty27:

You would soon be double? That is great to know. I hope the lucky guy is a nairalander. Right?

That counselor must have a reason to say that. Did he explained?

yes! he is a nairalander.

well, i don't know 4 her. she did not xplain.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by samix(m): 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2007
jonah swallow fish or fish swallow jonah no different since swallow dey. both ways happy pple marry and pple are happy when married
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2007
samix:

jonah swallow fish or fish swallow jonah no different since swallow dey. both ways happy people marry and people are happy when married

thanks.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ariblaze(m): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2007
trust you

ufobabe to

come up with a confusing thread,

so my best shot here goes ,

marriage doesnt necessarily make people happy

and happy people dont necessarily get married

there have being cases of people in wrong marriages where depression sets in,

and also cases (ideal) where the bar of happiness is raised

and some people are happy for the singular fact that they are not married

believe me serial monogamist exists!!
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by rexfx2: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
almondjoy:

Marriage makes some happy--when they are already happy people before they get married and they get married for the right reasons

Marriage makes some people sad--when they are already sad people before they got married and they get married for the wrong reasons.

For some--it is a combination of all of the above depending on where you are at any given point in your life.

i agree with that, i totally do.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2007
almondjoy:

*claps* soo very true grin
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by SweetT1: 1:56am On Nov 12, 2007
@Ibkaye
How would you know? You look like a juvenile ! Shouldn't you be studying for school ?
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by wolexojo(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
ufobabe,dont mind the last poster am sure he got married at age 40. Am sticking with ariblaze the guy has said it all.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by rosquare(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2007
marriage! marriage!! marriage!!!
@ufo
hu could this lucky nairalander guy be?
the guy don win jackpot ooohhh

just wandering why overdue singles are not really hapi.
does it mean that marriage gives some form of hapiness?

also someone once told me that married men are happier
than single guys.does it also apply to women. hw tru is this?

does marriage make pple happy?
are you referring to the PROCESS or the PRODUCT of marriage?

for me i believ your hapiness is your sole decision.either single or
married,make up your mind to be hapi AND YOU SHALL BE HAPI
shi ke na !
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2007
@topic
i guess it goes both wayz.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
rosquare:

marriage! marriage!! marriage!!!
@ufo
hu could this lucky nairalander guy be?
the guy don win jackpot ooohhh

just wandering why overdue singles are not really hapi.
does it mean that marriage gives some form of hapiness?

also someone once told me that married men are happier
than single guys.does it also apply to women. hw tru is this?

does marriage make people happy?
are you referring to the PROCESS or the PRODUCT of marriage?

for me i believ your hapiness is your sole decision.either single or
married,make up your mind to be hapi AND YOU SHALL BE HAPI
shi ke na !

na watin come be ur own naaa?

ok! the guy na ROSQUARE.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
ariblaze:

trust you

ufobabe to

come up with a confusing thread,

so my best shot here goes ,

marriage doesnt necessarily make people happy

and happy people don't necessarily get married

there have being cases of people in wrong marriages where depression sets in,

and also cases (ideal) where the bar of happiness is raised

and some people are happy for the singular fact that they are not married

believe me serial monogamist exists!!

i believe u.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by rosquare(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2007
@ ufobabe
i am honoured.
i think say ONE DAY I GO MAKE AM
i thot i was waitin in vain, but now
it looks like i've made it, look how
far we don go.
i'v updated my profile.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by fatty27: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2007
Rosquare weds ufobabe!

Happy married life. So you guys had been flirting behind the land? No wonder, happy people must get married. I am sure your respective partners are reading this.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by tkb417(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2007
@Almondjoy
ure brilliant and i should have noticed someone like you

@Topic
when i get married, ill be happy cos i would have married someone that will add to the happiness.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2007
fatty27:

Rosquare weds ufobabe!

Happy married life. So you guys had been flirting behind the land? No wonder, happy people must get married. I am sure your respective partners are reading this.

NO BI LIKE THAT OHHHHHH.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2007
rosquare:

@ ufobabe
i am honoured.
i think say ONE DAY I GO MAKE AM
i thot i was waitin in vain, but now
it looks like i've made it, look how
far we don go.
i'v updated my profile.

abeg ohhhhhhhhhh.

no make people begin eye me one kind ohhh.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by rosquare(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2007
chei!!!!
@ ufobabe
y u won break my hart 5mins after saying yes to me?

@tkb417
dont mind her.she is internet shy.
lets toast to my new bride grin grin

i may kissss the bride kiss
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by rosquare(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
sori tkb417,
actualy meant fatty27.
guess i'm just xcited about kissing the bride
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by jlee(m): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2007
rosquare:

sori tkb417,
actualy meant fatty27.
guess i'm just xcited about kissing the bride

don't worry!

u shall kiss enough
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2007
rosquare:

chei!!!!
@ ufobabe
y u won break my hart 5mins after saying yes to me?

don't mind her.she is internet shy.
lets toast to my new bride grin grin

i may kissss the bride kiss

yes!

my lord.
Re: Does Marriage Make People Happy Or Do Happy People Get Married? by ufobabe(f): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
i have seen a married couple not happy. they wish it was just a boyfriend and girlfriend.

i have seen a single brother and sister, they wish it was marriage.

pls i still want 2 learn and know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valentine Gifts For Nigerian Girlz / Am Tired! / I Want To Marry Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.