Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226446 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mods,

How is it that a topic titled 'YORUBA GRADUALLY BECOMING THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTHWEST' gets expunged while Why Ngige Will Loose In The Next Election: He Sold Himself To Harams and Yorubas is allowed to continue fueling emotions?

Can you please address this inconsistency.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Garrithe1st: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
eGuerrilla: Mods,

How is it that a topic titled 'YORUBA GRADUALLY BECOMING THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTHWEST' gets expunged while Why Ngige Will Loose In The Next Election: He Sold Himself To Harams and Yorubas is allowed to continue fueling emotions?

Thanks.

Afam at work...

Don't Disturb!!!

cool

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 3:45am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 3:50am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Kairoseki77: 7:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Sep 03, 2013
eGuerrilla: Mods,

Thanks.

It was expunged because the OP asked that it be expunged.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Interesting. Never knew members have such privileges. How come request for deletion of account isn't allowed then.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Sep 03, 2013
Demdem:

Interesting. Never knew members have such privileges. How come request for deletion of account isn't allowed then.
As a mod, i only deal with threads as i don't have the priviledge of deleting anyone's account.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Thanks for clarifying things.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
this is wrong, what about other opinions on the thread? Do they belong to the OP? I didn't read the thread but deleting a thread at the OP's request does no justice to other posters on the thread. Just my opinion
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
this is wrong, what about other opinions on the thread? Do they belong to the OP? I didn't read the thread but deleting a thread at the OP's request does no justice to other posters on the thread. Just my opinion
The thread belongs to the OP and he can do whatever he pleases with it with an oversight function performed by the mods. If the OP asks that his thread be deleted then other posts which are subordinates the the thread will go as well. Of what use is the body without the head?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
The thread belongs to the OP and he can do whatever he pleases with it with an oversight function performed by the mods. If the OP asks that his thread be deleted then other posts which are subordinates the the thread will go as well. Of what use is the body without the head?
wow I thought everything posted here belongs to nairaland (seun), thanks for your explanations, though it sounds wired to me.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
Good to be back...

NL has been dull without people like us. wink cheesy grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Welcome back to the community.

ilugunboy: Good to be back...

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Welcome back to the community.

Thank you... wink
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2013

No more dull moment, Ilugunboy is back. E ka bo, se dada le de?

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
No more dull moment, Ilugunboy is back. E ka bo, se dada le de?

Yes ooo....omo dobo-ku want to silence us for his brothers to run riot over NL...but his plan failed.

Thanks to all the wonderful guys here.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Yes ooo....omo dobo-ku want to silence us for his brothers to run riot over NL...but his plan failed.

Thanks to all the wonderful guys here.

You were on a long ban? What did you do? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
wow I thought everything posted here belongs to nairaland (seun), thanks for your explanations, though it sounds wired to me.

Don't believe everything Afam writes here to you. This is why erudite and important people like us continue to patiently lecture him on what are the boundaries and responsibilities of a moderator on this forum. cool

General political threads should NEVER be deleted. If I created a thread supposing on the family section about myself or a challenge I am having, if I later deem the thread not to be serving the purpose it was intended for, or has outlived its usefulness, surely I can request for it to be deleted or most preferably, locked and hidden away.

But a thread that addresses a political initiative of a region within Nigeria should never be deleted. Afam still needs further tutorials I have noticed.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2013

Welcome Abijawara 1 of Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2013

Ilugun the Akogun.
Welcome back baba. cool

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

You were on a long ban? What did you do? grin grin grin grin

Only Sexkillz can give an answer to that....his reason was very vague and meaningless.

How you dey bruv?

I think the Admin and Super Mod should recall the banning priviledge given to the Mods.

Only the Super mod should ban upon recommendation by the mods...the way topics are moved to the FP.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pataki:

Welcome Abijawara 1 of Nairaland. grin

Gbaoooooo....I claimed that title grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by softwareman(m): 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
Obiagelli:

Sounds even much weirder to me! It makes absolutely no sense at all.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Midastouch1: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2013

welcome back, my ban just ended today too.

We will continue to speak the truth

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
Obiagelli:

This undocumented rule is ill-thought out and is a recipe for disaster, to be honest.

What is to stop Joe Bloggs from requesting that hundreds of discussion threads he initiated, to which others had made meaningful contributions, be expunged in the same manner?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
Midastouch1:

welcome back, my ban just ended today too.

We will continue to speak the truth

That is what we will keep doing....
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

I think Seun and the Super Mod should come and elaborate on this and clarify things....

This comment is loaded with meanings...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is false, bro. We do not hide threads by request unless there is a security or privacy issue, and only supermods are allowed to make that determination. Please restore any threads you've hidden solely because the OP asked and refer the cases where there are security or privacy issues to mukina2. Thanks a million for your faithful efforts in this section & may God bless you richly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun, I can see you viewing you this thread.

Can you clearly state whether all threads have the right to be requested for delete by the initiator of that thread?

On what grounds should a thread be deleted? Where in your Nairaland Rules is this stipulated

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.