Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus (1737 Views)

Muslims The "Chosen People" Of GOD? If Not, Then Who Are? / Yoruba Vs Hausa Muslims / Essays By Muslims - The Politics Of Hijab: A Bit Of Black Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus by ConcernMan: 8:49pm On May 02, 2012
The Yoruba Muslims generally in their practice of Islam have shown to be one of the most liberal interpreters of the Holy book,the Quran. Staying with them, it seems like they see the religion more often as an instrument for the edification of the spirit and of personal salvation rather than the attitude of; “if you are not for me then you are against me”.Their Hausa counterpart seems to have a different attitude if one may not be mistaking. Their attitude seems as if they see Islam as a heritage, a sacred order for which only their 'Priestley' tribe can practice. They are the original while others are fake. They are the Sunni Muslims while others are Shittes. Do you think this assertion is right guys?
Re: Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On May 02, 2012
That is totally wrong!!

The sunni and shia have more differences:: besides that is a over simplified assessment..
Re: Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus by LagosShia: 9:31pm On May 02, 2012
first of all it is not clear what is the OP's understanding of the terms "Shia" and "Sunni".

among the yorubas you find Muslims who are Shia and who are also Sunni.among Hausas and other ethnic groups and nationalities all over the world you find Shia and Sunnis and also other religions.

you can't compare an ethnic group entirely to a sect,denomination,school of thought,or religion.that is generalization.
Re: Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus by uchlukez(f): 6:22pm On May 08, 2012
Yorubas are the real Muslims abeg. At least they use their head small. Not fanatical like those malams. I always enjoy my cold beer with my Yoruba Muslim guys. No long thing
Re: Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus by LagosShia: 6:34pm On May 08, 2012
uchlukez: Yorubas are the real Muslims abeg. At least they use their head small. Not fanatical like those malams. I always enjoy my cold beer with my Yoruba Muslim guys. No long thing

indeed!they are the best because those you know have accepted to stray from their beliefs to drink fire into their stomach while you engage them in idle speech.

Holy Quran 2:120
"Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their creed. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah".

(1) (Reply)

Tawheed Al-ruboobiyyah And Al-uloohiyyah / Only Objective Muslims Should Open This(no Fanatics Pls) / Can A Non Muslim Use The Prayer Mat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.