Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,473 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! - Jokes Etc (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! (84754 Views)

Riddles! Riddles!! Riddles!!! / Riddles! Riddles! Really Tough Nd Funny Riddles! / Riddles: Riddles: Riddles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Valiantvaliant(m): 12:03am On Aug 23, 2012
Tinkybabe: After much pondering,I came up with this
Lets assume the switches are 1,2,3
leave 2 switches ;2 and 3 'on' and 1 'off' for about a min.
Switch 2 'off' ,leaving only 3 'on' and go into the room.if the bulb lights up,then 3 is the controller, if not..feel the bulb,if it's warm then it's 2 ...if it's cold then it's 1.

Tell me I'm right.(swallows 2paracetamol tablets)
LOLS. Make i sleep now. Me go crack brain tommorrow
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2012
dlex21: @tinkybabe...from U̶̲̥̅̊я calculation...¶ J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ knew U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ were a maths teacher...nice
@natualwaves..which oda way can U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ calculate it o

Since U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ can observe the bulb...there must be a wired that can be traced 2 one of the switches
Here is another method.Try and follow it.It is very useful if U don't want to solve a quadratic equation cheesy. Here we go ;
Since we are dealing with digits,d highest any of d nos could be is 9.
Now,statement 1 said,d 1st digit is d square of d 2nd digit.This means that there can only be two options for d 1st digit.It is either 9 or 4 cos they are d only 2 nos with sq roots within that frame.
Logically,if 1st =9,2nd will be 3 but if d 1st is 4,d 2nd digit will be 2.

We move to statement 2,sum of 2nd and 3rd=10.
If our first is 9,then we will have 9,3,7. Cos 3+7=10 but if it is 4,we will have. 4,2,8 cos 2+8=10.
Third statement states that d 4th term is 2nd digit + 1.So,we either have 9,3,7,4. Or 4,2,8,3.
Next statement says sum of 5th and 3rd is 14. So,we either have 9,3,7,4,7 or 4,2,8,3,6 as both sequences satisfies d conditions so far.
The last statement says,the sum of all d terms is 30,so let's check starting with d 2nd sequence;
4+2+8+3+6= 23 BUT
9+3+7+4+7= 30. This therefore leaves us 9,3,7,4,7 as d correct sequence.

NB: Aside 9 and 4,1 may also start d sequence but it won't give u d answer as well cos u will get 1,1,9,2,5 which only adds up to 18 and not 30.

For the bulb question, U can't trace the wires,U can only do whatever u like with d switches before going into d room.U may observe d bulb on getting into d room.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 12:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Switch 2 'off' ,leaving only 3 'on' and go into the room.if the bulb lights up,then 3 is the controller, if not..feel the bulb,if it's warm then it's 2 ...if it's cold then it's 1.

Hmmmmmmm.Let's give valiantvaliant some time say till 9am to come up with something.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2012

Bravo! U got it cos with ur method,one would definately be able to tell.Thumbs up. Keep it up! Another straightforward method is to switch on say switch 1 for some time and then switch it off.Switch on switch 2 and go straight into d room.When U get to d room,if d bulb is on,then switch 2 is d ans.If d bulb is off and warm,switch 1 is d answer and if d bulb is off and cold,switch 3 is d answer.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Valiantvaliant: LOLS. Make i sleep now. Me go crack brain tommorrow
Tinkybabe has gotten it! cheesy
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
i commot cap for tinkybabes.. i knew there had to be a third option, just couldn't figure it out.. great question naturalwaves.. expecting more..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Valiantvaliant(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oouch, don't blame me abeg. Nepa refused to give us light and i didn't have charge.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Oouch, don't blame me abeg. Nepa refused to give us light and i didn't have charge.
So sorry about that.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: i commot cap for tinkybabes.. i knew there had to be a third option, just couldn't figure it out.. great question naturalwaves.. expecting more..
Okay.No P.Will upload more subsequently.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by keethel(f): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
walexydon: Tym 2 test our IQ capacity with some riddles and brain teasers...

I am something....greater than God, more evil than d devil, the poor has me, the rich lacks me and if U̶̲̥̅̊ eat me, U̶̲̥̅̊'ll die!!! What am i

Av fun and keep d riddles coming!!!
the answer is nothing
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
musKeeto: i commot cap for tinkybabes
Thanks..it was quite challenging tho.
naturalwaves:

Bravo! U got it cos with ur method,one would definately be able to tell.Thumbs up. Keep it up!
thanks (dancing azonto)my headache was worth it afterall..I've not been able to crack the 88881 bit..I've used virtually all the mathematical symbols/formula I know...pls narrow it down to a list of symbols or give a clue.The question is too wide
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Tinkybabe:
Thanks..it was quite challenging tho. thanks (dancing azonto)my headache was worth it afterall..I've not been able to crack the 88881 bit..I've used virtually all the mathematical symbols/formula I know...pls narrow it down to a list of symbols or give a clue.The question is too wide

Okay,the symbol U will use is one of these 3;
+,-,*. U will be so suprised at the answer wen u see it.just keep on trying. I hope U know that U may also merge any of d numbers together as u wish I.e it is not compulsory that d numbers stand individually.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
walexydon: Two women and two doctors walk into an ice cream parlor. They each order an ice cream cone. When their ice creams come, there is only 1 strawberry,1 chocolate and 1 vanilla.
How come they didn't complain?

Three fat ladies stood under an umbrella but none of them got wet. Why didn't any of them get wet?

Which word, if pronounced right, is wrong, but if pronounced wrong is right?

Which word is the odd one out:
First Second Third Forth Fifth Sixth Seventh Eighth

1)There are 3 individuals...one woman,a female doctor and a male doctor(the female doctor doubles as a female and a doctor)

2)It was not raining

3)the word is 'wrong'.
You pronounce it right as 'wrong' and you pronounce it 'wrong',it's the right pronunciation

4)forth.( spelt 'fourth' correctly )
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Ubado: 6:54am On Aug 24, 2012
I like it.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by rihanat21: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2012
NOTHING
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by rihanat21: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2012
NOTHING cuz dr is nothing greater than God, more evil than d devil itself...........
well, nyc one kip it up
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
Profilled word...Ŋa̶̲̥̅ music section be dis
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hello dlex,tinkybabe,valiantvaliant and everyone.Here is another brain teaser.Try and solve it.

3 surgeons decided to go for a camp and hired a guide for assistance. Over campfire , they met with an accident and the guide got seriously injured. The guide needs surgery(a minor one). The 3 surgeons decide to operate but they have only two medical gloves. To save the guide , all three surgeons are needed to operate on the guide, in sequence.
How can this be done without any of them being exposed to the blood of any of the others?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
tof...*brain cracking*
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by walexydon(m): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
i concor
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
naturalwaves:
How can this be done without any of them being exposed to the blood of any of the others?
If this is not a typographical error,my answer is:
'Anyhow' since none of the surgeons got injured,hence no blood exposed.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2012
Since it was only the guide that got injured...there Iڪ no blood that can be spilled
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2012
Tinkybabe:
If this is not a typographical error,my answer is:
'Anyhow' since none of the surgeons got injured,hence no blood exposed.

No,the statement means that,blood must not come in contact with any of d surgeon's skin directly during operation.E.g When a surgeon reverses d gloves that's been used by another surgeon,d blood stained part will be all over his palms.U get? Mind U,it is also medically wrong for a surgeon to use d same surface of glove(that's already blood stained) that's been used by another surgeon on a patient. So,ow can they perform d surgery with just d 2 gloves available while at d same time avoiding these two situations of a sirgeon's palms being directly in contact with blood and 2)using d same blood stained surface on a patient? This should make it easier now. Goodluck!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2012
have little about medical terms and ethics.. so i'll probably skip this one... the explanation isn't helping either..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by walexydon(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2012
naturalwaves:

No,the statement means that,blood must not come in contact with any of d surgeon's skin directly during operation.E.g When a surgeon reverses d gloves that's been used by another surgeon,d blood stained part will be all over his palms.U get? Mind U,it is also medically wrong for a surgeon to use d same surface of glove(that's already blood stained) that's been used by another surgeon on a patient. So,ow can they perform d surgery with just d 2 gloves available while at d same time avoiding these two situations of a sirgeon's palms being directly in contact with blood and 2)using d same blood stained surface on a patient? This should make it easier now. Goodluck!
nope it didnt make it easier
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
Here is a murder mystery case. Who can solve it? Here it is;

One evening there was a murder in the home of a married couple, their son and daughter. One of these four people murdered one of the others. One of the members of the family witnessed the crime.

The other one helped the murderer.

These are the things we know for sure:

1. The witness and the one who helped the murderer were not of the same sex.

2. The oldest person and the witness were not of the same sex.

3. The youngest person and the victim were not of the same sex.

4. The one who helped the murderer was older than the victim.

5. The father was the oldest member of the family.

6. The murderer was not the youngest member of the family.

Who was the murderer?
Who was d helper?
Who was d witness?
Who was d victim?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
walexydon:
nope it didnt make it easier
smileyOkay,I will upload d solution later around evening time.Meanwhile U can try d murder mystery case.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Witness: daughter
Murderer: mother
Who helped: father
Victim: son

Tell ♍ƺ A̶̲̥̅♏ wrong!!!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
dlex21: Witness: daughter
Murderer: mother
Who helped: father
Victim: son

Tell ♍ƺ A̶̲̥̅♏ wrong!!!

You are absolutely correct! Nice one.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
Took some brain cracking though

1 Like

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 10:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
dlex21: Took some brain cracking though

Yeah,Expectedly.Welldone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

When You Combine Ministry Of Works, Housing And Transport... Hilarious! / Funny! School Cartoon Comics. / Hilarious Pic: When You Gave Birth To A Stubborn Kid And Refuses To Stay Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.