Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922848 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by afobat2000: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
spoondar i know dat ur 4rm kenya okay.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
ifeanyi.abdul:
Thanks a bunch for sharing your travel experience! I have learnt a lot from you! God bless you! What a stressful experience u went through; I feel you! Please, I want to get something clear: You advised that once one gets his visa, he should depart ASAP! Is it that the 6 months expiration of ones visa is independent of the 3 months expiration of ones medical? Which do I follow - 6 months or 3 months?
yes your medicals expiration matters. how sure are they you are not bringing a disease into their country? i have left a month after my interview. i believe it is safer that way
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
afobat2000: spoondar i know dat ur 4rm kenya okay.
ok tongue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
Spoondar: Adzovia i am sorry for what happened, am planning to carry swahili sandles to sell there over summer hope i wont pay much.
here is the thing the U.S government expects you to declare any item you plan to sell in the country. i seriously do not know how you can go about that cause am sure you will be required to show your business papers and pay customs and duty on your goods. one thing i know about the usa is that they have huge tax system

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
adzovia:
here is the thing the U.S government expects you to declare any item you plan to sell in the country. i seriously do not know how you can go about that cause am sure you will be required to show your business papers and pay customs and duty on your goods. one thing i know about the usa is that they have huge tax system
guess am not lucky, will have to carry a few for my relatives only. Thanx for the information.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jay92: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
honeydee:

Happy for u dear. I'll join u soon by God's grace. Hope it wasn't a tough time with immigratn
welcome oooo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gulfkid: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
adzovia:

You are right Adzovia, however, i observed on the customs and immigration form that would be given to you on the aircraft shortly before landing in US, it states that you must declare all the goods you are carrying regardless if they are for sale or not and also indicated that US Citizens/Legal Immigrants are allowed a tax cut of $800 on such items while Non-Immigrants enjoy only $100.

It's also highly advisable for you to weigh your bags at home before you leave for the airport. Most Airlines allow 2 boxes of 23kg per passenger and a hand luggage different from your laptop bag or things in that category. While for infants, 1 box of 23kg and a hand luggage.

Even though the customs and immigration form shared in the aircraft indicates that Citizens and Legal Immigrant aliens are excluded from filling the form, Please ensure you fill it. I didn't with my family before we arrived Houston Airport. We were made to fill it before we could pass the Immigration Desk.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chyk2020: 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
hello guys, this is chyk2020, reporting live from indiana, USA, though the temperature here is -3 degree which makes it too cold but anyway it is so lovely out here. i and wife entered USA O'hare international airport Chicago by 5pm usa time yesterday via turkish airline, that left lagos on 28th dec. by exactly 10:35pm and stopped at istanbul by 6:15am and left for and chicago by 1:45pm, we were on air for 11 hrs to chicago. we went through the necessary checking at the airport which lasted for about 1hr. wanna thank God that started this great things with me since 11th may 2012, when i first saw the first notification letter, for perfecting it. THANK YOU MY LORD JESUS. I SAY TO MY FELLOW FORUMITES, THANKS U GUYS ARE WONDERFUL, MERRY XMAS TO U ALL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. I WISH THAT THOSE WAITING FOR THERE INTERVIEW AND OTHER PROCESSING BE SUCCESSFUL. WHEN THEY WILL BE COMING THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE A SAVE TRIP TO USA. BYE FOR NOW.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
chyk2020: hello guys, this is chyk2020,
That is great enjoy yourself brother and happy new year!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Urgent question please especially for those that is in the state now; please what's the duration medical?,I mean is it 3 or 6months. And is it adviceable we come to USA with this big xray envelope?.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
Chyk2002 am suspecting i did the visa interview on the same day wit u on the 26th of nov, u where putting on a suit wit ur wife putting on a longsleeve shirt and a trouser it was d black angle dat granted u interview do i guess right.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
chyk2020: hello guys, this is chyk2020, reporting live from indiana, USA, though the temperature here is -3 degree which makes it too cold but anyway it is so lovely out here. i and wife entered USA O'hare international airport Chicago by 5pm usa time yesterday via turkish airline, that left lagos on 28th dec. by exactly 10:35pm and stopped at istanbul by 6:15am and left for and chicago by 1:45pm, we were on air for 11 hrs to chicago. we went through the necessary checking at the airport which lasted for about 1hr. wanna thank God that started this great things with me since 11th may 2012, when i first saw the first notification letter, for perfecting it. THANK YOU MY LORD JESUS. I SAY TO MY FELLOW FORUMITES, THANKS U GUYS ARE WONDERFUL, MERRY XMAS TO U ALL AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR. I WISH THAT THOSE WAITING FOR THERE INTERVIEW AND OTHER PROCESSING BE SUCCESSFUL. WHEN THEY WILL BE COMING THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE A SAVE TRIP TO USA. BYE FOR NOW.
Congratulations CHYK for safe arrival in the States. To God be the Glory. Go live the American Dream. Big up man
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
chirpywest: Urgent question please especially for those that is in the state now; please what's the duration medical?,I mean is it 3 or 6months. And is it adviceable we come to USA with this big xray envelope?.
Medicals 6 months. Carry the envelope in case. u neva can tell. Goodluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by naahluv: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Gudday Landerz,i'll be happy to be engligthen.my brother won the dv.while applying he wrote that he had the high skull cert whereas heu was in the high skull without cert,he "was sure to make it but he didn't" "they" ask for 12years of education will he be denied if he goes with his GCE slip?? i mean to show as prove that hue has a 12 years education.plz help Temmy n other that can. thank's
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
ogba1:
Medicals 6 months. Carry the envelope in case. u neva can tell. Goodluck
Thanks bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2012
naahluv: Gudday Landerz,i'll be happy to be engligthen.my brother won the dv.while applying he wrote that he had the high skull cert whereas heu was in the high skull without cert,he "was sure to make it but he didn't" "they" ask for 12years of education will he be denied if he goes with his GCE slip?? i mean to show as prove that hue has a 12 years education.plz help Temmy n other that can. thank's
Did he sat for WAEC at all and what's the grade? Or didn't he made any subject? What do u mean by GCE slip?.is he yet to write the GCE?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
naahluv: Gudday Landerz,i'll be happy to be engligthen.my brother won the dv.while applying he wrote that he had the high skull cert whereas heu was in the high skull without cert,he "was sure to make it but he didn't" "they" ask for 12years of education will he be denied if he goes with his GCE slip?? i mean to show as prove that hue has a 12 years education.plz help Temmy n other that can. thank's
im not trying to be pessimistic but i dont think he will be able to convince d co with just a gce slip. What were his grades in d ssce he wrote? Meanwhile, he ought to have written d gce dat was concluded about 2months. Anyway, may God help him.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
adzovia: to answer everyone. i went to kotoka international airport to board the delta flight to Philadelphia. i had excess luggage cause my family in the states wanted a lot of fish and african wear. upon reaching the airport the airline said my bags was too heavy. the lady advised me to take one extra bag and put my things inside. after doing that i ended up paying for 2 extra bags which cause me $400. i believed that raised a red flag with them since i did not complain about the money so there was a white lady there who asked the security guys to check my bags. all my bags were opened the fish i parceled nicely so they wont smell were also opened and wrapped back. after all this i was asked to check in my bags and go through immigration. after i was done and i moved upstairs to board the flight, i was asked again to do drug test which i did by urinating in a cup for them. after that i was asked to board. i was annoyed and very disappointed cause i have never gone through such a search throughout my previous travels.
anyway upon reaching JFK in New York which was my point of entry i went through customs and the brown envelope was taken from me. i must state that i met a guy in the room whose medicals had expired and he was threatened with deportation. please leave as soon as you get your visa. so my passport was stamped and my dv number was written on it.
i took my connecting flight to Philadelphia and my folks picked me up to NEW JERSEY. because of all the troubles at the Ghanaian airport i was too tired so after unpacking and taking my bath i went straight to bed. anyway the weather is soo cold remember to bring warm clothings.
its a pity that u went through such annoying stress. Everything happen for a reason. Your experience myt be to teach som1 a lesson that will help him/her get to USA wit our deportation. "...all things worketh together for good of them that believe".
Thank God u made it finally to USA cos u ar stil better than those who had problem or who was never selected @ d first place. Rejoice dear cos ur God "never sleeps nor slumbers", He "watches over you like He watches over Isreal". Though the storm myt rage and sea trembles, our expected end will still be our destination.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
hello house, my case no is 15kplus, pls when shd i be expecting my interview?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by blesssami: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ spoondar I think ur form Kenya I need to help me I want to know how to process my medical in Nairobi pliz if u can c
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Husmern: hello house, my case no is 15kplus, pls when shd i be expecting my interview?
May/June bro.Stay Blessed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
I wana welcum doz who jst got 2 de united states,may GOD mek a way 4 u guys nd grant u beta jobs,AMEN.we re prone 2 SUCCESS nd it ain't our fault nah.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 12:34am On Dec 31, 2012
Season Greetings To You All In The House, This is Saddy, reporting live from New York City, USA. Firstly, I thank God for journey mercy. I left lagos on 28th Dec. 07:45am, had stop over at casablanca 12:55pm and left for NYC. T'was 8hrs journey from casablanca to NY. Before landing, a form was given to me to declear all stuff with me,(including BTA). Got to NY around 4pm(U.S time)... went through the necessary checking at JFK airport and it lasted for 15minutes. Then I went to carry my luggage... My host already waiting for me at the arrival point. Thanks to all who supply me the info needed, right from day 1 I join this forum... God bless you all and to those going for interview next month and thereafter, I pray you all shall find favour in sight of God and CO. God bless and Happy New Year In Advance

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2012
blesssami: @ spoondar I think ur form Kenya I need to help me I want to know how to process my medical in Nairobi pliz if u can contact me through this e-mail life_ethio@yahoo.com
i have explained it to mohamed shire in the previous page 336 please read there and see if it might help you. I hope by this time you have both Eritriea and Uganda police records with you. Wil email you latersmiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:05am On Dec 31, 2012
saddy101: Season Greetings To You All In The House, This is Saddy, reporting live from New York City, USA. Happy New Year In Advance
Happy new year to you and be blessed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:11am On Dec 31, 2012
gulfkid: This might also be useful on this thread.

If you are thinking of coming to Texas and you are a graduate but know your course of study is not one of the well sort after areas in the US, you may want to check this out.

NOTE: You will be qualified for financial Aid and loan to cover the total cost as a Legal Immigrant.
[i][/i]

http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/healthit/summer.asp

Health IT 9-Week Certificate Program

Overview of Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange Certificate Program:

Nine-week, full-time program offered three times per year (January, June, and September).
Designed to “fast track” university graduates into Health IT employment
Recognition and support from and collaboration with pioneers in the e-health industry, healthcare providers and government
Expert faculty in both theoretical and applied areas of Health IT.
180 hours of course content in healthcare policy, economics, electronic health records, health information exchange, project management, workflow and process redesign, quality improvement, and the business of medicine.
Real-world practicum experience with vendors, consultants and healthcare providers
Professional development and job placement services, including help with resumes, interview skills, and events that connect students with Health IT executives and hiring managers.
Certificate program is first in the nation to:
deliver hands-on learning with multiple electronic health record systems side-by-side in a one-of-a kind Health IT Learning Center
provide a health information exchange laboratory (HIE) for students to gain hands-on experience with healthcare data interoperability in a simulated environment
graduate students from an ONC-funded university based training program!
On average, 92% of program graduates seeking Health IT jobs have found employment with more than 40 organizations in Texas and nationwide
Recognition and affirmation from Dr. Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, and Dr. David Blumenthal, former National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, United States Health and Human Service

“The EHR Learning Lab itself was extraordinary.” A.C.

“It was incredible to have the chance to work with six systems—in all likelihood, no matter which area of the industry I enter into, that knowledge will be an incredible tool.” M.D.

Intensive contact with the Health IT business community is facilitated throughout the program by the inclusion of expert speakers from government and industry.

“I felt privileged to have multiple guest speakers address us from various viewpoints, such as a community health perspective, public policy approach, and global research agenda.” N.F.

“One part of the program that absolutely should not go unnoticed is the quality of the guest speakers that we were fortunate enough to have.” E.H.

“Another facet to the program was various guest speakers from the healthcare and HIT industry. They brought different perspectives and helped tie in topics that I had been reading in journal articles. I will never forget Dr. Deborah Peel and her discussion on patient privacy rights. She exuded passion, dedication, and a thorough understanding of her work. I feel very lucky that knowledgeable speakers were a part of this program.” V.R.

Students in the program are placed into two-week practica in major cities in Texas and around the nation with vendors, consultants, healthcare providers and government. Click here for a list of practicum hosts.

"The final 3 weeks of the program I was assigned to e-MDs for my practicum experience. This is the portion of the program that really got me excited to be involved. I shadowed a support team called the A-team for one week, the implementation project manager team for a week and the onsite chart training team for a week… All in all, the experience with e-MDs was wonderful and got me very excited about my future in HIT, especially since I found that practically everything I learned in the classroom was relevant and applied at e-MDs." D.S.

"Our last class was the practicum where we had a specific internship. I was working in Austin with CTG, a consulting company. I was specifically working on the environmental scan analysis. I had no clue as to what that was going in and asked someone but they said "I don't know, but I'm sure you will know all about it when you're finished". After a week in I knew exactly what it was. I worked with Mr. Jim Campbell looking at the survey responses from several Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in Texas. We analyzed all of the data received and made conclusions, drew trends, and supported them with charts and graphs. Our conclusions were presented at the Texas Health Services Authority board meeting which was really exciting to see! We were also working on finding more about e-prescribing in different pharmacies as well as public health. I used the terminology from our workflow class and used the combined knowledge of all of the classes to give me a basic understanding of what was going on. They treated us like junior analysts and gave us a lot of work to do, but it was all worth it." S.T.

Students

To help graduates who successfully complete the program find immediate employment in the field of Health IT, students are provided with career resources including workshops on resumes and cover letters, informational interviewing, and job interview preparation. A highlight of the program is the opportunity for students to carry out research projects focused on current topics in Health IT and to present their findings to industry experts in a poster format.

A total of 333 students (in six cohorts ) have graduated from the program since June 2010. Employment statistics for graduates seeking Health IT jobs averages 92%. The number of on-campus interviews facilitated for each cohort has grown over time, and students receive from 2-11 interviews. The average salary of program graduates is 52,000. Salaries accepted by graduates have ranged from $42,000 - >$100,000.

tanx bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 2:40am On Dec 31, 2012
Please Guru's.. Whats the difference between High School, No Degree & High School Diploma.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:46am On Dec 31, 2012
saddy101: Season Greetings To You All In The House, This is Saddy, reporting live from New York City, USA. Firstly, I thank God for journey mercy. I left lagos on 28th Dec. 07:45am, had stop over at casablanca 12:55pm and left for NYC. T'was 8hrs journey from casablanca to NY. Before landing, a form was given to me to declear all stuff with me,(including BTA). Got to NY around 4pm(U.S time)... went through the necessary checking at JFK airport and it lasted for 15minutes. Then I went to carry my luggage... My host already waiting for me at the arrival point. Thanks to all who supply me the info needed, right from day 1 I join this forum... God bless you all and to those going for interview next month and thereafter, I pray you all shall find favour in sight of God and CO. God bless and Happy New Year In Advance
Welcome to the US of A.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chyk2020: 2:46am On Dec 31, 2012
peters ife: Chyk2002 am suspecting i did the visa interview on the same day wit u on the 26th of nov, u where putting on a suit wit ur wife putting on a longsleeve shirt and a trouser it was d black angle dat granted u interview do i guess right.
you are correct brother, so how far you, where are you? are u in USA now, if yes which part are you. please can you describe yourself a bit if i will know you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:51am On Dec 31, 2012
you all ,welcome to America grin grin others,welcome in advance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.