Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels (45783 Views)

The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo / I Wish Our University Hostels Are Like Dis / 10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by decode55(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2012
undecided
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by adim2(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2012
graduated from the university of Nigeria. Nsukka. although i didn't stay in the hostel for a day, the university's female hostels are better then the males hostel. for female hostels inside school, 4ppl per room excluding presidential which houses 12ppl due to its size. the male hostel is not so condusive. six ppl with extra squatters. but most of these hostels have now been renovated and they are better nw. The lion's den is a place to be.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by hannahmay(f): 7:14am On May 10, 2012
Oau, Moz wc I stay presently is nt easy at all. 12 pple and 3 squatters. Jxt d population is nonsense to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 7:22am On May 10, 2012
1forall: Went to OAU and disagree with the folk describing Awo and Faj hostel rooms as meant for 6. Because there are 3 double bunks in the rooms does not mean they were planned for 6.
Those rooms were designed for 2 people which is why they have just 2 wardrobes and 2 reading tables, the authorities just squeezed in the extra beds. That initial configuration is however maintained on some floors in select blocks and allocated to medical students hence the name 'medical floor' for those who remember.

I stayed on the fajuyi med floor in my part 3. We were 5 in a room designed for 2.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by WhoIGoAsk: 7:22am On May 10, 2012
MOZ, Angola, AwoHall, Alumni, FajHall, Sports, Moremi and Town
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by zannie(f): 7:27am On May 10, 2012
I graduated from UNN. In my first year, I was in Isa Kaita hall and we were 6 in a room; 2 squatters, 2 legal occupants. Isa kaita is just modest, but very lively. In my 2nd year the school introduced the online system and scratch cards, so hostel allocation became better organized. I moved to Okeke hostel. Very clean, but had water problems. 3rd year I was in Mary Slessor hall, adjudged the best in UNN. I dunno if it still is. We were 4 in a very spacious room and I had the best roomies ever. Abundant water supply, proximity to classes and very comfy. In my final year, I moved to Awolowo hall. Cute 4-man room and very close to my dept. Water wasn't a problem too. But d male hostels are notin to write home about. Probably because d big boys stay in BQs and d hostels are mainly used by 1st and 2nd year boys. The PG hostel is new so its top class.
But the thing is, first generation unis eg UNN and others r gonna have older and more dilapidated hostels cos of the rot in our educational systems. I hear accomodation in UNN is much better dan it was in my time
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by codernoni: 7:38am On May 10, 2012
Abu Kongo campus. Room of 3. Don't know the size though. 7k per year. Just modest.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by jadelyn007(f): 7:39am On May 10, 2012
chindi:
darejo, pls correct me if i'm wrong: in some rums in hall 1(idia hall), they ar more dan 8, though hall 2 is d worxt.
BTW, ar u in Uniben?
i was beginning to wonder if it was d uniben i graduated 4rm last yr she's talkin abt.d last tym i chkd d rooms r too smal,d bathrooms ar too old tho oshodin is workin on it.d toilet sits ar desperately cryin to b released.i could go on and on bt let me stop there.these ar d standard hostels in uniben; medical hostel,hall 5,post graduate hostel n d intercontinental hostel.d oda hostel ar below standard.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 8:16am On May 10, 2012
Hehehehe opportunity to trace the wealthy and kidnap them,: God 4bid i mention the name of my school, Them go just kidnap person for norrin sake finking ur father is Dangote not knowing that Bobo don dey hustle for himself. grin
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by tobiit(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2012
Here in LAUTECH we don't have school hostel but off campus. My hostel NELLYVILLE, is a standard selfcontain with borehole water is system. Although, the is hostel quite expensive but we are 3 in a room that makes it affordable for us.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 8:56am On May 10, 2012
FUNAAB hostels are also good,well kept by the cleaners,except for the old blocks,6 in a room,6 wardrobes,there are hardly squatters,at most 1 in a room,electricity supply lasts for16/24 at least,24 hrs water supply,excellent reading rooms,there is also the common rooms for entertainment,i'll rate it 7/10.I represent FUNAAB.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by solelymade: 9:37am On May 10, 2012
D present conditions of OAU's halls is very terrible. Rooms and facilities designed for 2 persons(faj & Awo),4 persons(angola) now accommodating 6 legal and 12 legal occupants in Faj§Awo and Angola respectively. A room in Angola now meant for 12 guyz may accommodate as many as 20 guyz. I almost wept d day i visited Angola Hall BUT I also gave thanks to God 4 not allowing d so-called e-portal to throw me into dat hall. Abeg no talk about toilet and other facilities. I wonder how d ladies cope in the Female hostels especially with the fact that they are more susceptible to toilet infections. D issue has been made more difficult with the prices of accommodation off-campus. Any decent space off-campus ranges frm 80k and above in areas close to d skol. Even d bedspace in this halls cost between 20-80k frm a legal occupant selling his/her space which is about 3k frm d skol authority. GOD HELP US ALL
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by dabrake(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2012
UNIUYO . . . just like alagbon prison. D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by chucky234(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2012
not2long: My school was OAU, even though i love the school, the hostel is nothing to write home about,i can never invite any of my family to pay me a visit because of the poor hygienic condition.In my first year i squatted with a friend in ETF HALL, we were 11 in a room of 8,my second year i moved to the capital of OAU, AWO HALL, where i stayed in block 6, one of the dirtiest hostel, we were 10 in a room meant for 6,in my third year, i stayed on the same block in my third year and we were 11 in a room of 6,then i moved to block 7 where we were 11 in a room of 6.even with all the deficiency it had, dirty room, stinking toilet, slippery bathroom etc,if i have the opportunity to stay in any hall in OAU it will always be AWO HALL(THE CASTLE OF GREAT MEN),BTW, the room size is twice the size of a normal toilet
Hmmm,you tried oooo! How were you able to cope with all the surfocation,I can imagine how bad.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by tute972002(m): 10:17am On May 10, 2012
Unilorin's accommodation used to be terrible! 02/03 session wen accommodation was 1050 naira, squatted with my brother in a room of 8. There were abt 28 of us in the room inclusive of colonisers (stayed in d room d previous session) and floaters (with no affiliation to any legal occupant). There were like 6 - 8 in each corner and occasional visitors. At times we'll have to keep to a time table of who sleeps when - with some goin for night class (compulsorily) while others sleep and wld be woken up wen the former returns. It was terrible in those days and made worse with transportation issues where U've to queue up for 3hrs upwards to get car to town (if U're not smart to shunt). So evry1 wanted to stay in d hostel bt dere were limited spaces. Stayed in hall 2 compound G (now converted to a female hostel)
things started turnin around for d better durin Oloyede's tenure bt wasn't around to witness it
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by spartanian(m): 10:19am On May 10, 2012
oya you guys should upload pix
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by chucky234(m): 10:22am On May 10, 2012
Darejo: University of Benin.. Queen Idia Hall, standard room with 8 persons maximum.
Erima why you dey lie nah,I graduated from Uniben 8 years back though I never stayed in any of the hostels but there is certainly no standard hostel in the whole of Uniben aside block 5 for medicine students.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by fashrola(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2012
Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron: Room size is 12 ceilings, Number of people living: 4 cadets number of bunks: 2 double bunks, Other Accessories: Reading table fixed, with reading lamp, Large wardrobe, Marbled floor, all electrical sockets working, and Fans, The toilets are cleaned daily, so there's no room for untidiness
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Fairgodwin(m): 10:34am On May 10, 2012
chelseabmw: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ambrose Alli University

What more can i say about that skool embarassed embarassed embarassed

three students died recently in school hostel cos of lack of infrastructure and maintenance
Bros, I thought it was two (people that died)? I can bet you're no longer there.............much love!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Habibakasim(f): 10:36am On May 10, 2012
My skul Was IBBUni rooms were jst for 4 studnt very ok n everytin ws nyc no extra person involv bt b4 i finishd rooms for 4 is now for 8.@ d rate of 7k
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Alamutatalo: 10:43am On May 10, 2012
We highlight our challenges with a view to solving them.If a university that should be the bedrock for agitation for change and national growth can continue to endure such harsh conditions then we are doomed as a nation!How much do you think will provide conducive accommodation for all Nigerian students?You'll be surprised how a little part of the trillions been looted can solve accommodation problems in government schools.Why must we keep living like animals when the people responsible are living unchallenged like kings?These same crop of leaders had it so good when they were in school,staying conveniently in single bedded rooms and enjoying free food.We must rise up!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by ministergh: 10:45am On May 10, 2012
university of ghana.....common wealth hall....strictly four in a room for larger rooms and two for small ones with a wardrobe/ locker for each student,free mattress and pillows,no light bills,water bills plus free to use any electrical equipment.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by member479760: 11:24am On May 10, 2012
wey photos?
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by wandeay: 11:37am On May 10, 2012
no wonder nigeria students always graduate with poor grades, situation whereby a university wil b graduating more dan 1500 students, u wil only find about 15 1st class, nd if u take a closer look @dos 15, u wil see dat most of dem dont live in dos hostels, also, recently, a Covenant university student got 4.99 CGPA, pple startd saying, ''in oau or ui, dats equivalent to 2.0 CGPA)'', lol, i can say dat guy got his grades on merit, why? In schools like Covenant, u find d best hostels suitable for students, wen others in OAU r stil strugglin 2 fetch water 2 bath or wher 2 sleep, students in Covenant r already in d class receiving lectures, or in ther comfortable rooms reading, anyway, its not our fault, its d bad government, @least we paid what they ask us 2 pay, yet, we got notin good in return, i call it SRUGGLE! GREAT NIGERIA STUDENT!!!!!!!!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by dabrake(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2012
ministergh: university of ghana.....common wealth hall....strictly four in a room for larger rooms and two for small ones with a wardrobe/ locker for each student,free mattress and pillows,no light bills,water bills plus free to use any electrical equipment.
some people get alexia oh. you nor see nigerian universities or wetin be your point?
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by stagger: 11:50am On May 10, 2012
OmolodMilkman93: University of Port-Harcourt. Aminu Kano Hall. Der are 3people in a room. It is a standard 12 by 12-ceilingboard room. So very comfortable but comes at a price of 20k. Its good enough.

That is because it is the medical students hostel. A standard room in UNIPORT takes 12 to 14 persons, and it has been that way since I was a kid when Ejike Asiegbu, Hilda Dokubo, Francis Duru and Bob-Manuel Udokwu used to stage plays in the crab in the 80s. So stop deceiving everybody.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by hardbody: 11:59am On May 10, 2012
Re: Nigerian University Hostel Name & Shame Game by Lachynos2k2: 4:58am
malabo republic hostel in unical..hall4 ,5 and 6..the most rugged i can eva think of...wow i miss unicalamity.

Great Malabite........

I was there, saw it all. Hall 4, capital of Malabor republic (Unical. I spent all my time in Hall 4, had a brief stint in Hall 2 (Main Campus) but i swapped with a guy in hall 4. Basically 2 double bunk beds meant to accommodate 4 students and therefater each student harboured a squatter so you ended up with 8 guys in a room slightly larger or about the size of 12 by 12. The toilets were decent way back, and the light and feeding was ok, i dont know about now. However, you had to be a toughie to come out unscathed. Those that see danger and apply C-caution will overstand me smileyRe: Nigerian University Hostel Name & Shame Game by Lachynos2k2: 4:58am
malabo republic hostel in unical..hall4 ,5 and 6..the most rugged i can eva think of...wow i miss unicalamity.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by charisel(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2012
Deekaydadon: UI Zik hall 4 in a room max. Very spacious 14k per session while other male halls are 3 in a room. Thats just unbeatable. I rep UI.....first and the best!

great zikite!
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 10, 2012
Great ABU, boasts of more hostels of all Federal universities, has the least students per room ratio. Prove me wrong if you can.
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by oraclefemi(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2012
ijigbamigb: Has anyone ever been to University of Ado Ekiti's OMOLAYO HOSTEL? No difference between it and Fox River Prisons. Worst Hostel that has ever existed on PLANET EARTH.
that's my school oo though I'm through you can get cholera in a few mins in tha place
Re: Name And Shame: Nigerian University Hostels by wirewire(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2012
we dont have any school hostel but private hostels,wchich make the cost of accomodation very high.IMSU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2016: The States With The Highest And Lowest Applicants / Pictures Of University Of Ilorin, The Better By Far / Richard Appiah Akoto: Computers Donated To Ghana School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.