Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923345 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 3:14am On Dec 31, 2012
Spoondar: Happy new year to you and be blessed.
Much thanks sis.. Wishing you successful interview ahead

brightmon:
Welcome to the US of A.
Yes boss! gringringrin... I'll mail you later in the day

temmytanny: you all ,welcome to America grin grin others,welcome in advance
Much thanks boss! Cold here no get part 2 ooo! I no fit step out yesterday
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 3:56am On Dec 31, 2012
saddy101: Season Greetings To You All In The House, This is Saddy, reporting live from New York City, USA. Firstly, I thank God for journey mercy. I left lagos on 28th Dec. 07:45am, had stop over at casablanca 12:55pm and left for NYC. T'was 8hrs journey from casablanca to NY. Before landing, a form was given to me to declear all stuff with me,(including BTA). Got to NY around 4pm(U.S time)... went through the necessary checking at JFK airport and it lasted for 15minutes. Then I went to carry my luggage... My host already waiting for me at the arrival point. Thanks to all who supply me the info needed, right from day 1 I join this forum... God bless you all and to those going for interview next month and thereafter, I pray you all shall find favour in sight of God and CO. God bless and Happy New Year In Advance
Happy new year to you and your family. May d favour of God continue to shine on you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 5:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Chyk2020 i was putting on a suit, holding a black lylon wit my documents in it, after submitting my document, i was standing looking for somewhere to sit, before d security created a space for me to sit.my interview was succesful i will be heading 2 newjersey in feb all alone, nd i want to complete my traditional marriage rite wit my wife, pls how does d enviroment look like. Cos my wife is afraid that if i go, i might nt come back again. I ve assured her dat i gonna come back after1 yr.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:25am On Dec 31, 2012
saddy101: Season Greetings To You All In The House, This is Saddy, reporting live from New York City, USA. Firstly, I thank God for journey mercy. I left lagos on 28th Dec. 07:45am, had stop over at casablanca 12:55pm and left for NYC. T'was 8hrs journey from casablanca to NY. Before landing, a form was given to me to declear all stuff with me,(including BTA). Got to NY around 4pm(U.S time)... went through the necessary checking at JFK airport and it lasted for 15minutes. Then I went to carry my luggage... My host already waiting for me at the arrival point. Thanks to all who supply me the info needed, right from day 1 I join this forum... God bless you all and to those going for interview next month and thereafter, I pray you all shall find favour in sight of God and CO. God bless and Happy New Year In Advance
Congratulations Saddy101. Live American Dream and Happy New Year broda
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:53am On Dec 31, 2012

Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:56am On Dec 31, 2012
adzovia: to answer everyone. i went to kotoka international airport to board the delta flight to Philadelphia. i had excess luggage cause my family in the states wanted a lot of fish and african wear. upon reaching the airport the airline said my bags was too heavy. the lady advised me to take one extra bag and put my things inside. after doing that i ended up paying for 2 extra bags which cause me $400. i believed that raised a red flag with them since i did not complain about the money so there was a white lady there who asked the security guys to check my bags. all my bags were opened the fish i parceled nicely so they wont smell were also opened and wrapped back. after all this i was asked to check in my bags and go through immigration. after i was done and i moved upstairs to board the flight, i was asked again to do drug test which i did by urinating in a cup for them. after that i was asked to board. i was annoyed and very disappointed cause i have never gone through such a search throughout my previous travels.
anyway upon reaching JFK in New York which was my point of entry i went through customs and the brown envelope was taken from me. i must state that i met a guy in the room whose medicals had expired and he was threatened with deportation. please leave as soon as you get your visa. so my passport was stamped and my dv number was written on it.
i took my connecting flight to Philadelphia and my folks picked me up to NEW JERSEY. because of all the troubles at the Ghanaian airport i was too tired so after unpacking and taking my bath i went straight to bed. anyway the weather is soo cold remember to bring warm clothings.

Welcome to America.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2012
peters ife: Chyk2020 i was putting on a suit, holding a black lylon wit my documents in it, after submitting my document, i was standing looking for somewhere to sit, before d security created a space for me to sit.my interview was succesful i will be heading 2 newjersey in feb all alone, nd i want to complete my traditional marriage rite wit my wife, pls how does d enviroment look like. Cos my wife is afraid that if i go, i might nt come back again. I ve assured her dat i gonna come back after1 yr.

Assure and continue to re-assure your wife my bro.your wife probably may have heard a lot of stories, she has nothing to fear since you are committed to her and you are legal permanent residence you can move in and go out at will.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2012
Adzovia baby and cyk2020 you are highly welcome may God be with you and your family happy new year in advance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ediofeboyz: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2012
saddy101:
Much thanks sis.. Wishing you successful interview ahead

Yes boss! gringringrin... I'll mail you later in the day

Much thanks boss! Cold here no get part 2 ooo! I no fit step out yesterday

Wow!
Our God is awesome indeed! the adzovias and saddys who were askin qns on this forum hav landed in the states, success in obamaland my bros and sisz.
the same God will also make our American dream come true in 2013.
see u in USA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 9:30am On Dec 31, 2012
@brightmon ok, now i understand. brother, there is nothing you can do now not till 5yrs time.
Brightmon, I don’t agree with you on this issue. There is something the young man can do.
1. Since you already have your visa with you, go to the US get your green card and spend 1 year there while communicating with your intended wife.
2. Come back after one year, for your introduction, marriage rites and marriage.
3. Take your to the embassy and file your marriage papers with the embassy before you depart to the US, the embassy will investigate the marriage and if they are satisfied your wife will definitely be granted visa to join you in the US.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 9:49am On Dec 31, 2012
peters ife: Chyk2020 i was putting on a suit, holding a black lylon wit my documents in it, after submitting my document, i was standing looking for somewhere to sit, before d security created a space for me to sit.my interview was succesful i will be heading 2 newjersey in feb all alone, nd i want to complete my traditional marriage rite wit my wife, pls how does d enviroment look like. Cos my wife is afraid that if i go, i might nt come back again. I ve assured her dat i gonna come back after1 yr.
hey brother, since she is a doctor why dont you go with copies of her transcript then search around NJ any university you enroll her she will join you as a student and life continues. Need to get in touch withe other doctor who got a visa. She'l help you out what do you think?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2012
Wishing all member of this forum prosperus new year in advance. I pray that may the Lord almighty give us our hearth desire and favour of almighty God shall be with us during our interview next year.

For those of us still waiting for our 2NL, it shall be landed safely and we shall benefit in the favour of God as we are passing through the interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 10:17am On Dec 31, 2012
Please forumite, I asked a question sometimes ago and I will still repeat the question as quoted below:
"I said if a visa is granted to a couple and later the wife as a principal applicant delivered a baby after the issuing of the visa, but yet to travel to U.S before delivering. What will be the step to be taken to ensure that the newly born baby will be beneficiary of the dv visa or is the baby going to wait for another 5year before filing for him?" What and what steps to be taken.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2012
remkay2012: Please forumite, I asked a question sometimes ago and I will still repeat the question as quoted below:
"I said if a visa is granted to a couple and later the wife as a principal applicant delivered a baby after the issuing of the visa, but yet to travel to U.S before delivering. What will be the step to be taken to ensure that the newly born baby will be beneficiary of the dv visa or is the baby going to wait for another 5year before filing for him?" What and what steps to be taken.

Why dont you take your passport if you are the principal winner and that of the new born child to the embassy. As a potential Green Card holder, you are accorded great attention only second to a citizen. They will give you audience at the embassy and everything you need to know and do will be communicated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 10:27am On Dec 31, 2012
@ remkay2012 Please forumite, I asked a question sometimes ago and I will still repeat the question as quoted below:

1. Inform KCC and Copy Lagos if you are a Nigerian
2. You may need to fill form DSP 230 for the baby and the passport photo
3. Prepare the babies interpassport
4. Take the baby for medi but if KCC say all these are not required, then the baby will be registered at POE in the US. Hope this helps?
@ remkay2012 Please forumite, I asked a question sometimes ago and I will still repeat the question as quoted below:

4. Take the baby for medi but if KCC say all these are not required, then the baby will be registered at POE in the US. Hope this helps?

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2012
congrat to advozia, saddy & chyk on ur arrival in state.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Thank u guys for ur candid advice, God will take control of the whole situation.i wish i culd see u guys in states.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 11:05am On Dec 31, 2012
pjogutum1: @ remkay2012 Please forumite, I asked a question sometimes ago and I will still repeat the question as quoted below:

Thanks but I'm saying if this happened after visa has been approved or Issued. Are they going to issue seperate visa for the baby or call for another interview because of the baby. This is from Nigeria
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2012
gunners4u: congrat to advozia, saddy & chyk on ur arrival in state.

Chyk never go..till Feb he said.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by engyadewale(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2012
Hello House,
My case number is 2013AF00014*** but yet to receive my second notification letter. I have sent a mail to KCC and the response reads

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Diversity Visa Unit
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

What should I do because I'm becoming restless and tired of waiting. Please advise me on what to do. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
Saddy101 how much did u pay as flight ticket on royal air morroc, and pls chyk202 how much did u pay on turkish air to states.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2012
temmytanny: you all ,welcome to America grin grin others,welcome in advance
tanx 2 u temmy,am lukin 4ward 2 see u wen i get 2 texas by nxt year nd by SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD.its wel
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by owobabaisabella: 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dear January,how is February? Please tell March that April said May will come
before June,i heard that July is getting married in August,how about
September and her kids? Please send my greeting to October and don't
forget to tell November that all our fans reading this will end December in a
happy mode. >>Have a happy last monday of the year 2012. Happy new year in advance to every member of this forum, congrats to those that just landed in God's own country and to we that are waiting for 2nd NL n interview in 2013,success is all ours IJN,amen.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by osram(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
Gentiger:

Nwa nna omu kibulu onu nine a? Isiri nomunwa bidolu nsogbu? Ogadinma. Obu maka afagi ka nji we gbagi nkiti. Mana imeketa kwuo ozo, nmachie gi nti.
guy na igbo or yoruba u b?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
engyadewale: Hello House,
My case number is 2013AF00014*** but yet to receive my second notification letter. I have sent a mail to KCC and the response reads

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Diversity Visa Unit
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

What should I do because I'm becoming restless and tired of waiting. Please advise me on what to do. Thank you for your anticipated response.
Don't be tired of waiting cos if u are from Nigeria, the number that will be going for interview in the month of february 2013 is from 2013af000010000 to 11000 and most of them are yet to receive their 2NL talk more of you that is having 14kplus so just relax and be planning,focus on this forum and visa bulletin and stop worrying urself cos ur interview is still far.hope justice has been done to ur request.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
osram: guy na igbo or yoruba u b?

Hahaha! I am wazobia with a touch of English and very little of French.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ahmedgafar7(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
Adzovia baby and cyk2020 you are highly welcome may God be with you and your family happy new year in advance.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2012
@saddy101 am happy 4u,welcome to AMERICA.......catch u there sooonest
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
Happy new year to my beloved people of Nairaland. I can see plenty chickens, goats and cows laying down their lives for our sakes. Enjoy boo!

Please what's the EXACT cost of medicals at Ikoyi, especially for those who recently did theirs this month? I intend to do mine this week.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by atseyi(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2012
To All who have just arrive in the US,Welcome to America...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2012
Gentiger: Happy new year to my beloved people of Nairaland. I can see plenty chickens, goats and cows laying down their lives for our sakes. Enjoy boo!

Please what's the EXACT cost of medicals at Ikoyi, especially for those who recently did theirs this month? I intend to do mine this week.
N28,500 Inclusive of vaccines. Goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by odunmanuel: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2012
Hapy nw year 2 u all in advance,wish u al more testimonies 2 come on board.See u nxt yr 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.