Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (42150 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 04, 2012
May his soul RIP...uwa na eme ntughari...so chukwu ma ihe n'ile.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by valencia25(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2012
Too bad...
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Opoki(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2012
Confirmed: Being a true/devoted Muslim also added to his problem because he never spent his MVP money in bar with the member of the team as against the tradition which was why he had a major problem with the entire team.
Also the divorce of her first American wife shortly after USA '94 added to his problem. Had seen him about times at Liberty stadium and hadly will u know he his our first-ever goal scorer in World cup.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by oluMyderz(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2012
edwrad50:

So many sad things have been heard about Rasheed Yekini in recent times,ranging from alleged mental stress to spiritual attack. But Rasheed Yekini,the once beautiful bride of the Super Eagles is now dead!!.

Contrary to report making the round that he is homeless, he actually has a four bedroom flat on Ring Road,beside the famous Oni & Sons complex in the ancient town where he stays.

Though,he was said to have gone broke for years,the death of his confidant,one Ibraheem,a very wealthy bureau de change operator in Sabo area of Ibadan turned things for the worse for him.

The ex soccer star was reported to be leaning on Ibraheem for his financial needs,before the guy(Ibrahim) was hacked down by notorious armed bandits,who raided his shop and shot him dead.

The incident, it was further gathered, nearly turned him into destitute, as he had to cope with loneliness.

However, sources close to him informed us that his family who had initially abandoned him to his fate had come to his rescue.

He was trying to venture into a new business after unsuccessful attempts in the past.
sharaap dia! Haba u 2 dey lie sha.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by GATomcruise: 10:56pm On May 04, 2012
may his soul rest in peace Amen:;,;, :-,
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 04, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace! Rasheed Yekini was truly the best striker super eagle ever had !
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by fredoooooo: 10:57pm On May 04, 2012
sad sad sad sad , all i can remember now is your first goal in the 1994 world cup against bulgaria cry cry cry cry cry R.I.P
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by childluck(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2012
NLders, pls just pay your last respect and shut up. No stories about he was abandoned by anybody or government, does it matter now? Who amongst you story tellers ever opened a thread for him b4. I only remember he took Nigeria to the first WC and scored Nigeria's first goal at a WC toney. RIP.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Orebukola(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2012
the goal machine we love u and respect ur part 4 d up going of suca in naija,though u are not reward Allah wil reward u thru ur family and children RIP EGBON.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by adeleye83(m): 10:59pm On May 04, 2012
Ibadan on rampage. I stay in ibadan we will mourn round ibadan tomorrow morning. May is soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by passionate88: 10:59pm On May 04, 2012
Our first ever world cup goal scorer... REST IN PEACE..
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 04, 2012
Why are people saying these about Nigeria. Is it Nigeria's fault that he didn't manage the money he had well? Look at Daniel Amokachi, Stephen Keshi, Sunday Oliseh, Celestine Babayaro, Victor Ikpeba, Finidi George etc. These guys are still living in wealth and good health because they managed the money they had well, invested in real estate and oil, some of them built filling stations and registered good businesses under CAC, so whose fault is it? They all played together. Though I pity him o. I could remember watching him eating roasted corn by the road side on tv, he never knew the camera man was videoing him. He later became non-compos mentis, and now died in poverty. Blame no one but him and him alone.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by igosee: 11:02pm On May 04, 2012
This Guy was reported to be giving out his properties and living alone in his house without lights and unkept, and reported that he has mental problems , but nobody came to his rescue. NFF and Sport Minister, and his state government abandoned him, now his dead, they can bring out their Billions for his burial, Foolish government that has no regard for their heros, RIP Rashidi God love you most

https://www.nairaland.com/619870/legendary-footballer-rashidi-yekini-runs

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by purplekayc(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2012
Just saw it on wikipedia
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by sylve11: 11:05pm On May 04, 2012
I cried! R.I.P Rashidi Yekini, won't forget how u made me happy and smile then, never will i forget. R.I.P man! sad sad sad sad cry cry cool
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by childluck(m): 11:07pm On May 04, 2012
Wisdom speaks!!! 50+ died in Yobe yesterday and no much noise. RIP Yekini. You really made your mark and history would remember you for good!!!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by AlabaSlim: 11:09pm On May 04, 2012
temmytanny:
yes its been comfirmed by collin udoh of NFA
bros udoh no longa WORKZ wit d nfa or wateva dey kal demsef
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Walexy10: 11:09pm On May 04, 2012
sadiq tijani: may jenttle soul rest in perfect peace...he was the best we ever had!
eng hard jenttle?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 04, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by abenecon: 11:10pm On May 04, 2012
[quote author=childluck][/quote] yes you are right but let us pay him the last respect for the great things he has done for our great country Nigeria
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by yogun(f): 11:11pm On May 04, 2012
This is so so very sad.

I didnt hear until dis night that he had mental problems...

Pray God rest his soul...

Adieu!!! Greatest Rashid Yekini...
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 04, 2012
Why must the moderators add a question mark to topics on the front page, if you are not sure, then add a disclaimer instead of making a statement and giving it the appearance of a question.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Ganys: 11:12pm On May 04, 2012
Thank God the Guy will be burried tommorrow morning based on islamic tenet, so, i will be waiting to see where NFF will spend their Millions budgeted for his Burial. I learnt that one yard of white cloth is not more than N200, probably he wont need more than six yard, which is N1200.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Babasessy(m): 11:13pm On May 04, 2012
REST IN PEACE,GANGLING YEKINI!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by mediainspired: 11:13pm On May 04, 2012
Is it true his predicament began after he jilted a lover who felt so bitter she went diabolical to take him down from grace to grass, just to get her pound of flesh?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Walexy10: 11:13pm On May 04, 2012
adeleye83: Ibadan on rampage. I stay in ibadan we will mourn round ibadan tomorrow morning. May is soul rest in peace. Amen
it dosent mean u shld start avin nurtw clash again coz of rashidi's death coz dats wat ibadan is popular 4.

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by nababagod(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2012
The great rasheedi yekini is no more.may his soul rest in peace.i know him to be the best ever penaltykick taker and goal scorer for the super eagles.
now there is argument of abandonment.nobody wants to be a good samaritan.the american musicians cried"we abandon wacko jacko when we shouldn't have".they try to help whitney it was 2 late. Now rasheedi is dead, there will be a fund raising to help is family, y not him when he was alive."food for thought."the goldenboot cause his downfall.i know he would had wish he never won it atall. I pray any step that seems good that will lead to downfall we will not take it.amen.pls be your brothers keeper.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by 234GT(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2012
A very small fraction of the money our politicians steal everyday would have kept the goal machine alive. I will never forget that goal against Bulgaria and his celebration. I am sad right now!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Kolababa: 11:16pm On May 04, 2012
Se TB Joshua no see this one "that Rasheed Yekini" would die.

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by ebecode(m): 11:21pm On May 04, 2012
RIP THE GREAT RASHIDI YEKINI! GOOD NIGHT!
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 04, 2012
R.I.P Rashidi Yekini - the greatest Nigerian striker ever. sad
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by chucky234(m): 11:25pm On May 04, 2012
RIPb,our only true goalsfather.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Blamed For Chelsea’s 6 – 0 Loss To Man City / Funny Exchange Between Asisat Oshoala And Monday Gift. / Van Diyk Loses His First Premier League Game At Anfield After 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.