Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226186 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Demdem(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2013
GARRI (x7):

OAM4J........OAM419

C'mon, what's the biggie?? At least they're identical..

cheesy

Just like
E-Guerilla........E-Gorilla...

cheesy
grin grin Abegi oam4j na correct person ooo. grin grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GARRIx7(m): 8:26am On Jan 26, 2013
Demdem:
grin grin Abegi oam4j na correct person ooo. grin grin

Agreed, just that I kinda prefer my version of the name..

Abeg explain to the guy, he should try to understand...

grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 8:32am On Jan 26, 2013
Incredible!!! External journalists have latched on to the story about Seun's resignation and written an article identifying OAM4J as the trouble maker. Read The Article Here na wa o.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GARRIx7(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:
For not contacting me privately before posting this, I hereby resign from my position as the owner and admin of Nairaland and the politics section. Good bye to you all!

Bookmarked..... grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by naptu2: 8:49am On Jan 26, 2013
ndu_chucks: Incredible!!! External journalists have latched on to the story about Seun's resignation and written an article identifying OAM4J as the trouble maker. Read The Article Here na wa o.

Reminds me of this https://www.nairaland.com/999624/nairaland-wants-real-name
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Olaone1: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:
For not contacting me privately before posting this, I hereby resign from my position as the owner and admin of Nairaland and the politics section. Good bye to you all!
From FStranger (my buddy) to you: clown! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by DeepSight(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2013
None of this answers the question as to where the thread is; and the debate is supposed to be today.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OliverBrain(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Does Art really don't have a placd in Nation building? The FG must tell us why the First class schorlaship programme did not include Arts https://www.nairaland.com/1170920/why-did-fgs-first-class Please admin, this post need to make the front page.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GARRIx7(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2013
Deep Sight:
None of this answers the question as to where the thread is; and the debate is supposed to be today.

Imagine the concobility!

What kind of orukuruku-ish act are we witnessing here!!

I suspect sabotage.

It's obvious that a Judascious character who has some extra-normal privileges sneaked in Nicodemusly when good people were fast asleep and proceeded to kpai the debate thread.

The following suspects should be thoroughly interrogated without delay:
1. Seun
2. Afam4eva-wine
3. OAM419
4. Mukina2
5. Jarule

cool

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:

So how much are you going to sell NL to me before mukinat buy it ?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Gboliwe: 11:22am On Jan 26, 2013
@Seun, never knew you were this humourous. I LOLed at your comment and in a way it doused the rising tension.
Having said that, like DS said, you haven't answered the question. What exactly is going on? Where is the thread?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Smartiegurl(f): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:
are you kidding me me?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ishilove: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:
Buwhahahahaha!!! This just made my day! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You have a wacky sense of humour sha. cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by masterpiecer(m): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:

does this mean i would no longer get banned for trolling? cheesy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by DeepSight(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
This is really very curious indeed. We start a worthy tradition for monthly politics debates; the third edition is about to hold; the thread suddenly disappears; and when we come here to inquire after it, there is absolute silence from the owner, admin and moderators - notwithstanding that the debate should have held today. I am deeply disappointed.

However, it just means that there is nothing more to debate: because this conduct alone by the NL managers answers every single question about why Nigeria is the way it is.

Sad.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GARRIx7(m): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Deep Sight:
This is really very curious indeed. We start a worthy tradition for monthly politics debates; the third edition is about to hold; the thread suddenly disappears; and when we come here to inquire after it, there is absolute silence from the owner, admin and moderators - notwithstanding that the debate should have held today. I am deeply disappointed.

However, it just means that there is nothing more to debate: because this conduct alone by the NL managers answers every single question about why Nigeria is the way it is.

Sad.

I feel you bro..

It really is a shame, because the debate is actually one of the most noteworthy activities on Nairaland..

.. Looking closely, the major challenge here is a clash of EGOs amongst the organisers. The interest of forumites is not even factored into their actions.

It really is a SHAME...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tgirl4real(f): 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
Seun:

grin grin grin

I hope d slot is open for job seekers? grin

Sarcastic!

Lol
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tgirl4real(f): 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
Deep Sight:

Sad.

Awww... Sad!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
I unstickied the thread because I felt the popularity of the thread would be enough to sustain it. I thought it would not need to be a sticky thread since thousands of Nairalanders are already following it. A popular thread should not need to be sticky to survive.

Here is a link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1068413/nl-monthly-political-debate/32#14028826
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by NegroNtns(m): 1:43am On Jan 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

Sad.

....it is unfortunate!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:15am On Jan 27, 2013
[b]Hello Seun and other Moderators, it has come to my notice that a certain thread in the business section has been closed and the reason given is that it would make Nairaland lose it's members to other chat network thereby making it suffer.

I will like to point out the fact that you were wrong on your judgment and you decision may be biased.
Reason are as follow:

1, There are countless of other threads in other sections especially in tje dating section where visitors come and exchange contacts for the benefit of other members of the Forum and many people may have benefited.

2, Existence of such threads does not in any way make the great forum suffer any form of loss whatsoever because it essentially encourages more people Who are in networking to register with the forum and make their contribution therefore increasing your conversion rate.

3, Nairaland as a forum has been termed as an anonymous social network therefore it is a general trend for members not to reveal their true identity however such networking threads encourages more people to become more realistic after revealing their true identities to other Members they've networked with.

4, I tend to have an impression that your forum is either been over moderated or you are simply against the promotion of free enterprise among your forum members and this more than anything else has greatly reduced the number of active members who are essentially the group that keep every forum alive.

It may also interest you to know that I have been a member of this forum for a good number of years and I have made the observations I listed above over that period.

You may also want to know that human growth is inevitable and as a result of this many of your members have out grown the mentality they had when they joined your forum over time. While some remained a great many other have lefT for a new breed of members. Therefore the Nairaland culture has changed over time and many including you are finding it difficult to adapt.

You may also want to focus more attention to other sections which are dying fast due to very little visitors coming in.
You have simply focused to much attention on the political section while section like Programming and Webmaster's sections are dying fast.

The over moderated Romance section has lost a great deal of members to the family and entertainment sections too.
I'm sure you will notice all these if you pay close attention to you site statistics.

In conclusion, I want to encourage you to open the said thread that made me post this complaint which is also contains a great deal of suggestions from my humble self.
Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1173536/nairaland-enterpreneurs

I will also like to state that it is of no gain to me if your forum suffers any loss and if indeed it does, it would be as a result of your activities or inactivity.

SHALOM.
[/b]
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by DeepSight(m): 4:35am On Jan 27, 2013
Seun: I unstickied the thread because I felt the popularity of the thread would be enough to sustain it. I thought it would not need to be a sticky thread since thousands of Nairalanders are already following it. A popular thread should not need to be sticky to survive.

Here is a link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1068413/nl-monthly-political-debate/32#14028826

Boss, with respect, you are just chasing shadows. The debate was to hold yesterday and did not happen. No notice of postponement, nothing.

What happened? ? ? ? ?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by birdman(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

Boss, with respect, you are just chasing shadows. The debate was to hold yesterday and did not happen. No notice of postponement, nothing.

What happened? ? ? ? ?

Eh, nairaland is Seun's property so I guess he can do what he wants. Its annoying to see the Jarus issue continue to drag on and manifest over and over again. Luckily, all the affected mods so far are upstanding human beings and have not turned this into roforofo, which they easily could
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2013
Deep Sight: Boss, with respect, you are just chasing shadows. The debate was to hold yesterday and did not happen. No notice of postponement, nothing.
What happened? ? ? ? ?
What you should have said is that you don't understand understand what I said. Not to worry, I will break it down for you.

I decided to unsticky the thread because it does not need to be sticky. There are threads on this forum that are 500 pages long and they are not sticky threads. However, the organizers did not understand my reason and so they decided to abandon the competition. They did not ask me and I did not tell them. I hereby accept responsibility for this misunderstanding

In order to make things right, I will take over the management of the competition on the short term, since it has been abandoned by the original organisers. This is because I can't force them to do what they don't want to do. I have some ideas about how to make it better, so this will be a win-win situation for everyone. Stay tuned!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by NegroNtns(m): 9:26am On Jan 27, 2013
these misunderstandings are becoming frequent.
when i hear the word "misunderstanding", it means time to keep an empty bottle nearby!

....watch it guys angry angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Feedmemore(f): 9:34am On Jan 27, 2013
Seun:
What you should have said is that you don't understand understand what I said. Not to worry, I will break it down for you.

I decided to unsticky the thread because it does not need to be sticky. !
Ok noted.
But can you please tell us why you think the thread need not be sticky?
Any particular reason for this? undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Gboliwe: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2013
What manner of man is this nl administrator?
You unstickied a very sensitive thread (sensitive in the sense that Jarus and Afam4ever are in it and any slight misunderstanding would explode) without informing the owner of the thread and the moderators of the section on why.
You see the bad blood it is brewing already.
This idea you have on making the debate better should have been introduced in the thread and other users criticise it. Why are you trying to impose your ideas and run it by yourself?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Seun(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
Negro_Ntns: these misunderstandings are becoming frequent. when i hear the word "misunderstanding", it means time to keep an empty bottle nearby! ....watch it guys angry angry
Misunderstandings are a normal part of life. Even married couples have them. The key to success & progress is to resolve them quickly.

Feed me more:
Ok noted.
But can you please tell us why you think the thread need not be sticky?
Any particular reason for this? undecided
I felt the thread was popular enough to survive on merit rather than us having to impose it on you by making it sticky. I am surprised that it was abandoned the moment I unstickied it, because considering the popularity of the debate, one would expect that people would be updating the thread constantly thus keeping it on page 1 of the politics section. I will investigate this further.

Gboliwe: What manner of man is this nl administrator?
You unstickied a very sensitive thread (sensitive in the sense that Jarus and Afam4ever are in it and any slight misunderstanding would explode) without informing the owner of the thread and the moderators of the section on why.
You see the bad blood it is brewing already.
This idea you have on making the debate better should have been introduced in the thread and other users criticise it. Why are you trying to impose your ideas and run it by yourself?
Running the debate myself is the last thing I want to do, but I'm prepared to run it for a week or two in order to make things right and make everyone happy.

I think your characterisation of Jarus and Afam4eva as sensitive kids who will throw tantrums if anyone dares to touch their toys is insulting and completely false. All the current and past moderators of the Politics section are capable of resolving misunderstandings with unbelievable maturity. It's unlikely that a little thing like unstickying a thread, which could have been done by mistake, would cause serious problems between us. They are all mature and level-headed and they are not in the habit of blowing minor issues out of proportion. Don't worry about that.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Gboliwe: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
I do not fault your judgement on the maturity of Jarus and Afam4ever but did you read Afam4ever's reply when asked the whereabouts of the thread in question?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
err,Afamefuna please why was my comment hidden on the thread "Woman burns thigh of a girl for stealing 1000 naira"?. angry angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
berem: err,Afamefuna please why was my comment hidden on the thread "Woman burns thigh of a girl for stealing 1000 naira"?. angry angry

None of the 2 hidden posts on the thread as at of this time belongs to you. And I didnt see any post from berem on the thread. except berem= faporori24= #80million
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 27, 2013
OAM4J:

None of the 2 hidden posts on the thread as at of this time belongs to you. And I didnt see any post from berem on the thread. except berem= faporori24= #80million
no wahala.probably similar thread where i commented is not the one on FP.Thanks. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.