Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922859 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2012
waka-about:

THANK YOU KEMZONE

what i'm much more concern is this:
if my children who are all older than 21 years of age during my initial DV 2014 entry are not eligible, what do i fill in my entry under the colum "number of children"
do i choose NO children or what do i do?

Putting in mind the initial instruction

the confusing part is : you must list the names and date of birth of all natural children............children older that 21 years are not eligible
IT MEANS NO CHILDREN UNDER 21YRS OLD
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 11:11am On Sep 22, 2012
I still don't understand how this Visa Bulletin notification works. Please I need your enlightenment on what it means for one's case number to be current and does it mean that one must be interviewed compulsorily in the month that one's case number is current. I need your help also about my forms because I have not yet submitted them but my case number is around 14***.(i.e fourteen thousand plus). I hope it's not too late giving the case number that is said to be current in Novenber. Please help me out House.
Thanks so much as I anticipate your quick response

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:21am On Sep 22, 2012
engyadewale: I still don't understand how this Visa Bulletin notification works. Please I need your enlightenment on what it means for one's case number to be current and does it mean that one must be interviewed compulsorily in the month that one's case number is current. I need your help also about my forms because I have not yet submitted them but my case number is around 14***.(i.e fourteen thousand plus). I hope it's not too late giving the case number that is said to be current in Novenber. Please help me out House.

14*** is not yet current but should be by early next near. Keep your eyes fixed on the visa bulletin until the visa number for Nigeria is 14*** or above, in which case you become current. That means, you are scheduled for interview. Visit previous pages of this thread for details on visa bulletin or Google it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:23am On Sep 22, 2012
engyadewale: I still don't understand how this Visa Bulletin notification works. Please I need your enlightenment on what it means for one's case number to be current and does it mean that one must be interviewed compulsorily in the month that one's case number is current. I need your help also about my forms because I have not yet submitted them but my case number is around 14***.(i.e fourteen thousand plus). I hope it's not too late giving the case number that is said to be current in Novenber. Please help me out House.

14*** is not yet current but should be by early next near. Keep your eyes fixed on the visa bulletin until the visa number for Nigeria is 14*** or above, in which case you become current. That means, you are scheduled for interview. Visit previous pages of this thread for details on visa bulletin or Google it. You are not interviewed in the month you became current if you submitted your forms late. All these scenarios have been thoroughly explained previously.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2012
Pls am from Gh and a dv 2013 winner. I want to know if it will be a problem to process wid a pass(D7) in english. Thanks 4 ur reply.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2012
Hov63: Pls am from Gh and a dv 2013 winner. I want to know if it will be a problem to process wid a pass(D7) in english. Thanks 4 ur reply.
that is not a problem
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:41am On Sep 22, 2012
Kemzone2003:
IT MEANS NO CHILDREN UNDER 21YRS OLD

That part is so confusing, but my advice is that dont least 21plus child,they are adult.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2012
Bakorede: i av sent u a mail.if u are nt able 2get it,dis is my own mail,bakorede_gesbest4u@yahoo.com.thanks alot,i wil appreciates ur swift response.

I think I answered your question .
I dont think I see your mail.my mail is ymail.com not yahoo.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2012
Gentiger:

14*** is not yet current but should be by early next near. Keep your eyes fixed on the visa bulletin until the visa number for Nigeria is 14*** or above, in which case you become current. That means, you are scheduled for interview. Visit previous pages of this thread for details on visa bulletin or Google it. You are not interviewed in the month you became current if you submitted your forms late. All these scenarios have been thoroughly explained previously.
Okay thanks so much but what about the submission that I've not made. Am I not too late about it??[color=#000099][/color]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
engyadewale:
Okay thanks so much but what about the submission that I've not made. Am I not too late about it??[color=#000099][/color]

Not at all. Very much on time. Take your time to review your forms so as to eliminate any margin for errors. But ensure you submit soonest October if you must be scheduled for interview as of when current.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gentiger:

Not at all. Very much on time. Take your time to review your forms so as to eliminate any margin for errors. But ensure you submit soonest October if you must be scheduled for interview as of when current.
Long time...how are you doing?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
Leripa:
Long time...how are you doing?

Hey Leripa, am cool and you? You went on recess. Welcome back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gentiger:

Hey Leripa, am cool and you? You went on recess. Welcome back.
Been so busy bro...thank you and keep up the good work you are doing on here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Pelumiv: @ RoodBoy, I didn't have u in mind while I reply, its just a general advice. Come to think of it, let assume u were called to be interview and were ask to write about ursef? Will u write rubbish English u wrote to reply me? Am sure u will b bounced. For the fact that English is not our mother's tongue doesn't mean we shod nt be at least average when writing or speaking it. I no yab u oo, english no dey giv moni bt gud English dey command respect. Me sef dey trip wen some people here write beta English pass ma pry 6 own.

I hear you english doctor.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
I will suggest we bury this issue of English Language thingy and allow it to rest forever. Just my own opinion ooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Leripa:
Been so busy bro...thank you and keep up the good work you are doing on here.

Thanks a lot. Just contributing my little quota in the belief that what a man sows, he reaps. If I can assist people on their journey towards obtaining their immigrant visa, then I should reap the benefits too. That's the motivation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
temmytanny: You are right bro but i must say here that it shouldnt be yard stick for attacks. Attimes i used my mobile phone(touchscreen phone) to type and make mistakes, i dont see these until i log on to my PC but some people will just yab you for nothing. Am very poor in writing english but i doubt if any one here can beat me in speaking it. Funny enough i never passed it at first sitting. I did engineering in school and English wasnt yard stick for me to pass my papers. But i know withing me that i needed to work on my english,no one told me. Even britons that owns the language speak badly, America that we are planing to go is even worse. Its gud to brush up your english but we should use it to attack ourselves here even if they are reading our posts from planet MARS.
Please,no more related attacks on english or else i wont back down on this.PEACE!

@ioconzo00
@temmy
@tiwanna
@adereadesoji
Many thaxxxxxxxxx 4 u guys 2 comin in ds comment, all the best 2 u all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
MR temmy, I hope ur wife av taught u the eba abi na iyo riro? becos I knw dat u r frm ekiti kete.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That part is so confusing, but my advice is that dont least 21plus child,they are adult.

yes, it is soo confusing.
All my children (4 of 'em) are all above 21 years of age
now, according to your advise, it means on the DV2014 initial entry, i'll claim i have no child(ren)
isn't that tantamount to lying?
Or is there an option that will clear the air on children older that 21yrs?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
House i beg u in D name of GOD let us bury this ENGLISH issue and move ahead,dnt let dis ordinary ENGLISH devide dis our peaceful HOUSE,i cal ENGLISH ordinary cos no be my mother tongue....if me i get to d embassy na EKITI i go speak to d CO i go teach am my language. lol PEACE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
House i beg u in D name of GOD let us bury this ENGLISH issue and move ahead,dnt let dis ordinary ENGLISH devide dis our peaceful HOUSE,i cal ENGLISH ordinary cos no be my mother tongue....if me i get to d embassy na EKITI i go speak to d CO i go teach am my language. lol PEACE

Abi o...i don talk am too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Hov63: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
@Adesojiaderemi thanks 4 da reply.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by imperiouxx(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
temmytanny: Not all,you can schedule your appointment in US

obowunmi:

Not sure. Congrats if you won.

Thanks guys, not me but for a friend who is also studying in US. May be I will give the lottery shout out this year. I didn't enter for it last year because of my student visa preparation which pay off at last. I just want to be sure he won't be going back to Nigeria because of studying demand here. I will ask again on the other threads.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
rood boy: MR temmy, I hope ur wife av taught u the eba abi na iyo riro? becos I knw dat u r frm ekiti kete.
am not from ekiti oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:

abi oo, i like this style.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
@tiwanna thank u jare...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
@leripa i salute u sir
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
waka-about:

yes, it is soo confusing.
All my children (4 of 'em) are all above 21 years of age
now, according to your advise, it means on the DV2014 initial entry, i'll claim i have no child(ren)
isn't that tantamount to lying?
Or is there an option that will clear the air on children older that 21yrs?
MR..DONT OVERFLOG THIS ISSUE..IT IS SIMPLE FILLED ZERO IN NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN ACTUAL IT MEANS NO CHILDREN BELOW 21 YRS...
YOU WILL ONLY BE LYING IF THEY ARE LESS THAN 21YRS OLD AND YOU FAIL TO LIST THEM.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER...IF YOU WIN HOPEFULLY..U WILL FILL ALL YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR FORMS TO KCC BUT THEY CANNOT APPLY AS DERIVATIVE..
IF YOU ARE ISSUED A VISA AND YOU BECOME A PERMANENT RESIDENT YOU CAN FILE FOR THEM AT USCIS BUT THEY WILL HAVE TO WAIT ON QUEUE FOR SAY 8 YEARS BEFORE BECOMING CURRENT

FOR EXAMPLE FROM THE OCTOBER VISA BULLETIN...YOUR CHILDREN WILL FALL UNDER (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents

THOSE THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR IMMIGRANT VISA IN OCTOBER 2012 WERE FILES FOR BY THEIR PARENT ON THIS DATE (15SEP04)

Family-Sponsored
All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 08OCT05
F2A 01JUN10
F2B 15SEP04
F3 22MAY02
F4 15MAR01

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES
First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.
Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, plus any unused first preference numbers:
A. (F2A) Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;
B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents: 23% of the overall second preference limitation.
Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.
Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.
On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
Kemzone2003:
MR..DONT OVERFLOG THIS ISSUE..IT IS SIMPLE FILLED ZERO IN NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN ACTUAL IT MEANS NO CHILDREN BELOW 21 YRS...
YOU WILL ONLY BE LYING IF THEY ARE LESS THAN 21YRS OLD AND YOU FAIL TO LIST THEM.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER...IF YOU WIN HOPEFULLY..U WILL FILL ALL YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR FORMS TO KCC BUT THEY CANNOT APPLY AS DERIVATIVE..
IF YOU ARE ISSUED A VISA AND YOU BECOME A PERMANENT RESIDENT YOU CAN FILE FOR THEM AT USCIS BUT THEY WILL HAVE TO WAIT ON QUEUE FOR SAY 8 YEARS BEFORE BECOMING CURRENT

FOR EXAMPLE FROM THE OCTOBER VISA BULLETIN...YOUR CHILDREN WILL FALL UNDER (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents

THOSE THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR IMMIGRANT VISA IN OCTOBER 2012 WERE FILES FOR BY THEIR PARENT ON THIS DATE (15SEP04)

Family-Sponsored
All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
F1 08OCT05
F2A 01JUN10
F2B 15SEP04
F3 22MAY02
F4 15MAR01

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES
First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.
Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, plus any unused first preference numbers:
A. (F2A) Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;
B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents: 23% of the overall second preference limitation.
Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.
Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.
On the chart below, the listing of a date for any class indicates that the class is oversubscribed (see paragraph 1); "C" means current, i.e., numbers are available for all qualified applicants; and "U" means unavailable, i.e., no numbers are available. (NOTE: Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.)

Now i'm completely satisfied
God bless you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
temmytanny: You are right bro but i must say here that it shouldnt be yard stick for attacks. Attimes i used my mobile phone(touchscreen phone) to type and make mistakes, i dont see these until i log on to my PC but some people will just yab you for nothing. Am very poor in writing english but i doubt if any one here can beat me in speaking it. Funny enough i never passed it at first sitting. I did engineering in school and English wasnt yard stick for me to pass my papers. But i know withing me that i needed to work on my english,no one told me. Even britons that owns the language speak badly, America that we are planing to go is even worse. Its gud to brush up your english but we should use it to attack ourselves here even if they are reading our posts from planet MARS.
Please,no more related attacks on english or else i wont back down on this.PEACE!

This issue is not new. It exists in almost all former colonies of England.
However, let no one be deceived. It is good to have good command of English - spoken and written - particularly if you are from OUR OWN PART OF THE WORLD (speaking from my European experience)
Otherwise you may have avoidable hurdles in western world.
But in the context of living in Nigeria, its all borne out of our mentality.
THAT IS THE ROOT MEANING OF COLONIAL MENTALITY.

On my part, I hope to rest the case of English language here on this forum as i impatiently await our number to be current and 2NL to arrive.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by naahluv: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
salutaion house i applied for 2013 and was rather dissappointed when the results where out coz i wasnt selected but since we know more entrants will be selected on 1st of october,what happens if you are selected will your time be extended that for one who was selected in may? im lost.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tobi16: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
hello long time on the site hope some of you have gotten there second nl have you been preparing i just want to have a question that what are the thing we going to take along on our interview day

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.