Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Let Us Pray! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Pray! (1259 Views)

Let Us Pray For Hamed-djdola. / Let Us Pray For Nigeria!!! / Dreamt Of Plane Crash: Let Us Pray! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Pray! by GL(f): 5:17am On Mar 29, 2006
I remember a book I read some time ago by Derek Prince about praying for countries. He said Christians are supposed to be the "salt of the earth", we should be "kings and priests" unto God.

This is a call to duty to us Nigerian Christians. So many things are happening in this country and it is not enough for us to just complain or discuss these issues. We can make a difference by praying. We've got the power of agreement. Imagine what we can do if thousands of us pray for Nigeria.

I read in the newspapers last year of an organisation that wanted to lauch a prayer program where Christians prayed for at least 5 minutes every day for Nigeria. I've not heard about them since, but we could start something like that. Let's all just take it as a duty to pray for the will of God to be done in Nigeria every day. For peace and progress in every part of the country. Not against any man in particular, as we wrestle not with flesh and blood but principalities and powers.

I heard during the weekend that Pastor Adeboye said God revealed to him that the enemy is planning for Nigeria to be like Rwanda. We must pray against it.

We should also take occassion to pray for the Church in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: Let Us Pray! by TYPOP(m): 6:38pm On May 06, 2006
Thats alright. Lets do it together. God bless you.
Re: Let Us Pray! by babymine(f): 10:08am On May 08, 2006
Noted.
Re: Let Us Pray! by mamatee: 11:22am On Sep 11, 2007
i really concor to it
And i know that God will hear.
Re: Let Us Pray! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
"Heal Our Nation, Lord we ask of you! And pour out Your Spirit on our land"
Re: Let Us Pray! by obanikoro2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2007
O Lord grant unto our leaders the spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind that they may live corruption-free lives and dedicate their efforts and resources to make our nation better. In Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Let Us Pray! by na2day2(m): 4:10am On Sep 21, 2007
prayer wont do anything if we dont repent and change our ways. prayer is communication with God but the good Lord also has commandments to be obeyed. obedience naturally brings blessings from the father. do u know how many "Holy Ghost nights" they have held in nigeria? thousands have prayed but change is a product of willingness and determination to an action/actions to achieve the oppose result of a current situation. faith without works is dead, same is said for prayer without obedience is zero.

(1) (Reply)

What If God Comes While U're Reading This Thread? / How Did You Come About Your Faith? Inheritance, Studying Or Revelation? / God Makes People Eat Human Shit. Now Is This Gross, Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.