Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (225646 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
ilugunboy: They ran away already.....

This Afam is nothing but a TOTAL DISGRACE to those that hired him....

Yeah I noticed he ran away immediately. cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Stop embarrassing yourself. Tell me when Enugu, Imo, Okorocha and Chime became names of ethnic groups.
Afam-Logism 1
As soon as the name of an ethnic group appears in a thread it becomes an ethnic thread.

Afam-Logism2 For a thread to be ethnic the NAME OF an ETHNIC GROUP has to be mentioned and conversely if such a name is missing it cannot be ethnic

This Complaints thread should be in the Ethnic Section BY DEFINITION.

It should be the NUMBER ONE thread in that section

When you try to debate your intellectual superiors you end up looking like a CHUMP
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda:
Logism 1
So as soon as the name of an ethnic group appears in a thread it becomes an ethnic thread.

Logism2 For a thread to be ethnic the NAME OF an ETHNIC GROUP has to be mentioned

This Complaints thread should be in the Ethnic Section BY DEFINITION.

It should be the NUMBER ONE thread in that section

When you try to debate your intellectual superiors you end up looking like a CHUMP

In my first submission, i stated that the idiosyncrasy of that thread suggests that it should be in the ethnic section and not just because "Yoruba" was stated in it. The meeting that gave rise to that article was a meeting of ethnic groups and the discussions were ethnic discussion, so i don't know what you're arguing for or against.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
In my first submission, i stated that the idiosyncrasy of that thread suggests that it should be in the ethnic section and not just because "Yoruba" was stated in it. The meeting that gave rise to that article was a meeting of ethnic groups and the discussions were ethnic discussion, so i don't know what you're arguing for or against.

Stop prancing around it....clutching at flexible straw.

What you did is wrong and unbecoming of a Mod in Politics Section.

That is why I still believe the privileges of Mods in this section should be watered down....as long as many things are left to discretion.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by femogbangba: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
In my first submission, i stated that the idiosyncrasy of that threads suggests that it should be in the ethnic section and not just because "Yoruba" was stated in it. The meeting that gave rise to that article was a meeting of ethnic groups and the discussions were ethnic discussion, so i don't know what you're arguing for or against.

Please stop using words you dont understand. When I raised this issue, you said that it could either be in the Politics section or the sectarian section depending on how the Mod "perceives" it.

You are clutching at straws here intentionally trying to obfuscate. You have not given any sensible explanation on the reason why the Enugu thread has been in the Politics section for over a year and a Mod immediately moved the thread where JP Clark spoke about Awolowo's achievements in the Old Western region to the sectarian section- the only reason you have provided is that it is at the Mod's discretion and that you obviously agree with sexkills decision to move it.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

You are part of the fetid menace that is destroying this forum and this country. How does the words of Edwin Clark connote or suggest that the discussion which that thread highlights is ethnic?

Had a prominent Yoruba man stated what Edwin Clark stated, what would you interpret it as? Should we therefore place it that any SNC related topic/thread should end-up in the Ethnic section?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
That thread could actually belong to the Ethnic section or the poltiics section depending on the disgression of a particular mod. That thread talked a lot about Awolowo, being responsible for the development in Yorubaland and the fact that Yorubas have been at the forefront for the call of a National conference.

The thread talked a lot about Awolowo COMMA being responsible for development in Yorubaland and the fact that Yoruba have been at the forefront for the call of a National Conference.

Why is that COMMA significant it separates an idea . By using that comma the author is saying "The thread talks about AWOLOWO and is ethnic for that reason specifically" but not only that also that he was responsible for development in "YORUBALAND" . This word Yorubaland did not appear in the article . I took Afam on about it and after initially lying he said "what is the difference"?.

Let me explain the difference. Awolowo was Premier of Western Region Which included Delta State and Edo State as we know them today. So that is why Edwin Clark is speaking not from hearsay but direct experience. Western Region was not just Yorubaland when Awo was Premier

It was not Yoruba land as Afam would like to project but Yorubaland,Edoland,Ijawland,Ikaland,Asaba,Agbor,Warri,Sapele,Ughelli Escravos,Umunede etc . Are we getting the picture. Nothing Tribal or Ethnic about that territory,AT ALL
Forefront for the call for National Conference Is the call for a national conference an ethnic matter

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
femogbangba:

Please stop using words you dont understand. When I raised this issue, you said that it could either be in the Politics section or the sectarian section depending on how the Mod "perceives" it.

You are clutching at straws here intentionally trying to obfuscate. You have not given any sensible explanation on the reason why the Enugu thread has been in the Politics section for over a year and a Mod immediately moved the thread where JP Clark spoke about Awolowo's achievements in the Old Western region to the sectarian section- the only reason you have provided is that it is at the Mod's discretion and that you obviously agree with sexkills decision to move it.
That thread is not an extreme case of an ethnic thread but that doesn't mean that it does not fit the description. probably if i had come across the thread myself, i would have left it in the politics section but that doesn't mean the mod that moved the thread did the wrong thing. Moderating Nairaland is not a black and white issue and we try as much as possible to do the right thing or something close.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
That thread is not an extreme case of an ethnic thread but that doesn't mean that it does not fit the description. probably if i had come across the thread myself, i would have left it in the politics section but that doesn't mean the mod that moved the thread did the wrong thing. Moderating Nairaland is not a black and white issue and we try as much as possible to do the right thing or something close.

So can you now please do the right thing by moving it back to the Politics section.....

The other Mod that doesn't know his left from his right but to ban members indiscriminately just arrogantly and childishly called it sectarian....am sure he doesn't even know the meaning of the word.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

In this case, you are supporting the wrong thing.

Now, do the NEEDFUL as your ibo sister will say.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

So can you now please move it back to the Politics section.....

The other Mod that doesn't know his left from his right but to ban members just arrogantly and childishly called it sectarian....am sure he doesn't even know the meaning of the word.
Like i said, he didn't do the wrong thing by moving it there as the thread also somewhat fits the description of that section.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where is this guy from. An "extreme" case as in extreme Iboness?? or Mild Iboness, A case of Iboness What are you talking about
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
God bless you all for understanding. I've always known Pataki, Omonnakoda, femiogbangba and Illugunboy to be very understanding. Thanks for exhibiting this rare quality. God bless.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Like i said, he didn't do the wrong thing by moving it there as the thread also somewhat fits the description of that section.

Guy...what is the meaning of this...why are you foot dragging....are you afraid of the boy and you don't want to offend him.?

Mukinat....if Afam is too lilly livered to offend his co-mod by doing the right thing...can you please help in doing the needful?

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

And what is the description? That ''Awolowo'' and ''Yoruba'' was mentioned? Why are you behaving like an obdurate bone? undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
if it makes you guys happy, i'll move it back to the politics section.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Where is Seun or Mukina to give a definitive opinion on this matter?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva: if it makes you guys happy, i'll move it back to the politics section.

Thank you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Pataki: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva: if it makes you guys happy, i'll move it back to the politics section.

Yes kindly do the needful and if your ibo brothers turn that thread into a tribalism-hate-filled thread, kindly do the needful on them appropriately.

Thanks for your kind and needful understanding in this regards.

God bless in needful abundance.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva: God bless you all for understanding. I've always known Pataki, Omonnakoda, femiogbangba and Illugunboy to be very understanding. Thanks for exhibiting this rare quality. God bless.
You will find that people will respect you when you respect them the converse is equally true. More importantly be truthful and stop needless lies or half-truths just to score points
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Unblockable: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
ilugunboy:

So can you now please do the right thing by moving it back to the Politics section.....

The other Mod that doesn't know his left from his right but to ban members indiscriminately just arrogantly and childishly called it sectarian....am sure he doesn't even know the meaning of the word.
He's as wretched as wretchedness...

MOD my foot
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
OAM4J is too care-free and easy going.

Jarus would have openly called out these two guys for their hypocrisy...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
Oh boy

A too rigid or too loose interpretation of rules will leave mods boxing themselves into a corner. That's why common sense should play a part and bigotry shouldn't.

By the interpretation adopted by afam and sexkillz, 98% of politics section threads will end up in the ethnic section.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Katsumoto: Oh boy

A too rigid or too loose interpretation of rules will leave mods boxing themselves into a corner. That's why common sense should play a part and bigotry shouldn't.

By the interpretation adopted by afam and sexkillz, 98% of politics section threads will end up in the ethnic section.
That's why i say we see things a little differently. We have rules and not a constitution. While the latter if precise, the former is not and is open to varying interpretations. The truth is that a lot of threads even in the politics section can belong to any other section but is left here due to the discretionary powers of the mods. Like i said, it's not a white and black issue, so no one is right or wrong but the powers of the mods have to be respected. it is what it is.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by isalegan2: 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
We need to once and for all address the purpose for the subsection, Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics.

Is it:

A) A place to discuss regional politics, intra/inter-ethnic issues, etc.
(This means there should be no hesitation to open threads there and have as beneficial a debate as we do in the main Politics section. lol.)

B) A place where threads that devolve into "tribal" fights and acrimonious discussions are dumped!
(This gives that area a very bad image, where some posters prefer not to engage.)

If a thread deteriorates into ugly name calling, finger-pointing and posting of degrading pictures of poverty-stricken communities or starving children war refugees, is the right thing to do:
1) send it to the ethnic subsection?
2) hide posts and lock it temporarily until sanity prevails?
3) delete it completely?

If I create a thread in the Politics section, with the intention of having a fruitful and enlightening discussion about a controversial topic, and I step away for 5 hours, come back and find that the thread has been turned into ethnic bashing, should the resolution be to move/dump said thread into the dungheap of tribal politics? Is that fair to me and to those who are interested in continuing the discussion? Who is to say the discussion is no longer worth pursuing because some got hot under the collar?

Are we moving threads to that subsection because of the subject-matter OR because the discussion turned unpleasant and acrimonious?

Make a clear rule and stick with it!

Or get rid of that subsection altogether. undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
That's why i say we see things a little differently. We have rules and not a constitution. While the latter if precise, the former is not and is open to varying interpretations. The truth is that a lot of threads even in the politics section can belong to any other section but is left here due to the discretionary powers of the mods. Like i said, it's not a white and black issue, so no one is right or wrong but the powers of the mods have to be respected. it is what it is.

Sometimes you like taking bullets for another person.

You've been admonished several times here...even Seun called you to order the last time.

The important thing...When in doubt or not too sure of a particular line of action you want to take...ask your superiors.

We will respect the Mod that respect us....respect is not automatic as you wish it to be.

Any power of the mod that is used flagrantly will be questioned..no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by pullyacap: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2013
Pataki:

Yes kindly do the needful and if your ibo brothers turn that thread into a tribalism-hate-filled thread, kindly do the needful on them appropriately.

Thanks for your kind and needful understanding in this regards.

God bless in needful abundance.

Ah ah

Eniyan Pataki! You sha want to stick the 'Needful' word in some people's needful eyes!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 0monnakoda: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
You are desperate to be an intellectual and so you continue these endless and frankly, embarrassing posturings, often saying things you know nothing about ; " A Constitution is precise" and "rules are not".where did you learn that. Constitution "not subject to varying interpretations" Really? The point is a simple one if the mods take action and they are challenged they should respond flexibly and intelligently. You tried desperately to justify the action witha a display of irrationality that only a sadistic v,oyeur could have enjoyed.
What is worse is you failed completely to see the total absence of sense in what you were spewing and even had the arrogance to call your dire offering a "submission".
Submission? Are you Seriously having a laugh?
You need admission grin grin grin
The only value much of what you say here has is comical.
Stop trying to sound intelligent the effort is cringe-worthy and piteous to behold. A kitten does not become a tiger when it reaches adulthood!

6 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by automaticcars: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sexkillz the ibo moderator is watching the thread. Shamless bigot called moderatorgrin

What a girly boygringringrin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Arysexy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2013

y will u move it? ask urself y its them always whining in this section. dont allow any bigot tyeach u ur job.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Arysexy:

y will u move it? ask urself y its them always whining in this section. dont allow any bigot tyeach u ur job.

Because he understand when to acknowledge a superior argument and he is not too proud to do the right thing..

kapish?!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda:
You are desperate to be an intellectual and so you continue these endless and frankly, embarrassing posturings, often saying things you know nothing about ; " A Constitution is precise" and "rules are not".where did you learn that. Constitution "not subject to varying interpretations" Really? The point is a simple one if the mods take action and they are challenged they should respond flexibly and intelligently. You tried desperately to justify the action witha a display of irrationality that only a sadistic v,oyeur could have enjoyed.
What is worse is you failed completely to see the total absence of sense in what you were spewing and even had the arrogance to call your dire offering a "submission".
Submission? Are you Seriously having a laugh?
You need admission grin grin grin
The only value much of what you say here has is comical.
Stop trying to sound intelligent the effort is cringe-worthy and piteous to behold. A kitten does not become a tiger when it reaches adulthood!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That was a bit much. Kilode?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.