Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,115 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (922451 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 12:13pm On May 28, 2013
Hello;
I have a question, my interview has been schedule for June 30,

((Effective October 1, all immigrant visa applicants must complete the online DS-260 application form. This electronic form replaces the paper DS-230 form. You do not need to complete both. In addition, all K (fiancée) visa applicants must complete the electronic DS-260 and the DS-156 and DS-156-K form prior to the scheduled interview date. These forms can be found on the Department of State’s website at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html. ))

So what should I do? complete the online form DS-260 or not?

Thank you...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 12:48pm On May 28, 2013
@ajmiry: Hello;
I have a question, my interview has been schedule for June 30,

((Effective October 1, all immigrant visa applicants must complete the online DS-260 application form. This electronic form replaces the paper DS-230 form. You do not need to complete both. In addition, all K (fiancée) visa applicants must complete the electronic DS-260 and the DS-156 and DS-156-K form prior to the scheduled interview date. These forms can be found on the Department of State’s website at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html. ))

So what should I do? complete the online form DS-260 or not?

Thank you...

Kindly read this:

Limited to the following U.S. Embassies and Consulates:
• Visa Applicants will be interviewed at:
o Any U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Mexico; or
• The NVC requested fees and/or documents in October 2010 or later; and
• Visa applicants will be interviewed at any U.S. Embassy/Consulate listed below:
o Afghanistan - Kabul
o Canada - Montreal
o Greece - Athens
o Iraq - Baghdad
o Jordan - Amman
o Peru - Lima
o Syria - Damascus
While use of the online forms is currently limited to applicants who meet all of the conditions above, these forms will eventually be implemented worldwide and required for all immigrant visa applications.

If you are a Nigerian and your interview will be holding in Lagos kindly follow the instruction as contained in your 1NL, fill form DS230 and 122 and send to KCC forget form DS 260 it does not apply to you for now. Hope this helps
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 12:53pm On May 28, 2013
temmytanny: my wife change hers to mine since that's the new surname she now bears.You trued sending me a private message right?

YES.
did u send dem a copy of change of name.
i register with my maiden den stil single. shud i continue with my maiden name or my husband name
my weddn is dis july. aw shud i go about it.

thanks for d concern
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 1:27pm On May 28, 2013
[quote author=tolubillion][/quote]

Thanks Police report done
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2013
Please where can I get good dollar notes to buy. Does anybody has an idea?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 2:48pm On May 28, 2013
house, make una help me beg mr. justwise oooooooooo. the guy has disenabe me from posting oooooooo. genlion
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by abosedekolawole(f): 2:49pm On May 28, 2013
pator: Please where can I get good dollar notes to buy. Does anybody has an idea?
am also looking for where to buy as well. genlion
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:31pm On May 28, 2013
Husmern: Hello house, pls, how can i change d POE address dt d agent use while sending d form to kcc to d new 1?...i av gottn a new PoE address now. d one i used b4 belong to agent but i want to change it to d new 1..Thanks
You can change it at the POE when you arrive to America. Just write the new address in a paper and give it to the Immigration officer that collected ur visa package and tell him/her that is your new address.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:34pm On May 28, 2013
pator: Please where can I get good dollar notes to buy. Does anybody has an idea?
Find a registered bureau de change. Either go to Airport or Marina, Cms, Kakawa side in Lagos.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nangamboko: 6:56pm On May 28, 2013
please house i think im having some problems.i went to the interview and they told me to come with a police report from india because ive been in india for two years.and now ive gone to the indian embassy to get a police report from there and they told me that they dont issue police reports for none indians.that its impossible.so now im really confused.please you advice will really help me out
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2013
Yusmash00: You can change it at the POE when you arrive to America. Just write the new address in a paper and give it to the Immigration officer that collected ur visa package and tell him/her that is your new address.
thanks... can't one change it on d day of d interview? because dt's wht sm1 told me, dt i can just giv d new address 2 d CO.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:35pm On May 28, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

YES.
did u send dem a copy of change of name.
i register with my maiden den stil single. shud i continue with my maiden name or my husband name
my weddn is dis july. aw shud i go about it.

thanks for d concern
now your husband name.During my own time I sent them a copy of my wedding cert to KCC
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2013
pjogutum1: Obatide: Please my people,
1. who will sign DS 230 for minors ( our children below the age of six)
2. When sending by e-mail, how do we arrange passports ( principal applicant and beneficiaries )
Kindly reply, it's urgently
. A father can sign for the children 2. No procedure for arrangement, but make sure you staple pix to the form before scanning. Success!

@Oatide @Keypositive: Point of correction, the principle applicant signs for the children not necessarily the father kindly take note.

@ buklan4real@yah: fine you are good to go no problem.
pls say what you are sure of, i signed for my children - my wife is d principal. And it posed no issue at interview. I even signed for them in front of co. Pls any of d parent can sign....take note
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 12:59am On May 29, 2013
kaypositve: pls say what you are sure of, i signed for my children - my wife is d principal. And it posed no issue at interview. I even signed for them in front of co. Pls any of d parent can sign....taake note
Same with me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:25am On May 29, 2013
Thanks to all my 'OGAS' at the top.
I think I'm good to send now. See you at the top soonest.
Thank you all as you pray with us for God's favour and financial provisions, cos money is relatively scarce now.

@temmytanny, could u give me ur e-mail address pls?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 4:43am On May 29, 2013
idriez:
Same with me
Idriez,where hav u been all diz while? Hav been pingin u,but pings ain't deliverin.So wats up?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:19am On May 29, 2013
Husmern:
thanks... can't one change it on d day of d interview? because dt's wht sm1 told me, dt i can just giv d new address 2 d CO.
What you actually wanted to change is your destination... You can give your CO the new address after she/he might have congratulated you or you just tender the new address to the immigration at the Point of Entry and thats where your docs will be mailed to.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 10:19am On May 29, 2013
Please, house what is the dress code for the interview? Is it compulsory for a family to wear the same clothe?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:35am On May 29, 2013
nangamboko: please house i think im having some problems.i went to the interview and they told me to come with a police report from india because ive been in india for two years.and now ive gone to the indian embassy to get a police report from there and they told me that they dont issue police reports for none indians.that its impossible.so now im really confused.please you advice will really help me out
thanks
Go back and tell them they don't issue Police Clearance to non-Indians especially those who currently reside outside the country... Please don't try to tender fake certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2013
One thing I've learnt about this forum is aiming to READ FROM THE BEGINNING to the END will leave u with little or no question to ask further ( though I'm still in page 260s as a result of busy schedules) but what I'm reading is insightful, impacting and given solutions with just little subscription to a network provider.
I therefore recommend this trend to researchers on DV LOTTERY.

How I wish the creator OR gurus in the forum can partner to publish it, who knows, maybe we could produce Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D holder) with specialization in DV matters. Or even a Prof. Who knows?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2013
Obatide: Thanks to all my 'OGAS' at the top.
I think I'm good to send now. See you at the top soonest.
Thank you all as you pray with us for God's favour and financial provisions, cos money is relatively scarce now.

@temmytanny, could u give me ur e-mail address pls?
its not allowed but you can check my profile and send me private mail,i will reply you tru my own email
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by seal777(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2013
[b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]

10 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2013
seal777: [b]WELCOME TO HOUSTON, WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Now i can truly welcome myself to America, having done with ALL my documentation processes.

1. GREEN CARD 30th day ( delivered 21st day but was returned due to incomplete address ).

2. Social Security Card 25th day ( having told to return to SS office after 21 days in US....).

3. Applied for State ID and Drivers License having told to return after 30 days in the US and Scheduled for Behind the Wheel test 28th May at the DPS office( not learners permit as advised by veterans in America who even took a bet with me that I WILL FAIL THE BEHIND THE WHEEL TEST ).

4. Took and pass the Computer test same day i applied for the Drivers license and got my State ID same day ( plastic copy came in the mail after 10 days ).

5. Since i drive very well before i left Naija, I walk around the streets on regular basis and watch drivers observe the various traffic signals and rules, read the traffic handbook and research on the internet using various YOU TUBE VIDEOS available in preparing for the test.

6. 28th May , i was at the DPS office for my Behind the wheel test and I PASSED CLINICALLY ( without attending any driving school or previous behind the wheel training from anyone in America ). I was given a print out copy while i expect the plastic copy in less than 2 weeks.

LESSON 1. I noticed there are too many negative thoughts from those we refer to as " VETERANS " in the US, most especially those who find things very hard / difficult when they arrived the US in their days ( with or without genuine documents ). They tend to limit the extent of how far we can go as new immigrant with " LIMITED OR NO EXPERIENCE " of the American system.

LESSON 2. Not all those who live in America actually knows America as i was shocked in learning that majority of the rules and procedures i read on the internet was very true while majority of the ideas been sold to me here by those who are suppose to know ( 10 - 35 yrs in the American system ) are not only false but lack substance in its entirety.

LESSON 3. Never associate or listen to anyone who rather than encourage you in achieving a mission, discourage you by giving you million reasons why such can not be done. There are too many negativity thoughts in our peoples mind here in America and such are capable of undermining the successes of intelligent, educated and forward looking immigrants who left Naija with the will and mission to succeed in America.

LESSON 4. Survival in America is based on the power of information, which is readily available on the internet. Learn to research very vigorously for information, make calls to information's numbers and get first hand information from the source and not rely on HEAR SAY.

If you are convinced beyond reasonable doubt you can achieve a feat, go ahead and give it a try ( having made necessary preparations and caution taken ), you are better of failing at the first attempt than not trying at all for the fear of failure or result of discouraging tales from those around you.

HUMAN WISDOM IS LIMITED BUT WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.[/b]

Congratulations my brother, we are really learning and coming very soon too IJN, just endeavor to share more of both challenges and success.
You ain't achieve anything comparing where GOD is taking u to.
Once again, congratulobia!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 3:32pm On May 29, 2013
nero xp:
Idriez,where hav u been all diz while? Hav been pingin u,but pings ain't deliverin.So wats up?
I've been around o.... just chilling. My BB don pafuka so na only whatsapp I dey use now.
How yankee nah? Talk to u soon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by michaeladesiyan: 3:34pm On May 29, 2013
banks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 4:06pm On May 29, 2013
Can someone pls explain how to make this USCIS payment from Naija, I keep getting "transaction declined" each time I try.
Counting on your speedy response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 5:36pm On May 29, 2013
Pls house having issues with first school leaving certificate. Went to d school and they couldnt find it, and besides, the date of birth they wrote in their register is different from my date of birth by one year. Pls will a cover note from the school be enough to spare me trouble @ d embassy? Or what should i do?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
Timika: Pls house having issues with first school leaving certificate. Went to d school and they couldnt find it, and besides, the date of birth they wrote in their register is different from my date of birth by one year. Pls will a cover note from the school be enough to spare me trouble @ d embassy? Or what should i do?
you don't need it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by penticom: 6:36pm On May 29, 2013
i sent mail to usa embassy in nigeria
to reschedule my interview last week tuesday
due to d situation beyond my control, pls, how
long it will take them to reply me and
reschedule me? waitin for ur contribution pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.