Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake (2028 Views)

Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus / Why Ladies Wear White Gown On Wedding Day / Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 9:05am On May 15, 2012
I got this true life story on radio.

How can a man and his fiancee forget to check on the person whom they handed over the responsibility of cooking the food and making the cake?

It's the day of the wedding and no food was prepared and no wedding cake. They decided to buy ready made food from somewhere and a dummy wedding cake was used.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 9:29am On May 15, 2012
jmoore: I got this true life story on radio.

How can a man and his fiancee forget to check on the person whom they handed over the responsibility of cooking the food and making the cake?

It's the day of the wedding and no food was prepared and no wedding cake. They decided to buy ready made food from somewhere and a dummy wedding cake was used.

is ready made food, NOT food? is a dummy cake not a cake? all the extravagance in marriage is just the cherry on the cake, the focus on the day should be THE UNION.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

is ready made food, NOT food? is a dummy cake not a cake? all the extravagance in marriage is just the cherry on the cake, the focus on the day should be THE UNION.

Can you eat a dummy cake??

If they did not invite any guests then they need not worry about the food and cake.
This post is about how people fail to plan, you are missing the point. It is like forgetting to get your wedding dress ready.

1 Like

Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by ifyalways(f): 10:06am On May 15, 2012
God works in mysterious ways.They've just saved somemoney that would be alot more beneficial than feeding people who won't come to their aid if the marriage hits a financial crisis.
Failure to plan or not,they should quickly go for their refund and invest in more productive things.wedding has come and gone,marriage is the 411.
Jmoore,mei sere.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2012
ifyalways:
Jmoore,mei sere.

I be Igbo oh! I think mei sere is a greeting. Good day to you too
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 10:27am On May 15, 2012
@OP
the issues is: did they get married or not? even the wedding dress is NOT a necessity. the whole issues is about getting married, nothing else should matter.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 10:34am On May 15, 2012
@MRbrownJAY, what happened to a sense of humour?
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 10:39am On May 15, 2012
jmoore: @MRbrownJAY, what happened to a sense of humour?

my bad...... but i was more thinking of how some Nigerians are ready to kill themselves for a wedding. even going into debts to have all the "accessories"
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by ifyalways(f): 10:55am On May 15, 2012
Jmoore,I got it all mixed up,my bad.Thought twas Jmaine my Efik boyfriend.lol
O di nma."O" nile bu otu.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 16, 2012
Remind's me of the wedding I attended the other day. I almost shit in my pant's due to the countless plate's of food I ate. But if I happen to come accross any of the couple's today I wouldn't even recognise them. The truth is I never evn bothered checking up their face's I was all for the food and nothing more and before you crucify me I was there to run the guitar. But wait, was that even necessary?
jmoore:

Can you eat a dummy cake??

If they did not invite any guests then they need not worry about the food and cake.
This post is about how people fail to plan, you are missing the point. It is like forgetting to get your wedding dress ready.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 1:36pm On May 16, 2012
Guitarlife: But wait, was that even necessary?

I do not understand you. If your own excess eating was necessary?
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 16, 2012
jmoore:

I do not understand you. If your own excess eating was necessary?
on a more serious note now, I think the unnecessay show of affluence by couples on their wedding day's is particularly sickening. Some incur debts that even outlast the marriage itself. We ought to understand that the church programme itself if just a formalty just like its name 'wedding'. The real marriage takes place elsewhere maybe court or the bride's house. The whole charade of one man pronouncing you husband and wife is quite overrated as he does not have that license I mean, who gave him that license why don't we all emancipate ourselve's ehn. This is 2012 dammit.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 16, 2012
^^^ well said but sadly the wedding has nothing to do with the union any longer, it is more about a show off (to show everyone how "great" life is). the fact that some are willing to go into debt to feed strangers till they cant eat any longer, proves to us all that this is just a charade.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by jmoore(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2012
it is not all about showing off. My purpose of this topic is about planning.
It is like asking a tailor to deliver you a suit you want to use for wedding only for you to find out on the wedding day that the clothing material you bought is still untouched in his shop.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 16, 2012
Is it compulsory you wear a suit or that your clothe must be new? . . . . . . . . . Una go hear am today lol.
jmoore: it is not all about showing off. My purpose of this topic is about planning.
It is like asking a tailor to deliver you a suit you want to use for wedding only for you to find out on the wedding day that the clothing material you bought is still untouched in his shop.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by itstpia1: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2014
wedding day bloopers i guess.
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by Fxwarrior: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2014
Longer throats. I have been to a wedding where food wasn't even significant. Are they not still married today?
Re: On Their Wedding Day No Food And Cake by maidenhead: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2014
Thank God for these comments. My marriage and wedding must remain simple, as we don't even have alot. My husband to be, you have nothing to worry about. Ppl must talk, so let them. All I need is a clean start and a lasting marriage. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Should A Woman Also Cheat On Her Husband For Cheating On Her? / Things I Wish I Did Before Marriage. . . / If Your Dad Is Having An Affair - What Do You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.