Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris (10444 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by donchrisk(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2012
devil has just three fold ministry 2 kill, 2 steal , and 2 distroyed. While is love, He who offer the world the hishest gift of love by sending jesus to die 4 u and i cannot bring sickness 2 u. Learn 2 no who God is and stop qoutin nonses witout checking the histrories of what u qoute, God does not give sickness period.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by logica(m): 1:20am On May 09, 2012
kelz88: God could inflict you to test your faith; Job comes to mind.
I'm sure you'd be so grateful to God if he afflicts you with HIV to test your faith.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nevderek(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2012
In nutshell, God may have allowed people to be disciplined through sickness and other plagues in the old testament or rather before the Christ died for any man, before it was possible for any soul to receive salvation. But with the revealing of Christ, it became possible for man to be born again, being born again means being born of God, and so when God looks at the christian, He doesn't see a man struggling with sins, He sees His child, as righteous as Jesus is (1 john 4 v 17). That's the idea of Christ dying for all (2 Cor 5 v 14).. And so He doesn't punish him for erring anymore (Rom 8 v 1), Christ gave His life to pay that price. As for the non christian, he is at the devil's mercy, if any evil befalls him God has no hand in it. So sickness and all that is not from God (James 1 v 13), you can take that or you can leave it, your call, wouldn't change a thing about God. Wouldn't even change the fact that I've not been sick for years.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by nevderek(m): 9:04am On May 09, 2012
For my friend talking about Job, go read the story again. God bragged about Job, satan felt that was cos God blessed the man so much and put a whole lotta protection around him and it wasn't possible to touch him. And God said ok go try him, God didn't try Job, he didn't inflict Job with evil, He rather removed His cover and the devil went to work. And that was back in the days before Jesus made sure satan don't come accusing God's people anymore..
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by mbaemeka(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2012
^^^^ tell them!
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2012
logica: I'm sure you'd be so grateful to God if he afflicts you with HIV to test your faith.

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man
:
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2012
newmi:
So whatz your point

Darkness is an effect not a creation. As nuella said. Darkness is an absence of light. There was a pre admire world that was destroyed ,before the creation of adam. The destruction of that world led to the absence of light called darkeness in genesis 1:2. Jeremiah gave a hint on what led to the darkness ,

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled

The prophets had their limitation. There's some things I can't say here so as not to discredit Gods word Before the atheist and co, except we have a christian only section Here.

People prophesy according to measure of faith and knowledge but there'are exceptional cases.

That's Why the Bible says to judge prophecies .

1 Corinthians 14:29
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:55am On May 09, 2012
^^^^^^^^
Crook.. Maven..Oh boy, see as u don twist the thing to JUDGE PROPHECIES.... nA WA O ogA jOE
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

Darkness is an effect not a creation. As nuella said. Darkness is an absence of light. There was a pre admire world that was destroyed ,before the creation of adam. The destruction of that world led to the absence of light called darkeness in genesis 1:2. Jeremiah gave a hint on what led to the darkness ,

Jeremiah 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. 25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled

The prophets had their limitation. There's some things I can't say here so as not to discredit Gods word Before the atheist and co, except we have a christian only section Here.

People prophesy according to measure of faith and knowledge but there'are exceptional cases.

That's Why the Bible says to judge prophecies .

1 Corinthians 14:29
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge
Well said but l had to ask that question simply because your points were tending to suggest an attempt to "discredit" God.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2012
@newmi
Happy birthday

newmi:
Well said but l had to ask that question simply because your points were tending to suggest an attempt to "discredit" God.

I don't understand? But while you're trying to explain, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! Again , hope we will get new grammar today tombology ,lembology grin
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by logica(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2012
Joagbaje:

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man
:

Nice scripture. Never mind that what God did to Abraham seems to not fall under "temptation" as far as James was concerned. But do you have any quotes for the below:

logica: . . .and without you knowing it, and by your admission the Bible is not the infallible word of God after all. You have just indicated that the Biblical accounts were basically from the perspective of the writers; and which was influenced by their ignorance.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by johnwell(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2012
cheesy wonders shall never end, so nairalanders knows the scripture like this? Am shock to see *, *, & * quotes the scripture cool
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by 3kay945(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2012
i believe God has made HIs laws, whoever go contrary should face the consequences, that is why I also believe in re-incarntation.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by dangloove(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2012
my question to everybody is this--if God actually gives us sickness as punishment or whatever,why try to remove this sickness by meeting ur medical doctor or whoever u meet when u re sick.knowing fully well that GOD GAVE U THIS PRECIOUS GIFT.I personally think God will be unfair to use the same tool as the devil.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 09, 2012
I don't know what to say but i remembered my Lord told us that
I WISH ABOVE ALL THINGS THAT THOU MAYEST PROSPERETH AND BE IN HEALTH EVEN AS THY SOUL PROSPERETH.
WHETHER He is the one that afflicted you because of sin, either by you or your father, or He allowed you to be afflicted by the devil, all i want you to know is that when you call upon him he will answer you and show you great and mighty things that you don't even know.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by kinguwem: 8:21pm On May 09, 2012
Nigerians are very religious but mentally lazy people. There is a scientific basis for diseases. With advancement in technology, some diseases can be treated in-utero. Most children born with deformities have congenital anomaly. Some of those anomalies can be treated medically. The religious basis of disease is just a lazy man's mentality. Some pastors take advantage of the sick because of this devil's theory of the origin of diseases. Some people get healed through miracles but a lot of them die while seeking for the miracle. Most patients get relief after medical treatment. In summary, the availability of good and affordable health care will reduce the suffering of patients waiting for miracles in religious houses. The physician treats and God heals the patients.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by aodiki: 8:52am On May 10, 2012
@aodiki

Have you read the book of Job, what did Job do to God, did he commit any sin? did God not love him? why did God allowed satan to put sickness of many years on Job.
Read Job 1:1 and if you care read all.

The ways of God are not our ways, our thought is very different from who God is.
Your Pastor says you have the thought of God since you are complete in Him. You are just decimating the word of God.
You don't have the thought of God, God is too holy to compare humanity to His level, you may say I am a "nepios", but I hold my God in high esteem.

The Bible says, even Jesus having found himself in the likeness of Men thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but humbled himself even unto the death of the cross, phillipians

You these Chris boys, read bible yourself and understand. You see, the truth is forever the truth, many of your Pastors are now deflecting to Winners to preach the real word of God, because they are finding Chris's messages wanting in many areas. Especially when He said "self-service is allowed, Smoking and Driking is not a Sin" is that the word of God.

You had better wake up.

@muskeeto

I have read that story of Job and other related scriptures, and it doesn't in any mean that God put sickness on Job. There is one point that is evident in that story - Job was afraid. The Bible says that "fear is a torment".

Even the devil accused God of blessing Job and putting a hedge of protection around Job and all that Job had in that scripture that you are referring to. How can God then under the taunting of the devil now start to punish Job. What did Job do to God to deserve the punishment.

If you care, do a study on Job and refer to other scriptures, you'll see that Job with his words and actions broke the hedge of protection that God had around him and that's where the devil had a legal right to attack Jobs life.

Quoting your comment "The Bible says, even Jesus having found himself in the likeness of Men thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but humbled himself even unto the death of the cross, phillipians". What this scripture is saying is that Jesus did not think that it is wrong to be equal with God even though he was in the form of a man, yet he humbled himself unto death, even the death of the cross - please read it again from your Bible.

In your last paragraph, you are beginning to sound like the scribes, pharisees and saducees, whom even when a notable miracle was done on a man that was born blind whom they have known over the years to have been born blind, refused to acknowledge that there was a miracle done on that man and that the one who has done it deserve some commendation - because of the their religiousity that could not help the blind man over the years.

I put it this way. God did not make sickness and is never responsible for sickness. But he will heal any one that believes.

In the Garden of Eden, God told Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that the day he eats of it he shall surely die. God did not say he will kill man, neither did he punish man for eating the tree. He only told man the consequences of his action if he goes that way of eating the tree. When Adam ate of the tree, that day Adam died, and sickness and all manner of evil are all manifestations of death that came it man's life. But Jesus came and destroyed the works of death and gave anyone that believes eternal life.

Life is a choice. you choose to live or to die, it's all up to you. Your choices determine what you believe.

God is Love.
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2012
Joagbaje: @newmi
Happy birthday

I don't understand? But while you're trying to explain, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! Again , hope we will get new grammar today tombology ,lembology grin
Hahahaha grin how hillarious and ludacious l hope to increase my lexical repository and l received a very special gift on my birthday from my PASTOR and really wanted everybody to know. Thanks for the pleasant felicitations
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by treasuredkid: 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
yes, the article is correct...sickness is sure not from God because God through Christ has given us the best of life – a life of victory and authority over all and everything; a life of joy and laughter, a life void of sickness, diseases, poverty, defeat, sin and death. Some people believe that they have to suffer and settle for the lesser things in life. People have thought that it’s wrong to look good. They have the notion that it’s better to live in poverty and go to heaven. Living in poverty, sickness and defeat has nothing to do with going to heaven; however living in dominion and authority takes you away from poverty. Understanding this shows you the will of God for your life. You’re made after the image and likeness of God according to the scripture in Genesis 1:27 and He wouldn’t plan a miserable life for you. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 8:9 “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.”
Re: Sickness: Not An Act Of God! · Pastor Chris by FXKing2012(m): 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
Of course I've always tried to make it clear to people that sickness, pain, loss, etc are not from God but from the devil. God does no tneed the tools of the devil to operate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? / Getting Chills And Goosebumbs When I Pray Or Worship God. Why? / Pitfalls Every Christian Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.