Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,283 members, 7,846,287 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924593 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
ferdiii:

I think 2 settings of WAEC/WAEC, NECO/NECO or WAEC/NECO to achieve 5 credits that have English Language and Maths are acceptable but sometimes they want the one they need to be the current one. For example you've 2006 and 2009 results, in the 2006 no English Language and Maths but in the 2009's you have both. They don't want to see it the other way around--that means you have degenerated as you didn't further. All of these, is because O'level is your highest level of educational achievement.

Again sometimes they want to see that you actually finished high school and want to see that your poor May/June or June/July. Still it is because it is your highest level of educational achievement.

It could be case by case situation!

My brother, you cannot combine WAEC/NECO to achieve 5 credits. I doesn't work that way. When you say 'YOU THINK' that's a statement of uncertainty, one that is not fool-proof. It's either you don't know or not sure. They follow the basic Nigerian University admission requirements to determine minimum eligibility. Just as no Nigerian University will accept a combination of WAEC/NECO to admit a student irrespective of credit passes in maths and English, neither will the embassy.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
congrats my sis @adzovia
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

wzup t baby?how are u coping with the CCNA stuff,hope you've started using your packet tracer?

sir am fine oo, yes we have started using packet tracer, i just finish configuring ospf and summarization in area border network 0 to area 1 but b4 that i did ssh, rip, telnet, eigrp. now am on functions of switches at layer two. although my subnetting still dey shake but i dey get the answers at the end sha. i miss u oh, anytime i check forum c ya coment i dey happy. hope work is gud
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

My brother, you cannot combine WAEC/NECO to achieve 5 credits. I doesn't work that way. When you say 'YOU THINK' that's a statement of uncertainty, one that is not fool-proof. It's either you don't know or not sure. They follow the basic Nigerian University admission requirements to determine minimum eligibility. Just as no Nigerian University will accept a combination of WAEC/NECO to admit a student irrespective of credit passes in maths and English, neither will the embassy.

my sister used both waec and neco to enter her university just like my friend who got admission last year.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Congratulations Adzovia. I am happy for you. I mentioned a credit pass in atleast Maths and English on this forum as a requirement and some people shouted me down as misleading the people. If anyone has ears, listen and listen well. Ignore my cautions at your peril. Congrats once again.

I REPEAT ONCE AGAIN, YOU CANNOT COMBINE WAEC/NECO TO ARRIVE AT 5 CREDITS. YOU EITHER HAVE YOUR 5 CREDIT PASSES AT WAEC/GCE OR 5 CREDIT PASS AT NECO.

This is strictly for Nigerians.

Is this a new one? The requirement didnt state u can't combine certificates of different exams bodies to get u the required 5 credit passes u need as minimum requiremnt.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
jack_syno:

Is this a new one? The requirement did state u can't combine certificates of different exams bodies to get u the required 5 credit passes u need as minimum requiremnt.

Post your link. It will be beneficial to all. As for Tiwana's claims, it's okay if your sister was admitted in these mushroom private universities desperate for students irrespective of JAMB score. Tell me she's in a state, Federal or any of the renowned Private universities and I will label your claims as false.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Tiwanna:

my sister used both waec and neco to enter her university just like my friend who got admission last year.
I nor understand where that guy for dey get his info from o.
I will rather have him tell/show us the link/source. We need to know/see the source.

I strongly believe u can combine certs from different examination bodies.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Unijos accepts those. I know Unilag doesn't.Am sure Embassy will accept them both.Let's wait and see who will clarify this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Post your link. It will be beneficial to all. As for Tiwana's claims, it's okay if your sister was admitted in these mushroom private universities desperate for students irrespective of JAMB score. Tell me she's in a state, Federal or any of the renowned Private universities and I will label your claims as false.

federal infact uniport and she has graduated. even one of her friend used same thing i remember they both sat for waec/neco back in 2004 together. while my friend who used waec/neco 2006 is in n.d.u. and none of them is in same dept.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
ferdiii:

Unijos accepts those. I know Unilag doesn't accept.Am sure Embassy will accept them both.Let's wait and see who will clarify this.

I rest my case. This was exactly how I was talked down when I said on this forum that 5 CREDIT passes without maths and English will get you nowhere. I have nothing to gain or loose advising people to be too cautious not to loose a lifetime opportunity.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
is there any signature at the back of the paper

yes
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chybabe200: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
ferdiii:

Unijos accepts those. I know Unilag doesn't.Am sure Embassy will accept them both.Let's wait and see who will clarify this.

Who dey yan this dust. I no wan comment before but I say make I put mouth for this one. It's a big lie say UNIJOS dey accept WAEC and NECO combined. I am a 200 level student at UNIJOS and no such thing dey exist. It's either you get your 5 credit pass for WASC/GCE or NECO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
chybabe200:

Who dey yan this dust. I no wan comment before but I say make I put mouth for this one. It's a big lie say UNIJOS dey accept WAEC and NECO combined. I am a 200 level student at UNIJOS and no such thing dey exist. It's either you get your 5 credit pass for WASC/GCE or NECO.

Really?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2012
Tiwanna:

Thank you my sister,if i talk now them go say i dey yab him
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
chybabe200:

Even Lagos Embassy accept it but some people no belive.hehehehehehehehehe
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

I rest my case. This was exactly how I was talked down when I said on this forum that 5 CREDIT passes without maths and English will get you nowhere. I have nothing to gain or loose advising people to be too cautious not to loose a lifetime opportunity.

Okay.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2012
[b]@all,

To set the record straight, WAEC and NECO are recognised exams bodies constituted to organise exams for students. They are just like saying you combined SSCE and GCE to enter university. There were issues when NECO first organised it exams,many schools rejected NECO and the case was taken to NASS and FG and they directed all federal universities to accept them.If UNILAG and UNI-IFE accept them,be rest assured that all others will and even the private universities will. About the embassy acceptance,it is never stated anywhere that they dont accept combined WAEC and NECO. Someone here whom i wont mention his name but has been off this thread since he got to US(march) used it.I wish the person could see this my comments now and comment on it. Embassy wants original documents and minimum requirements that could make you get admission into university in ur locality(country i mean).
Please relax,get all the documents you need and go and do your interview,if you have issues and you think you arent getting good response or correct answer here or elsewhere,please mail embassy for details. God you all through IJN(insha allah)[/b]

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
congratulation to you adzovia and good luck ahead
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
temmytanny: Even Lagos Embassy accept it but some people no belive.hehehehehehehehehe

Haaaaa, here you are my friend. Have you congratulated Adzovia? She said they bounced one guy who had no English and Mathematics though he had 5 CREDITs in other subjects. I thought you would react to that. You have consistently taught people here that 5 CREDITs is all that is required since no specific mention of English and Mathematics in the US embassy website. I hope that clarifies issues now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Haaaaa, here you are my friend. Have you congratulated Adzovia? She said they bounced one guy who had no English and Mathematics though he had 5 CREDITs in other subjects. I thought you would react to that. You have consistently taught people here that 5 CREDITs is all that is required since no specific mention of English and Mathematics in the US embassy website. I hope that clarifies issues now.
which issue? Thats why i said you are a MUSHROOM LAWYER. You can interprets comments.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
temmytanny: which issue? Thats why i said you are a MUSHROOM LAWYER. You can interprets comments.

In all instances you always begin the insulting. It's uncalled for. I didn't insult you in my comment, why the insult on my person? The person who was denied today for failing to have English and Maths though he had 5 CREDITs in other subjects may have been a member of this forum who relied on your judgments. Let be careful what we tell people especially when we're not 100% certain. This opportunity for some people may never come again. Enjoy your day.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

In all instances you always begin the insulting. It's uncalled for. I didn't insult you in my comment, why the insult on my person? The person who was denied today for failing to have English and Maths though he had 5 CREDITs in other subjects may have been a member of this forum who relied on your judgments. Let be careful what we tell people especially when we're not 100% certain. This opportunity for some people may never come again. Enjoy your day.
I dey watch Dortmund V Madrid and Arsenal V Shalke. I will reply you wen i finish
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by mannet(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Gentiger please learn to be modest in ur comments,this comment above sound rude of u.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
mannet:

Gentiger please learn to be modest in ur comments,this comment above sound rude of u.
So you too knows he lack MANNERS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chybabe200: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Gentiger I go advice you make you no mind this pple. Plenty pple for this forum understands wetin you dey talk. The few wety dey always yab u no dey happy say u dey oppose their views. Make I tell you, every genuine selectee listens to u and does wetin you say. Read posts for 2 previous pages and see pples talking abt NPC and authenticating it even though these ogas no gree you talk. We dey enjoy you jare. If I be you, just they post wetin you know say be true. People read and make a decision. No follow them argue.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
chybabe200:

Gentiger I go advice you make you no mind this pple. Plenty pple for this forum understands wetin you dey talk. The few wety dey always yab u no dey happy say u dey oppose their views. Make I tell you, every genuine selectee listens to u and does wetin you say. Read posts for 2 previous pages and see pples talking abt NPC and authenticating it even though these ogas no gree you talk. We dey enjoy you jare. If I be you, just they post wetin you know say be true. People read and make a decision. No follow them argue.

Thanks my sister. I am glad people truly do understand. Let me leave Bingo to his match.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
mannet:

Mannet, thanks for your observations. Tiwana, I am sincerely sorry if this offends your sensibility.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
I now realized that what makes man a man is not what he has between his legs.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gentiger:

Thanks my sister. I am glad people truly do understand. Let me leave Bingo to his match.
OMO ERAN!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
I now realized that what makes man a man is not what he has between his legs.
hehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
chybabe200:

There is no Oga here,have always said we are here to make things easy for ourselves and not complicate it. Most of the people that started this forum have all gone to US and forget helping others but i remained here cos i know how jittery people could be cos of the visa processing. Thats why am trying my best to lead them tru the easiest way of achieving their goals. Your comments wont deter me from correcting wrong infos here,maybe when i think am done in helping as many as i could , i will phase out.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
i wonder what d moderator of ds forum could be doing dt he cant block some post on ds forum am sick and tired of ds abuses,it is vry obvious d moderator so much love d misunderstanding on ds forum,for crying out loud d whole world is reading our post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.