Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923491 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 13, 2013
junkerhill: prof. Know it all!!

Mr Consoler!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 13, 2013
uniqueprivacy: @Ferdimako, i understand your point about hilaryddrunk's case, but i believe there is a better and more polite way to present issues especially when someone is grieved. you can see how the phrase "common sense" at the concluding part of your comment negates the positve begining. we are human and one big family by virtue of this forum. The Bible says in Romans 12:15 that we should "rejoice with them that rejoice and also mourn with them that mourn". lets not just make comments without having a second look at the impact it will have on the recipient. God bless us all.

It is common sense to know that if you didn't include someone,and it is not that it is a newborn or spouse,(marriage after selection could be a tough one) you know it could be a problem and u ask people. Some people will ask and still do what they want. The other single mother will still come and say what happened and you guys will console and forget. If you fail to claim your visa, someone at your back will. Why are people yet to be interviewed still go to the Embassy? let us protest and console by not going any more after each denial. Am not after anybody's visa and I don't relish seeing people missing it because of all this same mistake. But it's an ecosystem, people like those must be here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2013
tzetzefly:

You don't have to be hard on him, his forms were earlier sent to KCC and notification for interview given; that was b4 the experience of others like him who got refused visa after adding an individual originally not on the first DV entry, now came to this forum's knowledge. This situation of refusal, could have happened to anyone....

Okay.When I got selected last time, my older bro told me to include my sis as my wife. I looked at him and laughed, isn't there another way to bring her over? I asked and it was forgotten before State Dept and KCC annulled d winnings. You know naturally what you are doing when it comes to this inclusion.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 7:46am On Feb 13, 2013
ferdimako:

It is common sense to know that if you didn't include someone,and it is not that it is a newborn or spouse,(marriage after selection could be a tough one) you know it could be a problem and u ask people. Some people will ask and still do what they want. The other single mother will still come and say what happened and you guys will console and forget. If you fail to claim your visa, someone at your back will. Why are people yet to be interviewed still go to the Embassy? let us protest and console by not going any more after each denial. Am not after anybody's visa and I don't relish seeing people missing it because of all this same mistake. But it's an ecosystem, people like those must be here.
Blind argument. I think you should also learn how to correct and advice people with COMMON SENSE

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by packaging(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2013
femsoj: Blind argument. I think you should also learn how to correct and advice people with COMMON SENSE
nt jst blind bt stupid

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2013
@ ferdimako,I truly understand ur point nd is nt dat bad,but atleast u should hav said it in a more polite way dat wuld give hilarydrunk hope nd courage nt to giv up or nt to blame himself.pls we're one big family nd its high tym we realize dat.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2013
ferdimako:

u ar so unrepentant on this issue that u stood ur ground. Everybdy understands ur point of arguement but what we are saying is that there is a better way of making ur point than stating COMMON SENSE at the closure of ur comment. U can't just go to console a family whose son was knocked down by a car and ask them "why didn't he look before crossing the road". Such things are nt down. Even if he didn't look before crossing the road that's nt wha to tell the family of d deceased. Everybdy knows he made mistake but there ar better ways to express urself than what u did ".......do to others what you like to be done to you".

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Yusmash, where was it(affidavit) done pls?
Any other person with contrary view or date??

Yusmash00: Oath Act of 2004
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2013
To God be the glory. I'm a year older today.
Happy Birthday to myself and every other persons celebrating their birthday today.
Cheers!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2013
junkerhill: nwanne m nwanyi, I lik what u said and nt som ppl that dnt think before posting somtin on this thread
Junkerhill, thanks abunch.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2013
idriez: Guys, I humbly await ur responses on this earlier post....

My brother, do not concern yourself with the year the law was promulgated . If you swore your affidavit at the High School that's all that's necessary .
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2013
uniqueprivacy:

Respect to you Barr. Mike please which airline did you see at that rate, and was it through an agent? my POE is Philadelphia and having checked the fare for different airlines, i couldn't get anything less than 300k except for British Airways which was about 283K. So from your findings, i am considering taking a connecting flight from New York to Philadelphia for Economy sake but, don't know how possibly easy that could be. please i need your input on this thanks.

My brother, it was at the international Airport . Qatar, Airmaroc, Delta, United, BA etc
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2013
junkerhill: u ar so unrepentant on this issue that u stood ur ground. Everybdy understands ur point of arguement but what we are saying is that there is a better way of making ur point than stating COMMON SENSE at the closure of ur comment. U can't just go to console a family whose son was knocked down by a car and ask them "why didn't he look before crossing the road". Such things are nt down. Even if he didn't look before crossing the road that's nt wha to tell the family of d deceased. Everybdy knows he made mistake but there ar better ways to express urself than what u did ".......do to others what you like to be done to you".

Should I apologize to you? You who? If you don't like, move it and continue with what you are comfortable with. I rest my case on this matter. Let nobody else commit this act any more. But I doubt!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2013
ferdimako may be right,let try and learn from other people's mistake. Though virtually majority of us were ignoramus when filling the e-dv initially
but the enlightment we 've gotten from
here , is enough for us to be cautious and not miss this golden opportunity.
from seye4God experience anyone who make such mistakes is just on his/her own. Let stop wasting our precious resources on the pretense of taking risk.
It unfortunate that someone will still make such mistake.¶™¶™¶™
nonetheless,hillarydrunk dont stop trying.
faith without works is dead.¶™
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2013
faithman2020: ferdimako may be right,let try and learn from other people's mistake. Though virtually majority of us were ignoramus when filling the e-dv initially
but the enlightment we 've gotten from
here , is enough for us to be cautious and not miss this golden opportunity.
from seye4God experience anyone who make such mistakes is just on his/her own. Let stop wasting our precious resources on the pretense of taking risk.
It unfortunate that someone will still make such mistake.¶™¶™¶™
nonetheless,hillarydrunk dont stop trying.
faith without works is dead.¶™

Better one!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2013
Hello my brothers & sisters in the house, my interveiw is friday morning. I need you all to pray earnestly for me. Thanks to you all. Stay blessed house!!! One love!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=Leripa]To God be the glory. I'm a year older today.
Happy Birthday to myself and every other persons celebrating their birthday today.
Cheers!!

Happy birthday.¶™
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:18am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=dammymye]Hello my brothers & sisters in the house, my interveiw is friday morning. I need you all to pray earnestly for me. Thanks to you all. Stay blessed house!!! One love!

Go and succeed!!!¶™
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=faithman2020][/quote]
Thanks dearie!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dammymye: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=faithman2020][/quote]
Amen! Thanks dearie!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by faithman2020: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote=Gentiger ]

My brother, do not concern yourself with the year the law was promulgated . If you swore your affidavit at the High School that's all that's necessary .[/quote]

How now my brother?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2013
dammymye: Hello my brothers & sisters in the house, my interveiw is friday morning. I need you all to pray earnestly for me. Thanks to you all. Stay blessed house!!! One love!

All the best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2013
dammymye: Hello my brothers & sisters in the house, my interveiw is friday morning. I need you all to pray earnestly for me. Thanks to you all. Stay blessed house!!! One love!

The visa is yours. May you find favor in the eyes of whichever CO that is going to interview you. Go and come back with a success story.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Leripa: To God be the glory. I'm a year older today.
Cheers!!!

HBD BRO, WULLNP

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2013

IT IS WELL WITH YOU MY BROTHER GO AND RECEIVE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY YOURS IJN AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
Going thru the response shows how some people has taken this visa stuff as if the totality of one's life depends on it!
I understand that it takes 5yrs before someone can adopt/bring over family member or loved ones...
It takes grace to live without one's kids and wife in a whiteman's land especially with someone who is a rigid family person.
@hillarydrunk... Pls take heart. Your miracle is on the way... i pray they re-call u IJN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2013
idriez: Thanks Yusmash, where was it(affidavit) done pls?
Any other person with contrary view or date??

Federal High Court,Ikeja
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Gentiger:

My brother, do not concern yourself with the year the law was promulgated . If you swore your affidavit at the High School that's all that's necessary .
High Court.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
I wish you good luck? Hope you have all your documents set?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lauradabrat: 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=faithman2020][/quote].
Go and get your visa.It was meant for you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
Leripa: To God be the glory. I'm a year older today.
Cheers!!!

Happy Birthday to you.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
ferdimako:

Should I apologize to you? You who? If you don't like, move it and continue with what you are comfortable with. I rest my case on this matter. Let nobody else commit this act any more. But I doubt!

I don't think this is a matter that should be dragged unnecessarily. We are all complex animals and such we can read with different emotions and such we have different interpretations, what i should advise at this point is that nobody is infallible but when a man falls he should fall forward: one of the ways of falling forward is to come and air his view and what made him fall for others to avoid. If we fail to encourage and advise others that will defeat the purpose of this forum.

I am a neutral person in this contribution, i am sorry if I sound rude to anybody. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.