Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! (4189 Views)

Married For Six Years Husband Hiv Positive Wife Negative Advise The Wife Pls / Refused To Take Second Wife, Pls Advice / My Wife Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 08, 2012
I got this from a lady in the social club i belong to, she openly narrated dis to us at our last meeting and varioius kinds of advice from my fellow club members have been flying here and there to her, I decided to bring it here cos I believe we still have good people with useful advice on NL, especially dis family section.
Pls ur advice would be forwarded to her.

This is her story:

"Pls I nid a 'very urgent advise' on dis mata. Mysef n my husband have not bn in talking terms for a long period of time. Instead of loving him more these day, its hatred dat feels my heart. I have just decided to keep to mysef 'cos am tired of giving my best to d marriage n in return receive disappointments every day. He's the kind of man dat believes that helping a woman in d house is bad and unheard of, no mata how stressed out I am, he'll stil find one thing or d other he'll ask me to do 4 him, sometimes even at odd hrs of d day, while i'm trying to sleep. Now I want to change my attitude to him too (bt i dont mean infidelity, not because of him, but God, who sees everything), I know I've bn a loving wife to him and all his people, am planning to start acting as it pleases me no more as it pleases him, because my niceness and pleasant attitude has not been yielded any positive results, instead he makes me sad all the time.
Recently, without informing me, I came back from work one day to meet his elder brother in d house, when i asked, he told me the brother was here to stay, not a visit.
We live in a 2bedroom apartment and my privacy have been invaded as i had to vacat the other room for his brother. (i sleep in the same room with my hubby, but the other room is where a few of my stuff aresmileyI did agree to move out, but i'm thinking of moving my few stuff from his room to the other, while i move his brother's stuff to his, afterall there has not been any sexual activities btw us for some time now, so I see no reason in sleeping in d same room wit him anymo. Pls help me wit ur advise, I don't want to be blamed for any action am taking"
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[/font]

She desperately need our advice before she makes the gravest mistake of her life.

Thank you folks.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Ournaija: 4:46pm On May 08, 2012
This is torture from both side.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 08, 2012
She is already tired of the marriage.
Let them go for counselling. Nairaland can't solve their problem.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Honeycity(f): 5:05pm On May 08, 2012
it takes only wisdom to sustain a marriage!
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by PrettyCindy(f): 6:34pm On May 08, 2012
The mentality of most Nigerian men is quite funny. They treat their wives as their slaves. You want one person who you claim to love to be your wive, cook, dry cleaner, baby incubator, messenger, house girl, s£x machine etc etc.
I truely understand where she is coming from cos i have been there. My case was probably worse off as in after washing this man's clothes (up to handkerchieves), he would never say "thank you" or simple "welldone". One particular saturday i worked my a.s.s off in the morning before going to work (while he was watching a seasonal film) and still branched into the market to buy soup and stew items and prepared both same night, i was dead tired & the weather was hot that night. This man started talking about s£x, i politely told him i was extremely tired and besides the weather was terribly hot. So i pleaded with him to please hold on so i will get my strength back and by early morning or late night the weather would have been cold.......well he told me point blank that he would sleep with another girl the next day.

Anyway your friend should hold on a little while. I will suggest they both go for serious counselling (that is if he will agree) or let her look for an elderly christian couple her husband respects and discuss the issue with the man first then the man will in turn discuss with her husband or both of them. If she hasn't told the man that she tired of being treated like a slave, she should tell him. He may not know that his wife is hurting deep inside.
Please permit me to say this - he doesn't respect or regard her else how will he bring his elder brother to live with them without discussing with her first?
They not being intimate for some time is because.............

Encourage your friend to be careful and apply wisdom in all she is doing. She and her husband needs serious counselling. I will recommend she talk to this lady @ auntieagatha..com. She is a marriage counsellor.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by ronkebp(f): 6:56pm On May 08, 2012
^^^^^^^^hmmmm!!!! hia!!!!! Prettycindy...you tried oooo, i think God gives us what we can handle, because God knows i will not be able to manage that your ex for 2 weeks.

@ Poster, that lady matter is not what anybody can advice her on, like Bluediva said, they both need to go for counselling, bulk of the advice should be for the man. And also there are things that should have been handled and corrected from the beginning of the marraige or relationship, if it is not done in the earlier part of the marraige, then, it usually remains as it is.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by taryour(f): 7:05pm On May 08, 2012
BlueDiva: She is already tired of the marriage.
Let them go for counselling. Nairaland can't solve their problem.

right on point...
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by cintia(f): 7:19pm On May 08, 2012
It seems there is no issue yet,I also smell that brother
Of his is there to execute their plans. Well in everything
Be very wise and be prepared for emergency so you won't taken
Unaware to avoid frustration
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 08, 2012
PrettyCindy: The mentality of most Nigerian men is quite funny. They treat their wives as their slaves. You want one person who you claim to love to be your wive, cook, dry cleaner, baby incubator, messenger, house girl, s£x machine etc etc.
I truely understand where she is coming from cos i have been there. My case was probably worse off as in after washing this man's clothes (up to handkerchieves), he would never say "thank you" or simple "welldone". One particular saturday i worked my a.s.s off in the morning before going to work (while he was watching a seasonal film) and still branched into the market to buy soup and stew items and prepared both same night, i was dead tired & the weather was hot that night. This man started talking about s£x, i politely told him i was extremely tired and besides the weather was terribly hot. So i pleaded with him to please hold on so i will get my strength back and by early morning or late night the weather would have been cold.......well he told me point blank that he would sleep with another girl the next day..

Hm, d things some women have to put up with all in d name of marriage, na wa o. Nne, u try no b small

1 Like

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 08, 2012
PrettyCindy: . I will recommend she talk to this lady @ auntieagatha..com. She is a marriage counsellor.

Thx a lot for dis referral, I'm sure she'll b glad to speak to her.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by tasandra: 9:33pm On May 08, 2012
undecided@Op,bluediva,av said it all..this 1 pass our power...ask her if she s really don,wit the marriage
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 08, 2012
A big thnk u to u all, I'm sure dis is mo dan enof for her to ponder over and take d right decision
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 08, 2012
Av been there and done dat. It can be very dehumanizing especially when you work and contribute substantially to the purse. Anyways, its d price we have to pay for helping d men.
I overcame by being patient. Its better now sha.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 12:06am On May 09, 2012
figures: Av been there and done dat. It can be very dehumanizing especially when you work and contribute substantially to the purse. Anyways, its d price we have to pay for helping d men.
I overcame by being patient. Its better now sha.

Oh thnk God for u! How wish n pray for a turn around for marriages dt re going thru one challeNge or d oda
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Johndoe100(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2012
I really have no advise for the wife cos I don't see what she is complaining about. For the man, if he is in Naija I would advise him to send her away for a while to her parents house. He can meanwhile look for a newer model. Form what the OP said, this woman should be close to if not beyond her sell by date.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by toyemz(f): 2:26pm On May 09, 2012
@Johndoe100

really have no advise for the wife cos I don't see what she is complaining about. For the man, if he is in Naija I[b] would advise him to send her away for a while to her parents house. He can meanwhile look for a newer model. Form what the OP said, this woman should be close to if not beyond her sell by date[/b].

why should he be looking for a newer model,if he has only sent off his wife to spend just a while at home? what happens when she gets back home? hasnt more problems been created?
what are you advocating here? That he marry two wivies,or that he engage in an affair while his legal wife is out of the house?
Do you know the values of marriage? would you even like this to be done to you if you were married? or your sister?
pls think before advising

2 Likes

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Johndoe100(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2012
toyemz: @Johndoe100

why should he be looking for a newer model,if he has only sent off his wife to spend just a while at home? what happens when she gets back home? hasnt more problems been created?
what are you advocating here? That he marry two wivies,or that he engage in an affair while his legal wife is out of the house?
Do you know the values of marriage? would you even like this to be done to you if you were married? or your sister?
pls think before advising

I know exactly what I advise. He doesn't need the expired puzzy. When he gets a taste of the new model he will realize that the so called wife is better off staying with her folks permanently. Most men understand this. It is called the co-efficient of QOT.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 09, 2012
Johndoe100:

I know exactly what I advise. He doesn't need the expired puzzy. When he gets a taste of the new model he will realize that the so called wife is better off staying with her folks permanently. Most men understand this. It is called the co-efficient of QOT.

Na wa o, see advice
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 09, 2012
Johndoe100:

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by moHot(f): 9:32pm On May 09, 2012
Johndoe100: I really have no advise for the wife cos I don't see what she is complaining about. For the man, if he is in Naija I would advise him to send her away for a while to her parents house. He can meanwhile look for a newer model. Form what the OP said, this woman should be close to if not beyond her sell by date.

does this one have brain at all

2 Likes

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 09, 2012
Johndoe100:

See advice I beg
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Coldfeet(f): 11:19pm On May 09, 2012
Hmm! Wonders indeed shall never cease! God I THANK YOU!! for my husband o! If I come this life again na him I go still marry!! Chinekem dalu ekele diri gi.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 09, 2012
in other words this woman doesn't matter in her husband's house. well done!
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by agiboma(f): 11:47pm On May 09, 2012
Well IMO she needs to talk to the husband and find out want is causing this distance between them. They need to enter into counselling if they want to save teh marriage.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Johndoe100(m): 2:29am On May 10, 2012
peaceheartt:

See advice I beg

You have said this 2 or 3 times. I guess you agree with me.

Women who have either had kids or are no longer in their late teens to very early twenties are old models and never bother to ask why a man should stay and be managing their expired or expiring puzzies. Sometimes men who are married fall into stagnation and have not had fresh puzzy for some time and they forget what they originally wanted from the woman. When God intervenes and they get a taste of a real fresh puzzy, they realize what they have been missing.
If the men have friends, they usually help him to get the new model, some then advise him to keep the wife for the sake of the kids. However that is for the useful women, which this one does not appear to be.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Godmother(f): 7:28am On May 20, 2012
Johndoe100:

Women who have either had kids or are no longer in their late teens to very early twenties are old models and never bother to ask why a man should stay and be managing their expired or expiring puzzies. Sometimes men who are married fall into stagnation and have not had fresh puzzy for some time and they forget what they originally wanted from the woman. When God intervenes and they get a taste of a real fresh puzzy, they realize what they have been missing.
If the men have friends, they usually help him to get the new model, some then advise him to keep the wife for the sake of the kids. However that is for the useful women, which this one does not appear to be.

Grow up pls or next time talk with more wisdom. How can u even give this kind of advice. I'm sure the woman's husband thinks exactly like you, that's why they re having these problems

1 Like

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Johndoe100(m): 2:35pm On May 20, 2012
Godmother:

Grow up pls or next time talk with more wisdom. How can u even give this kind of advice. I'm sure the woman's husband thinks exactly like you, that's why they re having these problems

Well if the husband and I and most other men think this way, then where do "your" men come from? The moon? When you hear the truth accept it, learn from it and you will be able to keep your husband.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 20, 2012
Johndoe100:

Oga, I definitely do nt agree wt u, I'm shocked u re giving dis kind of advice, is dis hw u regard ur wife Infact I have a strong feeling u re very underaged judging wt ur post. I'm sure no matured man, married or nt wd post d above

1 Like

Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by hotstuffbea(f): 6:52pm On May 20, 2012
mr johndoe100, do you think only pussy(ies) expire?? joysticks also expire,, buh if everyone decides to look for new models, then there wlll come a time when new models will become secondhand, and then expired. so pls, talk with wisdom next time, or just stay mute.

the lady should talk wit her husband, *really talk, no shouting,or raising voices*,ths talk might help her know the exact state of her husband, and the state of their marriage.. if shes hell-bent on saving the marriage, she has to start making her feelings known and try counseling.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 20, 2012
Johndoe100:

You are a sorry excuse for a man. Archetype of a fo0l. What's all dis BS u av posted? And to add insult to injury, u r feeling cool wiv urself. *smh4u*. No cultured man acts or even thinks that way (dunno what dat makes u - maybe a cultured woman).
@op, ignore him - he jus wants attention.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On May 20, 2012
Moving into a seperate room in my opinion is childish and is not for a woman that actually wants to save her marriage.the boy is already here,its best to first accept that,cool down and think out a permanent soution to their marital stress cos honestly,the arrival of the boy is not the major problem.
I suggest she move into her husbands room,continue her wifely duties ie makin food(the boy washess up after himself,she has to let him know now and make sure he complies) then after like 1 week,sit the husband down for a talk in the bedroom.she should find out what the boy intends doing while he stays with them(school,work,applicant,business,jambite),the answer would be pointers on the way to go.

Somee men can be real petty sha,its possible bringing in this brother without informing the wife is his way of getting back at her . . .it takes a lot of patience,strenght,stronghead(once in a wwhile) to stay married.
Re: From A Distressed Wife, Pls Advice! by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:09pm On May 20, 2012
You people should ignore Johndoe100, he is playing the Devil's advocate here. Can't you feel the sarcasm in his post? I was just lol as I read his post. He is always like that when he drops his comment;thinking outside the box in an anticlockwise manner.

If all men think the way he does, this world would be in a state of quandary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex With My Boobilicious Maid / The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands / My Yahoo Neighborh's Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.