Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Want To Marry Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Marry Him (1808 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Should Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Marry Him by ngorluv: 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hes 31yrs and am 30.Wev bin dating for 6yrs and our luv is growing stronger.I work wit glo for 2yrs nw and am paid big time.We finishd nysc the same year,but hes yet to get a job.Hes a good guy,respectful and lovin.Since i av a good job and wel paid,i want to marry him nw.House pls advice me on wat to do
Re: I Want To Marry Him by SAGoddess: 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2010
Have you proposed to him yet?
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Brownteeth(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
YESSSSS!!!! Go ahead and marry him even though his jobless as long as you love him and you are well paid. Your guy will surely make it one day. If you do so, that will make you an outstanding modern naija lady. How many old fashioned naija ladies out there can marry men without jobs? marry him jor!
Re: I Want To Marry Him by opsydudu(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2010
6 years is a long time to know if you will marry him.

Stop being confused, marry him, support him and pray that he doesn't act strange when he get a good job
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Geegirly: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
You going to marry him or he going to marry you, that is why some ladies like to fall their hand in the name of marriage PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry Him by adaybola(f): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
opsydudu:

6 years is a long time to know if you will marry him.

Stop being confused, marry him, support him and pray that he doesn't act strange when he get a good job

I'm with you bro!
Re: I Want To Marry Him by femmy2010(m): 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
There is no wrong in that as long as the feeling is mutual.
It would be a great sacrifice and am sure he would aprcte it.
Go for it and best of luck.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Akobaje: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
Better think about it very well. Marriage is not easy especially when children come into the picture. There's no use fighting over money issues early into your marriage. What if something happens and he can't support you? Willl you still be in love? I dont think so. Think girl, reality is what is at stake not sentiments.

I will say if you love him that much wait for a while longer and imagine how things will work out with his current job status. If the job is only a matter of time, like he is a serious person who will make it no matter what, then go for it. If he is a laid back guy or he has issues that cannot be resolved easily, think again.

Lastly whichever decision you make, remind yourself when the time comes to stick by it and not go looking for the other one that might have been. Also remember that the guy has to marry you and not you him. You must be prepared to submit to him even though you are the one paying the bills. Are you ready for that?
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Omolola1(f): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
ngorluv:

Hes 31yrs and am 30.Wev bin dating for 6yrs and our luv is growing stronger.I work wit glo for 2yrs nw and am paid big time.We finishd nysc the same year,but hes yet to get a job.Hes a good guy,respectful and lovin.Since i av a good job and wel paid,i want to marry him nw.House pls advice me on wat to do

did he ask the question "WILL YOU MARRY ME"? or you just sat down and thought it's time you both get married
Re: I Want To Marry Him by adaybola(f): 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2010
Akobaje:

Better think about it very well. Marriage is not easy especially when children come into the picture. There's no use fighting over money issues early into your marriage. What if something happens and he can't support you? Willl you still be in love? I dont think so. Think girl, reality is what is at stake not sentiments.

I will say if you love him that much wait for a while longer and imagine how things will work out with his current job status. If the job is only a matter of time, like he is a serious person who will make it no matter what, then go for it. If he is a laid back guy or he has issues that cannot be resolved easily, think again.

Lastly whichever decision you make, remind yourself when the time comes to stick by it and not go looking for the other one that might have been. Also remember that the guy has to marry you and not you him. You must be prepared to submit to him even though you are the one paying the bills. Are you ready for that?

great advice!
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Blueice4re(f): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
Who is proposing you or him, please think well before u act.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by femmy2010(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
If you are sure money is the only factor delaying his non proposition then nothing wrong with giving him a little push as am sure things would soon work out for him and any good guy would never 4get your good deeds.
Go for it.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by omofat: 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2010
ngorluv:

1. Has he asked you to marry him?
2. How does he feel about getting married without a job?

Male ego usually precludes most guys from agreeing to marry without a job while the madam goes out to work. If both of you are in agreement then personally I don't see anything wrong. The way you describe him, it sounds like he's a decent chap and only a matter of time before he finds his feet.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by otokx(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2010
which one be "male ego"; that is a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by omofat: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2010
Which part worry you for there? - the "ego" or the "male ego"? - ok no vex, i rephrase,

"Ego usually precludes most guys , "

Happy ?

or hell still dey burn for ya mind ??
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Spyker: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
It takes two to tango. Is it your decision to get married because you are financially capable or he wants and has proposed to marry you only that finance is the problem.
You cannot not buy love with money and married should be built on love and nothing more. Hope both of you are in agreement before you act so that you won't hear "i married you because i had no choice and was jobless".
Re: I Want To Marry Him by mankevo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
Most of the advise there are superb! Read through,underline important phrases,sleep over them and conclude. But remember
1, Reality is what is at stake,no room for sentiment
2, He is the man,he is the one to propose (u may bring issue that may prompt him anyway)
3, You must be submisive to him not minding that u are the one providing

when these conditions are settled in your mind, u can save some fund and set up a business for him (he might av not been created an employee,but an employer)

His business start up must not be Gigantic,start with fast-fund-recycling business(depending on ur location,u may consult an investment advisor) or post for business advice,I will help out free. Good Luck
Re: I Want To Marry Him by ngorluv: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2010
Wev bin together for 6yrs,and getting married has bin one of our plans together.Its just dis job thing.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Agibecky: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
ngorluv:

Please, marry him.
The future is greater.

God bless your marriage.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by femmy2010(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
If getting married is a two of you thing then go for it.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Travelista(f): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
The OP didn't mention the guy being hard-working; I'm sorry but he lacks a job and she doesn't say a word about him trying to hustle for one. RED FLAG! I hope the OP isn't settling; 6 years is a long time and she can probably do better. She works for GLO and I'm sure she has been in contact with good men with actual jobs. I can't even imagine such foolishness: I'm the breadwinner AND I have to propose? She might as well exchange genitals with her boyfriend and call it a day. undecided
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Mayflowa(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ Travelista,
U are so unrealistic. The world is fast changing and women just have as equal an opportunity as men if not brighter for success. Women are no longer kept in the kitchen as in bible days. Think again. If can not support ur love to achieve ur dream when you are capable, u are just selfish! Finding job in Nigeria is God' blessings. A lot of graduates have travelled the length and breadth of this country writing job tests and attending interview, yet the meager-paying jobs are still elusive to them.
I thought u'd be advising the poster to set the guy up in business. This is called TRUE love. Many partners lack it!
Re: I Want To Marry Him by dmj2009: 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
since you love each other there in nothing bad. you can go ahead. however, you have to manage the situation very well and carefully after wedding and make sure he secure a job at all cost. Good luck! http://sinceredatingsecretsexposed.com
Re: I Want To Marry Him by topup: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
Go for it, it seems like you're implying that he's broke, so there should be some reason not to get married, bu you only live once, marry if you both agree and love each other.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by ngorluv: 4:18am On Jul 17, 2010
hes hardworking.has bin tryn to get business ideas here and there.he is on the lookout for a job.he has neva stopped writing applications.i also play my own part trying to get people to help but where is the job.most responses i get are promises.its nt easy.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by omega25red(m): 4:44am On Jul 17, 2010
you can marry him but i wonder if his ego can take that right now seeing as he is not settled financially yet. if i were you i would thred lightly with this your getting paid well talk. I think before you do anything talk about the idea of the two of you getting married and see what he says.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by papa190(m): 6:35am On Jul 17, 2010
Just Go ahead and marry him~
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Divab(f): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2010
First of all, is d idea of getting married from YOU or Him, Have you discussed the issues with him, Is he mentally & psycologically ready to allow you to bear the financial burden prior to his getting a job? you have to get ur priorities right here, otherwise do not take away the joy of marrying the babe he loves from Him.

Girlie, its emotionally draining for Him not able to take care of you as his gf now, why torture him with this marriage stuff, Give him time to get a job and be the man in your life pls. yeah you have a job big time, what abt tom? nobody prays for the worse. can you handly supporting him and kids if things doesnt go as planned? Dont call him a lazy bones tom, if he relaxes and allows you to play the independent strong woman.

The pride of every man is to provide and make his woman/family happy, Are you willingly to pay the price of a wounded pride?

I wish you the best in whatever decision, but remember you made it and the consequences, you live with them good or bad,
Re: I Want To Marry Him by ngorluv: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2010
@divab,tanx 4d advice.U ar getn it wrong.Am nt forcing it on ,neither is he.Its a decision wev made together and hes ok wit it.We ar both mature and nt teenagers.Weu known each other 4löng and xters.He wud always b d man in control no matter wat
Re: I Want To Marry Him by femmy2010(m): 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2010
My sister,
No need for debate,go for it and God willing things would get much better than it is now.Amen.
Re: I Want To Marry Him by Pweety4me(f): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2010
Does he want 2 marry you?is he even thinking about marriage since he is unemployed?
Re: I Want To Marry Him by chordilya(f): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2010
u can help with ur post to get him a job or open a shop 4 him''''' if u want 2 marry him be fast cos u dont ve all d time in d world,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: / Is Keeping Your Ex's Picture Good Or Bad? / In This Modern Age Is It Wise 4 One To Love With One's Whole Heart.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.