Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,499 members, 7,861,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (926893 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
femsoj: Even if you know how to drive in Nigeria and you also have your drivers licence,you cant just get to US and start driving. I already know how to drive before coming to US and I even came here with my driver's licence, but you also need to apply for there driver's licence here before you can start driving. Here in Pennsylvania,this are the procedure to follow in applying for the licence. 1. You need to go to the department of transportation to pick up a form and also a driver's manual 2. You need to read the driver's manual and understand everything that is in it. 3. After reading the manual, you will go back to the Dept of transportation for a written test 4. After passing the test, you will be given a learners permit 5. The learners permit will be use by you for sometime before going back to the transport Dept for the driver's licence and before the driver license can be given, they will attach a officer to sit with you in your car while you drive (driving test) . It is after you pass the driving test that you will be issued the drivers license. Driving in the US is not about knowing how to drive, its all about knowing there rules

how is penns? can u pls tell me more about the state, the weather condition and other things about penn
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
@adesojiaderemi thank u so much ,GOD bless you.@nero xp my man,u don enter lag,i pray GOD wil lead and guide ur way,we wil all have good testimonies to share IJN(amen)i wil cal u wen i get to lag.SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
demmiereal:

You think its a common sense because you are well informed. Most people have already filled their forms ill advised and sent the forms to KCC before finding out about this forum. I am very sure that the DV 2014 winners will not make this same mistake.

@hilaryddrunk, I am very sorry for your lost. May the good Lord replenish you.

They will still make the mistake. You know what? People think Embassy doesn't follow through and this Nigerian mentality is still thick.I've come across so many people with family and they prefer to play single and boom you are selected, we start consoling.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
peters ife: Gentiger pls let d house ve d cost of flight ticket to newyork for ur findings at d airport.

I am so sorry house for my temporal absence. Duty calls . Flight ticket from airline to airline varies but the cheapest I saw was N141k to New York.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
jawad123:

Bulletin update ƒσя Naija 12151 †̥ 14500 ƒσя Apr

hey i didnt get this apart above could you explain

I means dose case btw 12151 to 14500 dat av sent dere form to KCC will get dere 2NL before ending of dis mnth n Interview by April 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
Imcool: Nope my highest educational qualification iz HND. U're getting my post wrong, what i mean is this- one of d reasons i didn't present my testimonial is dat my highest level of education iz not o'level but stil i presented my first attempted may june waec certificate to show dat i went thru secondary sch.

Okay.Once you have a higher qualification, the focus shifts from O'level.Am I right?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jawad123: 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
Amedino1:

I means dose case btw 12151 to 14500 dat av sent dere form to KCC will get dere 2NL before ending of dis mnth n Interview by April 2013

ohh okay thanks for replyin man smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 10:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
Amedino1:

yea
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay.Once you have a higher qualification, the focus shifts from O'level.Am I right?
Somehow right but in any case, let everyone going for interview av their testimonial, may june waec or neco or any other document to show that they went thru sec sch. Who knows, d CO might focus on someone else o'level as each dv lottery interview is always unique and different in some ways to others.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
ferdimako:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 11:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
edimop: chirpwest.......my first testimonial ws white paper which got tored long tym ago and I ws lucky to be issued anoda one and d color of d paper is light yellow and I laminated t,does color of d paper has anyfin to do wt my testimonial cert?
Bros colour got nothing to do with testimonial. U r good to go
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
anelka73: fellow forumites, i just had a successful interview in Ghana this morning. will share my experience later. praise be to God
congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
hilaryddrunk: it was not included at when first played but when the result came out anpd we where filling the form we filled in his name. we got our second NL with his name to come along for the interview.gentiger said it but we alredy had our 2Nl with name on it
My brother and name sake, I felt very bad when I saw ur post. This kind of thing is nt suppos to happen to God's children bt I believ God knows d best.
In this kind of situation, many people will be coming up with many ideas on what u culd have done and some will be blaming you for not acting or doing what they tot wuld hav helped you, but my brother don't mind them cos what happened has happened. I believe God is not asleep. I know this happend cos u were nt aware of their rules, bt its not the end of the world for u bro. It myt be a little bit hard for u to tak considering the money u spent and the thins u hav envisaged to achieve in the near future in America, but I must tell u that there are many other ways to the top.
There is someone in this forum whose visa was denied but he applied again and got selected. Your case myt be lik his. Just kip tryn, u never can tell, God favour will still shine on you again.
For those blaming him, just tak it easy on him cos without this forum, u probably myt nt know what u think u know nw.
May God will be done in everthing we do.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
anelka73: my interview experience
CO: WHEN DID U MARRY
ME: BLAR BLAR BLAR
WHEN DID U PLAY THE LOTTERY
ME: TOLD HER
CO :HOW OLD IS YOUR DAUGHTER
ME :TOLD HER
CO: CONGRATS. come 4 ur visa on friday
LESSON LEARNT FROM GHANA.
1, U MUST HAVE THE EDUCATION OR OCCUPATION QUALIFICATION
2, NO RESHEDULING OF APPOINTMENT DATE. A GUY CAME TO CHANGE DATES BUT WAS NOT GRANTED
3,IF YOU ARE PAYING IN DOLLERS, MAKE SURE U HAVE THE EXACT AMOUNT TO AVOID DELAYS
4 PRAY PRAY PRAY
THANKS TO ALL FORUMITES. MY SUCCESS WAS MADE POSSIBLE THROUGH THIS SITE. God bless u all

congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tzetzefly(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
ferdimako:

I don't even know what to say. This same mistake over and over again. See lost resources! He would have come back and take or adopt his son. Common sense!

You don't have to be hard on him, his forms were earlier sent to KCC and notification for interview given; that was b4 the experience of others like him who got refused visa after adding an individual originally not on the first DV entry, now came to this forum's knowledge. This situation of refusal, could have happened to anyone....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
hilaryddrunk: hello house that for your prayers,it shows that there love in the house.pls sorry to say that we were not given visa. it not the educational thing now,sure we where to answer any question from the COs but it was our son o. we did not add him when we first played the DV lottery. house that was what droped us........ Even the window 14 guy told us that we are good but his hands are tired
God dey.. He'll restore/replenish u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
Guys, I humbly await ur responses on this earlier post....

idriez: @ Gentiger or others that have done their NPC attestation, please kindly confirm the law(in the last statement on the affidavit) that is used in the declaration; whether it's Oaths Law of Lagos State 1973 or 2003? and also the heading of the affidavit.
Thanks and God bless as you respond to this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
ferdimako:

I don't even know what to say. This same mistake over and over again. See lost resources! He would have come back and take or adopt his son. Common sense!
that's what u will say cos u were nt in his shoes or cos u were well informed. many ppl applied this without an iota of what the rule says. So while portioning out blame on somebdy think front and back. Dnt just say something because u can say it or cos u hav mouth to talk.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
nero xp: Thank u GOD for a safe journey to lagos,nw it has begun...GOD I commit my interview journey unto ur hands nd I hav dis beliv dat GOD has de best valentine gifts for us nd we must surely receive our visas in JESUS NAME,AMEN.
@ nkkystel,wil cal nd update ya lerra ok?
You re welcome Sam.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2013
nkkystel: Eh yah, this was exactly what happened to the other guy can't remember his name now (father of twin). Hillary so sorry. DV Lottery winners 2014 take note always read instructions.
nwanne m nwanyi, I lik what u said and nt som ppl that dnt think before posting somtin on this thread
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
idriez: Guys, I humbly await ur responses on this earlier post....

Oath Act of 2004
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:04am On Feb 13, 2013
packaging: @seye4God wat a beautiful family u'v gat! Am so hapi fr u n may God continue to cuz u to flourish in d ministry.... Amen
So happy for him too.thanks be to God
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 12:05am On Feb 13, 2013
Bigpiper: Good day house, my brother did his interview on d 6th (tuesday) and they gave him d circled address to pick his visa 5 days from then. On the 8th (thursday) I got an email from d consulate that he should come with photocopies of his documents to the embassy any day of the week besides friday. I don't know why but all his document are genuine. Should he be worried?
Genuine documents! No wahala bro but if there is any oluwole, pray midnite prayer bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Hello everyone in the house. I WANT TO SAY A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND TO THOSE THAT ARE YET TO, CONGRATULATIONS IN ADVANCE COS U SHALL ALL TESTIFY IN THIS TESTIMONY FORUM IJN.
Please does anyone has an idea of the flight fare from lagos to Philadelphia, cos i intend travelling at the end of April 2013. i have checked online but the fare is something else o, from 300k plus, but i learnt it is cheaper going through an agent.
plaese i need your surgestions o. indeed nothing good comes easy. God help us.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:24am On Feb 13, 2013
ferdimako:

They will still make the mistake. You know what? People think Embassy doesn't follow through and this Nigerian mentality is still thick.I've come across so many people with family and they prefer to play single and boom you are selected, we start consoling.
prof. Know it all!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:28am On Feb 13, 2013
To my brother and sake, Hilarydrunk whose visa was denied

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 1:07am On Feb 13, 2013
Gentiger:

I am so sorry hours for my temporal absence. Duty calls . Flight trickery visited from airline to airline but the cheapest I saw was N141k to New York.

Respect to you Barr. Mike please which airline did you see at that rate, and was it through an agent? my POE is Philadelphia and having checked the fare for different airlines, i couldn't get anything less than 300k except for British Airways which was about 283K. So from your findings, i am considering taking a connecting flight from New York to Philadelphia for Economy sake but, don't know how possibly easy that could be. please i need your input on this thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 1:34am On Feb 13, 2013
@Hilaryddrunk, I'm really sorry about your situation cos it is so pathetic. life sometimes doesn't seem fair to all, some people make mistakes and get away with it while some don't. Those worst thing you will do to your self in this situation is to blame your self. Just know that you have tried your best as a man, we are all human i can feel your pains, but just let it off your mind and let God have His way in your life. I believe strongly that God has better plans for you and your family. persistence they say, pays, just give it another trial, remember you are not a looser until you stop trying. If it is God's will he will definitely make you successful in a bigger, better and more prepared way. May God almighty make a way out for you to rapidly recover from your expenses IJN. God bless you and your family, amen.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 1:36am On Feb 13, 2013
chirpywest:
Bros colour got nothing to do with testimonial. U r good to go
...arit....fenx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uniqueprivacy(m): 2:07am On Feb 13, 2013
@Ferdimako, i understand your point about hilaryddrunk's case, but i believe there is a better and more polite way to present issues especially when someone is grieved. you can see how the phrase "common sense" at the concluding part of your comment negates the positve begining. we are human and one big family by virtue of this forum. The Bible says in Romans 12:15 that we should "rejoice with them that rejoice and also mourn with them that mourn". lets not just make comments without having a second look at the impact it will have on the recipient. God bless us all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by coax: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2013
Hi everyone,

If a green card holder becomes a citizen of another country while overseas, would that cause any issues for the green card?(assuming that he/she stays overseas by a re-entry permit for around a year)

Thanks in advance,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 5:54am On Feb 13, 2013
Isaiah 51 vs 12-16,GOD bless you as you read.good morning house,SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.