Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help (13131 Views)

INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections / 18 RECs To Be Used For Ondo Governorship Election – Jega / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by dayokanu(m): 3:45am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: Maybe I'm wrong, I thought winning implied getting more votes than your opponent. What is GEJ going to do for him - cast one vote? He should seek for his people's support rather than Abuja connection. I dont know much about Mimiko but both his name and his party sounds kind of nice to me and if I were to choose between Tinubu and Mimiko I'll go for the younger and more vibrant Mimiko. However, this his recent race to Abuja makes me feel like maybe hes not doing enough in Ondo to secure a second term.

Tinubu is not contesting in Ondo state
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by SamIkenna: 3:52am On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Tinubu is not contesting in Ondo state

Well, I dont know what hes afraid of then. I'm not very famliar with whats on ground in Ondo but the little I heard of Mimiko was not bad so I dont know why he should run to Abuja. I think if he sells himself to the electorate he stands a chance of winning. There is a big chance Ondo people 'll see him as the underdog and rescue him, but this race to Abuja - I doubt it'll do him any good.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by dayokanu(m): 3:54am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Well, I dont know what hes afraid of then. I'm not very famliar with whats on ground in Ondo but the little I heard of Mimiko was not bad so I dont know why he should run to Abuja. I think if he sells himself to the electorate he stands a chance of winning. There is a big chance Ondo people 'll see him as the underdog and rescue him, but this race to Abuja - I doubt it'll do him any good.

Reason is other SW states are under ACN leadership leaving only Ondo and he feels he might be consumed by the ACN tide.

So he feels he has to get "protection" or endorsement from Abuja to save him from the impending loss

But where I feel he is getting it wrong is that most SWesterners had a raw deal from the PDP and associating with the PDP might not be the best option for him
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by SamIkenna: 3:56am On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Reason is other SW states are under ACN leadership leaving only Ondo and he feels he might be consumed by the ACN tide.

So he feels he has to get "protection" or endorsement from Abuja to save him from the impending loss

But where I feel he is getting it wrong is that most SWesterners had a raw deal from the PDP and associating with the PDP might not be the best option for him

Do you think hes going to lose?
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by SamIkenna: 4:01am On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

But hes had about 3 yrs or so to prepare for this day. The only way to push back is by working for the people. Its not like theres some thing special in ACN, PDP, or whatever. What people want is delivery of democracy dividend, if he failed to do it in the last 3yrs then hes a toast with or without Abuja.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Nobody: 4:35am On May 12, 2012
The real issue is the fear of what LP represents for the future.

Both ACN and Mimiko's LP are aware that PDP is dead in South West. But as exemplary performance of Mimiko has shown, if these ACN governors fall short of expectation, LP is and becomes the alternative. If Mimiko is such a bad governor as ACN is portraying him now, why were they courting him to crossover? Or why would he not just crossover to ACN to have an easy electoral victory since ACN by the way is the main opposition? There is a prize that is greater than just winning an election.

The only way ACN can win that election is by using the same model that was used for Fayose in Ekiti. Fayose was immensely popular but still lost the senatorial election.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by EEkeson: 7:38am On May 12, 2012
cheesy miimoiko shud step down cos he has notin 2 offer 2 his peppl
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by femoint007(m): 8:17am On May 12, 2012
olempe:

You just took the words from my mouth. I live in Ondo State capital and I follow the trend. SMH for Gov. Mimiko...
undecided[quote author=olempe]

Mimiko shud 4get abt his second term ambition,beside,he's an apostle of one term,we al knw dat
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Do you think hes going to lose?
politics in ondo isnt strictly based on what a governor has done.there is still always the issue of "he should have done more since ondo is an oil producing state and gets more money than even lagos".mimiko made the mistake of playing power games
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Delafruita(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2012
EEkeson: cheesy miimoiko shud step down cos he has notin 2 offer 2 his peppl
i was in ondo for 18months and i can say for certain that mimiko made a big difference in ondo state.its a diff issue if you decide to measure his achievements in terms of allocation.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by olajide8(m): 10:44am On May 12, 2012
molet: I will want the great people of ondo state to think wisely. They should not join acn becos other west are acn. Becos I won't like them to fall under's authority. I feel mimiko is very strong and a known mimiko is better than an unknown tinubu. It is only Lagos that I know is working other sw state are just using the name. Even the Lagos itself is being run by tinubu becos he owns everything. I have always known ondo state for doing their own thing which pays them. When ondo was a pdp state obasanjo and agagu exploited us( sharing ondo state boundary for ogun state; olokola). This time tinubu will claim all Water ways in ondo state all in the name of ondo state. Ondo people shine your eye well well once una don vote na till after 4 years oooooo. No let outsider come Dey teach una Wetin to do
Just reading this statement shows your a fraud without trying to be overtly rude mimko isn't a progressive his more a PDP material the SW is moving imagine the metroline project running through the SW to edo state imagine Ondo state and lagos state powering the south west imagine the amount of industries imagine our level of education and you are trying desperately to hold progressives down other ACN. States are integrating their urban cities mimko is busy building clinics and town halls the road to prosperity of the SW has been drawn and the heart of that development lies Ondo state and this we can not leave behind LP must go
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by molet: 11:12am On May 12, 2012
Just reading this statement shows your a fraud without trying to be overtly rude mimko isn't a progressive his more a PDP material the SW is moving imagine the metroline project running through the SW to edo state imagine Ondo state and lagos state powering the south west imagine the amount of industries imagine our level of education and you are trying desperately to hold progressives down other ACN. States are integrating their urban cities mimko is busy building clinics and town halls the road to prosperity of the SW has been drawn and the heart of that development lies Ondo state and this we can not leave behind LP must go @ olajide; you are calling me a fraud becos i express myself. Thank you. But I think the clinics mimiko is building will be of more help to u right now than the interlinked railway becos u are sick for using that statement ( fraud)
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by molet: 11:17am On May 12, 2012
@ olajide; you are calling me a fraud becos i express myself. Thank you. But I think the clinics mimiko is building will be of more help to u right now than the interlinked railway becos u are sick for using that statement ( fraud)
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Nobody: 11:35am On May 12, 2012
Paul John: ACN, democracy for justice. Never Knew they can go as far as this.

we are going to capture everywhere. . . . .Btw,what kind of help will jonathan offer him cuz if he rigs for Iroko,salami will show them that he has been re-incarnated. cheesy
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Maxymilliano(m): 2:41pm On May 12, 2012
This is a mere propaganda. None of the ACN candidates can outwit or outsmart Mimiko in the coming guber election. ACN can only win election in Ondo State on the pages of newspaper.

Apart from Lagos and Edo State, other ACN governors are still groping in the dark on what to do with their mandates, they are not different from their mediocre PDP counterparts but with the exception of Rotimi Amechi, Sullivan Chime and Godswil Akpabio.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by OLADIMEHJI(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2012
I do believe dat most ppl on ds page r either A C N sympathizers or r unable to read along d lines. frm d wryt-up u l c dat d wryter is someaw bias cos aw can u purposely b usin mister 4 a sittin goernor n president but revered mr. tinubu! my own point is dat apart 4rm ds premiumtimes paper wic u hardly find ppl read ,wic oda most read paper carries it? A C N in Ondo state is a party knwn 4 propaganda, its not new. d wryta of ds piece is jst busy tanishin Gov. Mimiko all tru. mine is dat his excellency president jonathan v not been able 2 save his head, cos he has failed 2 impress we d electorates so y shld my state amiable gov. b seekin his hlp. all I knw is dat all ds r simple propaganda n I trust my govy he is too wise 2 attend to ds bull crap. cum oct. 20 ds yr u l all b invited 4 d celebration. Ondo state is a place of pride. lets each state develop @ its own pace we r tired of all ds ur integration brouhaha, its so clear to us dat u r jst usin it to win cheap popularity. n anoda qsn, y did dey failed to integrate us wen it was solely AD rulin d whole of south-west? but dey wanted to use d integration deception to win Ondo state @ all cost, God almighty won't grant ur hrt desire on ds. shalom
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On May 12, 2012
Maxymilliano: This is a mere propaganda. None of the ACN candidates can outwit or outsmart Mimiko in the coming guber election. ACN can only win election in Ondo State on the pages of newspaper.

Apart from Lagos and Edo State, other ACN governors are still groping in the dark on what to do with their mandates, they are not different from their mediocre PDP counterparts but with the exception of Rotimi Amechi, Sullivan Chime and Godswil Akpabio.

How many years has Amaechi, Chime and Akpabio ruled for? How much is the allocation of Amaechi and Akapabio

Now tell if you know any ACN governor who has spent the same time those 3 have spent or who gets as much allocation as Akpabio and Amaechi
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by wengerjay(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2012
My submission;this is a pro-ACN forum.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by jonnex: 8:16pm On May 12, 2012
Pls look b4 u leap, oct 20 is @ hand.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by olajide8(m): 5:26am On May 13, 2012
molet: @ olajide; you are calling me a fraud becos i express myself. Thank you. But I think the clinics mimiko is building will be of more help to u right now than the interlinked railway becos u are sick for using that statement ( fraud)
I am not saying your a fraud for expressing your point of view, but for not portraying the yoruba"ness" in you, have you seen the south west road map? what exactly is your definition of development, a clinic is more or less the right of people in any locality and they are like police outposts, halls for gathering meetings add no economic value to the society just money to continue to maintain them, from the meagre allowances of the local government, their is poverty in the land and enterprise need to be developed, I have said vote for me come 2017, I would establish agricultural boards/price regulation and bulk purchase boards I would tarr at least 4 major roads in each local government build 5 general hospitals build 2 standard schools in each local government, bring into Ondo state and nigeria a pharmaceutical manufacturing company, and provide my own independent power plant to support the industrial area where strictly processing of items such as kolanut, cocoa, and tomatoes would be done, invest in manufacturing service support by establishing a plant, revamp the old oluwa glass and provide one of the best transport systems for moving their finished products out of the state, convert all the town halls built by mimko into self sustaining sports centres managed by the local governments, and all of this I can do with N25-30billion, provide at least 5000 studio houses and standard houses at our beach fronts build a metroline from mehien ilaje to transport people to igbokoda, in conjunction with the people of Ondo state and then dream of a big project in conjunction with other S.W governors with an intent of allow people to sleep in Ondo in the evening and work in lagos in the morning the express train that's development look at what you have think of how to raise more funds IGR and do these projects simple.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by olugbemi4u: 7:58am On May 14, 2012
With the level of advoture of political elite in the ondo state ACN and hatred PDP has for IROKO in the state he should not bother to contest or appraoch GEJ for help, because all the evil mimiko has done will turn against him.Jonathan can not help or use him to revamp PDP image in Ondo State he would rather destroy it the more.Jonathan dont be deceived that MIMIKO influenced unflinching supports given to you during the 2011 election, people willing voted for you because of the slogan''i have not shoes'' meaning you will give them shoes.it was never influence of mimikoooooooo.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by DICKtator: 1:24pm On May 14, 2012
Did Mimiko reject ds integration idea? All I thot he said was dt ds cld still be achievable without bin in acn.mefink dt tinubu n his cohorts just want to drain ondo's a/c because d state is d oil producing n he is nw hiding under the guise of regional integration. We need to say no to Godfatherism politics
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Elmos: 1:50pm On May 14, 2012
The truth is MIMIKO is not a young man he is in HIS late 50s and TINUMBU just clock 60, so we can not say he is far younger. Nevertheless, TINUMBU is not contesting and election in Ondo State, he is just one of the leaders at the national LEVEL in ACN, neither MIMIKO nor the yet to be ACN candidate, will will election on the pages of newapaper but with the electorates, and if truly, MIMIKO has gone to Abuja to seek the help of ASO ROCK occupant to win an election, then it leaves much to be desire.It shows he is out to RIG and HE need Federal Might to it efficiently, without that there is nothing ASO rock could do for him.All you watched out and see that ONE MAN ONE VOTE is not just a slang but a reality in the OCTOBER 20 Gubernatorial election in Ondo State. God Bless Nigeria and God Bless Ondo the state that KNOWS her right.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by tosynawesome(m): 11:41am On Jun 02, 2012
M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ broda, U̶̲̥̅̊ ve spoken well, I'm from ondo state i just want U̶̲̥̅̊ to know dat dis is just a mere propaganda. Mimiko has bin doing a wonderful job ever since he assumed Τ̣̣ђё mantle of leadership. No ACN governor van withstand him in terms of achievements.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by olajide8(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
tosynawesome: M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ broda, U̶̲̥̅̊ ve spoken well, I'm from ondo state i just want U̶̲̥̅̊ to know dat dis is just a mere propaganda. Mimiko has bin doing a wonderful job ever since he assumed Τ̣̣ђё mantle of leadership. No ACN governor van withstand him in terms of achievements.
Let's put one their first and see, at least some states have tried the two, if someone like the proposed CPC candidate, Ehinlanwo can also come out to want to contest, when they should be saving their face then their is a big issue, rather then dynamic younger person's www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/ondo-guber-poll-ehinlanwo-declares-interest/
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by ebosed: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Whoever concoted these lies thinks all Nigerians are idiots, we are not that forgetful as we can still recall what transpired 5 years ago during the last election in Ondo State.

As build up to the Election, Dr. Mimiko was a minion but has grassroot support, his supporters agitated for primaries in PDP b
ut the powers that be said No!

As an appointee of President Obasanjo, his principal a brutal ex-General roared and dare him to keep mute.

In the ACN, things were fast turning out, as usual with the party, their popular and winning aspirant, Dr. Tunji Ajayi, a well known Lawyer and Human Rights activists was rigged out for one Prince Ademola Adegoroye, events however revealed that Gov. Agagu and PDP sponsored Adegoroye to run in ACN.

When Mimiko eventually declared interest to contest against his leaders, hell was let loose, he was called names, President Obasanjo came to Akure with all his presidential effects to declared that EFCC must arrest Mimiko.

But at the end of it all Dr. Mimiko won overwhelmingly but a fake result was announced in Abuja instead of Akure, his mandate was however restored by the Court.

Now the issue is, in the last guber election Akure, Mimiko fought against brutal powers and principalities he won despite the facts that he was then a fingerlings, ACN fully mobilised against him and he thriumph, as a Governor now with the numerous testimonies of his orange revolution he will win without comphromising?

Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not a god and should stop behaving as one, is he one of the judge that sat on Mimiko's petitio?, if he is such powerful why cant he reenacted the same feat in Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Akwa Ibom, Adamawa etc.

Mimiko's victory then is reflection of the peoples will as can be seen in Osun, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti. Same will be reenacted as Mimiko is working for the people unlike AcN that has turned to a ''one chance bus'' where deceptions and anti-people policies is the order of the day.

Mimiko re-election will once again be the testimony that power belong to the people.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by Euroclydon(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
as a Big brother.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
papatosibe:

Your days on NL are numbered.

And who is this chiwawa dog without dog tag?
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by mankevo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
With what i observed in his Wednesday declaration vis-a-vis "purchase of dignitaries" to attend his rally (as manifested by whittered crowd at the end of the rally) I can conclude that he needs the Abuja MAGIC to return to Alagbaka Houz.

Well, the onus lies with Ondo people October 20th.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help by EkoIle1: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
The most important thing for mimikoes or whatever the hell they call him is to start packing his mattress and Ghana must go for quick exist out of the SW and head straight to his paymasters in abuja...

The SW is one and indivisible. I can't believe with all the money at his disposal, na 3 leged kekenapep ambulance the slowpoke go buy for his own people. Talk about PDP ways and behavior. Bushman oshi buruku..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures of demolition of buildings at Sagamu due to road construction / Boko Haram Terrorists Disguising As Mad Men And Women - Army Raises Alarm / Senate Kicks As Petroleum Ministry Spends ₦98.4 Million On Flyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.