Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,029 members, 7,841,905 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (924249 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 10:46am On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger: My passport not ready for collection. The waiting continues. Just leaving GCC document collection centre.
Hey relax brother!! according to your itinerary you still have like 20 days before you depart so go easy on yourself huh tongue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:48am On Jan 29, 2013
uniqueprivacy: Glory be to God almighty for His goodness upon my life. forumites pls join me to glorify God for a successful interview.
congrats,welcome to AMERICA
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Leripa:

Relax my brother. God is in control.

Thanks dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:06am On Jan 29, 2013
Spoondar:
Hey relax brother!! according to your itinerary you still have like 20 days before you depart so go easy on yourself huh tongue

Thanks Spoondar. The waiting game is killing. Flight fare goes up if you purchase closer to the departure date. Well, I can only wait.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by vacancy: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2013
HOUSE NEED ADVICE OOOOOOOOO
1.A FAMILY OF FOUR REQUIRE HELP AND ADVICE ( SOMEONE TO STAY WITH IN MASSACHUSETTS. OR TO GET ACCOMMODATION. BECAUSE THE PERSON WE RELIED ON NEED THE ATTENTION OF HIS MOTHER TO TAKE CARE OF HIS NEW BABY.
2. I LEARN T USA SYSTEM GIVE PREFERENCE FOR WOMEN AND KIDS TO GET GRANTS.NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS GRANT IMMEDIATELY I GET INTO USA TO BE PRECISE IN MASSACHUSETTS. SOMEONE HAS POSTED THE GRANTS ON THIS FORUM BUT COULD NOT GET THE PAGE.
3.HOW TO GET JOBS IN MASSACHUSETTS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2013
@femo:
u wil surely collect it in jesus name

Thanks Femi.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 11:20am On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks dear.
Gentiger if u're complainin abt de waitin is killin u after ur visa has been approved already,den wat do u expect us waitin 2 be interviewed nd doz waitin 4 their 2NL nd even doz who're yet 2 be current 2 do den?? Pls my man,u've already crossed de bridge nd see u,see america.jst hav dis little patience afta all is notin compared 2 wen u were waitn 4 ur interview,,relax man grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2013
uniqueprivacy: Glory be to God almighty for His goodness upon my life. forumites pls join me to glorify God for a successful interview.
congratulations brother.....I'll share my success story too IJN!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 11:36am On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger: Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.
I have been away so long on this forum ,your interview experience is one of the things I have been looking forward to ,from your experience its all about knowledge and confidence .I am really happy for you ,I really am.To God be all the glory!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by oyidiyaagbayi: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Allybert][/quote] What a long interview.congratulations to u and ur family
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nuru231: 11:46am On Jan 29, 2013
Greetings house, I have one question, I'm waiting my 2NL. my wife can't make interview with me, she want next year after me, due to personal reasons do you think this is possible? what should I do? where should I inform this? Thank you, May the Lord help us!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:57am On Jan 29, 2013
nero xp:
Gentiger if u're complainin abt de waitin is killin u after ur visa has been approved already,den wat do u expect us waitin 2 be interviewed nd doz waitin 4 their 2NL nd even doz who're yet 2 be current 2 do den?? Pls my man,u've already crossed de bridge nd see u,see america.jst hav dis little patience afta all is notin compared 2 wen u were waitn 4 ur interview,,relax man grin

Different strokes for different folks. Thanks dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by widelink: 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
House, I had a very successful interview this morning with my wife and my daughter. I will gist you how God made it successful.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger:

Thanks dear.

Track it or call them so that you do not waste ur time and resources.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger:

Different strokes for different folks. Thanks dear.

What of those waiting to know yes or no from KCC, from Software & from May1?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by petersife: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hello house i bought my flight ticket to newyork yesterday, (arik air) they cost of their airfare is two hundred thousand and five hundred naira only, i made my reservation at d international airport.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
peters ife: Hello house i bought my flight ticket to newyork yesterday, (arik air) they cost of their airfare is two hundred thousand and five hundred naira only, i made my reservation at d international airport.

Why Arik? EgyptAir goes for N160K to NY.Save some coins people, u still have things to pay for over there!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
ferdimako:

What of those waiting to know yes or no from KCC, from Software & from May1?

The waiting is disorganising my schedules. I have a limited time within which to accept offers of employment. Well, other doors will surely open if I can't get thru this timely.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
peters ife: Hello house i bought my flight ticket to newyork yesterday, (arik air) they cost of their airfare is two hundred thousand and five hundred naira only, i made my reservation at d international airport.
arik air? why 200k to new york,forget being a national carrier its vry xpensive,egypt air 160k,Royal air maroc 138k u ought to ve save some money instead of going for arik air.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
widelink: House, I had a very successful interview this morning with my wife and my daughter. I will gist you how God made it successful.
Congrats,welcome to America
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger:

The waiting is disorganising my schedules. I have a limited time within which to accept offers of employment. Well, other doors will surely open if I can't get thru this timely.

That's why they say 'do not make a flight booking or life-changing arrangements until u have got ur passport with visa stamped on it'. Do the tracking,bro! I can understand u guys are in Lagos to be going to that Lekki without prior knowledge of passport being ready.Sure, many doors are open for you! U go work tire, come begin dey see doctors for back pains and go on vacation and come dey extend the vacations.No be for 9ja we dey beg for jobs all our lives.Haha!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nuru231: Greeting house, I have one question, I'm waiting my 2NL. my wife don't want to make interview with me, she want next year after me, do you think this is possible? what should I do? where should I inform this? Thank you, May the Lord help us!
hmmmm, y doesnt she want to go with u??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
Praise God wit me just collected my visa @ gentiger ve u collected yours
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
@peter, why cant u use airmoroc or qatar airline is cheaper
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Gentiger: My passport not ready for collection. The waiting continues. Just leaving GCC document collection centre.
i believe u will surely be given tomorrow it was wednesday we were told to come back i jst went by faith today because femsoj collected his yesteday
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seyesugar(f): 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote
author=widelink]House, I had a very successful interview this morning
with my wife and my daughter. I will gist you how God made it
successful.[/quote]congrat pls share your experience plsss
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
aint not dv winner going to colorado......
@ gentiger.........u wld get it tommorrow....go check
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
aint any dv winner going to colorado......
@ gentiger.........u wld get it tommorrow....go check
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Greeting house, I have one question, I'm waiting my 2NL. my wife don't want to make interview with me, she want next year after me, do you think this is possible? what should I do? where should I inform this? Thank you, May the Lord help us![/quote] [color=#006600][/color]if u are the principal and your wife is d beneficiary and 2kids ok. If truly u included your wife and 2kids surely during interview CO must ask your family you included so if truly you included your wife and 2kids u wil b ask and CO wil follow Dv rules and expect denial. Please beg your wife to follow no matter condition please beg her please. Then prepare nd b prayerful i pray God wil provide for u in d name of Jesus. So call your wife to listen to you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
widelink: House, I had a very successful interview this morning with my wife and my daughter. I will gist you how God made it successful.
pls share your experience
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
seyesugar: Praise God wit me just collected my visa @ gentiger ve u collected yours
congrat seyessugar

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.