Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,710 members, 7,851,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:50 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925403 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2012
look4all: @Mr femsoj i think this issue has long been settled,why bringing
It back to be discussed on this platform and please no one is criticizing any body as that issue issue had been trash out and treated.please we all came here to contribute one or two things and as well learn from past experienced people. i begg ooo
I believe u are not to dictate for me on the right time to comment on a post.what i commented on was posted during the weekend and i just have an access to it this morning when i got to the office.its true we all came here to contribute but some people are just looking for a slite opportunity to insult others.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2012
femsoj: I believe u are not to dictate for me on the right time to comment on a post.what i commented on was posted during the weekend and i just have an access to it this morning when i got to the office.its true we all came here to contribute but some people are just looking for a slite opportunity to insult others.

Quite unfortunate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kinzzo112(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2012
my case number is 44** and my forms where received late july, confirmed that August, when do you guys thinks my case number will be current. thanks

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR US!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2012
Tiwanna:

original and photocopies of the following documents

1) high school or university cert or your transcript if you have not graduated from the university, or vocational training result
2) birth cert,
3) medical report,
4) police report,
5) international passport,
6) 2 passport taken within 60 days
7) A full face photograph, better make it 2 full face photograph.
Nigerians don't need affidavit of support
These are the documents you need to go to the embassy with during the day of your interview.
and the $330 visa fee.

thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2012
femsoj: I believe u are not to dictate for me on the right time to comment on a post.what i commented on was posted during the weekend and i just have an access to it this morning when i got to the office.its true we all came here to contribute but some people are just looking for a slite opportunity to insult others.

@Femsoj, You are looking for trouble, simple! It's very clear- abi you want make we change that your fine name to looking for trouble? haba... The 2 persons involved have longed apologised and settled. You even confirmed you read the post and now you are digging up issues again. You be woman sef? aah ahh... I tire o!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2012
ogbonlowob: @Adesoji, do u know swiminology? Lol

I am just starting the training.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I am just starting the training.

Learn fast before I sharkiology your headiology lol
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003: @TIWANA....The lesson you can learn from open forums like this is to always quote your reference anytime you post an advice for anyone so that the content cannot be regaded as your own thought.
let us all be guided because even when we write stuff that are not our creation we should give credits to the original owner of such work.

FOR EXAMPLE..Documents the Applicant Must Submit at the Visa Interview Appointment
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html

@MODERATORS....Lets Keep up the goood work.. But We need Caution from past DV winners not to wash down this thread with unrelated discussions and joke on this thread..issues of post-interview activities like flight booking and settling down in the US should be discussed on another new Thread created for that purpose or conclude that on the 2012 DV Thread....Note that 2013 Thread is for those preparing for their own interview and obviously thye dont enjoy the joke and distraction you guys are bringing to the thread..I know this might invite a swift reaction from some of the culprit but let us be guided by our words.

I am just expressing the thought of many in good faith...Sorry if my words get to you in the process

There is no media, or public forum on earth where people don't make jokes or put up an argument, Telling the moderator to kick people out of a thread is quite absurd.Is it better to fight than making jokes, because you never complain of fighting on the thread.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:53am On Sep 24, 2012
[quote author=ogbonlowob]

Learn fast before I sharkiology your headiology lol[/quote

Me I be submarine,shirk no get mouth.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

There is no media, or public forum on earth where people don't make jokes or put up an argument, Telling the moderator to kick people out of a thread is quite absurd.Is it better to fight than making jokes, because you never complain of fighting on the thread.

I KNW WHAT YOU ARE FEELING LIKE...U BE CELEBRITY ON NAIRALAND ABI?..SO U CAN DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE....YOU LOST UR REGARD LONG AGO

BUT I WILL NOT JOIN WORDS WITH YOU..COZ I CAN DERIVE YOUR PERSONALITY FROM YOUR STATEMENT
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003:

I KNW WHAT YOU ARE FEELING LIKE...U BE CELEBRITY ON NAIRALAND ABI?..SO U CAN DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE....

BUT I WILL NOT JOIN WORDS WITH YOU..COZ I CAN DERIVE YOUR PERSONALITY FROM YOUR STATEMENT

Bro, it seems you woke up from the wrong side of the bed this morning,looking for someone to fight I am sorry you have just choose the wrong person.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
please , lets not turn this into argument again please
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Bro, it seems you woke up from the wrong side of the bed this morning,looking for someone to fight I am sorry you have just choose the wrong person.

IF YOU READ MY INTIAL COMMENT VERY WELL...

I ENDED IT WITH THIS WORDS BELOW

....I am just expressing the thought of many in good faith...Sorry if my words get to you in the process.

THEN TELL ME WHERE I TOLD THE MODERATORS (IN WHICH YOU ARE ONE ANYWAY) TO KICK ANYONE OUT OF THE THREAD..OR ARE U JUSTIFYING UR WRONGS WITH OTHER WRONGS(THOSE FIGHTING).

FLEX UR MUSCLE ELSEWHERE...I DO NOT INTEND TO WRITE WHAT IS ON MY MIND
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003:

IF YOU READ MY INTIAL COMMENT VERY WELL...

I ENDED IT WITH THIS WORDS BELOW

....I am just expressing the thought of many in good faith...Sorry if my words get to you in the process.

THEN TELL ME WHERE I TOLD THE MODERATORS (IN WHICH YOU ARE ONE ANYWAY) TO KICK ANYONE OUT OF THE THREAD..OR ARE U JUSTIFYING UR WRONGS WITH OTHER WRONGS(THOSE FIGHTING).

FLEX UR MUSCLE ELSEWHERE...I DO NOT INTEND TO WRITE WHAT IS ON MY MIND

You are free to say whatever you like, that dosn't change my "personalty" as a "celebrity on Nairaland", I am not trying to be popular.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

You are free to say whatever you like, that dosn't change my "personalty" as a "celebrity on Nairaland", I am not trying to be popular.

PELE

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003:

PELE
Case closed now i guess
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
temmytanny: Case closed now i guess

Please we need more jokes jare,me I know fit fight over nothing, if nairaland sponsor Yabis with money i fit register sha, because I am very good at that.People need to laugh to cool their temper on this thread.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
@kemzone2003
@adesojiaderemipls lets peace reign in dis forum ejo! ejo!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
@kemzone2003
@adesojiaderemi pls lets peace reign in dis forum ejo! ejo!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Please we need more jokes jare,me I know fit fight over nothing, if nairaland sponsor Yabis with money i fit register sha, because I am very good at that.People need to laugh to cool their temper on this thread.
@adesoji & kemzone2003 Case adjourned till..........
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@kemzone2003
@adesojiaderemi pls lets peace reign in dis forum ejo! ejo!

E see joo baba mi.O sa ro monday,we are here to make people happy and not sad.We all belong here, we may not see ourselves or know ourselves from adam, but we are happy to see people been happy.I love kemzone and everybody on this thread just like myself but sometimes we need to work on our differences.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niggaguy: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hello House,
Please I would like to ask a question.
I just did my police report and after doing so . I found out that it is valid for three months.
My interview is in a month's time .
So my question is the police report's validity period for the Embassy interview or for the when one arrives at the destination airport i.e U.S.A
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2012
@adesojiaderemi i really appreciate ur response thanks 4 embracing peace,GOD bless u and kemzone2003
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

E see joo baba mi.O sa ro monday,we are here to make people happy and not sad.We all belong here, we may not see ourselves or know ourselves from adam, but we are happy to see people been happy.I love kemzone and everybody on this thread just like myself but sometimes we need to work on our differences.

Soji..Pls kindy read the comment of mine that generated this controversy and tell me what i said wrong...I knew i might step on toes with my advise..it was just an advise....I had already apologize in arrears..Thats why i found it difficult to comprehend why you flared.

Never the less....there are people who are guest all the time on this forum...usually they are aged above 40yrs old....they just watch but do not like commenting on the thread becoz someone who might be the age of their beneficiary will pour insult on them....I decided to bring myself down to break this jinx by coming signing on and communicate at your level for knowledge sharing sake.

I Plead with you all...I respect you as gentlemen who have taken the right and inteligent step at the early phase of your lives...Kindly potray the New Nigeria in you and Lets be guided accordingly.

Thank you for reading my sermon..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by francy4u2nv: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi people..this is my first post here. Thank you for the posts so far, they have really been helpful
I have a challenge.
I have sent my forms to KCC and they have confirmed receipt. However, I do not remember which signature i used in filling the form. Let me explain. I used to have a signature which i was always using (that is the one on my international passport), but the banks complained of it being irregular. As a result, I had to change to a more regular one which I now use. The problem is, I lost the extra copy of the DS Forms I filled, and I do not remember which signature i used.
I tried calling them, but they wont give me any help.
What do you think I should do!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
francy4u2nv: Hi people..this is my first post here. Thank you for the posts so far, they have really been helpful
I have a challenge.
I have sent my forms to KCC and they have confirmed receipt. However, I do not remember which signature i used in filling the form. Let me explain. I used to have a signature which i was always using (that is the one on my international passport), but the banks complained of it being irregular. As a result, I had to change to a more regular one which I now use. The problem is, I lost the extra copy of the DS Forms I filled, and I do not remember which signature i used.
I tried calling them, but they wont give me any help.
What do you think I should do!!!

NO WORRY URSELF..JUST TELL THEM THE CO THE SAME STORY WEY U JUST NARATE NOW IF HIM ASK...THEY ARE HONEST MISTAKES WITH NO INTENT FOR FRAUD...SO YOU ARE GOOD...TAKE A DEEP SLEEP AND YOU WILL BE FINE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
IN ADDITION...LET ME SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOU ON PREPARATION THEY MAKE AT THE EMBASSY BEFORE YOU EVEN LINE UP AT THE GATE ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE..SOME WONDER WHAT THE CO IS CHECKING ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN..THEY HAVE READY MADE QUESTION FOR YOU THAT FITS YOUR PROFILE..THIS IS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE PROCEDURE USED BY THE CONSULAR OFFICER.

PREPARING FOR APPOINTMENT WITH APPLICANT
a. When appearing at the appointed time for the formal visa appointment, an applicant is entitled to receive prompt attention. The post should pull and review the following prior to the appointment, preferably the preceding day:
(1) Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or the online IV application report associated with the submitted Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration; and
(2) Any documents that may have been filed in the A-Z file.
b. The consular officer must send unclassified material to the document checker for review. The consular officer must review classified material.

CLASS NAMECHECKS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
The post must namecheck all immigrant visa applicants on the Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS). This check is conducted automatically by the automated immigrant visa processing system. Although the national visa center (NVC) performs a preliminary CLASS check on applicants for whom the NVC schedules appointments before sending files to posts abroad, the consular officer must update this clearance by performing a final CLASS check immediately prior to the applicant's interview date.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by francy4u2nv: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003:

NO WORRY URSELF..JUST TELL THEM THE CO THE SAME STORY WEY U JUST NARATE NOW IF HIM ASK...THEY ARE HONEST MISTAKES WITH NO INTENT FOR FRAUD...SO YOU ARE GOOD...TAKE A DEEP SLEEP AND YOU WILL BE FINE

Thank you very much for the reply. Im just curious, are you a DV 2013 winner?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kemzone2003: IN ADDITION...LET ME SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOU ON PREPARATION THEY MAKE AT THE EMBASSY BEFORE YOU EVEN LINE UP AT THE GATE ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE..SOME WONDER WHAT THE CO IS CHECKING ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN..THEY HAVE READY MADE QUESTION FOR YOU THAT FITS YOUR PROFILE..THIS IS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE PROCEDURE USED BY THE CONSULAR OFFICER.

PREPARING FOR APPOINTMENT WITH APPLICANT
a. When appearing at the appointed time for the formal visa appointment, an applicant is entitled to receive prompt attention. The post should pull and review the following prior to the appointment, preferably the preceding day:
(1) Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or the online IV application report associated with the submitted Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration; and
(2) Any documents that may have been filed in the A-Z file.
b. The consular officer must send unclassified material to the document checker for review. The consular officer must review classified material.

CLASS NAMECHECKS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS
The post must namecheck all immigrant visa applicants on the Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS). This check is conducted automatically by the automated immigrant visa processing system. Although the national visa center (NVC) performs a preliminary CLASS check on applicants for whom the NVC schedules appointments before sending files to posts abroad, the consular officer must update this clearance by performing a final CLASS check immediately prior to the applicant's interview date.

Thanks for the info @Kemzone2003. Can you please update your information with the relevant source? Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN THE TIME THEY COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS AND THE TIME THEY CALL YOU FOR THE INTERVIEW PROPER...THEM DON RESEARCH YOU WELL WELL..ALL THE SUBJECT WEY U DO FOR SCHOOL..EVERYYYY LIKE MY SMALLY GO SAY FOR WARRI..THIS TIME SEE REFERENCE LINK BELOW FOR DETAILS...ITS A PUBLIC DOCUMENT NOTHING CONFIDENTIAL...THIS IS WHAT IMMIGRATION LAWYERS KNOW THAT YOU DONT KNOW...COURTESY NAIRALAND YOU HAVE IT..IT WILL HELP ALL THOSE PREPARING FOR DV 2013 INTERVIEW TO KNOW WHAT AND WHAT NOT TO DO AS REGARDS DOCUMENT

1.FUNCTIONS PRELIMINARY TO INTERVIEW
Initial Duties of Document Checker
When the applicant presents the documents, the post must check the documents for completeness and legibility. The document checker should ensure each question on Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, has been answered. If a question does not apply, posts should write “not applicable” or “NA” in the space for the answer. (For example, some questions do not apply to small children. Posts should not use dashes or Xs (except when marking "yes-no" boxes). If Form DS-230 is illegible or incomplete, the document checker must return it to the applicant for completion or give the applicant a new form to be completed legibly. If Form DS-260 is incomplete, the document checker must reopen the application via the “Reopen DS-260” button at the top of the online IV application report and direct the applicant to log back onto the Consular Electronic Application Center and complete the missing information. If necessary, the document checker may assist the applicant in completing the application.

Paying Processing Fee
a. In cases where the applicant has submitted Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, once the medical forms and other documents have been placed in logical order and the Form DS-230 is complete and legible, the alien must take the form to the cashier and pay the processing fee. The alien must pay before the interview. After the fee has been paid, the document checker must give the documents, including Form DS-230, the medical forms, applicable printouts from the automated system, and any papers from the A-Z file, to the consular officer who will interview the applicant.

VISA INTERVIEW
The interview with the consular officer is the most significant part of the visa issuing process. It is particularly important from the point of view of full and correct application of the law. Section 237 of Public Law 106-113 and subsequent legislation requires that the Department establish a policy under which immediate relative (and fiancé(e)) visas be processed within 30 days of receipt of the necessary information from the applicant and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS); all other family-based immigrant visas (IV) must be processed within 60 days. The Department expects all posts to strive to meet the 30/60 day requirements.

INTERVIEW EVEN IF DOCUMENTATION IS MISSING

a. In addition to the inconvenience and expense caused to the alien (particularly an alien applying with family members), it is generally inefficient for the post if an application is not taken and the interview not conducted on the appointment date. In a busy post, the number of daily interviews is set to maximize the use of space and personnel. A canceled interview results in a gap in that day’s productivity without gain, since the interview must be rescheduled for another day. In addition, there is no guarantee that the alien will be found eligible the second time around. Rescheduling causes administrative backlogs, which, in turn, result in lost time answering correspondence and responding to telephone inquiries.
b. As a general rule, therefore, consular officers should accept applications from and interview all applicants appearing on the appointed date. If an applicant fails to present all of the required documentation, the applicant should nevertheless pay the processing fee and be interviewed by the consular officer who must then refuse the application under INA 221(g). The consular officer should tell the applicant or a member of the family to mail or bring in the missing documentation, and also the issuance fee, and make clear that the visa(s) will be issued immediately if the documentation is found acceptable

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87877.pdf

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by blessedisrael: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
hello house,this 2NL wahala is what i dont understand.how can someone's case no is 2013AF000027** and the delivery record shows that DSP form
was delivered on 06/28/2012 at 09:09 AM in WILLIAMSBURG, KY 40769 till now i haven't received my 2NL.please i need your advise oh make i no dey for water soap go enter my eyes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
[quote author=abosedekolawole]Am a dv selectee for 2013 wt case no 17***. Av sent my package to kcc n av not receive d 2NL. Wen is it likely i go for interview. Also, my third name do not correspond wt wat i av on my waec cert n wt the 1stNL i.e the name i used in winnin. Hope dis wil not pose trouble with consular on interview day. But i included all the names both d one on d cert n the one i used in winnin dat is 4 names on my birth cert. E.g i av adebiyi abosede oluwunmi in d 1stNL n on my neco cert i av adebiyi abosede oluwaseyi.but oluwunmi n oluwaseyi is on my birth cert.pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.