Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels (45811 Views)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / I Wish Our University Hostels Are Like Dis / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 11:03am On May 08, 2012
Name And Shame: How Many Are There In, And What Size Is Your University Hostel?

Name your university, your hostel, and how many people (both legal and squatters) are in a room. And let's not forget, what is the size of a standard room in your school?

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:06pm On May 09, 2012
University of Port-Harcourt. Aminu Kano Hall. Der are 3people in a room. It is a standard 12 by 12-ceilingboard room. So very comfortable but comes at a price of 20k. Its good enough.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by pally212(m): 12:07am On May 10, 2012
Novena university barba lodge is of standard.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Chegunn(m): 12:16am On May 10, 2012
Oau ife. angola hall 12 in d room officially but may vary from 15 in a week to 17 another week.d place is alright sha just like detention

2 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by chelseabmw(m): 12:18am On May 10, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ambrose Alli University

What more can i say about that skool embarassed embarassed embarassed

three students died recently in school hostel cos of lack of infrastructure and maintenance
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by not2long(m): 12:33am On May 10, 2012
My school was OAU, even though i love the school, the hostel is nothing to write home about,i can never invite any of my family to pay me a visit because of the poor hygienic condition.In my first year i squatted with a friend in ETF HALL, we were 11 in a room of 8,my second year i moved to the capital of OAU, AWO HALL, where i stayed in block 6, one of the dirtiest hostel, we were 10 in a room meant for 6,in my third year, i stayed on the same block in my third year and we were 11 in a room of 6,then i moved to block 7 where we were 11 in a room of 6.even with all the deficiency it had, dirty room, stinking toilet, slippery bathroom etc,if i have the opportunity to stay in any hall in OAU it will always be AWO HALL(THE CASTLE OF GREAT MEN),BTW, the room size is twice the size of a normal toilet

3 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 12:49am On May 10, 2012
University of Benin.. Queen Idia Hall, standard room with 8 persons maximum.

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 12:58am On May 10, 2012
Lets see Oau,ife, 10 legal studs in a rum, 3 squatters vry nyc nd spacious just a couple of probs.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by toideve(m): 1:10am On May 10, 2012
PTI.........Kokori hall, 6 in a room, maximum of 7. Nothing to write home about
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by ujchief(m): 1:11am On May 10, 2012
GraceLand Hostel, Unizik, awka town. One person per room, self contained, standard room size, double entrance, double windows, well ventilated... Oooops, sorry, that was an off-camp accomodation, wouldnt stay in a school hostel for anything!!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 1:17am On May 10, 2012
Ocheja hostel @ Kogi State University. Sapcious for 6 in a room and relatively neat. Inbuilt wardrobe & cupboard. Toilet is wc, heater in d bathroom.. All gone bad cos of students lack of maintanance culture. wx 5k until ds sesion wen it wx increased to 15k.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Deekaydadon(m): 1:29am On May 10, 2012
UI Zik hall 4 in a room max. Very spacious 14k per session while other male halls are 3 in a room. Thats just unbeatable. I rep UI.....first and the best!

2 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by yemiprof(m): 1:34am On May 10, 2012
In Unilag here some hostels are so bad especially some hostels in New Hall. Hostel allocation and infrastructure ds session has been d worst ever witnessed. And ds forced the authority to release a press apologizing for incoviniences. Take time to Read "An open letter to Dean of Student’s Affairs (UNILAG) - ADEYEMI OLALEMI" Ds will shock you. http://adeyemiolalemi./2012/04/28/an-open-letter-to-dean-of-students-affairs-unilag-adeyemi-olalemi/
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by sammyke(m): 1:39am On May 10, 2012
OAU,12 IN A ROOM MEANT FOR 6, FAJUYI HALL
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 1:50am On May 10, 2012
Darejo: University of Benin.. Queen Idia Hall, standard room with 8 persons maximum.
darejo, pls correct me if i'm wrong: in some rums in hall 1(idia hall), they ar more dan 8, though hall 2 is d worxt.
BTW, ar u in Uniben?
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by 1forall: 2:30am On May 10, 2012
Went to OAU and disagree with the folk describing Awo and Faj hostel rooms as meant for 6. Because there are 3 double bunks in the rooms does not mean they were planned for 6.
Those rooms were designed for 2 people which is why they have just 2 wardrobes and 2 reading tables, the authorities just squeezed in the extra beds. That initial configuration is however maintained on some floors in select blocks and allocated to medical students hence the name 'medical floor' for those who remember.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Willzkid(m): 2:30am On May 10, 2012
UNIBEN
HALL 3(aro's den..yr1-2) and HALL 4 (Abujites..yr3-5) representing
c'mon Darejo, wt happend 2 colonization and squatting?
I guess it has reduced, or been eliminated.
Back then it was the fad especially wen permanent allocatn was delayed.
Can stil remember a year when girls took over Hall4, and guys Hall2 cos of such delays...
Enjoyed my stay in the hostel except 4 d bad state of the toilets and bathrooms..

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by mikron(m): 3:02am On May 10, 2012
My hostel is the great suleiman hall. Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. room of 2.(i made sure we remain 2 in the room) the room is 12 by 12. with in built double wardrobes. neat hostel.

3 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 3:14am On May 10, 2012
unilorin hostels are generally good.there are hardly squaters cos each hostel has fingerprint scanners at its entrance and security peepz standin dia(lyk thier lyf depend on it).the hostels are managed by a private coop. called MBO, each block is got its own cleaners ,nd each hostel has its own general supervisor, so trust me, the bathrooms, kitchenettes nd surroundings are always squeaky clean.

3 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 3:30am On May 10, 2012
Unizik, Emalda hostel, 3 in a room bt expensive. 60k per session
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by redcliff: 3:42am On May 10, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 3:44am On May 10, 2012
btw,4got to add,4 UNILORIN hostels,though,i dnt stay in the hostel, there are rooms of 2,4,6 nd 8.dependin on which ure lucky to get online.

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Toppie2(f): 4:25am On May 10, 2012
Oau ife. 1st yr( moz hall:stinking bathrms nd toilets, 4 wardrobes, no kitchenete 14 in a rm meant 4 12)
2nd year (moremi hall:neat bathrms nd toilets +kitchenette, 4 wardrobes. 6 in a rm meant 4 5)
3rd yr (alumni hall: 4 wardrobes, plenty squaters plus the original 8 legal occupants.)
4th yr (moremi hall: 5 legal occupants)
its 2 be noted that moz, nd moremi halls wr to house 8 nd 3 students respectively bt adjustments wr made due 2 overpopulation.

2 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by ijigbamigb(m): 4:39am On May 10, 2012
Has anyone ever been to University of Ado Ekiti's OMOLAYO HOSTEL? No difference between it and Fox River Prisons. Worst Hostel that has ever existed on PLANET EARTH.

4 Likes

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by OLADO(m): 4:43am On May 10, 2012
OAU Ife. Part 1, Awo hall block 3. 11 people in a room built for 2 but allocated to 6 students.
Part 2, Angola hall, room built for 4, allocated to 12 but housing 18.
Part 3, Fajuyi hall annexe, room built for 2, allocated to 6, housed 10.
Part 4, Awolowo hall again, but dis time, we were between 19 ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊‎​ 21 depending on d day of d week.
Part 5, Fajuyi hall medical floor, 3 in a room.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:58am On May 10, 2012
malabo republic hostel in unical..hall4 ,5 and 6..the most rugged i can eva think of...wow i miss unicalamity.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by fabraham(m): 5:01am On May 10, 2012
KSU.Dangana hostel. the most liveliest hostel in kogi state university has 6 p/room (legally) while squatters can increase the no. Of occupants which has over stretched the infrastructures available to a bad state. However,the rooms are as spacious as a normal palour.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by akereconfi: 5:34am On May 10, 2012
UNIPORT.....NUH Medical Hostel........ Hmmmmmmmm cum n see gigantic RATS dt can attack u. Very slippery bathroom, room meant for 3 persons,now accommodate 6-8 persons. boiz wil construct what they call CUBICLE n put zip, each corner now hav it own CUBICLE wf long zip. So u wil hv sum stupid privacy, sum babes sleep there over night, and if u r stayin in d nxt corner (CORNER) u cant sleep cuz of sum funny funny noise from d gal when they r bleepin.
In sum corner, 4 boiz will stay n they will share d number of days they will sleep in d room, if 2 sleeps today, d other 2 sleeps in d class courtesy of TDB n so on.
NAFS==Nigeria Armed Forces Students. Omo, we dey live wf KHAKI BOIz, during sanitation, u dare not go to TDB n sleep off n miss sanitation. Sha....I prefer d NAFS tu MAN O WAR. All other Hostels apart from Medical Hostels hv Man O War in their Hostels, imagine u being in 400L and one mumu Basic Boi in Man O War commandin u to lie down in d gutter. Sha..dt was then, after they killed 3 students(beating). We said NO TO MAN 0 WAR.
I remember dt night (Barca Vs Arsenal) when RVP was given Red Card, there was power interruption. All d ARSENAL fans matched down tu d Generator House (OPERATOR) n started destroying tins, scattered Senate Building...all courtesy of Hostel Boiz. Final Year Corner goes for 30-40 K in Mandela Hostel, Back of Door goes for 20-25 K. And MOSQUITO is thier bestest company. The only Hostel I can Boast of is d new self contain hostel built by UBA n ACCESS BANK and OLU OBASANJO CLINICAL HOSTEL.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Easyjay: 5:42am On May 10, 2012
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 6:20am On May 10, 2012
chindi:
darejo, pls correct me if i'm wrong: in some rums in hall 1(idia hall), they ar more dan 8, though hall 2 is d worxt.
BTW, ar u in Uniben?
its 8 maximum nd beside am a 200 level civil engineering student... I've stayed in hall one 4 two sessions now, so i kw what i'm saying.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by kaze4blues(m): 6:36am On May 10, 2012
LAUTECH is a non residential sch so std av 2 secure acomdatn frm priv8 agents. D hstel re damn xpensiv espcialy in sch areas wt gud facilities. Bt cheaper in town bt facilities may lack. I rep lautech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Richard Appiah Akoto: Computers Donated To Ghana School (Photos) / Ibadan Poly Student Gets Award For Being Girlfriend To Departmental President / When You Want To Get 1st-Class But Mosquitoes Vow To Stop You(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.