Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923400 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pls ma peepz can i change my interview country, av already fill Lagos Embassy but nw thinking of Ghana Embassy.. Any hope pls... Before dis peepz schedule ƒσя interview... Also praying ƒσя Transfer of CO w16..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:02am On Jan 29, 2013
Helo man,congratulations man...dats a sharp news of de week nd u're free 2 share ur news...I wil see u in America by April 2013.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 12:08am On Jan 29, 2013
Amedino1: Pls ma peepz can i change my interview country, av already fill Lagos Embassy but nw thinking of Ghana Embassy.. Any hope pls... Before dis peepz schedule ƒσя interview... Also praying ƒσя Transfer of CO w16..
Dude u're very funny,dis is so hilarious.jst pray dat window 16 shuld b interviewin non-immigrants dat week.but jst read ur best subject nd knw sum topics in maths nd biology...den notin 2 worry abt anymore grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 12:32am On Jan 29, 2013
tycoon77:

More gud things to com to ur life!!! America u go nw....
Thanks bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 12:38am On Jan 29, 2013
uniqueprivacy: Glory be to God almighty for His goodness upon my life. forumites pls join me to glorify God for a successful interview.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2013
Amedino1: Pls ma peepz can i change my interview country, av already fill Lagos Embassy but nw thinking of Ghana Embassy.. Any hope pls... Before dis peepz schedule ƒσя interview... Also praying ƒσя Transfer of CO w16..
nero xp said it all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 12:49am On Jan 29, 2013
Haha! Its good that you have lost weight. Even though in Africa being fat is misconstrued as good living, obesity is highly frowned upon. Loose all the weight you can bro and I bet you will be sharp and swift in Texas/LA.

peace

Gentiger:

Thanks dear. I have lost weight thinking all sought of funny thoughts. I'll be there in the morning to pick it up. Thanks once again.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:39am On Jan 29, 2013
Greetings to the house and congratulations to all who had a successful interview and for those who were denied take heart, life continues.

Please this question is for graduates that have done their interview Attention: Gentiger, for those with MBA, BSC, Diploma in Networking and Professional Certifications from Cisco and Microsoft as highest qualification do the CO’s still ask them to choose their best subjects in O’level or is it based on their professional area?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:01am On Jan 29, 2013
pjogutum1: Greetings to the house and congratulations to all who had a successful interview and for those who were denied take heart, life continues.

Please this question is for graduates that have done their interview Attention: Gentiger, for those with MBA, BSC, Diploma in Networking and Professional Certifications from Cisco and Microsoft as highest qualification do the CO’s still ask them to choose their best subjects in O’level or is it based on their professional area?

You are exempted from O'levels. Focus on best courses and final year project. It's not out of place though to read up your best O'level course just in case.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2013
@Gentiger You are exempted from O'levels. Focus on best courses and final year project. It's not out of place though to read up your best O'level course just in case.

Thanks no problem with O'level courses at least i can still remember my Econs, Govt, and Eng very well, just to be sure as not to be cought unguided when the time comes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by paa11(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2013
laura da brat: greetings house.
pls i have something troubling me...i sent some of our marriage pics and certificates together with the forms to KCC and i was wondering if i will see them again blc i noticed that it was not necessary. gentiger or any1 please respond to me.

Don't be worried, they will send everything back to the embassy and if its not needed they will give them back to u at the time of your interview because my passport pictures I sent to KCC was given back to me and they collected new ones before I was Interviewed
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2013
Please house, the $330 for visa fees, is it going to be pay in dollar at the embassy or naira equivalent? cash or through atm? please let me know. thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by paa11(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2013
uniqueprivacy: Glory be to God almighty for His goodness upon my life. forumites pls join me to glorify God for a successful interview. My experience coming shortly.

Congrats to u, go live your American dream
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2013
ksjlar: Haha! Its good that you have lost weight. Even though in Africa being fat is misconstrued as good living, obesity is highly frowned upon. Loose all the weight you can bro and I bet you will be sharp and swift in Texas/LA.

peace

Thanks brother. I just want to pass this phase and move in to the next
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2013
seye4God: THE MIRACULOUS BIRTH OF OUR DIVINE TWINS

I will always serve, worship and sing praises to the Lord for what He did for my family in year 2011.

JEHOVAH should be glorified on our behalf. It was like a dream or let me say it was a drama. I couldn't believe what I experienced that day and I don’t think I will ever forget either. When there was none to call upon during 2011 Nigerian Presidential Election but God. He (God) was there at the beginning and saw us through to the end and He will forever be our guiding PAPA in Jesus precious name.

The miracle drama began on early morning of Saturday, 16th April 2011 at about 12.45am (as earlier stated, it was the day of Nigerian Presidential Election). There was a restriction of movement due to nationwide curfew from 10pm of Friday 15th, to 6am of Saturday 16th, April 2011. My wife woke me @12.45am or thereabout to rob her leg. I was doing that when she complained again of back pain. It did not occur to me that she was about to deliver even to her that had had such experience during our first daughter’s birth. One of the greatest things God did was to make sure that there was no interruption of power supply throughout that day (in Nigeria, power interruption is not new; it has been part of our daily affair).

My brain started ringing bell immediately I saw her urinate on several occasions. I confronted her about the arrival of the twins as we had earlier known when she did her pregnancy scan. As devil would have his way, five neighbours of ours have cars but only bad-one was parked in the compound as this time. All other cars were in various motor mechanic workshops for servicing and maintenance. I summoned courage to go out at 1.25am to inform a nurse at the next building. I just wasted time without seeing anyone to assist until when I visited for the second time. I was told the nurse was not around and that there was no car either to convene my wife to the hospital.

Having prepared the needed materials for her delivery which were in two bags, I told her to wait at the gate where three men, one woman and myself were seeking for someone who could assist us to convey her to the nearby hospital. All our efforts were wasted without yielding any result. We made several phone calls without any positive response. As we decided to walk instead of looking for car, we saw her on the bared sand-floor where she was struggling to deliver the first girl – TAIWO. As I was about telling her to stand up, a neighbour and I saw the baby’s head coming out, the neighbour ran away immediately when he saw it and started shouting for help. Rather than running away, I kneeled down to use my hands in accepting the baby rather than allowing her to touch ground. I cried for help since I did not know how to cut the placenta. The time should be 1.45am or thereabout. Taiwo was in my hands and there was none to cut the placenta. My wife only told me to cover the baby with her scarf which I did immediately. She said because of breeze.

Looking round, I could see hundred of neighbours who were seeking for the person that could assist us. There were prayers left and right since no one knew what else to do. What a mystery! After I successfully covered Taiwo with the scarf, I shouted for help. I saw that the baby was well and sound; even though she was not crying as at that time. Nevertheless, my heart was troubled about the condition of my wife and the 2nd child (KEHINDE) in her womb.

As we were making several phone calls and looking for a professional nurse to attend to her, some women ran to look for traditional nurses (Agbebi) at the nearby Celestial Church on the advice of a qualified nurse we spoke with on phone. What else did you expect from beloved brethren who were with us? Some were blaming me for not allowing her to have come out early; some were saying another thing; while some were running to quickly solve the issue on ground. Like I said earlier, my wife and I did not know that her time was due because there was no sign at all. It was when I noticed her urinating simultaneously that I discovered. “Blame or no blame, I pitied people that were denied of their comfort just to come to render assistance to us. None of our neighbours could sleep because of this critical issue. Some people that even live far from our house also woke to assist us when they heard the thunderous noise. The time should be 2.05am if I was not mistaken. (It is good to be good). I did not let that weigh me down; I was just making phone calls to see how we could quickly resolve the issue rather than listening to futile castigations. “It is an emergency” that was what I was saying to my subconscious mind.

If I may be right, the time was 2.10am when the two traditional nurses arrived. They peacefully cut the placenta and handed Taiwo to a lady who knew how to clean new born baby’s body. I saw her off to my room where Taiwo was cleaned. I was told to be patient even though my name was not patience. They also asked me to leave the bared sand-floor (her delivery room to say). They placed clothes under her and she was told to push for Kehinde to come out. What I noticed was that, Kehinde who had already coming closed to Taiwo when God carried the delivery through me, moved up instantly and that made it difficult for the traditional nurses. They ordered us to bring Taiwo and placed her close to her mother for her twins’ sister – Kehinde’s delivery (I was told if Kehinde should hear taiwo’s cry, she will come out). All practical experiments performed on this sand were in vain. It was as if they knew what was happening. After wasting almost 30minutes on the bared sand-floor at the front of our house, the two traditional nurses with one of our neighbours, who joined them when they were coming to rescue the weak woman – my wife (what a pity!), quickly carried her helpless, naked and weak body to almost 10meters away from our house.

About the financial part, we thanked God; I was on MTN Happy Hour (free calls of 12.30am – 4.30am). All phone calls to MTN lines were free of charge since I had more than N100 credit during that period. As my phone was on, my parents could hear what was happening underground but they could not come because of the nationwide curfew. Our pastor, brothers, aunties, uncles and in-laws whom I had earlier informed of the situation equally joined us in prayers. Don’t forget our neighbours and all well-wishers – numbers in hundred, were outside praying in whatever language they understood both in Islamic and Christianity ways.

On getting to the church, she was placed on a concrete floor in the compound and I was denied to have access to her. There was an aged woman who mounted the gate and denied any of our neighbours, friends or other women to gain access too except the two traditional nurses and other assigned women. Checking the time, it should be 2.45am. The Church Elder-in-Charge went up with a ringing-bell shouting the name of JEHOVAH, all members who were around during vigil were equally joined us in prayer. Hundred of neighbours and well-wishers were calling on the name of God for quick intervention. I wanted to pray but when the spirit reminded me of my vow to God several years back; I started praising, worshiping and thanking God instead.

While doing this, I then made a vow that the world will hear about the story if God should allow my wife to deliver Kehinde peacefully with the mother and daughter alive – (that was the genesis of this great testimony and why YOU hear of it too!). God knows better than we do. It is the Lord’s doing and it is marvellous in our sight. It took them another 30minutes before she finally delivered Kehinde and placenta came almost immediately. I was rolling on a bared sand-floor as a token of my appreciation to God. Kehinde was brought to my room at about 3.28am; I am 1,005% sure of this particular time because I checked and confirmed it. People were thanking God for the great work He had done.

Before 5.30am, after the traditional nurses had cleaned up my wife and the concrete floor where she delivered Kehinde; she was brought to our room to rest. I could see vividly that the poor woman was too weak. The traditional nurses said we should allow her to rest without any disturbance.

At exactly 6.05am, when the curfew period was over for about an hour, I saw my mother and two of my younger sisters coming from home to attend to her. After receiving them on the road, I briefed them of what took place and showed them the bared sand-floor where she delivered Taiwo in my hands. Our mother then asked us, “Where was JESUS CHRIST BORN?” My heart touched with her response.

Please, no matter how big your burden is just put your trust in God. Only Him can do what no man can’t do (Proverb 30:5). You are passing through that situation for a reason. Is there not a cause? (1Samuel 17:27-29) That was the response of David to his elder brother – Eliab when he visited them at the war camp. At the end, the young boy “David” defeated his country greatest enemy “Goliath” at the age of 10. Our God will not come down to do the work but will definitely send someone to assist us. Let us play our own part to keep serving and worshiping Him (Job 36:11-12; Deuteronomy 28:1-68). I am only sharing this story because of the vowed I made when she was about to delivered Kehinde.

My prayer is that; God will answer the prayer of all women who are seeking for the fruit of womb as He did to Sarah; Hannah; Rebecca; Elizabeth and others. All women that are conceived shall visit delivery room not labour room to deliver peacefully without any difficulty. All caring and loving parents will never bury their children or cry over anyone of them. We shall all enjoy the fruit of our labour; as we will not be found wanting when the time comes and rest in the LORD at old age (Job 5:26).
Please always remember our heavenly home. We shall all be present there in Jesus Precious Name.

I gave kudos to all MOTHERS! I saw the reality of how I and everyone reading this testimony were born. That is why the middle name of all women is “FAVOUR”. It is only Adam & Eve that were not conceived and delivered by any woman but all other living beings came out of WOMEN.

Kindly endeavour to share this great testimony to everyone around you for God’s name to be glorified. It was my vow to God during the struggle and I must definitely do it. Once, sharing this testimony attract nothing except to fulfil the vow I made to God. Share it with your congregation and other pastors around for God's name to be glorified.

Yours in His service.

OLUWASEYE IGE
Baba Ibeji - The Miracle Twins
seye4God@yahoo.com

Hmm dnt even knw wht to say. Mr seye may God be with u and ur family...Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by paa11(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2013
penticom: Please house, the $330 for visa fees, is it going to be pay in dollar at the embassy or naira equivalent? cash or through atm? please let me know. thanks

You can pay either in dollars or naira but its better to pay in naira equivalent because of counterfeit dollars and its cash only

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Phumbay: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Pls I dnt undastnd d colour of mathematics dt d co is askin,can u pls xplain dis.n congrats on d successful interview.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 9:37am On Jan 29, 2013
paa11:

You can pay either in dollars or naira but its better to pay in naira equivalent because of counterfeit dollars and its cash only
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2013
paa11:

pls house i dnt undastand pls can we pay in naira visa fees durin interview
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2013
@femo:
Pls house i dnt undastand pls can we pay in naira visa fees durin interview
Yes You can pay in naira. The rate for the excnage is N165 to $1. If you are sure of the authenticity of the dollars, if not pay with naira. God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:10am On Jan 29, 2013
Gudmornin my people in da house,hpe we all had a chocolate nite wit sum milky dreams..am much hapier dis mawnin as if I've gotten my visa already grin let's nt panic,atleast we're nw aware of de documents to provide nd also aware of window 16 nd hw 2 tackle her questions backed by GOD'S favour...so let's prepare 4 dis battle,fully equipped wit GOD'S armour nd swords cos we all re goin to triumph nd kum out of dat embassy victorous by GOD'S GRACE,AMEN.so let's jst be bold nd courageous,let's be vehement 2 understnd dat dis 2013 wil be our best year eva since we were born,nd dat testimonies will continue 2 flow in dis forum in de powerful mighty name of CHRIST JESUS,AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2013
kaypositve: Yes You can pay in naira. The rate for the excnage is N165 to $1. If you are sure of the authenticity of the dollars, if not pay with naira. God bless
i dont beliv infact dis is first time heard dis bt i stil disagree wit u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2013
My passport not ready for collection. The waiting continues. Just leaving GCC document collection centre.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jben5966: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2013
Hello house pls i need ur respond on dis issue of my wife we do introduction in dec 2007 and there we don't have ring and no marriage certificate to back it up but i have pics and video clip of d introduction, and now we have 2kid i want to ask what to do now pls. godhelpmoo,temmytanny,adsovia,jidedon2000,adesojiaderemi,and guru in the house pls i need your contribution to make a next step my interview is come now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by smoothsailor: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2013
Please everyone in the house i came accross this forum through the google and ever since i have been following the forum. My wife is also a winner of 2013 dvlottery which she played as single and we got married 31st of March this year and i included myself to the form we send to KCC and after thorough reading of the forum i understand there is alot to be asked on the interview day since she played as single and later got married and secondly i made a mistake during the filling of the form we send to KCC, our marriage date is 31st of march and which is what i wrote when filling my wife form but when i got to mine, i wrote 13th of march a mistake i did not take note until i send the form to KCC. Please i want to know if it is still possible to have this corrected before our interview date is sheduled and i will like to know what our chances are going for the interview as couples now. And form was sent to KCC through scan by email and they replied with the following message

Thank you for your inquiry.

The information you provided will be included in your case file for review.

Mary

Diversity Visa Unit

Support Contractor - Serco NA

CA/VO/KCC

Williamsburg, KY

Phone: (606) 526-7500

Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Privacy/PII

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger: My passport not ready for collection. The waiting continues. Just leaving GCC document collection centre.

Relax my brother. God is in control.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2013
smoothsailor: Please everyone in the house i came accross this forum through the google and ever since i have been following the forum. My wife is also a winner of 2013 dvlottery which she played as single and we got married 31st of March this year and i included myself to the form we send to KCC and after thorough reading of the forum i understand there is alot to be asked on the interview day since she played as single and later got married and secondly i made a mistake during the filling of the form we send to KCC, our marriage date is 31st of march and which is what i wrote when filling my wife form but we i got to mine i wrote 13th of march a mistake i did not take note until i send the form to KCC. Please i want to know if it is still possible have this corrected before our interview date is sheduled and i will like to know what our chances are going for the interview as couples now
yes u can resend d form only that page u filled marriage date nd pls dnt forget to write your case number up. Or you scan d page pls do it now.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2013
genlion: 1983 is my date of birth and dat wat am having on my NPC. but the challenge here is that on my waec, am aving 1982. although i intend using neco certificate. but am just thinking that wat if the co ask me of my waec cert wat should i say? also i av 2neco certs which i intend using one of it. I DONT HAVE MATHEMATICS IN ANY OF THESE CERTS BUT I AV ENGLISH. BSC IS MY HIGHEST QUALIFICATION

I thought WAEC started printing DOB on cert.from 2001. Does it mean you are using double DOBs? If you're born in 1983...stick to that all the time. What year did you enter the lottery with? The only thing u can change now is the NPC birth cert. and I hope that matches with the one KCC has.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 10:37am On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger: My passport not ready for collection. The waiting continues. Just leaving GCC document collection centre.
u wil surely collect it in jesus name
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 10:42am On Jan 29, 2013
@femo:
i dont beliv infact dis is first time heard dis bt i stil disagree wit u
Which of the statement you dont believe that you can pay your visa fees in Naira or Dollar ! check it out..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2013
@iamxpinoza,@uniqueprivacy,A Big Congratulation to you! am happy for you all...Shalom!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2013
smoothsailor: Please everyone in the house i came accross this forum through the google and ever since i have been following the forum. My wife is also a winner of 2013 dvlottery which she played as single and we got married 31st of March this year and i included myself to the form we send to KCC and after thorough reading of the forum i understand there is alot to be asked on the interview day since she played as single and later got married and secondly i made a mistake during the filling of the form we send to KCC, our marriage date is 31st of march and which is what i wrote when filling my wife form but when i got to mine, i wrote 13th of march a mistake i did not take note until i send the form to KCC. Please i want to know if it is still possible to have this corrected before our interview date is sheduled and i will like to know what our chances are going for the interview as couples now. And form was sent to KCC through scan by email and they replied with the following message

Thank you for your inquiry.
That is a Typo error and they understand them. Just fill the correct date, scan it and send it thru email. Dont you worry because you got married before the results were out so there wont be problems but please know each other well as in the side you sleep on your bed etc etc etc all will be well

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.