Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels (45839 Views)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / I Wish Our University Hostels Are Like Dis / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by youngdee168(m): 12:53pm On May 10, 2012
Kano state university, New Block, we are 8 in the room that is meant for 4 people.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by SUV(f): 12:59pm On May 10, 2012
UNN: year one Ziks Flat: dilapidated and about to collapse. but lively, happenings never a dull moment< water light in abundant but u have to bike or cab to school everyday.

from 2nd - final year: Mary Slessor: the best hostel on campus. 4 in a room. very neat, proximity, water and light, nice roomies et all.

started from N2,500 per session to 5k per session as at 2005 when i graduated, dont know about now.

miss those dayssssssssssss
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Andoni: 1:01pm On May 10, 2012
Every about education in Nigeria is bad. Our leaders see nothing wrong none of their children attend schools here. God help us!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by DisGuy: 1:42pm On May 10, 2012
grin PICTURES PLEASE

4 PEOPLE IN A ROOM, THATS A DENTENTION CENTRE!!

12 PEOPLE IN A ROOM, THATS STRAIGHT PRISON ENVIRONMENT!!

how do you read or relax with other peoople in the same room?

are these unis prevented from inviting investors to build on their land?
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by 1forall: 1:50pm On May 10, 2012
princey83:

I stayed on the fajuyi med floor in my part 3. We were 5 in a room designed for 2.

Hmm it appears things have taken a turn for the worse then. . .

Make my neck no break as I dey SMH for my country, na so so BAD BAD stories EVERYDAY!!!!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by UfuomaUN(m): 2:16pm On May 10, 2012
federal univ of pet resources. An average of 8 in a room( a small room for that matter) ,to bad for a new school just over 5yrs old and yet the fed govt isn't doing any thing about it. All we hear everyday are promises of better days from the VC. What a Jacob he is. And yet he claims that FUPRE is the first of its kind in Africa nd 2nd in the world. What a genius at lying he is!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by dikazik(m): 2:25pm On May 10, 2012
unizik hostel is nice. But can u imagine, 4 in a room, with a managable toilet. But can u imagine 45;000 naira....oops thats tooo costly. With 4 hours power supply and fairly constant water supply

anoda unizik hostel name elmada, is probably the best school hostel in 9aija, 3 in a room with uninterupter power supply. Uninterupted water supply too. It has a wifi network, a camera monitoring system and the bad part na 65k, too bad
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Simplykay(f): 2:47pm On May 10, 2012
Finished from Uniben in 2009. Hall 1 minimum 6 but there's always room for at least 4 squatters . Hall 2 minimum 8,space for about 6 squatters. Hostels were fun sha,there was always one issue or the other to discuss and laugh about.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jpphilips(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2012
ujchief: GraceLand Hostel, Unizik, awka town. One person per room, self contained, standard room size, double entrance, double windows, well ventilated... Oooops, sorry, that was an off-camp accomodation, wouldnt stay in a school hostel for anything!!

i remember those bungos close to LAN hostel, how neat is lAn hostel now?
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by omicron(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2012
UNEC....back then, used to b like 6 in a rum meant for 2 with almst equal number of squatters across most hostels. Facilities were appaling. The ladies' hostels were worse in hygiene (dnt ask me how i knew o, it was obvious!!) My guy visiting frm Abia state uni suddenly changed hs mind to go back despite that it was around 5pm, becos he cudnt stand d toilet in my hall. He had com.e to stay a week! An execption being Imoke Hostel which was a hostel for just final yr med students. That 1 was stil standard...two people in d same rum for two... at times one person per rum depending on the size of the final yr class. Facilities were fair. It was generally a great hostel wt great minds who reason alike, a nice way to transit frm being a studnt to being a doctor. Bt things hv improved since wt 3rd and 4th yr med studnts now in standard rums of two people, each in very cool hostels of their own. And other departments nw stay 4 in a rum for two with beta standards bt with a large rum stil left for improvement. One gud thing at UN, accmdatn fee was fair...9k and 11k for guys n gals respectively, per yr, and that was after it was increased not so long ago, frm d previous fee of 2k only.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On May 10, 2012
ijigbamigb: Has anyone ever been to University of Ado Ekiti's OMOLAYO HOSTEL? No difference between it and Fox River Prisons. Worst Hostel that has ever existed on PLANET EARTH.

then you have not seen LAN hostel in UNIZIK, omo!! no doors and windows few bunks, majority of students crash on the floor, uncompleted, un plastered buildings. that place is a squalor.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by nikaleyot: 4:01pm On May 10, 2012
mZ sleeq: unilorin hostels are generally good.there are hardly squaters cos each hostel has fingerprint scanners at its entrance and security peepz standin dia(lyk thier lyf depend on it).the hostels are managed by a private coop. called MBO, each block is got its own cleaners ,nd each hostel has its own general supervisor, so trust me, the bathrooms, kitchenettes nd surroundings are always squeaky clean.
what year did U̶̲̥̅̊ graduate?cos when  ŵås in unilorin †ЂΞ hostel use τ̲̅ø have minimum of 16 peep in å room of 8  å๓ talking of 2006 compound G village 2
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jpphilips(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2012
SUV: UNN: year one Ziks Flat: dilapidated and about to collapse. but lively, happenings never a dull moment< water light in abundant but u have to bike or cab to school everyday.

TANKER!!! TANKER!! TANKER!! LOL, good old days

from 2nd - final year: Mary Slessor: the best hostel on campus. 4 in a room. very neat, proximity, water and light, nice roomies et all.

started from N2,500 per session to 5k per session as at 2005 when i graduated, dont know about now.

miss those dayssssssssssss
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Altruist(m): 4:55pm On May 10, 2012
Fedponek, stayed in jumbo d only male hostel during my ND room a bit spacious meant 4 6 wit 3 wardrobes,if u enta d toilet u wnt come bk d same except 4 sug quatrs whch is a bit beta.bt it was fun okoro nd agba
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by oweniwe(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2012
pally212: Novena university barba lodge is of standard.
hi, i'm a former student of novena uni, just passed out this yr. I can't imagine u can call those side by side halls stuffed wit six boy a standard hostel. No light, no water, student cafe where u queue for 30 minutes before u're served. . At 50k per student. . Mtchew. . I don't ever intend to live in those prisons again. Igbinedion uni hostels are far better and cheaper too.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2012
solelymade: D present conditions of OAU's halls is very terrible. Rooms and facilities designed for 2 persons(faj & Awo),4 persons(angola) now accommodating 6 legal and 12 legal occupants in Faj§Awo and Angola respectively. A room in Angola now meant for 12 guyz may accommodate as many as 20 guyz. I almost wept d day i visited Angola Hall BUT I also gave thanks to God 4 not allowing d so-called e-portal to throw me into dat hall. Abeg no talk about toilet and other facilities. I wonder how d ladies cope in the Female hostels especially with the fact that they are more susceptible to toilet infections. D issue has been made more difficult with the prices of accommodation off-campus. Any decent space off-campus ranges frm 80k and above in areas close to d skol. Even d bedspace in this halls cost between 20-80k frm a legal occupant selling his/her space which is about 3k frm d skol authority. GOD HELP US ALL

I wonder why they cry when you did not live in Angola. In as much as you may think it is not comfortable, I would recommend it over and over again for a freshman. I squatted in a room in Angola way back and we were 23 in the room against 12. It was interesting because everyone flowed well with one another and till date we all are still friends except for the thief amongst us which we had to send packing since he was a squatter. Angola is a hall of self discovery and if you are fortunate to live with the serious and brainy ones, trust me if you were dumb in your high school, you would learn to read and pass with ease.
Outside ETF where I stayed part 2 to 4, the only hall I could live in and appreciate is Angola and Faj. Awo Hall for me is next to a no no.
Lastly, if there is anything I learnt living in those halls and studying at OAU, it is about "kasun kaji" that is sleeping and waking up. The four years you are spending in school is very minute compared to the number of years you would live outside campus. Therefore, make the best of the situation and laugh whenever you remember same.
Something happened of late, I met a Nigerian guy in church who was squatting with some Asians. The first day he visited my apartment he pleaded to squatt with me for a month. I allowed him and he lived with me for about 4months and then some other Nigerians started complaining. I had to tell them at a point that it was about sleeping and waking up. That I never knew him from Nigeria is not the reason why I should not help since we are both students. If we learn to appreciate the simplicity of life, we would realise that there is more to gain.

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Rockstate: 5:38pm On May 10, 2012
We unitarian resident of the polytechin Ibandan will nt boost of good water supply nor electricity we turn ourselve to electrician some hostel here contain 4 ppl scotter 2 per rum mosquito are ur bed mate.Here we organise utimate search for water becos well water not constant not to talk of bore hole....i promise those portals stone if disturbance is persist protest is on it's way.
GREATEST UNITARIAN
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by bonna4u(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2012
FUTO hostels? If you could survive in those hostels for 5years without living off-campus, you can live anywhere in this country. Go ahead and behave as it pleases you without the fear of prison as kirikiri is child's play in comparism.

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by xxyz17(m): 5:47pm On May 10, 2012
cry.... I graduated from Madonna University Elele campus last October, in my 100l we were about 17 shocked in a room(not a hall). As more hostels were built, it reduced to about 8 people in a room and I think that's d lowest it got. You have to queue up sometimes for more than 30 minutes to have your bath , to avoid that we usually wake by 3AM to take our bath. The bathrooms and toilets are totally unimaginable. Or should I talk about the cat-sized rats that gnaw at our hands and legs? lipsrsealed
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 10, 2012
Darejo: its 8 maximum nd beside am a 200 level civil engineering student... I've stayed in hall one 4 two sessions now, so i kw what i'm saying.
I'm a student there too. BTW, ar u excluding squatterz??
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by mcqt21: 7:25pm On May 10, 2012
hmm GREAT UNIBEN....were do i start from
hall 1 & 2 4 girls were der r no toilet...were evry1 is a shot put star..i.e flingin ur shit in a black celophine grin.....
hall 3 arows i hail o.....18 in a rm meant 2 b 4 8 grin
hall 4 no toilet n its as hot as an oven grin
7k per session
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by tobezekiel(f): 9:17pm On May 10, 2012
Hmmmmm...
ever heard of USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY SOKOTO?
a room(very small o) officially ment 4 8pple, u see 23 pple in that room!the worse part of it is dat, u wont c dm durin the day tym o. . . it in d 9t whn its tym to slip. just 1 fan an sum rooms, the fans are either nt workin or its rolling slow tell me hw u want to read an pass in dat enviroment?!
at least the gurls have 2 hostels, D.V an Iblock.
Do u want to talk abt the boys jungle? sorry hostel...just 1 hostel 4 al d boys in the uni, bet u cn imagin hw it luks lyk.
wel, i dint stay in the hostel while i was there o. the 9t i slept in the hostel, hmm i blamed myself, couldnt take my bath sef had to go bk home to do dat + my slippers wer stolen had to borrow my frnds own.lol. it wasnt funy atal.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Mojibola(m): 9:20pm On May 10, 2012
Deekaydadon: UI Zik hall 4 in a room max. Very spacious 14k per session while other male halls are 3 in a room. Thats just unbeatable. I rep UI.....first and the best!
bros...no be say i wan fall yur hand oo..d rooms were built for 2 buh accomodated as many squatters as possible, stayed there for 4years...we were up to 10 (illegal of course) in my 100 level days, C block, the craziest block then...most rooms had no key, all yu had 2 do was stretch yur hand thru d window 2 unlock d jam
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 10, 2012
American university of Nigeria(Yola, Adamawa state). The cleanest neatest hostel in naija. am not even a student there, am just proud its in my state.

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 10, 2012
American university of Nigeria(Yola, Adamawa state). The cleanest neatest hostel in naija. am not even a student there, am just proud its in my state.

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 10, 2012
temporary/extra hostel

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by graluxxy054(f): 1:44am On May 11, 2012
Hmmm. Tank God u asked. Absu gals hostel is d worse. Am in hostel h. We are 14 in a room dats meant 4 8ppl. Most room have 16gals. 2on a bed. No space. Household pest. Water scarcity. Poor security. Epileptic power supply. Mtn no de try. No even try browse wt dem cos u'd b frustrated. Etc funny tin about it is dat its damn expensive. Sch giv it 2a few students and staff @#12,000. But de resell it @#40,000-#20,000. Depending on d seller, time, room and corner. Better lodges are offcamp @cheaper price, but i prefer hostel life. Soooooooooo interestin
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jammer777: 1:45am On May 11, 2012
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jammer777: 2:10am On May 11, 2012
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jammer777: 2:16am On May 11, 2012
Covenant university hostels might not be the best around but surely comfortable compared to d school fees. I paid 170k for my first year as fees, then the rooms of 4 remained strictly for 4 ppl or less with 4 room-height sectionised wardrobes, 2 ceiling fans(the spaces provided for AC were later blocked for reasons known to bishop alone). Each student with a reading chair/table. Common rooms functioned well, toilets/baths were constantly cleaned by the permanent employed cleaners,public address system well managed, light and water constant, the laundry too is tight. My 4th/5th year(though d fees increased to about 110%), it was 2 per room while the standard subsist. Some archi/engineering students occupy 1 per room. I could walk str8 from my door to d class using the walk way(without crossing the green area). Wanna ask someting, how much is tithe and other investments dat the church generates on weekly basis compared to wat FG generates from crude oil on daily basis that they can't at least provide half-decent accmdtn for fed schools? We really need new set of leaders. The N156m dat d former DG of NSE used on wrist watches can be shared among some fed tech schools to @ least upgrade the labs. God help us. I stayed in Daniel and Joseph Halls.

1 Like

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by sapien(m): 8:02am On May 11, 2012
University of Port Harcourt,Aminu Kano Hall,Block C(God's dwelling place).The room size is 10 by 12.The number of persons in a room is 3,though,8 students are presently occupying my room because my roomies and I are helping out some of our indigent colleague who couldn't afford the quite exorbitant rent.The accommodation fee is #19,850 plus #500 for booking.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Feraz(m): 9:32am On May 11, 2012
chindi:
I'm a student there too. BTW, ar u excluding squatterz??
Yeah, she probably is!!!!! My first year in uniben, hall 3, block b (aro block) 8 in a room meant for 2 (deductions from the fact that there are two wardrobes) with 2 squatters.......retained my space in the same room my second year, this time we were 9 (7 legit owners with 2 squatters, annoying roommates with most being dirty).......the toilets wack....... had to move off the campus..........can't say for hall 4......for hall 2 and 1, hmmmmmmmm..........all i can say is that the guys' hostels are better than the girls..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hostel Built By Pastor David Ibiyeomie For Ignatius Ajuru University (Photos) / Students In Niger State Served Noodles And Egg In Polythene Bag / Final Year Kaduna Polytechnic Student Dies After Signing Out Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.