Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,994 members, 7,866,743 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28742 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
I got your concerns but we can't shy away from our heritage, you see with the proper equipment/tools/support from the government the agricultural sector can be very atractive cos of it's value for labour, we really need to do something about our people farming from season to season with nothing to show for it due to working with only bare hand. And any society that looks down on farmers, is a blinded society, infact very soon Africa will be host to many supermarkets who will be going into contracts with farmers to be supplying them with stuffs, we really need to see farming as the backbone of our society.
achi4u: @noiseless.

Your on point brother but are 'we'sure people will not see us as backward people or co_operative society thereby presenting us on a negative side hence farmer were being relegated to the background as poor or are poor?.No.WE are not poor.

Thats my take on that___hope others will still come-up with better option or ideals.

stay cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
My people, let's not get distracted.

Let's keep the suggestions coming.

It looks like symbol is taking shape. We still need to come up with progressive name, and color.

Let's not dwell so much on membership today; membership and eligibility will feature in Article 3.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
The progressive name should have "Enyi" in it since that's what an elephant means in Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by beneli(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
Symbol - The Phoenix.
The mystical bird that rises from its ashes . . . so is immortal. This would be an apt metaphor. There's quite a lot of brilliant images of the phoenix on google images.

Colours - Something red should be in there somewhere. And perhaps something fiery . . . golden perhaps. These would be colours of an unquenching passion to rise above all obstacles, to exist - a spirit that is not alien to peoples of that part of the world. While green, a more modest colour and the colour of life, should complement the fiery earth colours of gold and red . . .

In summary - Red and green with a fiery phoenix, emblozened on it . . .!

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2012
Malam Nasiri Hell Rufai, must you always insult people first, just because they always tear your jaw with superior uppercuts whenever you tried to iritate them with your mosquito below belt punches? by the way no one can go and drag out anyone who hasn't come online to get involved yet.
ndu_chucks: Friendly Advise:

In civilized societies, you'd first set up committees made up of the best qualified among you, based on their pertinent skills, to come up with proposals, which would then be discussed among the whole group.

You people may want to consider doing that. Throwing issues out on the table without focus will only invite chaos. Its time we come out of the bush and do things right.

One is not surprised at this method considering the fact that Onlytruth and PointB are the leaders of this group - these are the worst of you NLers. Where are the likes of Odumchi, violent, Eziachi, Dede1 and other qualified people? PointB is a known dullard on the forum. Dalu o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2012
Not a bad idea at all.
afam4eva: The progressive name should have "Enyi" in it since that's what an elephant means in Igbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
noiseless: Malam Nasiri Hell Rufai, must you always insult people first, just because they always tear your jaw with superior uppercuts whenever you tried to iritate them with your mosquito below belt punches? by the way no one can go and drag out anyone who hasn't come online to get involved yet.

Let's ignore people like him. They are just attention seeking little kids.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
I second beneli's suggestion of the Phoenix.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Umu Igbo mma mma nu o! grin cool

We are off and running!

I have ONE quick suggestion. I don't know whether it would be accepted or rejected. My suggestion is that each item should be discussed for at least 2 days or even three days before we move to the next item.
Adighi eme ngwa amicha aka maka na agaghi afanye ya n'uko! You should not hurriedly lick up the fingers because it will never be shelved!

So, it is better to get the SOLID outcome than just to glide over them and move on.

Umu nna, we may have to settle for that Eastern Nigeria Youth Initiative (Enyi) afterall. That is a youth movement because our fathers have not really given us the best outcome. It is time we improve on their achievements.

I recon that our Anioma brothers are not Easterners, but I bet you they are Easterners at heart, and when Anioma state is created, they will join South East. In any case Eastern Nigeria can still expand. cool

My own humble contribution.

My brother Beneli, ebe ka i no kamgbe? Umunna choro enyemaka gi! Dere m imeelu. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
I will be back later to continue making my own contribution.

Arise and build brothers! The God of heaven he will prosper us!

Signing off,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth, ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
So far these are the names suggested.

- OGANIRU PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT(OPM),
- OHAKWURU PROG.ASSOCIATION(OPA),OBI NDIIGBO MOVEMENT.(ONM)
- Eastern Nigeria Youth Initiative (Enyi)

Ok, the symbols are shaping up.

An Elephant with trunk representing - strength and wisdom, and cultural implication
[img]http://nature.ca/notebooks/images/img/097_i_loxodonta_africana_m.jpg[/img]

A Phoenix representing - undying zeal and passion, rebirth and Renaissance - a new Igbo

Let's keep them coming...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Onlytruth: Umu Igbo mma mma nu o! grin cool

We are off and running!

I have ONE quick suggestion. I don't know whether it would be accepted or rejected. My suggestion is that each item should be discussed for at least 2 days or even three days before we move to the next item.
Adighi eme ngwa amicha aka maka na agaghi afanye ya n'uko! You should not hurriedly lick up the fingers because it will never be shelved!

So, it is better to get the SOLID outcome than just to glide over them and move on.

Umu nna, we may have to settle for that Eastern Nigeria Youth Initiative (Enyi) afterall. That is a youth movement because our fathers have not really given us the best outcome. It is time we improve on their achievements.

I recon that our Anioma brothers are not Easterners, but I bet you they are Easterners at heart, and when Anioma state is created, they will join South East. In any case Eastern Nigeria can still expand. cool

My brother Beneli, ebe ka i no kamgbe? Umunna choro enyemaka gi! Dere m imeelu. cool

I agree with Eze OnlyTruth,

Each Article will run for three days. Better we have a solid foundation than hurriedly laying the stones.
So let's keep the suggestions coming
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ChinenyeN(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Use the Phoenix, and leave the Elephant alone.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
ChinenyeN: Use the Phoenix, and leave the Elephant alone.
Maka gini kwanu?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nedu210(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
afam4eva:
This is the mistake Igbos keep making and that's what has gotten us to where we are presently. This is an Ndi Igbo group and does not concern any other group no matter how close they are to Igbos. We should lookout for our neck first before including anyone. If they want to join us in the future then we can work together(as an Igbo group). Let this group be for Igbos in the south-east and verified Igbos in the south-south.
You are totally right afam, this course should be for ndiigbo and ndiigbo alone, we always get our selves into problem when we trust people we shouldn't trust and think about those that don't care or think about us. We should always apply our ako na uche in all our dealing.
Thank afam u have spoken my mind, hope u speak the mind of the majority though.

@pointB Nwa nnaa.
Atumatu gi di nma, mana Ndị be any si na, Onye gha na ekwensu(ndị ilo) na eri nni(nri) na eji ogonogo ngazi eri, anyi ga awota kwa na agbata obi onye bụ chi gha mana anyi agaghi echezọ na otu aka ahu na onye ndị iro gbaru okirikiri(gburugburu) na eche ndụ gha nche ngbe dum(nine). Ka anyị welu akọ na uche anyị na eme ihe. Mgbe ndị nmadụ furu ọdị'nma na agam na ilu di na ebe anyị nọ, ha ga na ayọ nmekọ anyi na ha. Onweghị onye fụrụ mọbụ mba na anaghị aga na ilụ anyi. Tutu rue mgbe ahu ka anyi gbado anya na ebe ndiigbo na alaigbo di.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
Onlytruth: Umu Igbo mma mma nu o! grin cool

We are off and running!

Brother, I wasn't yet ready for the convo now (I will fully join in about 2 hours) but let me say that officially excluding our brothers from the inception is not the ideal way to go about it. Even if we think they believe they're easterners at heart we should still make it official in our name. I like what you said about not making this convo a jiffy thing. We're not in a haste so let that be settled in all minds. We will deliberate on the name and other things untill we get an all inclusive name that bears our true intentions - which are: equality, justice, good governance, cohesiveness and oneness of Igbo people, maintaning the relationship and friendship between Igbos and her Eastern brothers, pursuance of peace and alliance with other SS states that were formally in Midwest, pursuance of peace and alliance with states in MB, Readiness to work with SW if need be, unflinching belief in the survival of all ethnic groups in Nigeria no matter how tiny they are, respect for evolution of old ethnic groups and emergence of new ones - any group of persons that say they're now new ethnic group must be respected as equal, belief in resource control - resources belong to those living or existing on the land under which the resources are found, Zero interest in arms race or confrontation as we're peaceful and will always remain so, belief that no ethnic group no matter how strong should ply the route of pushing out another (smaller group) off their ancestral land under any guise, belief in scholarships and education, belief in improvement of old and building of new infrastructures, belief in the supremacy of law of the land, and most importantly, belief in a true One Nigeria or No Nigeria.

This convo is not a platform for any attack on anyone. ndu_chuks is welcome, lets respect his imputs. Ogugua88 is a beloved sister and I'm following her imputs. PointB is a superb organizer, Afam4eva the extraodinaire, OnlyTruth our able leader with unmatchable zeal and wit for maneuvering, politicking, and management of naturally republican brethren - I see you took a page from Ikemba. My other brothers - achi4u, noiseless, beneli, emanuelle, and the list goes on - you're all doing great. Please, please - let nobody attack anyone irrespective of views. Even if someone disparages the entire process including our race, lets remain calm and not respond else we derail and destroy our own thing.

God bless.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
nedu210: You are totally right afam, this course should be for ndiigbo and ndiigbo alone, we always get our selves into problem when we trust people we shouldn't trust and think about those that don't care or think about us. We should always apply our ako na uche in all our dealing.
Thank afam u have spoken my mind, hope u speak the mind of the majority though.

@pointB Nwa nnaa.
Atumatu gi di nma, mana Ndị be any si na, Onye gha na ekwensu(ndị ilo) na eri nni(nri) na eji ogonogo ngazi eri, anyi ga awota kwa na agbata obi onye bụ chi gha mana anyi agaghi echezọ na otu aka ahu na onye ndị iro gbaru okirikiri(gburugburu) na eche ndụ gha nche ngbe dum(nine). Ka anyị welu akọ na uche anyị na eme ihe. Mgbe ndị nmadụ furu ọdị'nma na agam na ilu di na ebe anyị nọ, ha ga na ayọ nmekọ anyi na ha. Onweghị onye fụrụ mọbụ mba na anaghị aga na ilụ anyi. Tutu rue mgbe ahu ka anyi gbado anya na ebe ndiigbo na alaigbo di.
[quote author=nedu210]

Nedu Nwa nne,
Awota ra m ihe kwuru. Ya buru ihe otutu anyi choro, nsewu adighi.

If this is what the majority want; we'll see how it fits in. However, we still have to debate further on this in when we get to "Membership and Eligibility" in Article 3
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks nwanne,your advise is accepted by me!
Sam_Ikenna:

Brother, I wasn't yet ready for the convo now (I will fully join in about 2 hours) but let me say that officially excluding our brothers from the inception is not the ideal way to go about it. Even if we think they believe they're easterners at heart we should still make it official in our name. I like what you said about not making this convo a jiffy thing. We're not in a haste so let that be settled in all minds. We will deliberate on the name and other things untill we get an all inclusive name that bears our true intentions - which are: equality, justice, good governance, cohesiveness and oneness of Igbo people, maintaning the relationship and friendship between Igbos and her Eastern brothers, pursuance of peace and alliance with other SS states that were formally in Midwest, pursuance of peace and alliance with states in MB, Readiness to work with SW if need be, unflinching belief in the survival of all ethnic groups in Nigeria no matter how tiny they are, respect for evolution of old ethnic groups and emergence of new ones - any group of persons that say they're now new ethnic group must be respected as equal, belief in resource control - resources belong to those living or existing on the land under which the resources are found, Zero interest in arms race or confrontation as we're peaceful and will always remain so, belief that no ethnic group no matter how strong should ply the route of pushing out another (smaller group) off their ancestral land under any guise, belief in scholarships and education, belief in improvement of old and building of new infrastructures, belief in the supremacy of law of the land, and most importantly, belief in a true One Nigeria or No Nigeria.

This convo is not a platform for any attack on anyone. ndu_chuks is welcome, lets respect his imputs. Ogugua88 is a beloved sister and I'm following her imputs. PointB is a superb organizer, Afam4eva the extraodinaire, OnlyTruth our able leader with unmatchable zeal and wit for maneuvering, politicking, and management of naturally republican brethren - I see you took a page from Ikemba. My other brothers - achi4u, noiseless, beneli, emanuelle, and the list goes on - you're all doing great. Please, please - let nobody attack anyone irrespective of views. Even if someone disparages the entire process including our race, lets remain calm and not respond else we derail and destroy our own thing.

God bless.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by joeyfire(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
She's really an akwa nwa, okuko igbo!

noiseless: This "OGUGUO88" is simply not who he/she is claiming to be, we have seen this sort of character before, his/her mission on here is only to stop any progress being made and anyone who cares should check her arguments on boko haram or any attacks on none muslims, which indicates questionable and iresponsible comments all over. Just because this character has choosen "OGUGUO" as his/her id should not give her the right to always use one excuse or the other to always disrupt this noble course. I hereby advise this "OGUGUO88" that it will be in his/her best interest to jump off to his/her boko haram friendly thread because he/she is fake. EKWU GO KWAM KA OHAM NA ONU!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by joeyfire(m): 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
Beautiful thread. The elephant is a powerful, beloved and gentle force of nature

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by achi4u(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
Ekele m unu umuigbo.

Eze Onlytruth,

I so much like the way you coined that name(Eastern Nigeria Youth Initiative__ENYI) makes alot of sence.

I also like the logo of that phoenix but the colours is too weired with red__ I wish greenish colour should be mixed or added to it to look more adorable.

Any distractions from outsiders should be ingnored in order to move forward.

Our brothers across the niger (SS) should atleast be giving a fair hearing but not now,ka anyi buru uzo zota ala tupu anyi azoba ute.

ekele o!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Friendly Advise:

In civilized societies, you'd first set up committees made up of the best qualified among you, based on their pertinent skills, to come up with proposals, which would then be discussed among the whole group.

You people may want to consider doing that. Throwing issues out on the table without focus will only invite chaos. Its time we come out of the bush and do things right.

One is not surprised at this method considering the fact that Onlytruth and PointB are the leaders of this group - these are the worst of you NLers. Where are the likes of Odumchi, violent, Eziachi, Dede1 and other qualified people? PointB is a known dullard on the forum. Dalu o.

what other committee are you talking about when we have the eze ndigbo council?
poor education is a big disease

@topic great job guys!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
i suggest we focus on igbo land first, fix our land first
then we can decide what next
charity begins at home
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
We all love the symbol - elephant. Elephant symbolizes strength, toughness, ruggedness, daring, etc. On the flip side it also demonstrates carefreeness and insensitivity to the grass and other tiny animals around it. It tramples on anything and everything.

The Igbo I know is strong, hardworking, and courageous as well as wise and kind. We need a symbol that has strength in it, hardwork in it, knowledge seeking and God-fearing in it too (God-fearing can equate to kindness and love for our fellow man).

Now look at it this way. Boko Haram uses the symbol - AK47, and preaches violence, destruction, and disregard for education. They're knowledge roll-backers bent on taking their people back to 5th century. If we use elephant, which symbolizes only strength, without adding emphasis on love for education and hardwork that our people are known for, how then are we different from "born to rules" that only talk about power and violence with zero emphasis on personal responsibility and sensitivity to the "minorities" in their zone.

Its my humble opinion that we put together - a pen or book (knowledge), palm tree or any other thing that can best symbolize hardwork, maybe a handshake - It shows our willingness to embrace and work with friends and allies. Also lets add to it a symbol that shows we stand together - we rise and fall as a people, never shall we abandon our own even at the point of complete extermination - we will stand firm and together.

Brothers and sisters, we've always represented as well as shown we're anti-born to rule and the evil it represents. Let us continue to represent that both in our symbols and actions.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
^
you mean sometime like this

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
Guys open it, its in MSword. I just got some images from google and put them together. Book stands for knowledge, palm for hardwork, handshake for friendship and alliance, people stand for togetherness.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
Well lets just say we need something that will not make us look like some sort of monster that could scare our neighbours/friends away, but i still think that even though our Asaba and co brothers may view themselves as easterners, but we should not ignore the fact that they are in the SS so lets look for a suitable name that will apeal to all,it will also show them that we are only seeking a way to better the life of everyone of us and not trying to have all the say on issues, and these areas could be where our fathers didn't work very hard while naively thinking that others would just understand.
Sam_Ikenna: We all love the symbol - elephant. Elephant symbolizes strength, toughness, ruggedness, daring, etc. On the flip side it also demonstrates carefreeness and insensitivity to the grass and other tiny animals around it. It tramples on anything and everything.

The Igbo I know is strong, hardworking, and courageous as well as wise and kind. We need a symbol that has strength in it, hardwork in it, knowledge seeking and God-fearing in it too (God-fearing can equate to kindness and love for our fellow man).

Now look at it this way. Boko Haram uses the symbol - AK47, and preaches violence, destruction, and disregard for education. They're knowledge roll-backers bent on taking their people back to 5th century. If we use elephant, which symbolizes only strength, without adding emphasis on love for education and hardwork that our people are known for, how then are we different from "born to rules" that only talk about power and violence with zero emphasis on personal responsibility and sensitivity to the "minorities" in their zone.

Its my humble opinion that we put together - a pen or book (knowledge), palm tree or any other thing that can best symbolize hardwork, maybe a handshake - It shows our willingness to embrace and work with friends and allies. Also lets add to it a symbol that shows we stand together - we rise and fall as a people, never shall we abandon our own even at the point of complete extermination - we will stand firm and together.

Brothers and sisters, we've always represented as well as shown we're anti-born to rule and the evil it represents. Let us continue to represent that both in our symbols and actions.
Well lets just say we need something that will not make us look like some sort of monster that could scare our neighbours/friends away, but i still think that even though our Asaba and co brothers may view themselves as easterners, but we should not ignore the fact that they are in the SS so lets look for a suitable name that will apeal to all,it will also show them that we are only seeking a way to better the life of everyone of us and not trying to have all the say on issues, and these areas could be where our fathers didn't work very hard while naively thinking that others would just understand.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ebere1712: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2012
Let me first of all say that I'm very excited about this and really, really hope we pull this off. This could be the begining of a great thing. I will help in whatever way I can (so far as the organisation remains sane). For the logo, I will suggest the two locked horns beside a really tall iroko tree. I can help in logo creation if it is needed. I can help in a whole other things. Lets just wait and see how it goes.
My simple suggestions

1) If this is an Igbo organisation, it must have an igbo name (complete igbo, no association or union)
2) The phoenix is very offensive to me because it is not seen anywhere in igbo land and has no bearing in this discussion at all
3) We have to start looking inwards; whilst borrowing and transliterating other things that could be of gud to our society
4) I vehemently reject the suggestion that we have to base our union on "it's friendliness to our supposed allies" (Allies that betrayed us in the past. This is an affront to our mothers and fathers that fought for our present freedoms)
5) I also vehemently reject the suggestion that we should pursue this with igbos, who have in the past claimed not to be igbos. Instead we should make a provision for them to reclaim there igboness and come back to their father's land(figuratively)
7) Leaders elected in this position, should never be seen to have any political alliance and should never be seen to benefit a dime from their positions. It should be 100% voluntary.
cool Avoid those trying to make this into a Nigerian endeavour, avoid them like leprosy, they hate you. Nothing in Nigeria has ever worked, nothing will ever work in the present design.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ebere1712: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2012
Suggestion for name of organisation
Umunna.
Oganiru ndi igbo (oni)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by SamIkenna: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2012
ebere1712: Suggestion for name of organisation
Umunna.
Oganiru ndi igbo (oni)

This name is very appealing, I like it.

ebere1712: Let me first of all say that I'm very excited about this and really, really hope we pull this off. This could be the begining of a great thing. I will help in whatever way I can (so far as the organisation remains sane). For the logo, I will suggest the two locked horns beside a really tall iroko tree. I can help in logo creation if it is needed. I can help in a whole other things. Lets just wait and see how it goes.
My simple suggestions

1) If this is an Igbo organisation, it must have an igbo name (complete igbo, no association or union)
2) The phoenix is very offensive to me because it is not seen anywhere in igbo land and has no bearing in this discussion at all
3) We have to start looking inwards; whilst borrowing and transliterating other things that could be of gud to our society
[b]4) I vehemently reject the suggestion that we have to base our union on "it's friendliness to our supposed allies" (Allies that betrayed us in the past. This is an affront to our mothers and fathers that fought for our present freedoms)
5) I also vehemently reject the suggestion that we should pursue this with igbos, who have in the past claimed not to be igbos. Instead we should make a provision for them to reclaim there igboness and come back to their father's land(figuratively)
[/b]7) Leaders elected in this position, should never be seen to have any political alliance and should never be seen to benefit a dime from their positions. It should be 100% voluntary.
cool Avoid those trying to make this into a Nigerian endeavour, avoid them like leprosy, they hate you. Nothing in Nigeria has ever worked, nothing will ever work in the present design.

Also the two locked horns by an Iroko tree is very nice and I must say its very very Igbo. Iroko has a wonderful place in Igboland, its like the gentle giant of all nature.

Now to your #4 and 5 - I'm not sure I'll buy into it. Nigerian civil war is physically over and we must not carry the physical war into this century. My brothers, no man is an island unto himself. lets understand there is a reason those people you're refering to abandoned us in the first place. I dont want to go into what happened or didnt happen during the war 'cause that'll derail the thread, but to simply say we will not care about how we're percieved, that we'll just zoom and ram everything our way - bro that'll limit our success. There is no doubt the organization must be Igbo oriented but at the same time we must stretch out an arm for all our natural friends and brothers - its not weakness. Even USA woos her bitter enemies so lets take a page from tested and trusted MO.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:32am On Jun 30, 2012
ebere1712: Let me first of all say that I'm very excited about this and really, really hope we pull this off. This could be the begining of a great thing. I will help in whatever way I can (so far as the organisation remains sane). For the logo, I will suggest the two locked horns beside a really tall iroko tree. I can help in logo creation if it is needed. I can help in a whole other things. Lets just wait and see how it goes.

My brother you are welcome to join the movement. If you have talent, we need you. Please note that we will not beg you (or anybody) to join us, just like it is not wise for a man to beg his brother-in-law or trying to woe his approval on trivial things.
If this movement bears fruit, ALL of us will reap it. Nobody will claim any special role or place. That is the spirit behind this movement. If you feel passionate enough to join us, please send me an email or join the newsletter website.
Thanks in advance! cool

My simple suggestions

I agree

I strongly agree! cool

4) I vehemently reject the suggestion that we have to base our union on "it's friendliness to our supposed allies" (Allies that betrayed us in the past. This is an affront to our mothers and fathers that fought for our present freedoms)

Let me just say this.
It is not in the interest of Ndigbo to kowtow to anybody in Nigeria. Period. I personally don't think it is wise to begin our movement by tiptoeing around folks who may not even care about us. That we are pursuing our survival does not mean that we are trampling upon anybody. We have our values which I believe is a very good one based on the following: Hardwork, repudiation of evil, peaceful nature,courage, pursuit of excellence, egalitarianism, love for once's family and community, and fear of God. Anybody familiar with Nigeria's movie industry popularly called Nollywood would attest to the fact that these are the predominant value systems there and these propel the industry to world wide acclaim. So we are very proud to be Igbo. cool
The history of Nigeria has not been very kind to us because of our civil war loss, so some of our neighbors are still caught up in that. I agree that we should mind our business and focus on ourselves for now. When we have our international airports at Enugu and Owerri, and when we develop Igboland, nobody will tell anybody to work with us.
We bear no ill will against anybody as our brother Sam_Ikenna emphasized. We are not going to overstate that though, lest it becomes misunderstood. Human beings are very funny.
So, lets get those international airports at Enugu and Owerri and maybe even Onitsha or Asaba. The rest will take shape. cool

I STRONGLY agree. As far as we are concerned, if you say you are Igbo, you are Igbo. If you say you are not, then you are not. Simple and short.

7) Leaders elected in this position, should never be seen to have any political alliance and should never be seen to benefit a dime from their positions. It should be 100% voluntary.

We can have political opinions but we should not push them so hard on others, except when it is clear that the political position will benefit Ndigbo the most.
The bolded is precisely the CORE IDEA behind this movement. We have ZERO tolerance for self. It is a collectivist movement. That is part of why we move very slowly. If you have followed this thread from the beginning, you would see that I gave an example of a chainsaw. Each of us is a tooth in the chain. The engine is universal truth and justice.

cool [b]Avoid those trying to make this into a Nigerian endeavour, [/b]avoid them like leprosy, they hate you. Nothing in Nigeria has ever worked, nothing will ever work in the present design.

We are still in Nigeria. We MUST operate within a Nigerian setting at least until the country ceases to exist. If we successfully develop Igboland, we may find out that secession is not necessary. If all of us work as hard as is needed, I bet you that all political thieves in Igboland will be out of jobs by 2015. Our journey becomes a downhill journey afterwards.

We are youths and we are the enforcing arm of society. Let's get this done! cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:56am On Jun 30, 2012
Brother Sam_Ikenna,

I put together your logo into one element.
How does it look?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Celebrates Wife, Precious Chikwendu's Birthday (Photos) / Aliyu Orders His Deputy To Leave Executive Meeting For Calling Him A Thief / Osinbajo Appoints Chairman, Members For Code Of Conduct Bureau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.