Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

[Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States (8497 Views)

Ijaw Deserves 1 Or 2 More States / Ndigbo Demand 2 More States In The South-East / We Are Creating More States - Ekweremadu (Senate VP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 8:15am On May 14, 2012
Niger Delta demands 14 more states

People of the Niger Delta region have filed demands for the creation of 14 additional states to the National Assembly, documents obtained by Daily Trust show.
In all, demands for a total of 46 new states have been taken to the National Assembly, which is getting set to begin a fresh constitution review process.

The new states being sought to be created out of the existing nine Niger Delta states are Ahoada from the present Rivers State, Toru-Ebe (from Delta/Edo/Ondo), Ogoja (from Cross River), Urhobo (from Delta), Minji-Se (from Rivers), Ado (from Delta), Bori (from Rivers), Anioma (from Delta), Oil Rivers (from Akwa Ibom/Rivers), Warri (from Delta), New Delta (from Delta) Ethiope (from Delta) and Orimile (from Delta/Anambra/Imo). grin

There is also a request for the creation of Confluence State out of the present Kogi, Nasarawa and Edo states, the document showed.

From the North-East, there are requests for three additional states: Katagum (out of Bauchi), Amana (out of Adamawa) and New Borno (out of Borno).

North-West is demanding five states of Karaduwa (from Katsina), Gurara (from Kaduna), New Kaduna (from Kaduna), as well as Tiga and Ghari (from Kano).

Requests from North-Central are for the creation of six states: Apa (Benue), Kainji (Niger), Edu (Niger/Kwara), Okura (Kogi), Borgu (Niger) and Okun (Kogi/Ekiti/Kwara/Ondo).

Ten requests from South-West are for the creation of Lagoon (Lagos), New Oyo (Oyo), Remo-Ijebu (Ogun), Ijesha (Osun), Oduduwa (Osun), Oluwa (Ondo) Ijebu (Ogun), Ibadan (Oyo), Yewa (Ogun) and Ose (Ondo).

South-East is pushing for seven states, namely Aba (Abia), Adada (Enugu), Njaba (Imo), Orashi (Imo/Anambra), Ugwuaku (Imo/Abia/Anambra/Enugu), Etiti (Imo/Abia/Anambra) and Equity (Abia/Anambra/Enugu/Imo/Ebonyi).

A member of the Senate Constitution Review Committee and chairman of the committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang (PDP, Akwa Ibom), said though senators were motivating their constituents to agitate for more states, no senator had sponsored a bill or moved a motion on the issue.

State creation is on the agenda of constitution review announced by the Senate recently.
Source
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 8:21am On May 14, 2012
So about 42 new states in total. ROTFLMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fcukked up clogged toilet called Nigeria, being "fixed" by an inexperienced plumber (GE retardedum J).

3 Likes

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Onlytruth(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2012
cheesy cheesy grin
Una go wound pesin for hia.
Make I kuku go agitate for Onlytruth state. cool

2 Likes

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by PhysicsQED(m): 8:47am On May 14, 2012
I'm not gonna lie, this is kind of hilarious.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by nedu210(m): 8:47am On May 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 9:03am On May 14, 2012
Make una dey there dey laugh. If we succeed in our proposal for a state via 4 LGs in Akwa Ibom shocked that will automatically translate to more choppings grin also, revenue will not be a problem as we get oil cool and we plenty small grin
Abeg, onlytruth continue in your agitation for your personal onlytruth state which will be located in your abode in obodo oyibo lipsrsealed
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Ejine(m): 9:46am On May 14, 2012
From the way things are going, I can't wait for "52 Iweka Road State"

3 Likes

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by hakanai(m): 9:56am On May 14, 2012
For me the request on states shows you basically the level of division/marginalization in the Nigerian state.The more the request,the more it strikes you to know some minority is not particularly happy about the power players in his state.Also the more the state request,the more problems looming unattended too.In most cases this is applicable. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 14, 2012
haka_nai: For me the request on states shows you basically the level of division/marginalization in the Nigerian state.The more the request,the more it strikes you to know some minority is not particularly happy about the power players in his state.Also the more the state request,the more problems looming unattended too.In most cases this is applicable. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Your post covers all the bases.

1 Like

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On May 14, 2012
Very soon every local government will become a state. Everybody just wants to r*ape this country with their selfish desires.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 14, 2012
So they demand more avenues in which to demand more money to thief....

They should go and sleep.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Bontee: 8:08pm On May 14, 2012
Hope this is a joke sha? shocked
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Abagworo(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2012
They are all stupid people.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 14, 2012
Pray tell, what kind of name is "Equity State"?
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Mynd44: 9:55pm On May 14, 2012
My father's compound deserves to be a state too nah. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by manny4life(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2012
This is the best joke I've heard on NL in a minute ... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is it not the same states that are doing terribly poor?

Their finances are awful, most are crippled with huge debt?

While we're talking about consolidating the states we have, this mofos are expanding.

SHAME ON ALL NIGERIAN LAWMAKERS, just for the mere fact of considering this act of foo/lishness
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by miteolu(m): 11:30am On May 15, 2012
That is streets become Local Governments. They are not serious.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Kk4(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2012
Equity state? Igbo can westernize sha

1 Like

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by grafikii: 11:44am On May 15, 2012
They should request for their own continent

1 Like

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by MmuoOkija: 11:44am On May 15, 2012
All on top this oil money abi!!

I dey laff!!

The end of Nigeria seems to be at hand.. Either that or the long awaited revolution!
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by lacasa: 11:44am On May 15, 2012
Mtcheeeeuu

No be oonly State. Na continent remain.

Ewu, ole, Barawo
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Silva79(f): 11:50am On May 15, 2012
After we successfully mismanaged 36,how can we add more states? Dis pple r pushing us 2 d wall!!! I can smell a revolution
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by daywatcher: 11:51am On May 15, 2012
at least my governorship aspirations will be increased, i think. This has to be a joke.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by yemmight(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2012
I am surprised at all somebody has requested for Ojukwu State before. Instead of proposing how to merge state we are creating more.

1 Like

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Nobody: 11:56am On May 15, 2012
M A D N E S S!!!!
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by Dlily: 11:57am On May 15, 2012
aaaa?
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by jason123: 12:01pm On May 15, 2012
Merge the following states

Lagos and Ogun
Ekiti and Ondo

Ebonyi and Enugu

Bayelsa and Rivers
Edo and Delta

Most if the Northern states

2 Likes

Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by VEE2010(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2012
This is hilarious! It goes to show the level of deceit the exist in every statement made by most politicians. It's an indication that, the concept of "one Nigeria" only exist on paper and not in Minds of many Nigerians. How they thought of creating state from every household? Na wao! If this' considered, we'll enter Guinness book of record as a country with too many states without a divisive actions. All the best, Nigerians...
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2012
This is what happens when educated intellectuals allow retards to run the business of governance while they in turn deal with area-boys, boko-haram and bad roads. the more the merrier - FBC (fckingbloodycountry)
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by sandiyke(f): 12:05pm On May 15, 2012
Oops! which means my dream of becomin a governor is still alive. Senate fire on.
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by sylve11: 12:13pm On May 15, 2012
jason123: Merge the following states

Lagos and Ogun
Ekiti and Ondo

Ebonyi and Enugu

Bayelsa and Rivers
Edo and Delta

Most if the Northern states

i agree with u. cool cool
Re: [Statism] Niger Delta Demands 14 More States by knight351(m): 12:17pm On May 15, 2012
lol...lagoon 4rm lagos state...lol reminds me of venice in italy, there will b no nid 4 road project, d governor wuld just invest on purchasing water going vessels...*sick nation*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NTA Reporter Olubunmi Oke Kidnapped In Ondo / Dickson Says November Election Is About Ijaw Nation / GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.