Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (42392 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by yommyismine(f): 3:30pm On May 07, 2012
Is true ooo,May his gently soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by LordReed(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2012
Sagamite:

Your point is?

So people with mental health issues cannot drive or take care of their house?

Someone told you I work in a mental hospital?

So a person with mental issues can not die young?

My point is someone of that level of mental illness (if there was in Rashidi) does not die of it. The reason people are taken to Psychiatric Hospitals and admitted is when they become a danger to themselves and/or society. A fully functioning adult may choose to undergo therapy for any disorders that may plague him/her so I don't see how Yekini's association with mental illness has anything to do with his death when moreso his neighbours say he was forced away.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by LordReed(m): 8:30pm On May 07, 2012
texazzpete:

YES! Yes they do!

I beg you, stop airing your ignorance in public. You think the only mental illness is the one exhibited by those men that roam the street and eat garbage?!

Please read below and educate yourself so you will stop shaming yourself in a public forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

And you stop exhibiting your lack of reading comprehension. Read the first paragraph again and then get off your high horse.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Sagamite(m): 5:49am On May 08, 2012
Lord_Reed:

My point is someone of that level of mental illness (if there was in Rashidi) does not die of it. The reason people are taken to Psychiatric Hospitals and admitted is when they become a danger to themselves and/or society. A fully functioning adult may choose to undergo therapy for any disorders that may plague him/her so I don't see how Yekini's association with mental illness has anything to do with his death when moreso his neighbours say he was forced away.

So you now realise people with mental illness may be able to drive and take care of their house?

You realise some humans can die young and having mental illness does not immune you from such death and may actually increase the risk?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2012
Sagamite:

So you now realise people with mental illness may be able to drive and take care of their house?

You realise some humans can die young and having mental illness does not immune you from such death and may actually increase the risk?

What I find repulsive is folks making it seem like mental illness is a death sentence. If a mentally ill person can still be a productive member of society why treat him with disdain or make it seem like he is a dead man walking? I would rather he was autopsied to find out the cause of death than this causal acceptance of his death because he apparently was mentally ill.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Sagamite(m): 8:47am On May 08, 2012
Lord_Reed:
What I find repulsive is folks making it seem like mental illness is a death sentence. If a mentally ill person can still be a productive member of society why treat him with disdain or make it seem like he is a dead man walking? I would rather he was autopsied to find out the cause of death than this causal acceptance of his death because he apparently was mentally ill.

I don't think anybody on this thread has implied or insinuated mental illness is a death sentence.

It is obviously suspect when someone, mentally ill or not, who is not at the cusp of death gets taken away by force for treatment and then end up dead at an usually young age. Worse still is when that dead person is wealthy and the forced-takers are the likely beneficiaries of his wealth upon death. That is heavily suspect and in sane societies, a strong autopsy would be done.

That is why I am against this insane process of next day burial for the man.

That is not saying I am will join illiterate foools in saying he was killed without any evidence. I am just saying any suspicion should be eliminated with scientific proof.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by LordReed(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't think anybody on this thread has implied or insinuated mental illness is a death sentence.

It is obviously suspect when someone, mentally ill or not, who is not at the cusp of death gets taken away by force for treatment and then end up dead at an usually young age. Worse still is when that dead person is wealthy and the forced-takers are the likely beneficiaries of his wealth upon death. That is heavily suspect and in sane societies, a strong autopsy would be done.

That is why I am against this insane process of next day burial for the man.

That is not saying I am will join illiterate foools in saying he was killed without any evidence. I am just saying any suspicion should be eliminated with scientific proof.

At least we agree on that.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2013
When I remember Yekini, I think of Majek Fashek. The Lagos State Government should help Majek at least to live his last days gracefully.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea FC: Shut Your Mouth, Show Respect - Nico Jackson Replies Mikel Obi / Throwback Picture Of Mercy Akide And Nwankwo Kanu At The 1999 CAF Awards / Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.