Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? (1839 Views)

Complicated Nanny Issues; Candid Advise Needed Urgently. / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl / Nanny Violently Beats 11 Month Old Baby Left In Her Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 08, 2012
Nigeria aint developed as such and if discovered,it might be seen as intruding on her privacy but hey! i gat 2 know wat happens to my baby's huggies cos she practically STEALS them!

What if the camera captures something unpleasant?
should i just "bone" and leave him in the hands of God instead of spying.

Advice/advise needed! Fenks.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Dyt(f): 5:17pm On May 08, 2012
Hehhehehehehhehehhe
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Aparche(f): 5:40pm On May 08, 2012
grin wouldn't u want to know, if something unpleasant is happening at your home?
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by PrettyCindy(f): 5:53pm On May 08, 2012
Go with your guts. So your mind will be at rest.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by taryour(f): 6:15pm On May 08, 2012
hardleyC: Nigeria aint developed as such and if discovered,it might be seen as intruding on her privacy but hey! i gat 2 know wat happens to my baby's huggies cos she practically STEALS them!

hehehehehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehe. Nawa ooo. But frankly speakin u can use d camera on him or her for ur baby safety,as long as ur baby is concerned,privacy no get meaning oo.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by ronkebp(f): 7:00pm On May 08, 2012
my dear, i am thinking of getting one, once i get back home, if i am going to be leaving my kids with another person i don't know from Adam, then i should be getting one, whether it is infringing on her private rights or not. Abeg i no fit shout, then God will help her or HIM, when i find unpleasant things in the cam.... talk go finish naaa!!!smiley

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by maryini(f): 7:19pm On May 08, 2012
Good idea but would you have time to go through the recordings? If not u will just be wasting your money.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 08, 2012
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by agiboma(f): 8:30pm On May 08, 2012
i say spy, its your kids where talking about, so spy as much as you like ooo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by tasandra: 9:44pm On May 08, 2012
Op,do what u knw s good grin because,me self fit do am 2...na pikin mata we dey talk oo grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by gemstone22(f): 10:19pm On May 08, 2012
Great idea. Go ahead.It gives you an idea of what happens to ur children while you are not at home.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Zilja(f): 1:22am On May 09, 2012
hardleyC: Nigeria aint developed as such and if discovered,it might be seen as intruding on her privacy but hey! i gat 2 know wat happens to my baby's huggies cos she practically STEALS them!

If the Nanny is doing something she shouldn't, either way you will be without a Nanny if she finds out. To make urself feel better and know you are getting the quality of care for you child.....I say do it.

If it capture something unpleasnt.....well you need to know that too!

Gud luck on your decision.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by blank(f): 4:30am On May 09, 2012
I already do it. You can use it to stop bad habits e.g not washing hands after changing the baby, before making baby's food, etc. It is worth every kobo I spent on it.

Btw, what does she use the huggies for, is it to sell?
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 09, 2012
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by blank(f): 11:08am On May 09, 2012
@ Chaircover, you are right but that is why i need the camera. to continue to watch out for those lapses and correct them. She is a human being as well so i cut her some slack.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 09, 2012
maryini: Good idea but would you have time to go through the recordings? If not u will just be wasting your money.

i'd certainly go through the recordings
why would i ever think of planting a cam if i'll be too busy to view it afterwards.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 11:51am On May 09, 2012
chaircover: My take on things is this; if you feel that you cant trust your nanny with simple huggies, then why on earth will you trust him/her with the most valuable "possession" that you have; your child?

You wouldn't put your money in a bank that keeps on loosing customers money, neither would you take your can to a mechanic that you know keeps on losing its customer cars so why on earth would you leave your baby with a thief? Is it until she/he kidnaps the baby for a ransom?

Go with your instinct; its usually right

It's just dat she uses three huggies in 10hrs,claiming my son poos all da tym,whereas on sundays(when i m usually with him 24hrs)he uses on 2!

my fear is she might be using it for her granddaughter who is same age as my son.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 09, 2012
gemstone22: Great idea. Go ahead.It gives you an idea of what happens to ur children while you are not at home.

u can say dat again darl.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by blank(f): 12:19pm On May 09, 2012
hardleyC:

It's just dat she uses three huggies in 10hrs,claiming my son poos all da tym,whereas on sundays(when i m usually with him 24hrs)he uses on 2!

my fear is she might be using it for her granddaughter who is same age as my son.

How old is your son? 2 huggies for 10 hrs? If i could be that lucky. I just feel the child will be uncomfortable wearing the same diapers for max 3 hrs straight and he poos alot.

As Chaircover said, go with you gut instincts. If you feel the person is not trustworthy get someone else although i do not envy you for the journey that you are about to embark on.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 09, 2012
blank:

How old is your son? 2 huggies for 10 hrs? If i could be that lucky. I just feel the child will be uncomfortable wearing the same diapers for max 3 hrs straight and he poos alot.

As Chaircover said, go with you gut instincts. If you feel the person is not trustworthy get someone else although i do not envy you for the journey that you are about to embark on.

He's 9months plus,my stand is:
wear him one in d morn around 7:30,all he does is wee,(huggies is a good product,it absorbs well),when he's wet,i change him to cotton pants for air to avoid diaper rash,then we use the second one by 8pm which is bed time.

my nanny uses 3 within 7:30am and 6pm when i return
doesnt wear him pants and i suspect she'd used only 2 and kept one for her grand daughter (she baby sits her too)
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by MrsA: 12:41pm On May 09, 2012
I absolutely would. They are your kids (nappy matter aside). If you're not sure you can trust her, do it. In all honesty, when i come back, i'll do it anyway and would have in the UK too. It will either show you bad habits that can be corrected, as suggested above, or unforgiveable behaviour that could be harming.

I'd also consider "assisting with her Grandchild" if that's the issue. I don't believe any carer to your children will be fully adequate - our standards are high because of what's at stake. All you can really do is manage the niggles or eliminate them if unbearable.

I will probably have to start a new thread on this but MommyNLanders, where on earth do i find a good nanny!?

X
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Smilenw(f): 12:41pm On May 09, 2012
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Smilenw(f): 12:47pm On May 09, 2012
Lol...try gifting her a pack of huggies and then monitor how much diaper is being used.

If you suspect she is using your baby's diaper for her granddaughter, then she might as well be taking other stuff (baby food, toys etc) Could also be true that she's using only diapers instead of using cotton pants. Maybe she doesn't want to wash too many clothes. If I were you, AND IF THIS IS THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH HER, I'd just leave her with 2 huggies and lock up the carton/pack of huggies.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by MrsA: 1:33pm On May 09, 2012
I concur with @smilenw. Nappies are a minimal worry in the grand scheme of what could be wrong! Not irrelevant but deffo manageable!

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by minute(f): 1:43pm On May 09, 2012
If you cannot trust your nanny enough that you have to resort to a nanny cam, then she

she shouldn't be your nanny in the first place. Plus in many places it's illegal to videotape

someone without their knowledge.

If you want to know how the nanny is doing, look to your baby. Does he get excited to see

the nanny? Does he smile at the smile? Does the baby have any marks on his body? Is the

baby clean? Dry diaper when you come home? All of these are signs of whether or not the baby

is being taken care of correctly. It is completely fine, and should be encouraged by the nanny,

that you do "drop ins" aka surprise visits. Don't tell the nanny that you are going to come home

for lunch or what not and just stop by. Or stop by the activity your nanny says she will at with

your baby. Or have someone else you trust do it.

I would use one if I had serious suspicions, but I would have suspect abuse of my baby and not petty theft.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 09, 2012
MrsA: I concur with @smilenw. Nappies are a minimal worry in the grand scheme of what could be wrong! Not irrelevant but deffo manageable!

Good luck!

minmal worry but an indicator that other things might be going on that i do not know.

Anywayz sha, thanks all for ur advice, i m going ahead to get the cam

i l give y'all feedback later.

adios amigos
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On May 09, 2012
There is nothing wrong in your trying to find out what is happening to your child while you are not home.
If stealing the diapers is the issue, you have nothing really to worry about, but someone that could do that, MIGHT do more.
Re: I Want To Use A Nannycam On My Nanny,should I? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 09, 2012
Fhemmmy: There is nothing wrong in your trying to find out what is happening to your child while you are not home.
If stealing the diapers is the issue, you have nothing really to worry about, but someone that could do that, MIGHT do more.

U alone got me right, as in u read my mind word for word
God bless u sir!

(1) (Reply)

Pls,i Need Advice On What To Do,am Not Happy. / I Need A Purge, A Serious One That You Will Make You Sit Close To Toilet / Nairalander's in diaspora how to feel at home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.