Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

She Is Scared Of Marraige - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is Scared Of Marraige (1221 Views)

Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / He Has Only Done It Once In 5years Of Their Courtship. He Is Scared. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Is Scared Of Marraige by outline: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
She wants to marry a nerd because shes scared of cheating husbands, and as a matter of fact she thinks; no man is faithful anymore!
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by mamalola19: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
outline: She wants to marry a nerd because shes scared of cheating husbands, and as a matter of fact she thinks; no man is faithful anymore!

so why are you telling us?
your post is not potent enough
mind explaining because it lacks substance
btw no one is scared of marriage.
when you hear things like she is facing her career and school for now
or scared of marriage, its a big fat lie!
the woman does not just have the opportunity to or is not fortunate.

1 Like

Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by slimyem: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
outline: She wants to marry a nerd because shes scared of cheating husbands, and as a matter of fact she thinks; no man is faithful anymore!
and who told her nerds don't cheat?
Make she dey dere dey dull!
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2012
Any sane Nigerian woman should be very afraid of marriage
Given our sexist traditions that still are the norm
and the apparent stamp of approval on cheating
not to mention the lack of legal protections if it all goes haywire
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by luckgames(m): 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2012
busybee24: Any sane Nigerian woman should be very afraid of marriage
Given our sexist traditions that still are the norm
and the apparent stamp of approval on cheating
not to mention the lack of legal protections if it all goes haywire

Nigerian Women cheat big time too
From Old woman in the past to young women of today
Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree

1 Like

Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2012
luckgames: [color=#990000]

Nigerian Women cheat big time too
From Old woman in the past to young women of today
Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree

That my be so... but the issue is that if she gets caught.. its pretty much game over.. she can say good bye to her kids, her home and so.. A man cheats.. its business as usual back home and dont pretend otherwise.. and as the woman you are just supposed to take it.. because it is what men do... you know very well its true..
I initially decided that I would marry a Nigerian for sure.. but now im not so sure..
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
@op, there is nothing wrong with choosing to marry a nerd
@mamalola19 "scared of marriage, its a big fat lie! the woman does not just have the opportunity to or is not fortunate." --U ARE VERY WRONG!
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 12:27am On May 01, 2012
It is also beyond me why people think "nerds" are a bad thing
Give me a well educated geeky guy any day over a brainless brawny one.
Laugh at nerds all you want yet they have the biggest revenge- why because they have created most of the comforts we enjoy too
I bet people laughed at Einstein,Newton, Bohr, Eddison,Koch, MAxwell, Bardeen, Bill Gates,Steve Jobs... you get my drift... see where they ended up
Just my two cents
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Nobody: 1:53am On May 01, 2012

if thats what she thinks then she should try marrying a woman OR other species.......like animals, plants etc.
even if a great guy was in front of her eyes, she wouldnt notice him, thanks to her backward mind.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by kittykat1(f): 3:02am On May 01, 2012
Give me Bill Gates, richard brandson,Steve Jobs anytime and I will choose them over a Tiger Woods. A Pat Utomi over Jim Iyke shocked yes o give me a nerd anytime and I will choose over a brawn.
grin grin grin
Ok back to topic. Life is abt risks. There are good men who will never cheat and there cheaters that will treat u better than a non-cheating husband. The older I get the more I realize that life isn't written in black and white. Pray and be careful while dating so as to choose a good man. If it fails and u end up with one, have an open mind to either make d best of it or walk out.

You don't need to be scared, just blv that u will have a happy home. Mind u happiness is self dependent. That ur marriage ticks all d boxes doesn't mean u will be happy.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by 9lifes(m): 4:34am On May 01, 2012
The same ladies will see the nerds and call them boring..may be she is her late twenties,it is usually this period they can marry anything..just saying what I have seen from years of observation.

1 Like

Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by 9lifes(m): 4:37am On May 01, 2012
Again,ladies that are afraid of dating nerds are ladies that can't create their own fun,or they just don't have a life.Well,love is funny,u can find it anywhere,i wish your friend luck in finding a faithful nerd,they are the smartest cheats on earth.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by luckgames(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2012
busybee24:

That my be so... but the issue is that if she gets caught.. its pretty much game over.. she can say good bye to her kids, her home and so.. A man cheats.. its business as usual back home and dont pretend otherwise.. and as the woman you are just supposed to take it.. because it is what men do... you know very well its true..
I initially decided that I would marry a Nigerian for sure.. but now im not so sure..

Don't let that discourage you
Men cheat of all race, color and nationality look at (Clinton, Edward, Stanford and Schwarzenegger)

1 Like

Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Fulaman198(m): 7:47pm On May 01, 2012
busybee24:

I love how this thread is full of broad generalizations.

It is the woman's fault for marrying a man that cheats if you did. You must first ask yourself why did you get involved with this person in the first place?
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Fulaman198(m): 7:47pm On May 01, 2012
luckgames:

Men cheat of all race, color and nationality look at (Clinton, Edward, Stanford and Schwarzenegger)

Exactly, Kennedy, and a few others as well. If women had the same power as men in this world, women would be no different.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Fulaman198(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2012
9lifes: The same ladies will see the nerds and call them boring..may be she is her late twenties,it is usually this period they can marry anything..just saying what I have seen from years of observation.

And that is why Nerds like myself have been single for our entire lives. Women want bad guys. I'm 28 and I won't go with a woman who has had boyfriends in the past, because those are the same woman who pursued the bad guy and got used and abused.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by luckgames(m): 7:50pm On May 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

Exactly, Kennedy, and a few others as well. If women had the same power as men in this world, women would be no different.
Correct
I am not trying to go back that far
Just present day Issue

1 Like

Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Fulaman198(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2012
luckgames:
Correct
I am not trying to go back that far
Just present day Issue

True, but one must remember one thing, since we live in the more "modern" age people are more prone to cheat. In more traditional societies, people are less prone to cheat.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 11:33pm On May 01, 2012
Fulaman198:

I love how this thread is full of broad generalizations.

It is the woman's fault for marrying a man that cheats if you did. You must first ask yourself why did you get involved with this person in the first place?

See the thing about the way the world works is that the brain works with generalizations. Particularly as a way to act as a short cut, ordering process. Look up Walter Lippman.. you prove it by your own post by saying.. "It is the woman's fault for marrying a man that cheats if you did. You must first ask yourself why did you get involved with this person in the first place? "

That's a broad generalization if I have ever heard one. Infact that's the motherload of them all

Did it occur to you that there are situations where women are not given the chance to choose?
That perhaps a change in the socio-economic frame of the marriage is to blame?
That the widespread acceptance of the cheating as permissible could have played a role??
perhaps the man is just a dirty low down snake
There is unhappiness in the marriage due to neglect or abuse

See my point?
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 11:37pm On May 01, 2012
luckgames:

I totally agree.. Im a realist and im quite aware that cheating is an issue that run across all races and nation. The only thing that is quite troubling with the Nigerian experience is that it seems to be condoned. Its like well he cheated.. you have no recourse continue with life as it is. Especially because divorce still remains a stigma on women despite the dire circumstances they find themselves in.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Tgirl4real(f): 11:59pm On May 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if thats what she thinks then she should try marrying a woman OR other species.......like animals, plants etc.
even if a great guy was in front of her eyes, she wouldnt notice him, thanks to her backward mind.

Lol. She's better off not married.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by Fulaman198(m): 12:04am On May 02, 2012
busybee24:

See the thing about the way the world works is that the brain works with generalizations. Particularly as a way to act as a short cut, ordering process. Look up Walter Lippman.. you prove it by your own post by saying.. "It is the woman's fault for marrying a man that cheats if you did. You must first ask yourself why did you get involved with this person in the first place? "

That's a broad generalization if I have ever heard one. Infact that's the motherload of them all

Did it occur to you that there are situations where women are not given the chance to choose?
That perhaps a change in the socio-economic frame of the marriage is to blame?
That the widespread acceptance of the cheating as permissible could have played a role??
perhaps the man is just a dirty low down snake
There is unhappiness in the marriage due to neglect or abuse

See my point?

Then that marriage is not based around love if something changed within the socio-economic frame.

A marriage should be based around these fundamental things in the following order:

1. God
2. Love
3. Stability (socio-economic related things)

If God and Love are not more important than #3 then there should be no marriage. God and Love is supposed to get a couple through the tough and bitter. However, people marry for the wrong reasons these days without even thinking why they marry the person.
Re: She Is Scared Of Marraige by busybee24: 12:08am On May 02, 2012
Fulaman198:

Then that marriage is not based around love if something changed within the socio-economic frame.

A marriage should be based around these fundamental things in the following order:

1. God
2. Love
3. Stability (socio-economic related things)

If God and Love are not more important than #3 then there should be no marriage. God and Love is supposed to get a couple through the tough and bitter. However, people marry for the wrong reasons these days without even thinking why they marry the person.

you missed the entire point... and no one says marriages should not encompass the three and more. but either way im out

(1) (Reply)

Ladies,can You Accomodate This Sort Of Relationship;guys,what Do You Think? / What Is Wrong With Her......? / Help Me With This Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.