Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,275 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (227055 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: This is false, bro. We do not hide threads by request unless there is a security or privacy issue, and only supermods are allowed to make that determination. Please restore any threads you've hidden solely because the OP asked and refer the cases where there are security or privacy issues to mukina2. Thanks a million for your efforts & God bless you.

GBAM!!!!!!

Enough said!!!!

Afam, you hear so? grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pataki:

GBAM!!!!!!

Enough said!!!!

Afam, you hear so? grin

Apparently...some Mods here have been setting and acting on their own rules in flagrant disregard to the offical NL rules...

Such official malfeasance must be discouraged and sanctioned by the Admin and Super-Mods.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Apparently...some Mods here have been setting and acting on their own rules in flagrant disregard to the offical NL rules...

Please report them here. We the Board Members shall take it up respectfully with the Super Moderator and Administrator. No moderator is a god on this forum and hence they have no recourse to flagrantly disregard the rules. If in violation of NL rules, we have the right to correct them appropriately through the right channels.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: This is false, bro. We do not hide threads by request unless there is a security or privacy issue, and only supermods are allowed to make that determination. Please restore any threads you've hidden solely because the OP asked and refer the cases where there are security or privacy issues to mukina2. Thanks a million for your efgorts & God bless you.
There have been precedence that not in consonance with what the bolded and that informed my action. I may be wrong thought. I think it's also imperative that the bolded is made law so that we don't get embarrassed on here for doing what we deem right...I think it's also imperatiove that you throw a light on what security and private issue entail cos the post i did what not a news item but the personal opinion of the OP hence the need to oblige him.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
There have been precedence that not in consonance with what the bolded and that informed my action. I may be wrong thought. I think it's also imperative that the bolded is made law so that we don't get embarrassed on here for doing what we deem right...I think it's also imperatiove that you throw a light on what security and private issue entail cos the post i did what not a news item but the personal opinion of the OP hence the need to oblige him.

Flagrant application of rules and regulations. You are fired!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Next time you are in doubt of any course of action you are about to take...seek clarification from above to avoid embarassment that may come with acting wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Yes ooo....omo dobo-ku want to silence us for his brothers to run riot over NL...but his plan failed.

Thanks to all the wonderful guys here.
ki lo se?
Kaabo, se daada lode?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Some of us are waiting for such threads to be restored for our perusal and contributions.
Thank you cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
@payless and @pataki: Please, let us continue to respect moderators even when they make mistakes. Their service to the community should be appreciated even as we acknowledge that they are not perfect. Nobody is perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: This is false, bro. We do not hide threads by request unless there is a security or privacy issue, and only supermods are allowed to make that determination. Please restore any threads you've hidden solely because the OP asked and refer the cases where there are security or privacy issues to mukina2. Thanks a million for your faithful efforts in this section & may God bless you richly.

Thanks for weighing in on this one Seun. As none of the posts on that discussion thread strayed into the area of security or privacy, it came as some surprise that a mod removed it from view by fiat.

I know being a mod of these boards is largely a thankless task, but also feel the wider commentariat will benefit from a more consistent application of our governing rules.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
Is it only me
Seun seems to have grown up by the tone of his language. He no longer sound rascally or sex starved any longer.
This is what I call fresh air.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: @payless and @pataki: Please, let us continue to respect moderators even when they make mistakes. Their service to the community should be appreciated even as we acknowledge that they are not perfect. Nobody is perfect.
Oga at the Top
You are right but also we should all respect each other.I will not name anyone simply because I am trying not to inflame things plus we know them anyway.
There must be an objective way of appraising the performance of moderators in the light of very specific complaints. At least one mod is just NOT fit for the role and there is no diplomatic way to say this. If he does not go he will take the site down sooner or later.

Having said that perhaps you should have corrected your mod in private.No need to embarrass her in public

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: @payless and @pataki: Please, let us continue to respect moderators even when they make mistakes. Their service to the community should be appreciated even as we acknowledge that they are not perfect. Nobody is perfect.
Of course I totally agree with you. I understand it might be difficult for them as well; as often times they have to use their discretion severally in the job they are doing. However, when it becomes biased, and they still try to justify their biased actions, I am sorry they have crossed the line.

This is why I patiently and respectfully correct Afam whenever he is always in error of his job here.

But thanks for making clarity in quick time to this dangerous situation about threads being deleted or hidden abruptly by the hardworking moderators here. grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Tolexander: ki lo se?
Kaabo, se daada lode?

Thanks bro.....

A Mod here decided that he was tired of seeing me around...so he gave me a one-month ban cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
@afam4eva: If you strongly feel a thread should be hidden, ask her about it, and she will decide and answer to me. But it is strongly discouraged and frowned upon. Nairaland members do not "own" their threads. Their threads are "owned" by all of us, especially those who have participated in such threads.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2013
@afam4eva: If you strongly feel a thread should be hidden, ask mukina2 about it, and she will decide and answer to me. But it is strongly discouraged and frowned upon. Nairaland members do not "own" their threads. Their threads are "owned" by all of us, especially those who have participated in such threads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: @afam4eva: If you strongly feel a thread should be hidden, ask her about it, and she will decide and answer to me. But it is strongly discouraged and frowned upon. Nairaland members do not "own" their threads. Their threads are "owned" by all of us, especially those who have participated in such threads.
Is there no way of communicating with your mods in private? Honestly this is embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Demdem: Is it only me
Seun seems to have grown up by the tone of his language. He no longer sound rascally or sex starved any longer.
This is what I call fresh air.

I really think he has. Seun many years ago as far back as 2005/2006, especially 2006 would never bother responding to you in this respectful tone. I was even more gobsmacked to read him using the sentence: 'God bless you'. He stopped believing in God some years back, I remember from a thread he created back in the days when the religion board was still so much sane.

Change is indeed the only constant thing in life. Mukinatu, well done for your work on Seun oh!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
NOTED

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by softwareman(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: @afam4eva: If you strongly feel a thread should be hidden, ask her about it, and she will decide and answer to me. But it is strongly discouraged and frowned upon. Nairaland members do not "own" their threads. Their threads are "owned" by all of us, especially those who have participated in such threads.
the real embarrassment here is that it seems some NAIRALANDers understand the rules and practices of this forum more than some mods.

What you just stated was precisely the point raised by obiagelli earlier.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by physise(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
seun y is it dat mods in d fone section dnt close any thread relating to tecno comparison with other products eg samsung .
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by softwareman(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
omonnakoda: Is there no way of communicating with your mods in private? Honestly this is embarrassing
It is like an assistant pastor preaching wrong doctrine to the congregation during a service. The senior pastor cannot correct him in the secret when he misled the congregation in the open!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
physise: seun y is it dat mods in d fone section dnt close any thread relating to tecno comparison with other products eg samsung .
because they are not supposed to close them.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by physise(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seun: because they are not supposed to close them.
y? d thread generates all sort of insults n arguement
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
physise: y? d thread generates all sort of insults n arguement

Because its against the nairaland rules. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.