Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (42395 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Sagamite(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2012
ogbeche77: Mr knowall,why cant his ex mates come to his aid,Yekini was suffering frm depression,was abandoned by wives and children..

Why didn't you go to his aid? Why were you waiting for others to go to his aid?

Next time you call me "Mr Knowall", instead of the appropraite "My God", you will see fire.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by deols(f): 10:54am On May 05, 2012
oh God, I met him once. Dont believe d rumor of him running mad. People should stop that ah!

may Allah forgive his sins..Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajihun
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by finallytalking: 10:56am On May 05, 2012
ogbeche77: Mr knowall,why cant his ex mates come to his aid,Yekini was suffering frm depression,was abandoned by wives and children..
Oh!! so he had wives and children and they chose in their best opinion to abandon him, why then are you are blaming the NFF and the Govt. I pray you never abandon your parents.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 05, 2012
Rest in peace our hero.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by fame12k(m): 11:22am On May 05, 2012
larpah: Have you seen any death story that is not a bad news before?

yeah, d death of abacha was a gud news, not all dead news is bad.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by 4reigningqueen: 11:22am On May 05, 2012
irreplaceable

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by PTNL: 11:22am On May 05, 2012
We should be conscious of our comments: This guy was never roaming on the street as a mad man, I saw him about two months ago in my area driving his liftback nissan car around Lafia hotel in Ibadan and av seen him driving the same car around Sabo area of ibadan city where he likes hanging out with some of his Hausa friends. Pls let us stop saying he ran mad although he might be goofy or must have had some psychological issues cos at times he won't answer when you hail or shout his name in the traffic.
He's dead anyway, may his soul rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by minnygirl(f): 11:28am On May 05, 2012
Rest in peace !
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 05, 2012
A man that put lots of smiles on our faces during his playing days just died and some people are here saying stupid things about him. Give him one last respect please. He rose to national and continental prominence on hard work and it's a pity he died the way he did. The least we could do is not blame him about his condition. All you haters do not know how you will end.

RIP Yekini
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by FBS: 11:41am On May 05, 2012
Rest In Peace Rashidi Yekini. embarassed
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by manibuds(m): 12:20pm On May 05, 2012
Rashidi Yekini rest in peace!
you have left your footprints in the sands of time.
as a student of the game I never gave you enough credit for the goals you scored because soccer is a team sport and the volume of goals you missed,but when you left the super eagles goal scoring chances fizzled out,what happened?where the wingers and midfielders not creating chances?then it dawned on me that you took ordinary situations and created goal scoring chances out of them,you made many of your team mates look good.
on the pitch and on your day you represented everything this nation should be,big,strong,fast and tenacious in some situations,while flexible,cunning and skillful in other situations.
there are footballers who have made more money than you but their money wont make us call them great after all said and done.

men live,men die!
Rest in peace goalsfather.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2012
3days ago, I created an avatar of Yekini n a soccer game. I rmber hs futbal skills.
Miss u Yeking-Da-Bomber
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by amtheone(m): 12:32pm On May 05, 2012
RIP Our great goalscorer.

It's really sad that Nigeria only celebrates her heroes when they are not around. People should stop finding fault with him, he gave his all and made us proud during his days. I think when he needed help, he should have been reached out and given the needed help.

Forget about how much he received as a salary while playing, but during his trying times both our looted leaders and his colleagues should have risen to such occasion.

Those looters in Abuja and beyond what have they done to deserve such stealing. And when they have headache don't they travel abroad for treatment and who foot the bill for such treatment? Is it not our money that they used. So why should a great player not given necessary attention when it matters most?

Yekini was and is still a household name. The truth is that Nigeria is not worth dying for. A country that don't value human life. Now that he's gone, the next thing will be budget for his burial and the Minister for sport will prepare speech.

Pls if u don't have anything positive to say about Yekini kindly read through and log out. He deserves a better attention than this.

Once again, RIP
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by rafiky: 12:38pm On May 05, 2012
WOW!RASHIDI YEKINI IS DEAD?
May his gentle soul rest in Perfect peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2012
amtheone: RIP Our great goalscorer.

It's really sad that Nigeria only celebrates her heroes when they are not around. People should stop finding fault with him, he gave his all and made us proud during his days. I think when he needed help, he should have been reached out and given the needed help.

Forget about how much he received as a salary while playing, but during his trying times both our looted leaders and his colleagues should have risen to such occasion.

Those looters in Abuja and beyond what have they done to deserve such stealing. And when they have headache don't they travel abroad for treatment and who foot the bill for such treatment? Is it not our money that they used. So why should a great player not given necessary attention when it matters most?

Yekini was and is still a household name. The truth is that Nigeria is not worth dying for. A country that don't value human life. Now that he's gone, the next thing will be budget for his burial and the Minister for sport will prepare speech.

Pls if u don't have anything positive to say about Yekini kindly read through and log out. He deserves a better attention than this.

Once again, RIP

This is such a silly post!

Where were you when he needed help? Why didn't you reach out?

So because some moorons are unjustly wasting our money we should set it as policy to waste it more?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by hommer(f): 12:57pm On May 05, 2012
OHhhhhhhhh Rashidi Yekini. My heart is so heavy right now. RIP
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Niseamaka(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2012
Abagworo:

From what I saw from a program on AIT, he was not comfortable. His house looked so old and unkept and he was a very sad man. He went as far as using his own mouth to complain of abandonment. I lost my value for many of his co-players because of that. I believe they should have initiated a form of rehabilitation for him and not Government. [b]The experience Etim Esin had at Okocha's house[/b] goes on to tell a lot more about the "Super eagles mafia" of the 90's. They have a clique and they are the rich ones.

CAN YOU EXPATIATE ON THE BOLDED,PLEASE?. R.I.P YEKINI
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Johnsinia(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2012
He was d greatest goal scorer dis country ve ever produce.
The media are nt tryin atall,they r suppose 2 b given us update of our legend so dat we would knw d conditn of their health and situation and nt until dey die we wil nw hear dat dey die of dis or dat.I wuld ve help if i knw he needs help atleast pray n fast 4 him.this is my 1st time of hearin dat he had psycological problm,bt nw hes dead all tanks 2 d media 4 their inactivenex.
So sad you had 2 go dis way and so soon.REST IN PEACE R. YEKINI
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Tropilo(m): 1:39pm On May 05, 2012
Its difficult not to pass some blame on Yekini's home state government. Gathered the sports minister is also from Kwara state. Forget his old national team mates as they all have their lives to lead and ofcos may also have their own "headaches".
Bukola Saraki the erstwhile Kwara governor, for the 8yrs he was governor could not even as much as ask after the biggest name ever in sports from Kwara and the 'goat' stole so much and wanted to even run for president. Did he not even hear as rumour that this patriot who made sure it was game-over for our opponents was not in good shape?
I doubt if Yekini still had strong pals in the old National team. Cos if for anything at least one of them would have taken up his case. I guess Mutiu Adepoju the popular "head master" and team mate leaves in that same Ibadan. This makes me remember the case of Paul Gascoign who played for England and later became a drunk and a recluse. He was at the point of death when David Seaman an old team mate check on him after repeated unanswered calls only to find him lying unconscious and called for medical help, therefore saving his life.
Yekini's case is painful. Really painful. May The GOOD LORD accept his soul for the good he did for us. Amen!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by juman(m): 1:56pm On May 05, 2012
deols: oh God,[size=16pt] I met him once. Dont believe d rumor of him running mad. [/size]People should stop that ah!

may Allah forgive his sins..Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajihun
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by juman(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2012
PTNL: [size=14pt] We should be conscious of our comments: This guy was never roaming on the street as a mad man, I saw him about two months ago in my area driving his liftback nissan car around Lafia hotel in Ibadan and av seen him driving the same car around Sabo area of ibadan city where he likes hanging out with some of his Hausa friends. [/size]Pls let us stop saying he ran mad although he might be goofy or must have had some psychological issues cos at times he won't answer when you hail or shout his name in the traffic.
He's dead anyway, may his soul rest in peace!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by olaadegoke(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2012
Na wa o..Cant u dolts leave a condolence mssgs and let the man be at peace without ur yeye super story

R.I.P YeKing cry
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:12pm On May 05, 2012
Good bye my Love.
U served our country Well.
U made me proud & Happy with ur Goal in USA 94,
that was the year i entered Europe.
Ur goal was the only good news on television regarding Nigeria in 1994.
I beg God Almighty to have mercy on u.
Rest in Peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by AndroBlaze: 2:22pm On May 05, 2012
I'm a son of the early 80's, so I am not ashamed to say I have lost the greatest Nigerian Hero I knew who inspired me all through my youth.

He meant more to me and a lot of my fellow agemates than a million Mikel Obis, a billion Obasanjos and a trillion Goodluck Ebele Johnathans will ever mean.

I will miss you, the greatest Nigerian Hero in my Lifetime.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by newacca: 2:44pm On May 05, 2012
so sad. R-I-P YEKING
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by newacca: 2:50pm On May 05, 2012
sad sad
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by ipio(f): 3:05pm On May 05, 2012
RIP
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by seglan(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2012
May his sin be forgiving and rest in peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Kayyy: 3:17pm On May 05, 2012
@ sagamite, while you have a point, reality is most of these people using those funds to sponsor themselves abroad for treatment and the waste you call it are doing and would continue to do it as long as the status quo remains, it is the sorry state of our country, nobody is held responsible and they're not answerable to us at the moment (whether you agree with me or not), so if these people enjoy this benefits, how much more people that have shed blood and sweat for nigeria, the example of paul gascoigne in the UK as posted by someone below is a typical example of how you rally round a legend of the country. there was time where gascoinge was in the news for everything bad, neglected, but now he is appearing in the media once in a while after rehabilitation.

i'm also sure you remember maradona's weight issues and how the country rallied around him, and also how boca juniors brought him from no where and placed him in an important position in the club, that is what most people here are refering to.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by saudatu(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2012
RIP sir.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by 4ward(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2012
But Guys Come 2 think of it what could had caused all hs colleagues desert him after USA 94.Something must av caused it.May His Gentle Soul Rest In Peace.A Football Legend In Nigeria/Africa

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea FC: Shut Your Mouth, Show Respect - Nico Jackson Replies Mikel Obi / Throwback Picture Of Mercy Akide And Nwankwo Kanu At The 1999 CAF Awards / Nigeria Star Alex Iwobi Scores First Everton Goal In 4-2 Carabao Cup Win(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.